Austin-Bergstrom International Airport is a bustling transportation hub located in Austin, Texas. Serving millions of passengers annually, the airport is a gateway to not only Austin but also the surrounding Central Texas region. The airport’s modern facilities, convenient location, and wide range of amenities make it a popular choice for travelers.
In this article, we’ll explore the history of the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, its current state, and what makes it stand out among other airports in the United States. Whether you’re a frequent flyer or planning your first trip through Austin, this article will provide you with all the information you need to know about this dynamic airport.
- General Info Austin-Bergstrom International Airport AUS
- AUS Airport Codes
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport Map
- Austin Bergstrom International Airport Terminal Map
- Airlines Operating from Austin Bergstrom International Airport
- Nearest Airport to Austin Bergstrom International Airport
- Austin Bergstrom International Airport Terminal
- List of Airlines Operating from Austin Airport Terminals
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport Security and Customs
- Lounges at Austin Bergstrom International Airport
- Dining and Drinks at Austin Bergstrom International Airports
- Austin Bergstrom International Airport Wi-Fi and Charging Stations
- Lost and found at Austin Bergstrom International Airport in detail
- Facilities and services at Austin Bergstrom International Airport (AUS)
- Travel to and From Austin Bergstrom International Airport
- Directions by Car to Austin Bergstrom International Airport
- Austin Bergstrom International Airport Parking
- Austin Bergstrom international airport Car rental
- Hotels near Austin Bergstrom International Airport
General Info Austin-Bergstrom International Airport AUS
The following provides some additional information on the Austin Bergstrom International Airport.
|Airport||Austin Bergstrom International Airport|
|Owner/Operator||City of Austin Aviation Department|
|Austin Airport Terminals||Barbara Terminal and The south Terminal|
|Opened||May 23, 1999,|
|Focus city for||Allegiant Air|
|Elevation AMSL||542 ft / 165 m|
|Airport Address||36000 Presidential Blvd, Austin, TX 78719|
|Distance from the Downtown||7.5 miles|
|Total Passengers Statistics (2022)||21,089,289|
|Aircraft operations Statistics (2022)||268,830|
|Total cargo (lbs.)||310,338,322|
AUS Airport Codes
|WORLD AREA CODE||74|
|ZIP CODE||TX 78719|
|IATA METROPOLITAN CODE||AUS|
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport Map
Austin Bergstrom International Airport Terminal Map
AUS has two terminals, Barbara Jordan Terminal and the south terminal at Austin-Bergstrom international airport. Below is the layout of the AUS terminal map that helps you navigate the airport.
Airlines Operating from Austin Bergstrom International Airport
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport is a major airport serving the city of Austin, Texas, USA. Here are some of the airlines that operate from AUS:
- Alaska Airlines – Alaska Airlines uses the Barbara Jordan Terminal in Terminal Main (AUS). From AUS airport you can get the Alaska Airlines name correction, Alaska flight change and Alaska pet travel services, and more from the airport check-in counter. The airport also offers TSA Pre, cargo services, a partner airline lounge, free wifi, as well as family restrooms and power outlets at the gate.
- Allegiant Air – Allegiant Airlines uses The South Terminal of Austin Bergstrom International Airport (AUS).
- Delta Air Lines – Delta Air Lines operates from Terminal Main – Barbara Jordan Terminal at Austin Bergstrom International Airport (AUS). At AUS Airport Delta check-in counter offers to Cancel your Delta Flight at the last minute, upgrade seats, add or know the process of Delta baggage policy, and all travel-related services.
- Frontier Airlines – Frontier Airlines uses the South terminal for picking up and dropping off parking, Also passengers Can check in at Frontier on AUS Aiport and other amenities. Besides, passengers can add/submit baggage, request cancellation, flight changes, compensation for Frontier cancel flights and more at the airport check-in counter.
- Spirit Airlines – Spirit Airlines uses the Barbara Jordan Terminal at the Austin Bergstrom International Airport (AUS). Head to the check-in Spirit Airlines at the AUS Aiport counter to add baggage, request to cancel flights on Spirit Airlines, Spirit Airlines pet travel service, Spirit Airlines unaccompanied minor flight booking, and more.
- Air Canada – Air Canada uses the Barbara Jordan Terminal also known as Terminal Main at At Austin Bergstrom Airport. Passengers can head to the check-in to Air Canada at the AUS counter, name corrections on Air Canada ticket, Air Canada missed flight, request to cancel an Air Canada flight ticket, add extra baggage services, and many more.
- Copa Airlines – Copa Airlines operates terminal 2 as the departure and arrival point for all passengers flying with it. Many flights, both one-way and roundtrip, are available from Copa Airlines to Austin. The Airline’s check-in counter offers Copa Airlines cancellation and baggage policies to passengers.
Nearest Airport to Austin Bergstrom International Airport
The nearest airport to Austin Bergstrom International Airport is the Austin Executive Airport (EDC), which is located approximately 11 miles north of downtown Austin. However, Austin Executive Airport is a smaller general aviation airport and may not have commercial flights available. The other include –
- Killeen-Fort Hood Regional airport which is 60 miles to the north.
- San Antonio International Airport (SAT), which is located approximately 80 miles southwest of Austin.
- Waco Regional Airport which is 100 miles away from the Austin Bergstrom.
- Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH), which is approximately 155 miles to the southeast.
- Houston Hobby International Airport (HOU), which is 160 miles away from Austin.
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW), which is approximately 190 miles to the north.
Austin Bergstrom International Airport Terminal
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport has one main terminal building with two levels. The upper level is for departures, and the lower level is for arrivals. Austin has two terminals named the Barbara Jordan Terminal and the South Terminal.
Overall, the terminal layout at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport is relatively straightforward, with two concourses and a total of 28 gates.
Barbara Jordan Terminal
It is the largest of the two terminals, It is utilized by most airlines for both domestic and international flights. The terminal two levels are connected by a split-level roadway with curbside pick-up and drop-off on both the top and lower levels. The Barbara Jordan Terminal has 25 gates. The terminal is divided into two concourses:
- West concourse: Passengers can freely walk around the departure zones after passing through security to take advantage of the perks. 11 gates, numbered 24 to 34, and a small number of establishments offering top-notch services may be found on the West Concourse.
- East concourse: It has 13 gates, and The East concourse is the most newly developed concourse in Austin airport.
Austin Bergstrom international airport South Terminal
Passengers can get to the Austin Bergstrom Airport South Terminal by taking U.S. 183 South to Burleson Road. It has recently undergone renovations and is located quite apart from the Barbara Jordan Terminal. This terminal has a separate building located on the south side of the airport and serves low-cost carriers, such as Allegiant, ViaAir, and Sun Country Airlines. It has three gates and a smaller selection of amenities than the Barbara Jordan Terminal.
- Inter-terminal Transport – Shuttles run out of the area outside the South Terminal and pick up and drop off passengers from the top level of the Barbara Jordan Terminal. When travelling by car, the 2 terminals are roughly 8 miles apart. Passengers can take the complimentary shuttle bus to transfer between terminals.
List of Airlines Operating from Austin Airport Terminals
|Airlines||Phone Number||Airlines Uses Austin Airport Terminals|
|Aeromexico||1-800-237-6639||Aeromexico Austin Bergstrom International Airport Barbara Jordan Terminal|
|Air Canada||1-888-247-2262||Air Canada Austin Bergstrom International Airport Barbara Jordan Terminal|
|Alaska Airlines||1-800-ALASKAAIR t||Alaska Airlines Austin Bergstrom International Airport Barbara Jordan Terminal|
|American Airlines||1-800-433-7300||American Airlines Austin Bergstrom International Airport Barbara Jordan Terminal|
|British Airways||1-800-247-9297||British Airways Austin Bergstrom International Airport Barbara Jordan Terminal|
|Copa Airlines||1-786-840-COPA (2672)||Copa Airlines Austin Bergstrom International Airport Barbara Jordan Terminal|
|Delta Airlines||1-800-221-1212||Delta Airlines Austin Bergstrom International Airport Barbara Jordan Terminal|
|Hawaiian Airlines||1-800-367-5320||Hawaiian Airlines Austin Bergstrom International Airport Barbara Jordan Terminal|
|JetBlue Airways||1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583)||JetBlue Airways Austin Bergstrom International Airport Barbara Jordan Terminal|
|JSX Airline||1-800-435-9579||JSX Airline Austin Bergstrom International Airport Barbara Jordan Terminal|
|Lufthansa||1-866-846-4283||Lufthansa Austin Bergstrom International Airport Barbara Jordan Terminal|
|Southwest||1-800-435-9792||Southwest Austin Bergstrom International Airport Barbara Jordan Terminal|
|Spirit Airlines||1-855-728-3555||Spirit Airlines Austin Bergstrom International Airport Barbara Jordan Terminal|
|Sun Country Airlines||1-800-359-6786||Sun Country Airlines Austin Bergstrom International Airport Barbara Jordan Terminal|
|United Airlines||1-800-241-6522||United Airlines Austin Bergstrom International Airport Barbara Jordan Terminal|
|Vacation Express||1-800-309-4717||Vacation Express Austin Bergstrom International Airport Barbara Jordan Terminal|
|WestJet||1-888-937-8538||WestJet Austin Bergstrom International Airport Barbara Jordan Terminal|
|Allegiant Air||1-702-505-8888||Allegiant Air Austin Bergstrom International Airport South Terminal|
|Frontier Airlines||1-800-432-1359||Frontier Airlines Austin Bergstrom International Airport South Terminal|
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport Security and Customs
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport has a strong focus on security measures to ensure the safety of its passengers and employees. The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is responsible for security screening at the airport, and they have implemented various measures to ensure the safety of passengers and their belongings.
- Security checkpoints – There are four security checkpoints in the Barbara Jordan Terminal. The first checkpoints open every day at 3 a.m. All checkpoints at the Barbara Jordan Terminal connect to all gates and airlines.
- TSA Precheck counters – The TSA is in charge of staffing security screening checkpoints. At Checkpoints 1 and 2 West, where the checkpoints open at 3:30 a.m. every day, you can access TSA PreCheck and Clear screening. Also, at busiest travel times, Checkpoint 2 East, a new security checkpoint close to Southwest ticketing, will be accessible to all travellers through general screening.
Custom and international travel – Travellers arriving on an international aircraft must present identification, such as a passport, and declare any valuables. For more info about the CBP counter, visit the U.S. Customs and Border Protection website.
Lounges at Austin Bergstrom International Airport
Austin International Airport has several lounges available for passengers who wish to enjoy a more comfortable and relaxing travel experience. Here are some of the lounges you can find at AUS:
- The Club at AUS – This lounge is located in the west concourse of the Barbara Jordan Terminal, near gate 7. It offers a variety of amenities, including complimentary snacks and beverages, Wi-Fi, newspapers and magazines, and a comfortable seating area.
- United Club – This lounge is located in the east concourse of the Barbara Jordan Terminal, near gate 11. It offers a variety of amenities, including complimentary snacks and beverages, Wi-Fi, newspapers and magazines, and a comfortable seating area.
- American Airlines Admirals Club – This lounge is located in the west concourse of the Barbara Jordan Terminal, near gate 22. It offers a variety of amenities, including complimentary snacks and beverages, Wi-Fi, newspapers and magazines, and a comfortable seating area.
- Delta Sky Club – This lounge is located in the east concourse of the Barbara Jordan Terminal, near gate 7. It offers a variety of amenities, including complimentary snacks and beverages, Wi-Fi, newspapers and magazines, and a comfortable seating area.
Dining and Drinks at Austin Bergstrom International Airports
Austin Bergstrom International Airport has a variety of dining and drink options available to passengers. Here are some of the options:
- Earl Campbell’s Sports Bar – Located at Barbara Terminal near Gate 19, this restaurant offers a variety of bar food such as burgers, wings, and sandwiches, as well as a full bar. It is
- The Salt Lick BBQ – A famous BBQ restaurant in Texas, Salt Lick serves a variety of meat dishes such as brisket, ribs, and sausage, as well as sides like coleslaw, potato salad, and beans. It opens Monday to Sunday between 5:00 AM and 9:45 PM, and is located after security near gate 22.
- Ruta Maya Coffee – This coffee shop offers organic coffee, tea, and baked goods neat gate 14 after security.
- Amy’s Ice Cream – A beloved Austin ice cream shop, Amy’s serves a variety of ice cream flavours, as well as toppings and mix-ins. Head to the barbara terminal near gate 21 after security.
- Departure Lounge – Located near gate 17 after security, this lounge offers a full bar and a variety of food options such as sandwiches, salads, and appetisers.
- Saxon Pub – This music venue and bar offers live music and a variety of drinks, as well as pub fare like burgers and sandwiches. You will find this after security near gate 19.
- Second Bar + Kitchen – This restaurant near gate 16 after security at Barbara Jordan terminal serves contemporary American cuisine, including pizzas, salads, and sandwiches, as well as cocktails, wine, and beer.
These are just a few of the dining and drink options available at Austin Bergstrom International Airports. There are many other options available as well, ranging from fast food to fine dining.
Austin Bergstrom International Airport Wi-Fi and Charging Stations
The departure areas are equipped with both USB and regular power outlets. Boingo offers 4 hours of free Wi-Fi for travellers at AUS. Choose “Boingo Hotspot” from the list of connections to connect, and then choose “Complimentary WiFi.” Charging stations – The departure areas are equipped with both USB and regular power outlets.
Lost and found at Austin Bergstrom International Airport in detail
If you have lost something in Austin Airport then you should contact to AUS airport department. The Lost & Found department is situated at behind of carousel 1. It is open from 8 am to 4 pm.
- The office helps travellers who are trying to find their lost property everyday. For assistance after hours, passengers can phone 512-530-LOST (5678).
- Passengers can leave a message that includes their name, phone number, and a brief description of the missing item, and assistance will be given once it is received.
If lost at Security check – Travellers can contact the TSA’s Lost & Found division for information regarding things lost at security checkpoints. The TSA phone number is 512-386-2015, and passengers can call there for assistance. It is open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and closed on Saturday and Sunday.
When filing a lost and found complaint, passengers need to keep the following facts in mind:
- A description of the object, the day and time it was lost, the place where it was lost, and any distinctive identifying marks or features should all be included when reporting a missing item.
- Include a picture of the item, if at all feasible. Your chances of finding your lost item increase with the amount of information you can supply.
- The airport’s lost property staff will get in touch with you to make arrangements for the return of your item if it is discovered.
- They can ask you to present identification or a receipt as evidence of ownership. Please be aware that there can be a charge for returning your goods.
- It’s critical to file a missing item report as soon as possible to help
The passengers are instructed to get in touch with the airline if the things are left aboard the aircraft.
Facilities and services at Austin Bergstrom International Airport (AUS)
Austin Bergstrom Airport (AUS) provides travellers with a variety of amenities and services. A few of these amenities and services are as follows:
- Mobility Assistance Zone – For passengers who require additional mobility assistance or who use mobility assistive devices like wheelchairs, scooters, or crutches, a special Mobility Assistance Zone has been established. It offers priority access to taxis, rideshares, and wheelchair accessible vehicles (WAVs) to cut down on travel time and offer a convenient pick-up place for people with restricted mobility. It is open every day from 7 a.m. to 2 am for no charge.
- SkySquad – AUS provides a service similar to SkySquad, which pairs travellers with a certified, background-checked airport assistant to act as an extra set of hands from the curbside to their gate (helping with tickets, bag checks, and carrying luggage onto the security belt, among other tasks). When passengers use the restroom, it keeps an eye on their luggage and other things. Travellers must make reservations 24 hours in advance. and passengers are advised to visit the SkySquad website for more information.
- Information Services– In the arrival areas, volunteers are constantly present. They assist and give information on things that customers need, like ground transportation.
- Security check – Passengers at the Barbara Jordan Terminal can also use security services. Each gate is reached by one of their four security checkpoints. The first checkpoints open at 3 a.m. And at checkpoints 1 and 2, separate lanes for TSA Precheck and Clear are available.
- Baby Facilities – A Mamava Lactation Suite is located across from the Second Bar + Kitchen at the main departure area, and a mother’s lounge is next to gate 11 in the East Concourse. AUS has two separate rooms or pods at Barbara Jordan Terminal for nursing or pumping.
- Children’s Play Areas – A place for families to see planes before or after a trip. Picnic tables are available at the viewing spot, which is at 10335 Golf Course Rd. in Austin, Texas, 78719
And at Austin Airport, there is a free download book called Austie the Flying Pupis that offers coloring and activity books, which help teach kids new methods to study. Children are also given advice on health and cleanliness, as well as the do’s and don’ts of flying, to keep them interested during the journey for young and novice travellers.
- Smoking Area – Only outside the terminals, at least 25 feet from the entrance, is smoking permitted.
- Money – At Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, Gate 12, 13, 15, and 23 allow emergency removal of funds. Moreover, ATMs can be found in the departure concourse and the ticketing area.
- Traveling with Pets – There is a pet relief facility beside gate 9 of the AUS at the South Terminal’s Barbara Jordan Terminal.
- Business Services – The airport offers a variety of business services, including conference rooms, workstations with power outlets, and free Wi-Fi.
Travel to and From Austin Bergstrom International Airport
Austin Bergstrom International Airport has different transport options available. The following list briefly mentions a few of them.
- Bus – AUS (Barbara Jordan Terminal) and downtown Austin are connected by a number of bus routes that travel along Riverside Drive. A single journey is available on buses every 15 minutes throughout the day. These are the two principal metro routes:
- It takes approximately 35 minutes to go the entire distance on Capital Metro Route 20 from Manor Road to its endpoint near U.S. 183.
- Capital Metro Line 100 Using this route, buses run every 30 minutes, according to Airport Flyer. Via the intersection of Riverside and Town Creek Drive, the University of Texas, and downtown, it connects the airport’s main terminal with the city.
- Taxi and care – You can hire a private car or a taxi to get you to and from Austin International Airport. Your starting point and the volume of traffic will affect the length of time and cost of the trip.
- Shuttles – With a shared ride tree, shuttles can be offered to destinations beyond the Greater Austin Metroplex. Call 512-258-3826 to make reservations for shared and private shuttles with Carter Transportation.
Directions by Car to Austin Bergstrom International Airport
Below mentioned is the direction for the passengers coming from Downtown Austin, and from San Antonio. Please be aware that the precise directions may change depending on where in Austin you begin.
- From downtown Austin – Follow these directions –
- From the right lane, take exit 230 for TX-71 towards US-290
- Follow the signs for Austin Airport.
- At the fork, bear left and continue to follow the TX-71 E/Bastrop signage as you merge into TX-71 E.
- Exit onto Spirit of Texas Drive for access to the airport.
- From San Antonio – Follow these directions –
- The right two lanes on I-35 North, take exit 231 for TX-71/US-290 towards Johnson City.
- For entrance to the airport, merge onto TX-71 E and exit onto Spirit of Texas Road.
As an alternative, you can acquire more precise directions depending on your precise starting point by using a GPS navigation system or internet maps. Before you go, it’s a good idea to check the traffic situation to make sure you’ll arrive at the airport in enough time.
Austin Bergstrom International Airport Parking
Here are some of the options for Austin Bergstrom Airports AUS:
- At the South Terminal – The SpotHero close-in lot is to the east of the terminal, the premium lot is in front of the terminal, and the economy terminal is farther to the east. Separate parking areas are available at the South Terminal for use only by people leaving the South Terminal.
- Reddy and Red Garage Parking – Both short-term and long-term parking is offered in the red parking structure in front of the Barbara Jordan Terminal. The red parking garage is closer to the terminal than the blue parking garage, however both can be reached on foot.
- Economy Parking Lot – Free shuttles that take travellers to and from the economy parking lot leave the terminal’s exterior every 15 to 20 minutes. The red and blue parking structures are behind the economy parking lot, which is shown on the above map in green.
- Pick-up and Drop-off Parking – Cell phone waiting lot parking is available for free at 2901 Spirit of Texas Dr. while waiting for passengers to arrive. Both stations allow curbside passenger pickup and drop-off.
It’s always a good idea to reserve your parking ahead of time to lock in the lowest rates and guarantee space. Using a third-party parking service or the Austin Airport website, you can reserve parking online.
Austin Bergstrom international airport Car rental
There are several car rental companies that operate at Austin Airport International Airport. To get to the facilities, passengers arriving at the South Terminal must take the terminal shuttle bus. Because the automobile rental office is across from Barbara Jordan Terminal. Some of the most popular options includes.:
- Avis – They have a selection of vehicles, including SUVs, luxury, and economy models.
- Hertz – They have a large selection of cars, including vans and luxury cars.
- Enterprise – They provide a variety of automobiles, such as compact, luxury, and economic models.
- Fox rent a car at Austin – They provide a variety of Cars, SUV and Van for rent at reasonable prices
These will be delivered to the airport’s rental car facility, where customers can pick up and return any rental vehicles for Austin-Bergstrom International Airport.
Hotels near Austin Bergstrom International Airport
There are several hotels near Austin-Bergstrom International Airport. Some of the closest options include:
- Hilton Austin Airport – This hotel is located directly at the airport and offers a complimentary shuttle service to and from the terminals.
- Holiday Inn Austin Airport – This hotel is located less than a mile from the airport and also offers a complimentary shuttle service.
- Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport – This hotel is located about two miles from the airport and also offers a shuttle service.
- Hyatt Place Austin Airport – This hotel is located about three miles from the airport and offers a complimentary shuttle service.
- Staybridge Suites Austin Airport – This hotel is located about three miles from the airport and also offers a shuttle service.
All of these hotels offer convenient access to Austin-Bergstrom International Airport and are popular choices among travellers who need to catch an early morning flight or have a layover in Austin.
In conclusion, Austin Bergstrom International Airport has established itself as a major transportation hub in Central Texas, serving millions of passengers each year. With its convenient location, modern facilities, and excellent customer service, the airport has become a popular choice for travellers seeking a hassle-free travel experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
Aeromexico, Air Canada, Alaska, and American Airlines, are a few of the terminals that use the Barbara Jordan terminal.
The South Terminal can only be accessed from the southern perimeter of the airport. And the Barbara Jordan Terminal can be accessed off of TX-71.
No, The Barbara Jordan Terminal does not have access to the South Terminal.
Austin Bergstrom has two Terminals: the Barbara Jordan terminal and The south terminal
Passengers can contact the Lost Property Department at the airport. Often, the airport’s website contains the contact details for the lost property office.
The airport code for Austin Bergstrom International Airport is AUS.
It only takes less than 15 minutes to drive the 7.5 miles.
The Centurion® Lounge, International American, Express Lounges, Delta Sky Club, Escape Lounge US, Priority Pass™ Select, Airspace, and Plaza Premium Airport Lounges are some of the lounges available at the Austin Airport.
With 17 carriers, it can transport regularly scheduled passengers to 94 destinations.
Yes, there are about 300 daily nonstop flights to more than 90 different local and foreign locations.
As you enter the Austin Airport area, having Austin Airport code, you can drive to the bottom baggage level of the airport to pick your friend, family member, or someone else. You can also go to the higher level to pick up the passenger. Only operational loading and unloading are permitted on the airport curbside. Unattended cars and parking are not allowed at the Austin Airport. So, you can quickly pick up the person without waiting for a long duration.
Captain John August Earl Bergstrom, a commander with the 19th Bombardment Group, honoured the airport’s name, Bergstrom. This airport is known by its Austin Bergstrom Airport code and also has a US Air Force facility. The Austin Bergstrom Airport took over as Austin’s primary airport from Robert Mueller Municipal Airport. This holds the real significance behind the name “Bergstrom” for Austin Bergstrom International Airport.
Austin Bergstrom Airport (with Austin Bergstrom Airport ZIP code) has 2 terminals. They are not associated with each other. One of them is the Barbara Jordan Terminal. That terminal is the primary terminal of Austin Bergstrom Airport and the South Terminal is the second one which is utilized by Allegiant Air and Frontier Airlines.
The Austin Bergstrom, with the AUS Airport code, has the most premium parking options:
Valet: The handiest; however, Valet usually is the most costly one, with a family-friendly choice of $19 and a management option of$ 29. The car valet is located right across the terminal at the 3rd level in Garage No.1.
Parking Garage: You may also park for $3 per hour or $20 for a whole day in your self-parking garage which is next door to the terminal.
Economy Parking: You might choose an economy lot that costs $8 per day. It includes a free shuttle service from the Austin Bergstrom Airport to the terminal if you stay for extra hours at the location.
The Barbara Jordan Terminal of the airport (with the ABIA Airport code) has three security checks, and the South Terminal has one. The checkpoints are open every day from 3:30 a.m. until the last departure (except for the west checkpoint, which opens at 4 a.m.). Travellers travelling from Barbara Jordan Terminal can use any of the three security checkpoints to get to their gate.
There are three airline lounges at AUS Airport all of which are located in the departure concourses. Day passes are available for $59 and $50, respectively, at two of the lounges. Admirals Club, United Club, and Delta-Sky Club are the three airline lounges at Austin Bergstrom International Airport (Austin Texas Airport Zip Code).
TSA PreCheck lanes are available at Austin Bergstrom Airport’s Barbara Jordan Terminal checkpoints 1 and 2 and in the South Terminal checkpoint. The TSA website has the most up-to-date information about opening hours. The TSA Enrollment Center of the airport (Austin Bergstrom International Airport code) is also located on the baggage carousel level of the Barbara Jordan Terminal, among both carousels 3 and 4. You can seek any information related to TSA PreCheck at the TSA Enrollment Center. The guide over the desk will help you solve your queries at the earliest.
Austin Airport (Austin Airport code) provides two private rooms or pods at Barbara Jordan Terminal for breastfeeding or pumping. A mother’s lounge can be found at gate 10 there in East Concourse. Also, a Mamava Lactation Room is located across the Second Bar + Kitchen street in the airport’s central departure area. Hence, passengers can enjoy the baby care facilities and nurse their children at the airport’s lactation room.
Passengers flying before 8 a.m. have to arrive at least three hours at Austin Airport, having the AUS Airport code. The airport also recommends that travellers on flights should not arrive too early in the morning. They should also not arrive over two hours before the flight. It is advised to avoid extra congestion in the crowded morning queues.
Austin Airport, having the Austin Airport ZIP code, has 2 terminals. They are not connected to each other. The first terminal is Barbara Jordan Terminal. It is the main terminal of Austin Airport. The second terminal is South Terminal. South Terminal is used by two airlines which include Frontier Airlines and Allegiant Airlines.
The initial TSA checkpoint begins at 3:30 a.m. every day at Austin Airport, having the Austin Airport ZIP code. So, this can be the time around which Austin Airport opens. However, departing travellers are recommended to arrive at least two hours before their departure during busy travel periods. Passengers are advised to be at the terminal prior to 90 minutes for various other reasons. Even then, you will find this airport open.
Yes, wearing masks is mandatory at Austin Airport (Austin Airport code). According to the Federal Government’s regulation, you must cover your face by wearing a mask while visiting Austin-Bergstrom International Airport. If you refuse to cooperate at the airport, then you might face federal consequences such as deportation and denial of re-entry.
Jaspreet kaur says:
I’m satisfy from your services . Thank you very much for every help 😇
First things, first! As a child, I was very keen to know about the aviation industry. I had an urge to know about the flights and airports and kept researching them. As a travel enthusiast, I searched about Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, and I found your page on the web.
My aunt and I were supposed to fly to Austin a year back when this pandemic hit. A few months back, when I thought of visiting again, I was worried about the AUS Airport conditions! But I am glad I found your webpage on the internet.
This website is so helpful that I cannot describe it in words. It had so many things to discover about the AUS Airport; so thankful to you guys for posting this content on the website. I will surely use this website for my upcoming travel plans.
You would be surprised to know but many people need information about airports on a daily basis. For those people, this website is a good-to-go option! This website has it all! I advise you to go through this website once and see what all information is provided on all the airports.
AUS Airport has all the amenities and facilities which every airport should have! I got to know about AUS Airport from your website, and I should really take the time and appreciate your team’s efforts! Thanks for posting such great stuff about every airport on the web.