Qatar Airways check in offers various options like online/ web check in, mobile app check in, and check-in through the phone. You can use any of the available methods as per your convenience.
In this page, we have covered all the methods that passengers can use to complete the Qatar Airways check-in, the times associated with the check-in, boarding zones, and more.
- How to check in with Qatar Airways?
- Qatar Airways Web Check In Policy
- Qatar Airways Mobile App Check In
- Qatar Airways Phone Check In
- Live chat Check-in
- Post Queries through Social media Platforms
- What is the Time Required to Complete Qatar Airways Check In?
- What are the boarding zones for Qatar Airways Check In?
- Qatar Airways Check in When Traveling With Checked Luggage
How to check in with Qatar Airways?
Qatar Airways offers simple methods for check in for passengers. You can opt for web check-in, mobile application, and airport check in to fulfill the requirements. The check-in process is hassle-free and saves up plenty of time, helping skip the long queues at the airport.
Qatar Airways Web Check In Policy
Following are the guidelines to conduct online check in Qatar Airways:
- Click on the Official website of Qatar Airways.
- Click on the “Check in” tab on the homepage.
- Insert the 6-digit booking reference ID or the thirteen-digit E-ticket ID and the user’s last name.
- Click on Check-in. You will be directed to a seat selection page.
- Select the desired seats, meal options, etc.
- Click on the button “Confirm”.
- You will receive the boarding pass on your registered phone number/ email or print the pass.
- Make sure to check the details of the airports that permit mobile boarding passes.
Qatar Airways Mobile App Check In
Passengers can check in via Qatar Airways online check in through a mobile application. Download the mobile app from the Google store or app store. Following are the steps that the passengers can take to ensure a quick check in.
- Open the Qatar Airways app and click on the Qatar Manage Booking tab.
- Enter the 13-digit E-ticket number or the 6-digit booking reference number and the last name of the passenger.
- Choose the flight segments.
- Select your desired seats on the flight.
- Make sure the meal preferences and the meal choices are.
- You can also add special requests or dietary restrictions.
- Confirm the selection.
- You will receive the boarding pass on your registered email.
Qatar Airways Phone Check In
You can also contact the airline’s representative to check in within the check-in window. Qatar Airways executives are available to assist and guide passengers with all their concerns.
- Contact the airline’s office of your location through the numbers mentioned on the website.
- The call executive will direct you on how to check in.
- Share the details like booking ID, Reference number, last name, and PNR details.
- Make sure to keep any necessary documents handy if required.
- Once the check-in is confirmed, share the meal choices and the seating plan as required.
- The executive will share the generated boarding pass on the registered email.
- Print the information or carry the digital boarding pass as needed.
Live chat Check-in
Qatar Airways check-in requirements ease the process via Live chat. It is a chat option offering all the check-in related services –
- The service is available 24/ 7.
- The chat bot does not permit uploading documents.
Make sure to keep the following information available before initiating a chat with the associate on the website:
- PNR and Ticket number
- Traveler information
- Documentation like passport and VISA
Post Queries through Social media Platforms
Qatar Airways is well-connected with its passengers on social media. Passengers can contact via social platforms for queries and concerns related to flight booking and check-in. The airline’s representatives are available to address any queries from the following platforms.
|Social Media Platform||Links|
What is the Time Required to Complete Qatar Airways Check In?
Qatar Airways allows multiple check in methods. Make sure to check-in with or without checked baggage as per the timeline allotted under each method.
Web/Online Check in
Online check in Qatar Airways eliminates waiting in long queues. Qatar Airways check-in policy allows passengers to complete requests online between 36 hours and 90 minutes before the flight departure.
- It is advisable to check in at least 3 hours before departure.
Mobile App Check-in
For the mobile app, you must meet the following Qatar Airways check-in time deadline –
- Between 24 hours to 3 hours before departure to/from the United States.
- Between 48 hours to 3 hours before departure for other locations.
Airport Counter Check-in
Make sure to reach the airport 3 hours before departure. The opening and closing timings may differ among the airports. Check the E-ticket receipt to know your airport timings.
- The typical check in hours open between 3 hours and 1 hour before flight departure.
- Contact the Departure airport or local Qatar office.
- Boarding gates close 20 minutes before final departure.
Qatar Airways arrival time at the airport:
|Domestic Flights||60 minutes before departure|
|International Flights||90 minutes before departure|
Qatar Airways arrival time at the airport with Qatar Airways check in baggage weight requirements:
|Domestic Flights||30 minutes before departure|
|International Flights||60 minutes before departure|
Dedicated Kiosk Check-in
Qatar Airways offers convenient facilities to its passengers. Qatar representatives are dedicated to helping passengers to book a flight, select seats, etc.
- The check-in facility via a dedicated kiosk is available 24 hours (for the US) and 48 hours (For other locations) before the scheduled departure.
What are the boarding zones for Qatar Airways Check In?
Once the Qatar Airways booking check in process is completed, the passengers must head to the Qatar airways boarding stations with the required documents: Boarding pass, passport, VISA, Exit permit, and additional documents (If required).
The boarding zones are divided into Gate 1,2,3, and 4 based on the type of fare ticket and service class chosen by the passengers. Here are the boarding zones for the passengers:
|Gate 1||For Business class or First Class passengers|
|Gate 2||Economy class passengers|
|Gate 3||For One-world members and Privilege club.|
|Gate 4||Passengers flying with other airlines with Qatar Airport as their connecting flight.|
Qatar Airways Check in When Traveling With Checked Luggage
The Qatar Airways baggage policy determines the weight and the number of baggage that passengers can carry for their journey with Airways.
The overall allowance is calculated considering the cabin class and journey passage. Here are the key guidelines that passengers need to meet before traveling:
- Do not carry round, irregularly shaped, loose luggage wrapped in blankets/ loose ropes/ strings, or bags with loose straps.
- Qatar Airways check in baggage size must be within 158 cm.
- A single piece of luggage must not exceed 70 lb (32 kg).
- The baggage is applicable for charges if the weight is exceeded.
Qatar Airways has multiple check-in options available to the customers. The passenger can choose which method works best for them. The procedure to be followed and respective times are already mentioned above.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are not able to check in online, it can be a functional error or issue with the booking. Reach out to the airport to check-in in such a case.
Qatar Airways allows passengers to check in 2 bags with a maximum weight of 23 kg for economy class and 32 kg for business class.
Qatar Airways allows online check in 24 hours from/to the USA before scheduled departure. For other locations, check in time is 48 hours before departure.
You can cancel a checked in flight anytime before the flight through “Manage my trips” or “My trips”.
Qatar Airways check in timings open 3 hours before the flight departure time. It closes 1 hour before the flight departure.
No, it is not mandatory. The passengers can also print the boarding passes via mobile app, airport, kiosk, and with the airline’s representative over the phone.
Visit the official website, and enter the booking details. Complete the on-screen instructions to receive the boarding pass.
If you forget to check in online, you are still allowed to travel by Qatar Airways. Check in at the airport or the kiosk.
It is advisable to print the boarding pass in case of an online Qatar Airways check in for airports without mobile-enabled boarding pass facilities.
Online check is better as it saves up time, minimizes queue time, and allows passengers to select seats in their comfort.