Turkish Airlines Flight Change Policy allows passengers to make changes to their reservations with convenience. The flight change policy is flexible and allows benefits like free change, refunds, or allowance of additional benefits. The passengers must read the guidelines and check their fare rules before they make a flight change request.
Here is an in-depth overview that passengers must consider before requesting changes to their flight booking.
- What are the terms and conditions of the Turkish Airlines Flight Change Policy?
- What is the Turkish Airlines Flight Change policy for international flights?
- What restrictions apply to the Turkish Flight change policy?
- What is the Turkish Airlines Policy for Booking within 24 hours?
- What is the Turkish Airlines Same Day Policy for Flight Change?
- How to Change a Turkish Airlines Flight Ticket?
- Online Portal
- Offline Portals
- Airport Counters
- Kiosk Towers
- Post your Query through Social Media Portals
- What are the Turkish Flight Change Fees?
- Turkish Airlines Schedule Change
What are the terms and conditions of the Turkish Airlines Flight Change Policy?
Turkish Airlines has set different flight change rules for separate branded fare tickets. The passengers must check the ticket details to check their eligibility and criteria for flight change and the fare applicable on each ticket.
Flights within Turkey:-
The following change guidelines will apply when requesting changes for the flights within Turkey –
- No changes are permitted within 1 hour of scheduled departure.
- Prime Fly fare allows change for free if requested up to 12 hours of scheduled departure.
- For Business Flexible fare, no deductions and penalty fee is implied if changes are made 12 hours or more before the flight.
- No changes are permitted after passengers have completed the Turkish airlines check-in.
Travel From TRNC to Ercan Flights
Turkish Airlines ticket change guidelines have a dedicated policy for passengers traveling from TRNC to Ercan. Make sure to read these policies to make the necessary changes.
|Fare Type Family||Eco Fly||Prime Fly||Business Flexible|
|Departure is less than 1 hour||Not Permitted||Not Permitted||Not Permitted|
|1-12 hours before departure||A penalty fee of 19 USD + fare difference||Free. Fare difference applicable||A penalty fee of 27 USD.|
|Departure beyond 12 hours||A penalty fee of 19 USD + fare difference||Free. Fare difference applicable||Free. Fare difference applicable|
What is the Turkish Airlines Flight Change policy for international flights?
The airline has separate guidelines for the Discounted as well as Regular fares.
The following conditions will apply for the discounted fares –
|Discounted fares||Date/ Route Change Rules|
|Promotion fare||Overall fare varies based on the flight route and class chosen by the passengers.|
|Semi-flexible fare||Change fee applicable|
|Flexible fare||No change fee applicable|
|Business Promotions fare||Change fee applicable. Passengers can request changes to the destination|
|Business Semi-Flexible fare||Change fee applicable|
|Business Flexible fare||Change fee applicable|
Following guidelines will apply on regular fares for international travel –
|Class of Service||Flight Change Rule|
|Economy Class||ECOFLY tickets: Cannot be changed.|
Can be changed to 70 USD
PRIMEFLY: Same-day changes are applicable. Free change available fare difference applies.
|Business Class||BUSINESS FLY: Can be reissued for 70 USD. |
BUSINESS PRIME: Same-day changes allowed
What restrictions apply to the Turkish Flight change policy?
If you want to change your flight details, here are the key details to consider before making a Turkish Airlines change flight request.
- Flight changes are not permitted after the scheduled departure.
- Passengers cannot alter domestic and TRNC-Ercan flights to international flight segments.
- Turkish Flight change guidelines apply for connecting flights too.
- No changes would be appalled if passengers booked flights under Turkish Airlines pet travel.
What is the Turkish Airlines Policy for Booking within 24 hours?
As per Turkish Airlines flight change policy, passengers are allowed to make changes free of charge within 24 hours of purchase, provided –
- The scheduled departure date must be booked at least 7 days or more in advance.
- The flight must originate from the United States or Canada
- The flight must be operated and marketed by Turkish Airlines.
- The flight booking must not include a discounted fare, promotion fare, or any reward ticket.
- The reservation must include no more than 9 passengers.
Pro tip – Passengers can also make Turkish flight cancellations for free within 24 hours of purchase.
What is the Turkish Airlines Same Day Policy for Flight Change?
Turkish Airlines allows passengers to make changes in their flight on the same day if the departure time is between 1 to 12 hours. In addition –
- Chargers between 13 USD to 27 USD penalty fee is incurred on flight change and fare difference.
- The fare difference is non-refundable and is collected separately.
- The tickets booked from platforms like the official website, mobile app, call center, and ticket counters are eligible to apply.
How to Change a Turkish Airlines Flight Ticket?
There are several methods to make flight changes to Turkish Airlines. The following ways have been explained in depth below:
- Visit the official website of Turkish Airlines.
- Click on the “Turkish Manage Booking” tab.
- Enter the reservation code and the last name of the passenger.
- Select the flight segments that need to be changed.
- There will be new options displayed.
- Select the new flight, and proceed to the checkout page.
- Pay the penalty fee along with the fare difference, if applicable.
- You will be directed to your registered email account for final confirmation.
Following are the channels to change Turkish airlines flights in offline mode:
- Dial the airline’s flight change phone number +1 (800) 874-8875 for the flight change.
- Once you connect with the agent, provide the name, flight name, other details, and a confirmation code.
- The agent processes the inputs, check the available options, and proceeds with the flight change request.
- Pay the change fee, if applicable, and complete the process.
Passengers are allowed to request Turkish flight change at the airport up to 3 hours before the scheduled departure.
- Reach the counter and share information like name, flight details, and the confirmation code.
- The airline staff processes the change request and proposes the newly available flights.
- Pay the airline change fee to confirm the request.
Passengers can request flight changes through Kiosk Towers, All you need to do –
- Contact the Turkish Airlines Kiosk Tower.
- Obey the instructions given on the screen.
- Put the reservation number and the passenger’s last name to get flight details.
- Choose the desired option from the ones available.
- Pay the penalty fee, if applicable, and print the new updated ticket.
Post your Query through Social Media Portals
Turkish Airlines offer unlimited assistance through its social media platforms. Passengers can use the platform to share feedback and queries like Flight changes.
|Social Media Handle||Account Links|
What are the Turkish Flight Change Fees?
The Turkish airlines flight change fees vary based on the route, fare ticket, and destination chosen by the passenger Below is the overview.
If flights Within Turkey
Below is the overview of the Turkish Airlines change fee applicable for domestic flights.
|Fare Type Family||EcoFly (Only for B-Q classes)||ExtraFly||PrimeFly||Business Flexible|
|1-12 hours before departure||16 USD||13 USD||Freer||24 USD|
|Departure beyond 12 hours||13 USD||8 USD||Free||Free|
If flights outside Turkey
If you are traveling outside Turkey (International journey), the change fee prices are calculated on the basis of discounted fares and Regular fares.
|Discounted fares||Date/ Route Change Fee|
|Promotion fare||200 USD + Fare differences applicable|
|Semi-flexible fare||200 USD + Fare differences applicable|
|Business Promotions fare||200 USD + Fare differences applicable|
|Business Semi-Flexible fare||200 USD + Fare differences applicable|
|Business Flexible fare||P200 USD + Fare differences applicable|
|Fare Class||Economy Class||Business Class|
Flight Change Fee
|EXTRA FLY: 70 USDPRIMEFLY: Free||Business Fly: 70 USDBusiness Prime: Free|
Turkish Airlines Schedule Change
A scheduled change is a change in date, flight number, or time by the airline due to operational reasons.
As per the Turkish airlines flight change policy, passengers are entitled to make free changes under the following circumstances –
- The flight fails to operate accurately according to the schedule.
- Fails to stop at the Passenger’s destination or stopover.
Scheduled Change Compensation
Passengers are also entitled to get the schedule change compensation in case of a major schedule change. Below is the overview of the compensation pertaining to the ticket condition –
|If no portion of the ticket is used||An amount equal to the fare paid|
|If a portion of the ticket is used||Refund is higher or as per fare conditions: One-way fare from interruption point to destination or point of next stopover Difference between paid ticket fare and transportation fare used.|
This article aims to explain the flight change guidelines and policies of Turkish Airlines to give travelers a better understanding of the policy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can make changes to your Turkish flight if you have purchased the tickets from direct channels like the official website, airport, or mobile application.
Passengers enjoy a penalty-free flight change experience if the scheduled flight time is more than 12 hours. However, in some cases, a change fee and fare differences may apply.
Turkish Airlines offer its passengers some “Passengers rights” in case of flight disruptions. Refer to the website for the rights.
Yes, you can change flight dates online using the official website, mobile application, or call center.
Turkish Airlines charge a penalty fee of TRY 200 to TRY 500 if the scheduled time is between 1-12 hours.
You can confirm your flight change information through the mobile application, Kiosks, call centers, and the official website.
You can refer to the Pet Policy of Turkish Airlines to check the eligibility for the flight change.
Turkish Airlines inform its passengers about the flight change with a text message or an email on the registered Id.
To change a ticket to an open ticket, contact the Turkish Airlines executives or cancel the ticket before flight departure.
If your flight is canceled, you can change your flight or attain a refund. Check the “Passenger rights” guide for more information.
Other Turkish Airlines Pages