Frontier Airlines is resilient in its operations and allows travelers to make name changes after they have booked a reservation. The Frontier Airlines name change policy includes changes like misspellings, legal changes in name, and typing errors allowing passengers to make the desired changes that may occur due to various circumstances.
What are the Terms and Conditions of the Frontier Airlines Name Change?
All the name changes in the reservation are subject to availability with Frontier. Here are the terms and conditions of the Frontier Name Change Policy.
- The passengers can not make full name changes. Only, misspelling corrections are permitted.
- The passengers can correct up to three characters in the first, middle, or last name of the reservation. The three characters must not be mistaken as three characters each in first, last, and middle name.
- The Airlines offer a 24-hour risk-free period for passengers to make name changes. No Frontier flight change fee would be assessed.
- The name correction for misspelled names includes the addition or removal of nicknames or short forms or inverted names.
- The passenger cannot transfer the ticket to another passenger.
- The legal considerations for the name change policy include Frontier airlines name change marriage or divorce reasons, legal name change requests, and other legal considerations.
- The bookings made with frequent mileage points are only subject to club contracts and are not applicable for name change requests.
- Frontier Airlines does not include changes like Passengers Type Codes (PTC), changing the infant name after being issued on the ticket, and the date of birth (DOB) of the passengers.
- The name change policy is applicable on restricted and non-restricted fares, passenger types, fare ticket types, cabin class, and all service classes opted by the passengers.
What Kind of name change/correction requests are permitted with Frontier Airlines?
Frontier Airlines allows customers to make certain changes or corrections to their reservations. This may include changing the spelling of a name, updating contact information, or making adjustments to the travel itinerary.
Legal Name change
Passengers traveling on Frontier Airlines may request a name change under legal considerations due to divorce or marriage. As per Frontier airlines name change policy, only changes are allowed to the last name, in terms of omission or addition. Also –
- Passengers need to submit a legal certificate that justifies the maiden name.
- Frontier Name change fee would be assessed.
- Changes are to be requested up to 24 hours before scheduled departure.
- Tickets would be reissued subject to availability.
- Fare difference may apply.
Passengers can fix the ‘typo’ up to three letters in the first name, middle name, or last name. In addition –
- A name correction fee would be levied.
- Passengers can fix the inverted names as well.
- Add or omit the title.
- Changes are not allowed within 24 hours of departure.
- Frontier airlines name correction fee would be levied.
How to Request Frontier Airlines Name Correction on the Ticket?
Passengers who wish to make changes must reach out to the Airlines before the flight departure as early as possible. Here are some of the methods that can be used by passengers to apply for name alterations as stated under the policy.
Online/ Website Portal
To change your name on the Frontier ticket, follow these steps –
- Visit the Frontier airlines portal.
- Click on the “Manage Booking” section.
- Enter the six-character booking reference and the last name of the passenger.
- Click on the “Change name” option.
- Make the desired changes up to three characters in the first, middle or last name of the passenger as prescribed in the policy.
- Enter the correct name entry in the required field.
- Submit a digital copy of approved identity proof like a Driver’s license and passport.
- Once the changes are entered and approved. Click proceed.
- You will be directed to the checkout page, and pay the name change fee and the applicable fare differences.
- You will receive the new booking details on the registered email address with the correct name and the old booking is canceled.
Change Name on Frontier Airlines Account/ Ticket at the Airport
Airport Agents allow passengers to make the desired change name on Airline ticket Frontier request. Do the following –
- Reach out to the airport agent and share your name change request with them.
- Provide the booking confirmation with six alpha-numeric codes and share the new name or point out the mistakes in the previous one.
- The agents will check whether the request is eligible and offer a solution accordingly.
- The passengers can request a name change or correction at the Airport up to three hours before the scheduled flight departure.
- Submit the documents like a passport or driver’s license to confirm the request.
- Pay the Frontier Airlines name change fee and the differences, if applicable.
- Complete the request. The passengers will receive new booking details on the registered email address and phone number of the passenger.
Request name change Over the phone
You can connect with the airline’s representative, and do the following –
- Provide them with the six-character booking reference number and the last name to allow them access to your booking.
- The agent will inform you whether you are eligible for a name change request under the policy or if you need to rebook the flight.
- Inform the required changes and validate the request by providing legal government-issued identity proofs like your driver’s license or your passport.
- Pay the Frontier Airlines name change charges and any fare difference applicable on the flight.
- The call associate will process the request and send the new booking details with the completed name change on Frontier flight request to the registered email.
Live Chat Options
Live Chat is a newly added feature by Frontier Airlines to allow passengers to fulfill their name change requests. The chatbot is assigned to the passenger. It is a well-developed assistant and can handle various issues.
- Click on “Live Chat” and choose the desired language.
- Choose the option “Manage Bookings”.
- The Bot will provide the required portal and the option “Name change”.
- Make the required name changes or name corrections.
- Complete the process with the Name change fee and any applicable fare differences.
Sharing Queries and Doubts Via Social Media
Social media makes it easier to make special requests, share additional details for a booking, share feedback, and flight experiences, and request a change name on Frontier ticket requests.
|Social Media Platform||Links|
What documents do I need to request Frontier Airlines Name change?
To request a name change on a Frontier airlines reservation, you will need –
- A government-issued ID (such as a driver’s license or passport) that matches the name on the reservation.
- Proof of the name change (such as a marriage certificate or court order).
- Receipt for Frontier name change fee.
Note – Passengers need to contact Frontier Airlines directly for specific requirements and instructions on how to request a name change on the reservation.
What is the Frontier Airlines Name Change fee?
The name change or correction request is applicable when a passenger needs to make a name change request without changing their itinerary.
Frontier Airlines cost to change name on ticket would be applicable on the flights operated and marketed under the airline code: F9.
- Name Change Fee: 75 USD
- The name change in the same itinerary is subject to availability and Options prices.
- It is a non-refundable fee.
- The passengers must pay the already paid fares and any new applicable charges for the destination on the new booking.
Generally, if you change your name due to marriage, divorce, or any other legal name change and enter the new name in your address when you check in, Frontier Airlines will honor the name change and allow you to travel using your new name.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I change my name on Frontier Airlines after booking the flight?
Yes, the passengers can request a name change in case of typing errors or other requirements after booking a reservation.
How to change the name on the frontier airlines account?
Passengers can make a name change request on the website in the “Manage Booking” section, at the airport, or by customer helpline.
How to change misspelled name on the Frontier Airlines reservation?
Frontier Airlines misspelled name changes can be requested on the website, Airport counter, or at customer service by providing the essential documents and fee.
Does Frontier Airlines let you change the name on the ticket within 24 hours of booking?
Within 24 hours of booking, passengers can cancel the booking reservation, request a refund, and rebook the same itinerary with the correct name details.
Can I transfer my Frontier travel credit voucher to another passenger?
No, the passengers are not allowed to transfer their tickets to another passenger.
What is Frontier Airlines’ name correction policy?
The Frontier Airlines name change policy allows passengers to apply for name change requests if there are spelling errors or legal name changes.
How much does it cost to change the name on the Frontier Airlines booking?
It costs the passengers a name change fee of 75 USD. The travel may also include fare differences and other charges based on the fare type and cabin class.
Can I change my name on a Miles reward ticket with Frontier Airlines?
To make such a change, contact the Customer helpline, chat with the Airlines, or contact via Live chat for quick action on the request.
Is it necessary that the name on the Airline ticket matches the passport exactly?
Yes, the name on the ticket must match the name exactly as shown on the passport following First name, Middle name, and Last name.
Can I change my name on the ticket on the day of travel?
Yes, you can change the name on the ticket up to three hours before the scheduled flight departure time at the airport counter or by customer service.