Whether you wish to check in online on a website or mobile application, or offline via airport agent assistance, kiosk counters, or service counters; Frontier Airlines ensures offering optimum solutions and check-in choices for the passengers, thus allowing passengers to travel hassle-free and with all convenience they need.
This page discusses the Frontier check-in policy and other necessary procedures associated with the process.
What are the Frontier Airlines check-in rules?
Frontier airlines has a few rules to check-in:
- Check-in must be completed at least 45 minutes before the scheduled departure for domestic flights and 60 minutes before for international flights.
- Passengers can also check in a self-service kiosk or with a Frontier Airlines agent at the airport.
- All passengers, including those with carry-on baggage only, are required to check in for the flight.
- Passengers are responsible for ensuring they have all necessary travel documents such as valid passports, or visas, for travel.
- All bags must be properly tagged and meet Frontier airlines baggage size and weight limitations.
- Passengers who fail to comply with the rules may be denied boarding.
- No Frontier flight cancellations or changes are allowed to the booking after check-in is completed.
- Passengers traveling under Frontier Airlines pet program are not permitted to check-in online.
What is the time required to check in with Frontier Airlines?
Frontier Airlines shares an Airport Timeline with the travelers to assist them in understanding the required time to complete the entire check process till the time the departure gates close.
Check-in time Limit:
The passengers are suggested to arrive a minimum of 2 hours before flight departure. It is crucial as it allows the passengers to complete the process from check-in to baggage to security clearance until they board the flight.
- 60 minutes (Domestic flights).
- 60 minutes (International flights).
NOTE: Mobile and Web check-in close in 60 minutes before flight departure.
Frontier Airlines Check-in Timeline to follow:
- Arriving time at the Airport: 2 hours before the flight.
- Time to check in with the Boarding pass: 1 hour (60 minutes) before flight departure
- Time to reach the Departure Gate: 30 minutes before flight departure.
- Time at which the Door closes: 15 minutes before flight departure.
Note – Frontier Airlines flight changes are not permitted after passengers complete the check-in.
How to check in for Frontier flight?
Frontier Airlines check-in offers various easy and convenient ways to check in. Some of the popular methods include Online check in, Mobile check in, Airport check in, and kiosk check in.
Method 1. Frontier Airlines Online Check in
The passengers can request check in online up to 24 hours before the flight departure. The online portal closes 60 minutes before scheduled departure. Follow these steps to request Frontier check-in online –
- Visit the Frontier Airline’s website.
- Click on the “Check-in” option under My Trip.
- Enter the Last Name* and Confirmation Code*.
- After filling in the details, Click on, the SEARCH button.
- Now you see your bookings, Choose to upgrade the seats, Check your Bag, buy extra luggage, and more.
- Complete the process.
- The Airlines will send the boarding pass by email or make it available online.
- Download and print the boarding pass Frontier.
Tip: Online bag check-in costs less than bag check-in at the airport.
Method 2. Mobile Check-In
Make your travel experience with the free Frontier mobile app. Get Frontier’s free mobile app to check in and download your boarding pass easily. If you have your mobile boarding pass and no checked bags, skip the airport line and go straight to the gate.
Follow these steps to request Frontier check-in through the app –
- Download the Frontier Airlines application either from the Google/iOS Playstore.
- Tap the “Check-in” button.
- Fill in the booking details such as PNR code and last name to retrieve the booking.
- Select the flight segments to complete the check-in.
- Select seats, add baggage, and make a special request if any.
- Confirm the selection.
- After check-in confirmation, save the boarding pass on the device or print it for convenience.
- Passengers with a mobile boarding pass with just a carry-on can skip the queues at the airport and head to the departure gate directly.
Method 3. Airport Check-In
The passengers who did not complete the check-in process online can reach the Airport with their documents and details for check-in.
Frontier check-in offers Kiosk counters at the airport as well to guide the passengers who may require the necessary attention.
To initiate Frontier Airlines check in at the airport, follow these simple steps:
- Make sure to reach the airport 2 hours before the scheduled departure.
- Show the ticket and other travel documents at the counter.
- The agent will confirm the information and present the boarding pass.
- Submit the luggage for check-in at the counter. Your checked bag must adhere to the Frontier baggage guidelines.
- Inform the agent about requests like wheelchair assistance, and traveling with a pet, if required.
3.1 Kiosk Check-in
Automated kiosks are available at airports for passengers. To complete check-in with Kiosks,
- Present the confirmation code, last name of passengers, a government-approved ID, and passport.
- Swipe the credit card and gain access to your itinerary.
- The Kiosk also has other facilities like purchasing checked bags, upgrading your seats, and printing your Frontier boarding passes.
3.2. Priority Check-In
Frontier Airlines offer dedicated priority check-in lanes for people with one of the membership bundles with the Airlines.
- Priority check-in is available at the ticket counters for passengers with WORKS or PERKS bundles, Frontier Miles Elite level members, or those who have purchased a carry-on bag.
- The passengers can head to the ticket counter directly without being stuck in the long queues, showcase the boarding pass, and complete the check-in process.
Method 4. Live Chat
Live Chat is a popular method to solve queries with Frontier Airlines. The Live chat option is capable of tackling any concerns or issues that may arise for the customers.
Here is how you can connect with a Chat executive for Flight check-in.
- Click on “Live chat” on the website portal.
- Choose the required language.
- The chat box showcases the available options.
- Choose the “Flight check-in” option.
- Follow the on-screen guidelines to complete online check-in.
Method 5. Social Media
Social Media is a great way to connect with the Airlines as the Airlines share promotions, discounts, and excellent customer service via Social Media links.
You can find great solutions to your grievances or concerns by following Frontier Airlines Social media handles.
|Social Media Platform||Links|
What are the Frontier Airlines Boarding Zones?
Frontier Airlines advises the passengers to reach the airport timely as boarding may take 30-35 minutes before scheduled departure. The Frontier Boarding zones divides into based on membership and other facilities opted for by the airlines.
The Frontier Boarding zones are divided into Priority Boarding/ Zone 1 Boarding, Courtesy Boarding, and Zone 2, 3, and 4.
|Frontier Boarding Zones||Type of Passengers|
|Passengers with WORKS and PERKS bundles.|
Members of the Elite membership of Frontier Miles.Passengers who purchase a carry-on.
|Courtesy Boarding||Families traveling with small children (Under three years old).|
Passengers requiring additional time or special assistance like wheelchair assistance, unaccompanied minors, etc. Unaccompanied minors
2, 3, and 4
|The general public is split into Zones 2,3, and 4 in terms of rows, from back to front.|
Frontier Airlines strives to make the check-in process as convenient and seamless as possible while keeping the passengers’ best interests in mind. The different choices of check-in options is one of the ways they accomplish this.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How can I find out if I can check in using the self-service kiosk at Frontier?
You will be able to check in at an Automated Kiosk if:
1. You have an E-ticket.
2. Traveling without a pet/ service animal.
3. Not an unaccompanied minor.
What is the international check in time for Frontier flights?
The international Frontier flight check in time starts 24 hours before the flight departure and closes one hour before the scheduled time.
Could you please explain to me how Frontier Airlines assigns seats at check-in?
Passengers can know about the seat assignment on the check-in page. Choose and upgrade the seat assignment on the “My trips/Check-in” page.
Do you have to pay for a carry-on with Frontier?
Yes, carry-on baggage is not included in the fare and the passengers must buy it at the time of booking or after it.
Is it necessary to check in for my Frontier Airlines flight?
Yes, it is necessary to check in with the Airlines for Frontier Flight confirmation. Otherwise, the passengers can be denied boarding the aircraft.
What is the domestic check in time for Frontier flights?
The domestic flight check in time commences 24 hours before and the gate closes one hour before flight departure.
How to get a Frontier Airlines boarding pass?
Download the Frontier boarding pass via the website, mobile application, and Airport Kiosks. You must keep the confirmation code and the last name to complete the frontier boarding process.
How early can I check in for my Frontier flight?
The passengers can check in 24 hours before the scheduled flight departure.
Can I check my luggage with the mobile boarding pass?
Yes, the mobile boarding pass is allowed for baggage check by showing the pass at the Bag Drop counter.
Can I check in with a backpack on the frontier?
Yes. Backpacks must not exceed 24 x 10 x 16 in size and 35 lbs in weight.
What is zone 3 on Frontier Airlines?
Zone 3 is a boarding zone on Frontier Airlines. It is one of the last boarding zones, along with Zone 4. Passengers in Zone 3 are typically seated in the middle of the aircraft.
What is zone 4 on Frontier Airlines?
Zone 4 on Frontier Airlines is the last boarding zone. Passengers in Zone 4 will board the aircraft after all other boarding groups have boarded.
When do I check in for Frontier flight?
Frontier Airlines recommended you to arrive at least 2 hours before flight departure.
How early can you check in for a Frontier flight?
You can check-in up to 24 hours before flight departure (until 60 minutes before departure).
Do I need to print my boarding pass Frontier?
No, It is not necessary to print your boarding pass for Frontier. You can save your boarding pass to your mobile device or have it displayed at the gate.
How to get boarding pass Frontier?
You can get your boarding pass through three different ways -Online, Mobile, and Airport.
How to print boarding pass Frontier?
You can print your boarding pass when you check-in online with frontier airline.
Can you check in online for Frontier airlines?
Yes, to save your time, you can check-in online with Frontier Airlines.
When can you check in for Frontier flights?
You can check in Online at Frontier Airlines up to 24 hours prior to flight departure.