Fliers may cancel their flights due to various reasons. To facilitate such revocations, different airlines give various rules. Similarly, JetBlue has determined one such policy. The JetBlue cancellation policy is especially for all those passengers who have changed their minds and are not looking forward to traveling anymore. By taking the passengers’ situations into consideration, the policy provides various options to suit their preferences.
- Rules Defined by JetBlue Flight Cancellation Policy
- Guidelines for Mosaic Fliers
- Policy for Military or Government Tickets
- TrueBlue Redemption Tickets and Cancellations
- JetBlue Airways COVID Cancellation Policy
- JetBlue 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
- How to Cancel Your JetBlue Flights Online and Offline?
- Method 1: From the Official Website
- Method 2: Through the Mobile App
- Method 3: By Calling
- JetBlue Immediate Helpdesk:
- Revoke Reservation Social Handle:
- Revoking Travel Agency Bookings
- Who can Make JetBlue Ticket Cancellations Online?
- When can You Cancel the Flights on JetBlue?
- JetBlue Airways Cancellation Fees
- JetBlue Airways Cancellation Fee Waivers
- JetBlue Refund Policy
- Exceptional Instances and Revocations on JetBlue
- JetBlue Canceled Flights Policy
- Compensation for Canceled Flights
- Rebook Your Canceled Booking
Rules Defined by JetBlue Flight Cancellation Policy
The JetBlue ticket cancellation policy is for all those who are looking to cancel their flights and want to get their money back. This is done, keeping in mind the policy’s rules. They are different for non-refundable tickets, refundable bookings, and no-show fliers.
For Non-refundable Tickets:
- Ensure that you cancel the booking preceding the departure.
- Revocation fees will apply to every individual who is a part of a reservation.
- When any balance is left, you can find it as travel credit along with an expiration date.
- The “JetBlue Travel Bank Credit” is available for around twelve months.
- Kindly use this credit for upcoming bookings.
- When the following non-refundable tickets are discontinued after the planes depart, their costs can’t be received back:
- Blue Extra
- Blue Plus
- The cost of a waiver code is not provided back.
- Blue Basic, as well as Mosaic, fliers can cancel without any charges.
In Case of No-show:
- The no-show policy is for all passengers looking forward to the cancellation of the JetBlue flight on the same day of departure.
- Before departing, if you fail to undo your ticket, the carrier can forfeit its value.
- In case the above happens, the value of additional purchases may be deprived.
For Refundable Tickets:
- After having a refundable ticket, passengers are entitled to a complete refund.
- This is when they decide to cancel the ticket before their plane has to depart.
- Under JetBlue’s cancellation policy, when the cancellation happens post-departure, its value will be converted into travel credits.
Guidelines for Mosaic Fliers
Mosaic travelers can buy Blue Basic bookings. When they are non-refundable, fees will be needed to cancel them. They will also not be refunded in the original form. However, extras like a pet facility can be refunded. But the cancellation will have to be made prior to departure.
In the case of ARC and BSP agencies, these guidelines also matter:
- When a reversal is made on a non-refundable ticket, its status will be “Open”.
- Such a ticket can be Mint, Blue Extra, Blue, or Blue Plus.
- For 1 year or such a duration, the fare can be used.
Policy for Military or Government Tickets
In the instance of a government or military fare, the facility to cancel is available. The cost of the ticket can be received back. Some industry-standard rules may apply.
TrueBlue Redemption Tickets and Cancellations
This airline features a loyalty program. Through this, you can make points and use them for award tickets. But when the same bookings have to be revoked, kindly be aware of the following:
- You may cancel one-way trips.
- Parts of “Cash+Points” multi-segment tickets may not be revoked.
JetBlue Airways COVID Cancellation Policy
In accordance with the COVID cancellation policy, travelers have the facility not to continue flights. Direct bookings get the benefit of this policy during the coronavirus. But the following terms also apply:
- Those who have Blue Basic tickets cannot revoke tickets for free.
- Other fare holders can get free reversals.
- You can cancel your trip:
- Offline on call
- Online via the website
- To discontinue JetBlue Vacations, please dial 1-844-JB-VACAY (528-2229).
- An individual part of a round-trip cannot be discontinued.
- For other trips, the unused segments can be canceled.
JetBlue 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
The carrier based in America has dedicated a part of its policy to the reservations made within twenty-four hours. According to this, passengers can initiate reversals and get their amount back.
JetBlue’s 24-hour cancellation policy has the following guidelines:
- The duration between your flight’s date of departure and booking should be 7 days.
- After making the reservation, a person gets 24 hours to cancel it.
- This duration begins from the time of making the booking.
- Flights can be officially revoked both online and offline.
- Aside from JetBlue Vacations, other tickets can be covered in this policy.
Note: There may be additional rules. As per them, your ticket will be qualified for the said benefit.
How to Cancel Your JetBlue Flights Online and Offline?
This airline, to cater to the requirements of its various types of customers, gives many methods for discontinuing tickets. It allows both conventional and online options that facilitate JetBlue ticket cancellations. The time of your request can also affect the mode of your action.
The following are the main ways through which you can request the reversal of a flight:
Method 1: From the Official Website
Primarily, passengers can make the request for ticket discontinuation through the official website. Under the JetBlue Airlines cancellation policy, the online option is mainly preferred by them in the case of international flights. This method also proves helpful for frequent fliers as it is time-efficient and convenient to use.
- Open the Official website of “JetBlue” in your Browser.
- Then sign in to your account on it.
- Look for several panels on its home page.
- Prefer using the panel “Manage Booking”.
- A new page will open. Here, mention this information:
- “Last Name”
- “Confirmation Code”
- Tap on “Find Flight”.
- Hover over the booking that is to be revoked.
- You will now see JetBlue’s cancel trip feature. Select it.
- Go through additional directions on the display.
- You will be notified about the cancellation fee.
- Submit them if asked.
- Now, wait for confirmation. It will be shared over your registered contact details.
Method 2: Through the Mobile App
The JetBlue mobile application is available and lets customers manage their trips accordingly. It is almost similar to its online site. They both offer similar features and provide the latest information.
JetBlue Immediate Help
|Apple mobile device:||Android mobile device:||ChatBot:|
|If you have any questions, you can contact JetBlue via Apple Business Chat.||JetBlue is accessible via Google Business Messenger to respond to your inquiries.||JetBlue is available on ChatBot, ask questions via live chat in your browser at any time.|
To avail of the benefit of the JetBlue Airlines flight cancellation policy, this app can be used as follows:
- Get the mobile app for this airline by downloading it on “Apple”/“Android”.
- Perform the login procedure on this application.
- Find the “My Trips” section and click on it.
- Next, select the “Manage Trips” option from this section.
- You can now view your itinerary.
- Select the flight that you want to cancel.
- Continue by clicking on the “Cancel” button.
- Confirm the decision by verifying your details.
- Pay the associated fees, if asked by the airline.
Note: This mobile app may also perform other functions like check-in, reviewing baggage policy rules, and upgrading seats.
Method 3: By Calling
You can simply call JetBlue to cancel your flights. This will help you to connect with the agents. The offline method can be used for making requests at the last moment. Moreover, the customer care agents will be available 24 hours a day, therefore, making it easier for you to request such changes.
According to the cancellation policy, you can preferably call the following number to connect with the agents:
- 001 801-449-2525
When the call goes through, the executive will first ask for certain details, including the confirmation number. Carefully provide these details. You will then have to wait until the executive processes your request to revoke your ticket.
A notification confirming the reversal of the flight ticket you booked will be received once the process is completed.
JetBlue Immediate Helpdesk:
|United States||1-800-JETBLUE (1-800-538-2583)|
|Turks & Caicos||1-877-390-5447|
|Trinidad & Tobago||1-800-538-2583|
|All other countries (toll call)||1-801-449-2525|
Revoke Reservation Social Handle:
Fliers can contact Jetblue through the official Social handles. You can directly message it on:
|Social Profiles||Social Handles Links|
Revoking Travel Agency Bookings
You may have booked trips via a travel agency online or offline. Using the website of JetBlue, those trips can be undone. Otherwise, you may contact the airline offline. When you do so, you will be charged. The amount can be $50 for one time.
Who can Make JetBlue Ticket Cancellations Online?
Revoking your trip online is quite convenient with this company. But the method is limited to certain fliers. These guidelines indicate who can use this mode:
- When a flier has the following information, online reversals are possible:
- The correct surname
- Confirmation code
- Origin city
- Destination city
- The ticket should not be inclusive of any other city for your return trip than an outgoing one.
- You must have made a booking without a travel voucher/certificate.
- The booking should not have any request for a special service.
When can You Cancel the Flights on JetBlue?
Passengers are free to choose when they want to travel and when not to. The decision to cancel can occur for a variety of reasons. In most cases, the flights are canceled due to changes in travel plans.
But sometimes, other reasons can be the cause that will let a person use the JetBlue Airlines cancellation policy:
- A person may not be well.
- Some mishaps may take place.
- A flier may be going through some unacceptable situations.
- The flight schedule may have been altered unexpectedly.
- Due to problems with the baggage, a traveler may decide to cancel the flight.
You can avail of the JetBlue flight ticket cancellation in all these instances. You may not be needed to provide any documents for accessing the feature in some situations.
JetBlue Airways Cancellation Fees
Airlines like this one may or may not apply fees. This depends on the mode of canceling tickets. The kind of fare invested is another important factor. Sometimes, the route of your flight may also influence it.
|Fare Class||Changes / Cancellations, per person||Other International Routes Fare|
|Blue Basic||$100 (North America, Central America, Caribbean)||$200|
|Blue||Difference in airfare||Difference in airfare|
|Blue Plus||Difference in airfare||Difference in airfare|
|Blue Extra||Difference in airfare||Difference in airfare|
|Blue Refundable||Difference in airfare||Difference in airfare|
|Blue Plus Refundable||Difference in airfare||Difference in airfare|
|Blue Extra Refundable||Difference in airfare||Difference in airfare|
|Mint||Difference in airfare||Difference in airfare|
|Mint Refundable||Difference in airfare||Difference in airfare|
Note: You can use travel credits to submit the JetBlue ticket cancellation charges.
JetBlue Airways Cancellation Fee Waivers
Canceling after departure may be subject to fees. With waivers, you may not have to pay them. This airline can waive the fees for canceling tickets at certain times. However, on your part, 4 ways are available through which you can avoid the fee.
24-Hour Cancellation Feature:
- A passenger is entitled to a complete refund without paying a fee.
- This is possible if he or she initiates the reversal procedure within 24 hours.
- As per the JetBlue 24-hour cancellation policy, this feature is available for most types of tickets.
Purchase JetBlue Refundable Tickets:
- Refundable tickets are an option for those who want to be safe in unprepared situations.
- With such tickets, passengers can execute the process to revoke without paying any charges at any point in time.
- In addition to this, a refund is also assured to you.
Waive it with Mosaic:
- When a flier is a Mosaic member, he/she can enjoy mostly all the privileges of memberships.
- Along with this, the flier can have the right to cancel the ticket.
- This is possible even at the last moment without paying any ticket cancellation charges.
Due to Disruptions:
- If the airline cancels your flight, you can ask for a waiver.
JetBlue Refund Policy
The JetBlue refund policy is simple to understand. It depends on the type of ticket you have booked and the timing of canceling it. With respect to these two factors, the guidelines of the refund policy can be laid.
- When passengers have booked a refundable ticket, they can cancel it at any time.
- This reversal needs to be done till the date of departure. Following this, they can get a complete refund.
- In case you have booked a non-refundable ticket, you will get the refund in the form of an e-credit.
- The fees to cancel may also be charged on non-refundable tickets.
- Sometimes, travelers may cancel their tickets within 24 hours. Then they are entitled to a complete refund without paying any fees to revoke.
- Ancillary or additional purchases can be refunded when tickets are revoked before departing.
- Between 7 to 10 working days, your amount will be received.
- On discontinuing a portion of your travel itinerary, you may not receive the amount. In this case, the pet travel fee may be reimbursed.
- Taxes relating to international trips may not be received back.
- On refundable bookings to and fro the U.K., checked baggage costs can be refunded.
- To learn more about the aspects of this, kindly check the JetBlue baggage policy.
- The remaining part of a trip can be discontinued. On a one-way booking basis, a refund can be expected.
Exceptional Instances and Revocations on JetBlue
For Mosaic travelers, fees can be waived when canceling tickets. But there are additional cases too. During these, this airline can make certain exceptions.
- This airline can refund the ticket’s value in the original medium.
- A certificate confirming the event is important.
- This document has to be provided up to 14 days from revocation.
In Case of Health Issues
- Refunds may not be given on non-refundable bookings.
- But a traveler can find the status of his/her ticket as “open”.
- This benefit can be used whether the traveler or his/her family member is ill.
During Military Orders
- Cancelation charges can be waived even on non-refundable bookings.
- The advantage is available for military personnel and their families.
JetBlue Canceled Flights Policy
This airline may sometimes cancel your flights. When the revocation is initiated by the authorities, there are some reasons behind it. When it is not favorable, JetBlue Airlines reviews indicate that it may not risk the lives of its passengers. Hence, you may be unable to continue with your trips.
The possible reasons for the action can be inclusive of:
- COVID-19 restrictions
- Political crises
- Technical issues in flights
Note: You will be notified about the same on call or by email.
Cancellations due to Weather
Particularly when your trip is revoked due to weather issues, you can find waivers. You are suggested to use the page for “Travel Alerts” on the main site of the company to find them. You may also get a refund. It will be in the same form used to pay for your trip.
In case your journey is international and it leaves you helpless in a foreign country, you can contact this carrier. It will help you seek insurance. Or, when you are already ensured via Allianz, you can dial 1-800-496-0329 for further help at any time.
Options Available When Flights are Discontinued
You need to ensure that a confirmed booking was canceled by this carrier. Then you can choose one of the following options:
- Fly on another flight without incurring other charges.
- Ask for “Travel Bank Credit”.
- Choose to rebook within 120 minutes/2 hours or get a refund.
- Seek compensation in case your trip was revoked four hours from the departure.
- To get help regarding a connecting trip, please contact this company.
Compensation for Canceled Flights
On its own, this airline will contact you within 7 days of departure, preferably by mail. It will inform you that you can receive compensation for your direct booking. But when the booking is not direct, you will have to connect with the company.
JetBlue Airlines’ cancellation compensation is as follows:
|Time of cancellation||Amount|
|Before 4 hours||$50|
Rebook Your Canceled Booking
You can contact JetBlue offline at the airport or on call to book your reservation again. Otherwise, you can use its website. Here, please choose “Manage Trips”. Then you can manage the revoked flight.
Regardless of the method you pick, these details are important to execute it:
- Flight number
- Complete name
- Contact details
- Date of birth
- Confirmation number
Using JetBlue’s cancellation policy, passengers can undo their tickets easily in most situations. All in all, traveling with this American carrier can ensure that you face no hassles whether reserving or canceling your flights.
Frequently Ask Questions
You will get the benefit to revoke your flight ticket in twenty-four hours, subject to some conditions.
The JetBlue Airways cancelation policy lets you discontinue your trip. You can cancel the ticket and get a refund.
A JetBlue ticket cancellation refund is given by the airline. Only you can get it if you are eligible for it.
You can cancel a ticket without penalty in the first 24 hours after booking.
The airline may require certain business days to credit the refund. To learn the exact duration, kindly connect with it.
JetBlue provides refunds when tickets are canceled. The policy is applicable on the basis of factors like ticket type, time of canceling your booking, etc.
Notably, JetBlue’s risk-free cancellation during 24 hours is cheaper. However, when this option isn’t available, changing the flight may be favorable.
You will not be able to continue with your flight or use the ticket. To know more, please refer to the JetBlue Airways cancellation policy.
As per JetBlue Airlines’ cancellation policies, you can officially call the carrier. It will revoke your ticket.
You can approach the counter of this carrier at the airport. A professional there will help you undo your booking.
It is best to cancel a flight in the first 24 hours, otherwise, you can do so before the departure.
You may use TrueBlue points to pay the charges for ticket discontinuation.
When you revoke a booking within twenty-four hours of the purchase or have one refundable ticket, you may not be charged a fee.
It is ideal to revoke your ticket in this duration. Then you can also get a JetBlue 24-hour cancellation refund.
Apply for a refund online via the official website or contact the carrier for compensation.
To skip paying the JetBlue cancellation fee, revoke your booking during the risk-free hours.
Blue and Blue Extra are fare types on JetBlue. In both, revocation charges are not applied but different facilities are observed.
As per the JetBlue refund policy, the amount can be received in 7 to 10 days, subject to some situations.
The cost of canceling, according to the JetBlue cancel flight policy, is $100 per person to travel entirely within Central/North America and the Caribbean. However, nearly $200 will be charged for other routes.
There is a JetBlue 24-hour cancellation policy facilitated by the carrier. If passengers cancel their flights within 24 hours after booking, then a complete refund will be provided.
Passengers can get the option to cancel a JetBlue flight ticket within 24 hours.
The tickets of this airline are refundable, subject to a few conditions.
According to the JetBlue cancellation policy, travelers can cancel their flights. Online and offline, both modes are available to initiate the process for this.
In order to cancel a flight online, visit the official website of this airline. Perform the login with your credentials. Move to booked flights and open the particular ticket to cancel. The “Cancel” button is right there. Click on it. After that, the reversal will be processed.
For canceling offline, fliers can call the toll-free number 00-1801-449-2525 and connect with the customer executive. Some details are required to go ahead with the process. Apart from this, you can also visit the airport for offline JetBlue cancellations.
When a passenger cancels a JetBlue flight, he or she cannot go forward with a trip with the same ticket. The passenger may be entitled to a refund. This will depend on the kind of ticket chosen.
Mint tickets are non-refundable. Hence, when you cancel them, you may not receive any amount.
For non-refundable ticket holders, this carrier provides a refund after deducting a reversal fee. So, the refund is calculated after this fee is retained by the airline and the leftover balance is credited. The fee amount depends on the reservation date as well as the fare type.