Whether there is an emergency or just a simple change in your travel plans, it can lead to ticket reversals. Most passengers are not prepared for such last-minute revocations. Hence, to provide customers with great convenience, this airline has designed the Frontier cancellation policy. Understanding it can be helpful when you also want to use the feature.
- Frontier Airlines Cancellation Policy Rules
- Frontier 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
- Frontier Airlines’ Cancellation Policy for COVID-19
- Flight Cancellation Rules Related to Illness or Death
- Climatic Conditions and Frontier Cancellation Policy
- How to Cancel Frontier Flights?
- Frontier Cancellation Fee
- Revocation Fees of Frontier Airlines for the WORKS Bundle
- How to Avoid a Cancellation Fee on this Airline?
- Frontier Refund Policy
- How to Get Refunds After Revoking Your Flight?
- Involuntary Reversals on Frontier
Frontier Airlines Cancellation Policy Rules
When you have to revoke your flights, you have to follow the frontier policy’s norms. These norms or rules depend on the ticket type you have. In addition, they are influenced by factors like the time of ticket revocation, the reason for the action, and more.
The following rules of the cancellation policy of Frontier are in accordance with these factors:
- You are less likely to face any complexities in the process if you are reversing within
- 24 hours after the booking
- 7 days before the scheduled departure
- Discontinue an Economy trip before the point of departure.
- The carrier will revoke your flight when you don’t show up.
- During a no-show, a refund would be unlikely.
- Sometimes when the booking is discontinued by the airline, it will provide an alternative flying option.
- You can decide whether to take the alternative or not.
- When you have a refundable ticket (the WORKS bundle), flight reversals are easily possible.
- Award tickets can be reversed at least 180 days prior to the scheduled departure.
- Standard tickets should be revoked and requested for a refund up to 60 days (2 months) before the scheduled departure.
- Last Seat Award tickets are refundable, as per the Frontier Airlines flight cancellation policy.
- You can reverse your tickets in special circumstances like
- Serious illness
- death of the ticketed passenger
- death of the passenger’s close family member,
however, you will need to present the necessary documents for the verification of the reason to revoke.
- Depending on the specific conditions of the tickets purchased, you may need to pay an amount as the fee.
- You should undo your booking:
- 45 minutes before check-in for domestic flights and
- 60 minutes before the scheduled departure of international trips.
Note: Along with this policy, the inability to follow the other policies of the airline may cause inconvenience, especially in the case of the Frontier Airlines baggage policy.
Frontier 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
24-hour is the risk-free window. It is provided by the airline to its passengers in all classes. You can manage your flight ticket for free and request a full refund. During this period, the 24-hour cancellation policy enables you to reverse your tickets without any fee.
Free Reversals within 24 Hours
On Frontier Airlines, 24-hour cancellations are easily available. You need to follow certain rules to avail of the policy’s benefits. They extend to almost every type of ticket featured by the carrier. Hence, the rules also become applicable to them.
- Under this, most tickets are refundable for the 1st twenty-four hours from booking.
- The WORKS fare may not be covered in this benefit.
- Irrespective of the destination chosen, every passenger gets the benefit of free reversals.
- The scheduled departure of your flight should be within 7 or more days.
Frontier Airlines’ Cancellation Policy for COVID-19
Keeping the ongoing pandemic in mind, the airline has made a specific Frontier Airlines COVID cancellation policy. Accordingly, travelers can revoke their tickets for free.
Note: For tickets booked after certain dates, a fee may be applied as per the fare type and destination.
It is vital to note that sometimes, even the carrier can undo your flight due to the pandemic. You can get in touch with Frontier’s team to get detailed information about the coronavirus policies and related rules.
Flight Cancellation Rules Related to Illness or Death
When you want to revoke a flight due to a serious illness right before the flight, you can do it easily. Concerns as genuine as this one are taken into account by the carrier.
The Frontier cancellation policy allows passengers to discontinue or change their flights in case they fall seriously ill. Or, this works when the ticketed passenger or a close member of the family dies. However, you will have to submit the necessary documents like the following:
- Death certificate
- Medical certification
Climatic Conditions and Frontier Cancellation Policy
The policy for Frontier’s flight cancellation caters to reasons that are out of the airline’s control. Some of these can also include air traffic control, bird strikes, etc. In such conditions, you can choose the next available trip at no extra cost.
In this case, the operator will email or text you. The message will carry one link. Using this, you can pick your flight. Or, when this option is not suitable, simply submit a refund request.
Before you decide, please keep in mind:
- No compensation will be provided for the possible:
- Since the conditions will be beyond the control of the airline, it will not be accountable to compensate the passengers for the inconvenience.
How to Cancel Frontier Flights?
Frontier offers different methods of revoking so that travelers can choose their preferred mode. Thus, they can discontinue their tickets with great ease. To cancel your flight tickets, you can use the website, mobile app, or contact number.
Method 1: Via Official Website
The main site of this carrier works as a reliable approach to undoing tickets. At any point in time, you can access the site and make the expected change. You can do so via any device by signing in to the same account using which the tickets were booked.
With the option of Manage Trips, you can easily use the Frontier Airlines ticket cancelation policy’s features:
- Go to the official website of the carrier.
- Then you have to find and click on the “Manage Trip” page.
Note: In case this page does not appear, locate it directly via your internet browser.
- After this, you are required to select the “Review/Change” feature.
- Now, enter the requested details such as:
- the passenger’s last name
- and a 6-digit confirmation code.
- Hit the “Search” button afterward to get the details of your flight.
- Click on the flight that you want to cancel.
- Please remain on the website’s page for as long as final confirmation of the change is shown on it.
- In case the site does not inform you about the same, access your registered email for a confirmation message.
- Go through the mail.
- Make certain that you have been able to reverse the flight booked.
Method 2: From the Application
To undo your flight on the go, please use the application – Frontier Airlines. Both Android and iOS users can access it. You will have to be a flier of this carrier to use this app. It may not let you cancel tickets on behalf of others unless you access their official accounts.
- Ensure that the app “Frontier Airlines” has been downloaded.
- Open it and press the 3-line menu.
- Come to “My Flights”.
- Provide the following 2 details:
- “Confirmation Code”
- “Last Name”
- Hit “Retrieve”.
- Once you see your booking, tap on “Change Flight”.
- Here, you will see the “Cancel” option among others. Select it.
- Perform the remaining directions as they come on-screen.
Method 3: By Making a phone call
This airline understands that a flyer may have varying needs with respect to a booking’s discontinuation. As a part of these needs, the option to undo tickets offline is made available by the airline.
To avail of the service, under the Frontier Airlines flight reversal policy, you can call the operator. You can dial its general toll-free number at 801-401-9000 to connect with the agents.
To successfully discontinue your booking, you will have to share information such as:
- Booking number of your ticket
- Confirmation of your destination city/state
- Your personal details
It is essential to realize that for offline reversals, you can also try visiting the airport. The following steps are to be followed in this case:
- The representatives of the airline are possibly available there as well.
- Reach the airport at the soonest.
- Then you can share your concern regarding the flight’s discontinuation.
- The representative will let you know whether or not a reversal is possible.
- If yes, then the rest of the procedure will be shared with you.
Frontier Cancellation Fee
When you cancel flights, you may or may not be liable to pay a fee. This will be determined on the basis of the ticket you have. In addition, you should know the following:
- The time at which you are reversing your ticket will be taken into consideration.
- Given that you revoked an itinerary, a charge and travel credit will be applied.
- The terms related to your ticket and “Contract of Carriage” can also determine whether charges apply.
In case a fee is applicable, you should know the charge prior to taking the action. For reservations that have been made between 7/27/21 and 6/1/22:
|Time of Ticket Revocation||Applicable Fees for Canceling per Direction|
|Within 24 hours of the booking||N/A|
|60 or more days before the scheduled departure||USD 99|
|7-59 days before the scheduled departure||USD 99|
|6 or fewer days before the scheduled departure (including the same-day reversal)||USD 99|
Note: $75 is asked to undo an award booking and redeposit miles.
Kindly validate the fees tabulated here as slight variations are possible. These variations will depend on the airline. It holds the right to increase or decrease the cost as and when required.
Important Points of Frontier Cancellation Fees
As per the revocation policy, you have to pay a fee in different scenarios.
- For instance, when you revoke your standard tickets, you have to pay the fee to cancel.
- The airline will deduct the applicable fee and refund the rest of the amount.
- Additionally, the non-refundable redeposit fees will be charged if you reverse any award ticket.
Revocation Fees of Frontier Airlines for the WORKS Bundle
In accordance with the cancellation rules, fees will be waived for those who have WORKS bundle tickets. It is a bundle that comes with a number of benefits including the flexibility of discontinuing.
After reversing such tickets, the full value of each will be retained. However, it will be done as a single-use travel credit. This will be valid for only 1 year from the date of the transaction.
Here are some important points regarding the same:
- No residual value of the ticket will remain when you use the amount even when there is some balance left, as is given in Frontier Airlines flight policy.
- In case the amount of new booking is not covered by the issued travel credits, you can pay the rest of the amount by using your credit card.
- Please keep in mind that travel credits issued by the airline are not transferable.
- Also, they can last for 90 days.
- The original passenger will be the only one who can utilize these credits.
Kindly, remember that the fees will be waived for the WORKS bundle bookings/tickets. But change costs will be levied by Frontier.
How to Avoid a Cancellation Fee on this Airline?
Depending on the budget of certain travelers, the reversal fee may appear to be high or low. In case you find it to be high, it is possible to avoid this charge. This is dependent on certain factors as stated below:
- When Frontier cancels flights, you may be compensated.
- Or, you will be given an alternative trip to complete your travel with.
- Paying for reversing your ticket will not be required.
- It is best to purchase flight tickets when you are assured of traveling.
- You should try to make the reservation at least 7 days/168 hours in advance. The chances of revocation will not be high.
- Despite accurate planning, you may feel the need to reverse your booking.
- This can be due to non-negligible circumstances.
- In such cases, with the option of free cancellation within 24 hours, you will not be required to pay any charge.
- Members who have the status of the Elite Level can go for free reversals.
- You can invest in a WORKS bundle.
Frontier Refund Policy
The Frontier Airlines booking refund policy is created by this air operator to help its passengers get the full amount. Please note that the benefits of the refund policy will only be provided in the scenarios mentioned below:
- If the ticket is booked at least seven days in advance, then it will be eligible for a refund.
- In case the passenger discontinues the ticket within 24 hours of the purchase, refund requests can be accepted.
- When a person is having a WORKS bundle ticket, he/she can cancel it before the scheduled departure.
- Any flight ticket may be discontinued for free during the waiver period of COVID-19.
- Most types of tickets can be canceled up to 60 days before the scheduled departure.
- Award tickets can be revoked up to 180 days before departing.
- When the ticketed passenger falls sick or dies or any of his/her close family members die, reversals can be done for free.
Points to Remember for Frontier Airlines Refund
Even though Frontier is best recognized for its flexible and easy-to-understand policies, it is good to keep the following points while canceling the flight and requesting refunds to avoid any trouble:
- The airline will provide all refunds in the original form chosen for the payment.
- For instance, when you have paid the amount via a credit card, your refund will be credited in your card.
- It will take at least 168 hours/7 working days to process the refund request.
- Also, it may take 2-3 cycles to reflect in the passenger’s account statement.
- As a part of the Frontier refund policy, you can check the status of the amount to be credited.
- The most reliable way to do so will be by connecting with the air operator.
- You will get a full refund when no portion is used. It will include the fare amount along with:
- the ancillary purchases such as seat assignments,
- government taxes,
- and other charges.
- Sometimes, some portion of the ticket may have been used by a passenger.
- Then the airline will credit the rest of the amount along with the amount spent on additional or ancillary purchases.
How to Get Refunds After Revoking Your Flight?
This air operator requires you to fill out a form for a refund. This is suitable for most tickets including WORKS. Ensure that all your information is correctly added to it. Kindly submit it as soon as your booking’s revocation is confirmed.
- You can look for the “Frontier Refund Request Form” on a browser.
- Open the official link to access this document.
- Read the guidelines added to this form.
- Section by section, provide your information.
- You can also attach files if required.
- Provide your registered email ID.
- Then press “Continue”.
Involuntary Reversals on Frontier
The air operator can revoke your flight in these instances without notifying you:
- You neither appear nor cancel your ticket.
- The check-in is not made:
- 45 minutes before a domestic plane departs.
- 60 minutes before the departure of an international flight.
- 15 minutes earlier than the departure, you don’t appear for boarding.
- As per the Contract of Carriage’s “Section 3 – Refusal to Transport”, the trip may be revoked.
Compensation for Revoked Bookings
You can seek reimbursement on Frontier. Its type can vary, based on whether the revocation was voluntary or involuntary. Likewise, whether or not the airline can control a situation leading to the tickets being canceled can determine the chances of getting compensation.
- Another flight can be provided at no extra cost.
- You can ask for a stay in a hotel.
- Travelers can expect food vouchers.
- Refunds for unused ticket portions may be available.
In Case Not Controllable:
Frontier may not compensate you when it cannot control situations that cause flight reversals. However, it suggests connecting with it for help or refunds.
All in all, with the simplicity of this policy, you can cancel your ticket with ease. You can also get refunds by fully understanding how this Frontier policy works.
Frequently Asked Questions
On Frontier, the cancellation fee depends on the time of request and flight itinerary. It can amount to $99.
If you cancel your flight within 24 hours of your booking, you can avoid the revocation fees.
Full refunds will be given only on refundable tickets as per Frontier’s cancel policy.
Yes, Frontier Airlines allows passengers to cancel their flight within 24 hours of booking.
Yes, you will have to submit the Frontier cancellation fee even if you are canceling your flight online. This fee depends on the time of doing so.
The air operator will refund back your money if you have booked the ticket nearly 7 days in advance and follow all the flight revocation policy rules.
Yes, you can contact the carrier at any time at their customer assistance number to solve your queries.
This air carrier will only give full refunds if you obey certain conditions. Otherwise, your refund will be credited after the deduction of a fee.
Yes, the feature to revoke within 24 hours is enabled under the revocation policy of this carrier.
You can reverse your flights either online through the official site or offline by connecting with the service center agents.
Under the s, you can avail of a refund depending on the type of your ticket.
You will simply have to undo your flight within 24 hours of your booking by visiting the company’s official site or via the offline option.
When you discontinue your flight, you will have to provide a fee. Then you may get a refund depending on the type of your ticket.
This air operator can take about 7 business days to credit your refund amount.
As per the guidelines of Frontier Airlines cancellation policy, you can access this form on the main site of the carrier under the “Manage Trip” section.
You will be fully eligible for the refund when you follow the Frontier 24 hour cancellation guidelines.
The latest Frontier flight cancellation policy allows ticket reversals within 24 hours of your booking. It offers refunds and compensation for discontinuations on part of the airline.
Generally, the credits issued will be valid for one year from the date of issue.
The actual amount of the money refunded for revocations depends on Frontier Airlines cancellation policy. It is not fixed and can differ.
Passengers with WORKS bundle tickets can easily revoke their tickets without any fee.
For normal tickets, you can simply reverse your booking as per the regulations of the reversal policy.
Discontinue your ticket online using the “My Flights” section or offline by contacting the company’s officials.
The carrier generally offers an alternative flight if the original one is canceled by the airline itself.
You can request a refund by filling out a refund form online
If the carrier itself discontinues your flight, you will be compensated accordingly.
As per the policy, all tickets booked more than 7 days prior to the flight’s departure, with or without insurance, are eligible for full refunds.
Yes, you may discontinue your ticket at any time using the Frontier airlines cancellation policy.
To cancel Frontier flights, you can either opt for the online method or simply do it via a phone call.
Just like any other airline, Frontier can also revoke flights. However, this only happens from time to time.
Outside the risk-free period, the Frontier booking cancellation fee can begin from $99 onward.
To request this amount, you will be needed to find, fill, and submit the “Frontier Refund Request Form”.
As per all the revocation rules and policies of Frontier, you may not be able to reverse a flight after checking in.
In general, the airline will take 7 business days to proceed with the request. But the refunds will reflect in your account in 2-3 cycles.
You can get your refund if you undo the tickets under the Frontier 24 hour cancellation policy.