Being able to travel with animals to different destinations is an essential service offered by Spirit Airlines pet policy. This policy further highlights all the conditions applicable to their travel. It assists passengers in reserving a ticket for their animals. This facility is given for service pets too.
What are the Spirit Airlines Pet Guidelines?
This carrier has given the following set of Spirit Airlines pet guidelines:
- Pets can only be registered on tickets booked directly with this carrier.
- Domestic cats, dogs, birds, and rabbits will be allowed to travel.
- The animal must be healthy without any medical complications.
- It will be permitted if it can remain in the container during the trip.
- Give advance notice for the travel of an animal although this is not mandatory.
- Animals can travel only in the cabin and not in the hold.
- Follow the special baggage regulations when flying with companions.
- The policy rules for the arrival destination should also be kept in mind.
- All the animals must go through the security screening process.
- Passengers who book pet travel online will need to check in at the airport ticket counter.
To ensure that there is no breach of safety while transporting the animals, this airline has given certain limitations:
- On flights traveling to and from U.S.V.I. and Puerto Rico, birds are not permitted.
- No animals cannot be brought on international flights except service beings.
- Reptiles and exotic animals including spiders, rodents, and snakes are prohibited.
- They should not cause any threat to the passengers and their fellow pets.
- Any companion not meeting the required level of hygiene will be restricted.
- Boarding will be denied for those that get aggressive at the check-in gates.
- The Spirit Airlines pet travel facility cannot be accessed by latecomers.
- Restrictions imposed at the arrival airports are to be followed as well.
Is there a Spirit Airlines Pet in Cabin Policy?
An animal-in-cabin policy is formed by this carrier which works similarly to carry-ons. On Spirit Airlines, pets as carry ons are permitted to travel when abiding by these terms.
- The animals to be brought on board must be at least 8 weeks old.
- They must be fully and safely weaned.
- Ensure that they are able to travel in a container or crate.
- The owner must remain with the animal at all times.
- Special or extra attention should not be required.
- Foul-smelling beings will not be allowed inside the cabin.
- The animal should be able to fit in the allotted space.
- This Spirit Airlines pet in cabin policy doesn’t allow seats in the exit/first row.
- Animals will be counted separately as one carry-on baggage item.
- During disembarkment, passengers with companions should wait until everyone leaves.
- Each passenger can carry only one animal.
Restrictions to Note
Almost all domestic destinations facilitate pet travel except a few which will be informed at the time of making a reservation.
What is Spirit Airlines Pet Carrier Dimensions/Weight for Cabin?
All your furry companions must be kept in a crate that obeys the Spirit Airlines pet carrier dimensions and weight.
|40 lbs or 18.14 kg
|18″x14″x9″ (45.72cm x 35.56 cm x 22.86cm) in terms of length, width, and height
In case an animal is found to exceed this limit, flight cancellation of spirit airlines can occur.
Other Crate Requirements:
To get approval for transporting the animal in a Spirit Airlines pet carrier in the cabin, it should meet a few requirements.
- The container must be within the given size limits.
- It should be able to fit in the space given under the passenger seat.
- Only soft crates can be brought on board as Spirit Airlines approved pet carriers.
- A container that allows the animal to peep its head out will not be permitted.
- It is mandatory for the crate to be spacious and well-ventilated.
- The animal inside should not have any problem standing up or lying down.
- There can be 2 animals kept in 1 container if they can remain without fighting.
How Much is the Spirit Airlines Pet Fee?
You will be required to pay the Spirit Airline pet fee. It may or may not be fixed depending on the arrival destination:
- A fee of USD 125 per container is charged.
- This is only for one-way travel, not round-trip.
- Revocation charges, if any, will need to be paid separately.
- Service charges may not be included in this amount.
Is Spirit Airlines Pet Cargo Facility Given?
This carrier does not allow its customers to send animals as cargo luggage.
- Spirit Airlines pet cargo is not permitted at any time and for any animal.
- This applies to both international and domestic flights.
- Additionally, the transport of pets as checked baggage is not allowed.
What is Spirit Airlines Pet Policy for Service Dogs?
Spirit Airlines does allow the travel of service or assistance animals. They are an essential requirement for disabled passengers.
- Only dogs will be categorized as service animals.
- Each passenger can only travel with 2 dogs.
- Your animal must be professionally trained.
- The certificate for training should be presented.
- It should be identifiable from regular animals.
- For identification purposes, the service pet should wear a:
- ID card
- Harness provided at check-in Time of spirit airlines
- Emotional support and therapy animals do not come under this category.
- The Spirit Airlines pet policy for service dogs also includes psychiatric beings.
Traveling with Service Dogs to the US
When flying to the United States with service Spirit Airlines pets, the given points should be followed:
- The DOT form should be filled out.
- Submit it 48 hours before the trip.
- In case passengers are not able to submit the form online, bring it to the airport.
- Arrive at the airport a few hours before take-off as the form has to be checked.
- All the details should be correct.
- This form should be filled out on or after your ticket is purchased.
- You will be required to attach the rabies vaccination proof.
The Spirit Airlines pet policy restricts the travel of assisting animals that show these characteristics:
- Adequate proof cannot be provided that the animal is effectively trained.
- It exhibits aggressive behavior like barking, biting, or jumping.
- The animal requires to relieve itself on the plane.
- It is not properly groomed.
On Spirit Airlines, traveling with pets in the service category will be subject to the following seating rules:
- The dog must remain seated near the passenger seat.
- It cannot occupy any seat with a seat belt.
- The animal should not occupy space on the aisle.
- If your pet requires more space, additional seats can be purchased.
Only service animals will be allowed, owing to the following points of the Spirit Airlines pet policy international:
- When flying from these high-risk countries, it is mandatory to meet the CDC regulations:
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Extra documents might be required to get approved for international travel.
- It is mandatory to follow the crate requirements.
Service Animals in Training:
As per the pet policy of Spirit Airlines, service animals in training will not be accepted except therapy beings:
- These animals provide comfort and support to their owners.
- Their transport will only be accepted on the payment of a fee.
- All the DoT conditions should be met.
How to Book Spirit Airlines Pet Travel?
To book pet travel on Spirit Airlines, you can use the website of the airline or directly call the agents. Both these options will ensure effective results.
Method 1: Using the Website
It is quite easy to add your pet to the reservation through the site of the carrier. This can be accessed from your mobile too:
- Go to the website of the carrier.
- On the top of the homepage, you will find the “My Trips” section.
- Under the “Find My Trip” on the new redirected page, enter your details.
- These include “Last Name” and “Confirmation Code”.
- Click on the “Continue” button.
- Your flight should get retrieved.
- Opt for the flight to which you have to add your companion.
- Use the on-screen directions to manage your booking further.
Method 2: On Phone
In case you are looking to contact the airline’s agents to make the pet reservation, they will be available throughout the day at any point of the week:
Dial any of the following numbers to connect with them:
Once you are able to connect with the agent:
- You will be asked to provide all the required information for your flight.
- All the details of your animal like the age, breed, and gender should be presented.
- The agents of Spirit Airlines allow pets after checking their eligibility.
- When it is deemed eligible, pay the necessary charges.
Solving Doubts through Social Media
You may have any minor queries regarding the Spirit Airlines pet in cabin/cargo policy. Reach out to the authorities at their social media handles to solve them.
On the whole, the Spirit Airlines pet policy enables different passengers to carry their companions without the slightest bit of hassle. It clearly describes all the important rules and regulations so that no one is left with any kind of confusion.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Spirit Airlines charge for pets?
The pet travel fee on this carrier is 125 USD per way.
Does Spirit Airlines allow pets?
Yes, this carrier allows animals on board.
Does Spirit Airlines charge for pets?
A charge is applicable to travel with your companion.
Can pets fly on Spirit Airlines?
The Spirit Airline pet policy allows in-cabin animals to fly.
Can you bring pets on Spirit Airlines?
Pets can be brought to this carrier if the required conditions are properly met.
Does Spirit Airlines allow pets on board?
Yes, this carrier accepts pets on board.
Is Spirit Airlines pet friendly?
This carrier is pet friendly and permits different breeds of animals.
Does Spirit Airlines allow pets in the cabin?
Bringing pets on Spirit Airlines is permitted inside the cabin.
How to add a pet on Spirit Airlines?
You can use the “My Trips” section on this airline’s website to add your companion.