Sometimes, it can be possible that a tourist books a flight with the wrong date. In that scenario, a ticket reversal becomes critical. Copa Airlines has provided a detailed cancellation policy in place to keep this procedure as simple as possible. You can reverse a flight according to the Copa Airlines cancellation policy. Thus, having a clear knowledge of this policy or feature can assist you in quickly completing a cancellation procedure.
What is the cancellation policy for Copa Airlines?
When a passenger cannot travel on a planned date, his/her booking can be canceled. You can use the reversal feature in case you are unsure about the schedule. Revocation can be done in accordance with the conditions of the Copa Airlines cancelation policy.
The following are some other conditions that should be known before making a cancellation:
- To obtain a return, a visitor should have to use the same method that was utilized at the time of revocation.
- Once the first twenty-four hours of purchasing have passed, you will have to bear reversal charges.
- Basic Economy tickets are not eligible for Copa Air cancellations.
- In case you are canceling a plane ticket owing to health concerns, you will have to present an authorized letter from a licensed medical professional.
- When tourists have booked flights via a travel agency, they can contact them for reversals.
- When you have purchased tickets from one of the Copa Island sales offices, you can connect with the same directly for requests like flight cancellations.
- Assuming that a flyer has only utilized a part of her/his plane ticket, she/he can convert the remaining amount to Copa credits. Furthermore, they can be used for future trips.
- In case the Copa credit feature does not meet your needs, you can seek money back for the portion of your plane ticket that has not been used.
What are the ways to Cancel a Copa Airlines ticket?
The air carrier enables a variety of ways to cancel a flight in order to satisfy multiple kinds of tourists. Both offline and online ways are available for Copa Air cancellations. When you are choosing the former way, you will have the option of calling the airline. The second way lets you use the website of Copa to cancel your ticket.
Method 1: Canceling a Copa Plane Ticket Online
A passenger can have the feature of selecting the most dependable way of canceling a flight. This can be an internet or online way of reversing that may be performed at any time and from any location. While using this method to cancel, you will require 2 essential things. These include your reservation number and your surname.
The process for Copa Airlines flight cancellations online is as follows:
- Open the Official website of Copa Airlines.
- See the “My Trip” section and Click on it.
- Enter details like “Reservation Code or E-Ticket Number” and “Last Name“.
- After Filling information, press the “Find Your Reservation” button.
- Now that you have your booking list, Select that you want to cancel.
- To cancel your ticket, click on the “Cancel” tab.
- Pay the Cancellation fee if necessary.
- Furthermore, wait for the confirmation message that will come from the provider.
Method 2: Copa Flight Cancellation by Calling the Airline
Flyers can immediately contact the operator’s agent and request assistance regarding Copa Air cancellations. Though this is an offline method, you can obtain the number as per your location. To do so, you can check the website of Copa Air.
If you have any concerns, please contact Copa Airlines at these contact numbers.
|Argentina||0800 800 2672||Monday to Sunday from 7:00 hrs – 01:00 hrs|
|Aruba||1 800 FLY CUP (359 2672)||Monday to Sunday from 6:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.|
|Bahamas||1 800 389 0772||Monday to Sunday from 7:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.|
|Barbados||1 800 744 2359||Monday to Sunday from 6:00 hrs – 24:00 hrs|
|Belize||1 800 FLY CUP (359 2672)||Monday to Sunday from 4:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.|
|Brazil – Sao Paulo||55 11 4933 2399||Monday to Sunday from 6:00 hrs – 24:00 hrs|
|Brazil – All cities||(SAC) 0800 886 2672||Mondays to Sundays|
|Canada||1 647 493 5022||Monday to Sunday from 5:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.|
|Chili||(562) 2573 9318|
(562) 2840 2641
|Monday to Sunday from 6:00 hrs – 24:00 hrs|
|Colombia||57 601 3209090||Monday to Sunday from 5:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.|
|Costa Rica||(506) 4000 0478||Monday to Sunday from 4:00 hrs – 22:00 hrs|
|Curacao||1 800 744 3672||Monday to Sunday from 6:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.|
|Ecuador||(593) 2342 2672||Monday to Sunday from 5:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.|
|The Savior||(503) 2113 0369||Monday to Sunday from 4:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.|
|USA||1 786 840 CUP (2672)||Monday to Sunday from 5:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. (EST)|
|Guatemala||(502) 2376-1953||Monday to Sunday from 4:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.|
|Haiti – Port-au-Prince||868 669 5189||Monday to Sunday from 6:00 hrs – 24:00 hrs|
|Haiti – All cities||1 800 271 CUP (2672)||Monday to Sunday from 6:00 hrs – 24:00 hrs|
|Honduras||(504) 2240 CUP (2672)||Monday to Sunday from 4:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.|
|Jamaica||1 800 234 CUP (2672)||Monday to Sunday from 6:00 hrs – 24:00 hrs|
|Mexico||(5255) 1516 3319||Monday to Sunday from 5:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.|
|Nicaragua||(505) 7513-7685||Monday to Sunday from 5:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.|
|Panama||217 CUP (2672)||Monday to Sunday from 5:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.|
|Paraguay||002 507 2172672||Monday to Sunday from 6:00 hrs – 24:00 hrs|
|Peru||(511) 700 9098||Monday to Sunday from 5:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.|
|Puerto Rico||1 787 296 9824||Monday to Sunday from 6:00 hrs – 24:00 hrs|
|Dominican Republic||(1829) 946 0136||Monday to Sunday from 6:00 hrs – 24:00 hrs|
|St. Maarten||(1 877) 389 3606||Monday to Sunday from 5:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.|
|Uruguay||(598) 2626 1000|
(002) 507 2172672
|Monday to Sunday from 7:00 hrs – 01:00 hrs|
|Venezuela||(58) 212 720 1450||Monday to Sunday from 6:00 hrs – 24:00 hrs|
Does Copa Airlines have 24 hour Cancellation Policy?
Yes, Copa Airlines has 24 hours cancellation policy. Passenger can cancel their ticket within a 24-hour period, calculated from the time of ticket issue without paying any fee.
Passengers who change their minds within 24 hours of booking can cancel their flights without incurring any cancellation fees, as per the Copa Airlines 24 hour cancellation policy.
What is the Copa Airlines Coronavirus cancellation policy?
Without a doubt, the coronavirus pandemic has created a lot of uncertainty. For that, the plane tickets are expected to cancel as the virus spreads fast. In such instances, the Copa cancellation policy of COVID-19 allows its passengers to revoke flights easily. Even when passengers are having medical issues that are similar to those caused by the virus, the provider can help. In light of this policy, you may not be charged any fee for revoking a ticket. To grasp better knowledge regarding this policy, you can visit the main site or connect with the carrier.
Reasons to Cancel Copa Airlines Ticket
Plane ticket cancellations can be frequent these days. At times, passengers can make the error while reserving flights. Considering this, A passenger may want a higher class flight but she or he may have booked a lower class ticket. In such an instance, you can make a revocation and rebook the correct one.
For more such reasons, please read the following:
- Due to constraints in the luggage policy, sometimes, situations may arise where Copa Airlines baggage fees may be charged high. To escape it, you may cancel your ticket.
- It is possible that a traveler may not be able to travel when she/he gets sick.
- The death of any member of the family may prevent a customer from flying.
- A variety of factors may trigger devastation to a property or business, leading to flight reversal.
How Much is the Copa Airlines Cancellation Fee?
The cost of canceling a plane ticket on Copa Airlines varies depending on a number of factors. It can include factors such as distance, location, ticket type, and so on. Usually, this air operator may try to charge low prices to maximize a flyer’s ease.
Please read the following information regarding Copa Airlines cancellation fees:
|Type of Cancellation||Cancellation Fee|
|Within 24 hours of booking and more than 7 days before departure||No fee|
|Within 24 hours of booking and 7 days or less before departure||$100 to $400|
|More than 24 hours after booking||Varies depending on fare type and time of cancellation|
Copa Airlines Refund Policy
In case a reservation is canceled by the operator, Copa Airlines will offer a refund. Based on a tourist’s ticket, the refund amount may fluctuate. Following this policy, tickets that have been utilized to their full extent are not refundable.
Take a look at some of the additional refund policy conditions given below:
- Based on the restrictions of the purchased ticket, partly utilized tickets may or may not be returned.
- Money-back can be made in a similar transaction method and currency as the original purchase.
- Only during the plane ticket’s term may a return be claimed, under the Copa Airlines cancellation refund policy.
- When you have booked a flight via an agency, kindly contact it to claim a return.
- Assuming that you have purchased a plane ticket via the main site of Copa, airport, reservation center, sales office, or the official mobile app, you can fill out the money-back request form.
- In case the cancellation has been made in twenty-four hours, you are eligible for an entire return.
- A traveler may get a refund in seven to ten business days.
- The amount of money you get back is determined by the tariff type you have selected while purchasing a plane ticket and the length of your travel.
How to claim a refund from Copa Airlines?
Visitors can receive their returns by going to the main website of Copa Airlines. This can be the simplest method to get a Copa Airlines cancellation refund. To utilize this method, complete the applicable boxes on the money-back request form with the necessary information. Then you will have to wait for the operator to respond.
- To commence the procedure, go to the link attached below:
- By visiting, scroll down the homepage, and you can see the “Customer Service” option. Hit on it.
- A drop-down menu will open. Select the “Request a Refund” tab.
- Again scroll down and press the “Apply for a Refund” feature. Then you can get the “Directly Through Copa Airlines” button. Touch it.
- There, according to the Copa Airlines cancellation policy, you will have to add your “Reservation Number” or “E-Ticket”.
- Hit on the “Continue” tab.
- More information will be asked such as “Passenger Selection”, “Request Details”, “Verification”, and lastly “Confirmation”. Fill it.
- Enter all the necessary data in the given steps and complete the refund procedure with ease. In a few days, your refund will be credited to your account.
Copa Airlines Flight Delay Compensation
When a customer arrives at the airport and learns that his/her flight has been postponed or canceled, it may be frustrating. In such circumstances, Copa Airlines makes every effort to ensure that a customer does not face inconvenience in any way. For that, the carrier gives compensation to every customer for a revoked flight. Owing to the Copa cancelation policy, in case the air operator cancels a flight, you are eligible to claim up to €600 as compensation.
Below given are some of the several types of reimbursement available to travelers when facing delays or cancellations:
- When Copa Airlines itself claims for your reimbursement, it will deduct a 30% amount from the cash you get.
- Assuming that a plane is delayed for half an hour but less than 4 hours, Copa Airlines flight delay compensation will be given refreshments as well as snacks.
- In some situations, you will be facilitated with phone calls for free.
- Provided that a flight is delayed for four hours or more or is reversed, a passenger will be given coupons as compensation. As per the Copa Air cancellation policy, you will receive a 25% reduction on the next flight you reserve.
- According to the rules of Copa Airlines, regardless of which class you have reserved, you will receive a complete reimbursement.
- In some circumstances, your plane ticket will be transferred to the next accessible flight schedule.
The Copa Airlines cancellation policy is flexible and satisfies the requirements of a wide number of visitors. It is simple to follow and understand how to cancel a flight on Copa Airlines. This policy additionally tries to levy a small fee as much as possible. Also, it offers a variety of alternatives for reversing a ticket with ease.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What to do if Copa Air cancellation refund not received?
A traveler can get a return by canceling a flight. It may take a few days for the Copa Airlines cancellation refund to be processed. When a refund is not provided within the said period, you can get in touch with the carrier right away. Or else, you can seek such answers at the airport as well.
Is there a Copa Airlines cancel flight compensation?
Yes, Carriers like Copa have reimbursed passengers for their canceled reservations. Copa Airlines Delay Compensation depends on the schedule of a flight, location, as well as the distance covered. It can vary a lot based on these variables.
What is Copa Air cancellation policy for COVID-19?
The cancellation policy for COVID-19 is a crucial factor in defining the conditions of revocation in the coronavirus pandemic. All ticket reversals should adhere to these conditions. By doing so, you may not be levied any penalties against cancellation.
Why Copa Airlines cancelled my flight?
The provider has the authority to cancel a tourist’s booking for many reasons. It can be caused by inclement weather, overbooked flights, COVID-19 regulations, etc. The airline, at times, reverses a booking primarily for security concerns.
Is there is Copa Airlines 24 hour cancellation feature?
Yes, Copa Airlines has adopted a twenty-four hours feature to permit speedy cancellations. The Copa Airlines 24 hour cancellation policy or feature can be considered a reversal that can be completed in a reasonable amount of time. This time window could be as short as twenty-four hours. A passenger can reverse a ticket without paying anything and obtain a complete return from the airline during this time.
Can I get a Copa Airlines cancellation refund?
By following the terms and conditions of the cancellation policy, a tourist should be eligible for a refund. The policy is mostly available for those who have refundable tickets. However, in some cases, non-refundable tickets are also qualified. To learn the exact, you can connect with the carrier.
How does the Copa Airlines cancelation policy work?
The Copa Airlines cancellation policy works on a set of terms and conditions that visitors should agree to. This policy or feature enables travelers to revoke their plane tickets for free twenty-four hours after purchase. Alternatively, you can reverse a flight after this period, but a fee is applicable. Over the reversal process, this policy works flexibly.
What is Copa Airlines flight cancellations phone number?
For the flyer’s ease, the provider includes a customer service number. A flyer can contact Copa airlines for issues such as flight revocation. Over the phone, the officials will guide you regarding the process or make it on your behalf. On-call, you will have to wait for the officials to answer.
How much is Copa Airlines cancellation fee?
The cancellation fees can be dependent on the destination, kind of ticket, and other factors. For reversing a plane ticket after 24 hours of booking, a flyer can be levied a Copa Airlines cancellation fee of USD 100 to USD 500. Eventually, when you are revoking a flight within twenty-four hours of planned departure, USD 100 to USD 400 can be charged. Thus, before canceling a flight, it is important to know the revocation fee structure of Copa Airlines.
Is Copa Airlines cancelling flights?
A visitor’s plane tickets can be canceled by Copa Airlines. It is mostly dependent on some circumstances. So, one should verify the status prior to departure to find out the full details of the reservation. You can additionally call the carrier to know further.
Who can use the Copa Airlines cancellation policy 24 hours?
The Copa flight cancellation policy of 24 hours can be utilized by every flyer. Taking this into view, a flyer can cancel a flight in twenty-four hours or on the same day of booking. Furthermore, it ensures that you will receive money back on revocation.
Has Copa Airlines cancelled flights today?
Cancellation may happen from the Copa Airlines side. It can be due to technical failures, terror attacks at airports, etc. It is recommended to phone the operator in these situations to see if a reservation has been scheduled or not.
How to cancel Copa Airlines flight?
Flyers can cancel a Copa Airlines flight online. For that, you will have to navigate to the main site. There, you can go to the “My Trips” feature. Enter the details as asked in the given blanks. Then pick up your booking and tap on the “Cancel” button. For confirmation of the Copa Airlines flight cancellations, the carrier will send you a message through your email ID.
What is Copa 24 hour cancellation policy?
The 24-hour policy allows visitors to cancel their flights within one day of making a booking. You can additionally avoid the reversal charges by canceling a flight within this period. Also, you can receive an entire refund on it. This policy is ideal for speedy revocation, particularly in case you bought non-refundable tickets.
How to make Copa Airlines flight cancellation offline?
Copa Airlines has a number of methods for canceling a ticket. Telephoning the customer service center is among the simplest methods. Over the phone, you can request a flight reversal. Give your reservation information on the call. Once an agent finds your booking, he or she will commence the process. Later, according to the Copa Air cancellation policy, you will have to pay some charges when required.