The baggage policy of Air China has been set to make the travel experiences hassle-free for flyers. Air China is known to be the national air carrier for the People’s Republic of China. There are some specific rules set for passengers’ luggage in this airline’s policy.
Air China Airlines Baggage Allowance for Checked Luggage
Concerning Air China baggage fees policy, the guidelines for checked bags are as mentioned below:
- The quantity of complimentary checked baggage on all Air China aircraft is determined by the weight and size of the luggage as well as the fare cabin class.
- The length, breadth, and depth of the basic luggage should not exceed 158 centimeters.
- Every piece of luggage for business class passengers must weigh within 2 to 32 kilograms.
- Luggage that weighs over 32 kilograms must be sealed and checked in as two separate items.
- Air China charges extra weight if the baggage exceeds 32 kilograms.
This table shows the allowed luggage limit following the Air China check-in baggage policy:
|Cabin Class||Number of Checked Bags||Maximum Size||Maximum Weight|
|Premium Economy Class||2||62 inches||50 lbs|
|Super Economy Class||1||62 inches||50 lbs|
|Economy Class||1||62 inches||50 lbs|
|Business Class||2||62 inches||70 lbs|
|First Class||2||62 inches||70 lbs|
|Luxury First Class||2||62 inches||70 lbs|
Guidelines for Excess Baggage of Air China Airlines
Excess baggage costs are charged per kilogram on Air China’s scheduled domestic flights. The costs are determined by the distance from the point of origin to the point of destination. The extra fee is determined at a rate of 1.5 percent, according to the Air China baggage allowance for Economy travelers.
To know the charges in Air China Airlines for carrying additional bags in the U.S., go through this chart below:
|Number of Extra Checked Baggage Items||Excess Baggage Fee|
|First Bag||RMB ¥1400/USD 220|
|Second Bag||RMB ¥2000/USD 310|
|Third Bag||RMB ¥3000/USD 460|
Overweight or Oversized Air China Airlines Baggage Fees
Air China Airlines’ customers have to pay extra charges to bring large items onboard. The following are the Air China extra baggage fee costs for transporting overweight or large items. The costs have been explained as per the airline’s zones.
|Baggage Conditions||Zone 1||Zone 2||Zone 3||Zone 4||Zone 5|
|Overweight(23-28 kg)||380 RMB/60 USD||280 RMB/40 USD/35 EUR||520 RMB/75 USD/100 CAD||690 RMB/100 USD||210 RMB/30 USD|
|Overweight or Oversized(28-32 kg or 158-203 cm)||980 RMB/150 USD||690 RMB/100 USD/85 EUR||520 RMB/75 USD/100 CAD||1040 RMB/150 USD||520 RMB/75 USD|
|Overweight and Oversized(23-32 kg and 158-203 cm)||1400 RMB/220 US||1100/RMB160/USD, 14/EUR||520 RMB/75 USD /100 CAD||2050 RMB/300 USD||830 RMB/120 USD|
Air China Airlines Security Rules for Carry-on Baggage Policy
For the Air China carry-on baggage policy, specific safety requirements are established. Below-listed is items that can be permitted inside its flights:
- Infant food
- Baby basket
- Folding wheelchair
Keep in mind the following considerations while using liquid products as per the baggage policy of Air China:
- Small containers must always be brought with any liquid items such as creams, moisturizers, and sprays.
- The 100-ounce restriction must not be exceeded by these containers.
- For the security authentication process, containers must be packaged in zipped transparent bags.
Carrying Infants with Air China Airlines
According to the Air China baggage policy, the guidelines for carrying infants include:
- Booking a different ticket when flying with only one infant under the age of 2 is not required
- The infant is expected to sit on the lap.
- You may purchase a second ticket to place your infant on a seat.
- When two infants, less than 2 years old, are to be brought with you, only one of them can be carried on your lap. The other infant has to take a seat. A child fare ticket will have to be carried.
Air China Airlines Baggage Policy for Pets
Considering the baggage policy of Air China, the following regulations have to be obeyed by passengers when carrying pets:
- Pets are not allowed to fly with their guardians in the Air China Airlines cabin.
- Unless the overall weight of both the carrier and pet does not reach 99 lbs, cats and dogs may fly as controlled baggage in a cargo hold.
- Two animals less than 30 pounds can be kept by each carrier.
- Animals above 30 pounds must be carried individually.
- Animals exceeding weight constraints can alternatively be brought as cargo.
Sporting and Music Equipment Allowed in Air China Airlines
Air China baggage allowance permits its passengers to carry particular sporting and musical equipment inside cabins. The equipment can include:
- Golf equipment
- Angling equipment
- Fishing equipment
- Windsurfing equipment
- Wakeboarding equipment
- Scuba Diving equipment
- Skiboarding equipment
- Hockey/Lacrosse equipment
- Bowling equipment
- Archery equipment
- Kitesurfing equipment
- Hang-gliding equipment
- Paragliding equipment
Prohibited Items on Air China Airlines
Below-mentioned is a detailed list of items not allowed in flights as per the baggage policy of Air China:
- Lithium batteries
- Kerosene heater
- Compressed gases
- Bleaching powder
- Pepper sprays
- Radioactive materials
- Battery-powered lighters
Air China Airline reviews can be read by travelers to know the quality of services. In this post, these reviews can be found.
Frequently Asked Questions for Baggage Policy Air China
When it comes to carry-on luggage, Air China Airlines may be stringent. Concerning Air China’s baggage weight allowance, each passenger’s luggage weight allotment is limited to things that are 22 x 14 x 9 inches in size. Also, it should weigh no more than 7 kilos, lest additional costs may be applied.
As per the Air China baggage fees policy, passengers who have too much luggage will have to pay for it at the airport registration counter. They need to acquire their prepaid extra luggage allowance on the official website of Air China at least 24 hours before the scheduled flight.