The Delta Airlines cancellation policy comes into play when you want to revoke your flights. Its main objective is to highlight the significant aspects of flight reversals. Additionally, it gives the essential rules that travelers have to obey to successfully undo their bookings.
- Terms and Conditions for Flight Cancellation on Delta
- Delta Airlines 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
- Delta Main Cabin Cancellation Policy
- Cancellation Policy for Delta SkyMiles
- Revoking Trips during COVID-19
- When should You Cancel Your Flight Tickets on Delta?
- How to Cancel Delta Flights?
- Method 1: Online Flight Reversals
- Method 2: Canceling Flights via Call
- Method 3: Requests through Social Media
- Reservation Assistance by Language
- Fees for Canceling Flights on Delta Airlines
- Revoking Your Ticket for Free
- Policy for Flights Canceled by Delta
- No-Show Policy of the Airline
- Compensation for Flights Canceled by Delta
- Refund for Delta Airlines Flight Cancellation
- Requesting for Refunds
- Checking Your Refund Request’s Status
- Revocations and eCredits for Basic Economy
- Policy for Rebooking Flights
Terms and Conditions for Flight Cancellation on Delta
Customers trying to avail of the reversal feature must oblige to the carrier’s distinct conditions. They help in preserving the privacy of the users while maintaining their security.
The following are the important conditions highlighted under the Delta cancellation policy:
- The option to reverse a ticket will be open for a few hours before departure.
- This is seen when you’ve made your reservation 1 week prior to the flight schedule.
- Both domestic and international flights can be revoked.
- The revocation rules for international/domestic flights can differ.
- When reversal is not available, there might be an option to change your flight.
- You can check the carrier’s official site for more information.
- The following can help decide who is eligible for Delta flight cancellations:
- Travel itinerary
- Departure destination
- Time of request
- Tickets officially bought are eligible for name changes if this is the reason for discontinuation.
- When no reversals are made before the departure, the ticket will lose its value.
- If a ticket is bought after/on 31st March 2021, it should be revoked before departing.
The eligibility details can be updated on the official site from time to time. You can check them to know whether the option is available to you.
Delta Airlines 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
Passengers looking to reverse their refundable/non-refundable reservations within twenty-four hours of the initial booking can use the Delta 24-hour cancellation feature. Under this policy, all ticket fares can be revoked.
- Basic Economy fares are deemed eligible for reversals within these hours of booking.
- Upon exceeding these, you will not be able to undo these Basic Economy tickets.
- Even domestic and international flights can be revoked within twenty-four hours.
- Refunds are provided when you do so and are processed within 24 hours.
- You have to pay no fee in accordance with the Delta Airlines 24 hour cancellation policy.
As per the review of Delta Airlines, this feature can also be utilized when you wish to discontinue your journey immediately after the booking.
Delta Main Cabin Cancellation Policy
You can purchase a non-refundable ticket in this carrier’s Main Cabin. When you revoke this ticket, you may not receive its amount in cash. The Delta Main Cabin cancellation policy directs that a refund will be available in the form of credits.
- A flier can use these credits to reserve a new ticket in the future.
- The same policy applies to tickets that are purchased in cabins above this one.
- Delta Main Cabin and the above fares can be revoked at no cost for these locations:
- Within USVI, the U.S., and Puerto Rico
- From the Caribbean, the U.S., Europe, Canada, and Africa
For other locations, the charges can be $99 or above.
Cancellation Policy for Delta SkyMiles
SkyMiles is the loyalty program of this air operator. Members of this program get points that they can use to obtain awards. These awards can later be redeemed to buy tickets and upgrade to First and Business classes. The revocation policy for Delta SkyMiles is applicable for any such changes under this program.
To discontinue your ticket use the online option:
- Log in to your official “SkyMiles” account on the site.
- Then access the details of your trip.
- View the option to revoke it.
- Follow any other prompts emerging on your screen.
Using the Delta cancellation policy for SkyMiles, you can revoke your ticket offline too.
- Call the SkyMiles number at 800-323-2323.
- Mention your details and request the agent for discontinuation.
- The procedure will be initiated and completed soon.
Canceling Basic Economy and Award Bookings
Fliers can invest in Basic Economy and Basic Economy Award Tickets. Both cannot be refunded in numerous situations. But they can be revoked before the point of departure. By doing so, people can get partial eCredits. However, reversal fees will be deducted from the same.
Given that you are discontinuing an Award Ticket in the same fare type, you can pay for the service in miles. Then the leftover mileage points will be credited to the flier’s account for SkyMiles.
In case you are paying in miles, you should check the following:
|Type of Travel||Charges in Miles for Basic Economy|
|Domestic (Within Canada and the U.S.)||9,900|
Note: You can utilize eCredits to purchase new reservations.
Revoking Trips during COVID-19
In view of the pandemic, flights operating in the containment zones can get frequently reversed. For this, you can check the Delta COVID cancellation policy guidelines by connecting with the carrier.
When should You Cancel Your Flight Tickets on Delta?
Different obligations may lead a traveler to the decision of flight reversal. Any modifications in the travel plan at the last moment can also affect your journey. Sometimes, unavoidable circumstances may cause you to do so.
For this reason, being aware of the prospective causes of Delta Airlines ticket cancellations can help you structure your plan more efficiently.
- Lack of proper planning
- Change in the departure location
- Problems with the reservation of connecting flights
- Urgencies in work
- Family emergencies
- No-show at the airport
- Accidents and injuries
- Exceeding the Delta Airlines luggage limits.
The most viable option in any of the above-mentioned instances is to go for flight reversals. The Delta Airlines cancellation policy does not discriminate based on the reason for ticket reversals.
How to Cancel Delta Flights?
This airline gives several methods to enable last-minute, 24-hour, and immediate reversals after flight reservations. These include both online and offline options. You can select the option you find the most convenient, based on your requirement.
The following are the 2 main methods you can use:
- Through the online site
- Using social media
- Via customer assistance
The other way of using the Delta cancel reservation feature is through its app.
Method 1: Online Flight Reversals
One of the easiest ways to undo your flight is by using the online method. For this, you can use the official site of the airline or its mobile app. You can select this online mode mainly for international Delta flight cancellations, whether or not the tickets are refundable.
Note: You can use this method when the departure period of your flight has not been crossed.
This step-by-step online procedure is elaborated here:
- Open your browser.
- Go to the official link of the airline.
- Log in to your “SkyMiles” account.
- Otherwise, you can simply sign in on the site as a regular customer.
- Now, on the home page, visit the “My Trips” section.
- You will have to enter your details now including:
- “Confirmation Number”
- “First Name”
- “Last Name”.
Note: You can find your “Confirmation Number” on the “Flight Receipt” that will be emailed to you upon your initial booking. Should you be unable to obtain this number, then you can use the option to find your trip by the “Credit/Debit Card” or “Ticket Number”.
- Submit these details by clicking on the arrow icon to your right.
- This will redirect you to the “Trip Details” page.
- Here, retrieve your flight booking.
- Then select the ticket you want to revoke.
- Hit the “Modify Flight” button to further use the Delta Airlines cancellation policy.
- You will now have to choose whether you wish to have a reservation modified or reversed.
- For discontinuations, select the “Start Flight Cancellation” option.
- The site will provide on-screen instructions for you to cancel Delta flights.
- Follow these instructions.
- Confirm your trip’s revocation and you can proceed to request a refund.
An equivalent process can be followed for reversals using the mobile app. You will have to similarly give your details and access revocation on the application.
Note: It is important to know that the online Delta cancel flight option may not be available on the tickets booked for travel from Mexico.
Method 2: Canceling Flights via Call
In some instances, calling the airline can be preferred to revoke your booking. Under this option, you can directly connect with the officials and make a request. This offline option is the most beneficial for reversals at the last minute under the Delta Airlines cancellation policy.
You can call the following numbers to connect with the agents of the carrier:
|800-221-1212 or, 800-325-1999||In general|
|800-241-4141||For international users|
Note: The customer care unit will be open 24 hours, 7 days a week. Therefore, you can connect with them anytime without hesitation.
Method 3: Requests through Social Media
A flier can request reversals through its social media profiles.
|Social Media Platforms||Social Media Handles|
Once you reach the officials of this carrier through these phone numbers, inform them of your requirement for flight reversals. You will be asked to give information about your flight like the:
- Confirmation number
- Passenger’s full name
- Ticket number
As soon as the agent is able to locate your reservation, the trip reversal procedure will be initiated. To confirm the action, you may be required to pay additional charges, if necessary. Finally, you will receive an email at your registered ID informing about the same.
Note: After your flight is revoked, you can either apply for a refund or rebook your next flight.
Reservation Assistance by Language
The reversal facility of this carrier comes with various guidelines and pieces of information. Nevertheless, when any queries are still unresolved, you can get assistance.
To clear them or learn more about the Delta Airlines cancellation policy, use the information below:
|Other U.S. & Canada Contact Information||Spanish (En Español) – 800-511-9629Japanese/Chinese – 800-327-2850|
|Kenya||254 20 4445500254 20 4445504254 20 2597800|
|South Africa||0027 (0) 11 408 8200 (Office)0027 (0) 86 001 8040 (Office)0027 (0) 11 388 2584 (Fax)|
|China||400-120-2364Help is available in English & Mandarin 24 hours/day, 7 days/weekFor Assistance in Cantonese:8.00 A.M. – 8.00 P.M., Monday to Saturday8.00 A.M. – 5.00 P.M., Sunday|
|India||1 800 123-6645|
|Japan||0570-077733Assistance in Japanese: 9.00 A.M. – 8.00 P.M., 7 days a weekHelp in English 24 hours a day, 7 days every week|
|Singapore||65-6336-3371Aid is given 24 hours/day, 7 days/week|
|Thailand||662 2535169Assistance accessible in Thai and English 8.00 A.M. – 5.00 P.M., Monday-Friday|
|Belgium||32 (0) 2 620 0183|
|Czech Republic||420 2 2543 9798|
|France||33 (0) 9 69 39 17 79|
|Germany||49 (0)6 929 993 771|
|Italy||39 02 3859 1451|
|Norway||47 220 017 01|
|Spain||34 913 75 41 46|
|Switzerland||41 848 000 872|
|United Kingdom||44 (0)207 660 0767|
|Panama||214-8118Other Cities – 00800-560-0041|
|United Arab Emirates||Abu Dhabi 9712-671-3033Dubai 9714-397-0118|
Tip: For additional numbers, check the “Help Center” on the authorized website.
Fees for Canceling Flights on Delta Airlines
In case you are choosing to discontinue a trip, you may have to pay the Delta cancel flight fee. The amount of this depends on various factors. These include:
- Travel destination
- Ticket type
- Cabin class
When a trip originates in Korea, revocation charges will apply and can be confirmed by the air operator. For others, the charges are as follows:
|Origin Point of a Trip||Cancellation Fee|
|In Canada, the U.S., or to Mexico, the Caribbean, and Central America (International)||$99|
Note: For locations outside of the Caribbean and North/Central/South America, the charge can be $0-400.
Basic Economy fliers should be aware of the following:
|Origin Point||Cancellation Fees for Basic Economy|
|Canada, the United States, the US Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico (Domestic)||$99|
|The U.S., Puerto Rico, Canada, or the U.S. Virgin Islands (International)||$99|
When you have a reservation in the Main Cabin, its reversal fee can be as follows:
|Origin Point||Reversal Cost for Main Cabin|
|Central America or Canada, the U.S., The U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico (Main Cabin & Above)||$200|
|The United Kingdom||None|
Note: The above-shown amounts can differ in international currencies.
Delta Flight Cancellation Fee by Fare Type
The basic outline of the reversal charges as per varying fare types is highlighted below:
|Time Period||Basic Economy Tickets||Non-refundable Ticket Originating within North America||Non-refundable Ticket Originating outside of North America||Refundable/Flex Tickets|
|Within 24 hours of ticket booking||Free of charge||No Charge||Free of charge||Free of charge|
|After 24 hours of ticket booking||Remaining value subtracting USD 99-199 reversal fee||Remaining value subtracting USD 0-400 discontinuation charge||Remaining value subtracting USD 0-400 revocation charge||Refundable|
|Within 24 hours of flight departure||Remaining value subtracting USD 99-199 discontinuation fee||Remaining value subtracting USD 0-400 revocation charge||Remaining value subtracting USD 0-400 reversal charge||Refundable|
Delta Vacations Cancellations and Fees
On purchasing AIRFARE tickets, regardless of the days left before you depart, the fee is waived. But you need to book through 1st May 2021-31st December 2022. After departing, no value is left.
When buying these tickets with facilities, the following fees can apply:
|Facility||11 to 30 Days before Leaving||0 to 3 Days before Departure||4 to 10 days Before Leaving||31/More Days before Departing|
|Hotel/flight or only hotel with AIR (except Sandal Resorts, Beaches Resorts & Grand Pineapple Resorts)||$100||Not refundable||$200 (Canada/the U.S.)$400 (Others)||None|
|Hotel/flight or hotel excluding AIR (except Sandal Resorts, Beaches Resorts & Grand Pineapple Resorts)||$100||Can’t be refunded||$200 (Canada or the U.S.)$400 (Others)||$50|
|Refundable Services||No fee||Not refundable||No fee||–|
Certain charges apply to all destinations but some are location-specific. For other details, you can dial 1-800-800-1504.
Revoking Your Ticket for Free
Sometimes, you can also avoid the payment of revocation charges. For this offer, you can access the Delta 24 hr cancellation facility. If you succeed in discontinuing your flight within this no-risk period, then the additional charges will be waived.
Free reversals are possible in other cases too:
- Main Cabin fliers do not have to pay a cost.
- Even for the cabins above this one, the same benefit is available.
- The above 2 provisions apply when the trips originate via the following locations:
- The U.S. or United States
Note: In certain locations, however, people with Premium and Main Cabin fares may not receive such an advantage.
- From 20th October 2022 onward, fees are also not involved when the trips originate from:
- The Caribbean
Waivers to Save Revocation Costs
Passengers can access waivers when their trips originate in Israel, Asia, India, and Oceania. Locations like Bangladesh, Australia, Guam, Singapore, Papua New Guinea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, China, Mongolia, Nepal, New Zealand, Indonesia, South Korea, Japan, Palau, Thailand, and the Philippines are also included.
Using these waivers, people can revoke their flights without paying fees.
Policy for Flights Canceled by Delta
Apart from the reversals done on the passengers’ part, sometimes, the airline itself declares its flights as revoked. This mainly happens due to weather conditions that do not support flying.
The other reasons why Delta cancels flights are listed below:
- Storms, rains, and extreme cloud cover
- Delay of flights
- Problems at the receiving airport
- Runway difficulties
- Take-off issues
- Damaged aircraft
- Emergency safety issues
- Technical and mechanical errors
- Overbooking of flights
Note: 30 minutes after receiving status-related information, you will be informed.
No-Show Policy of the Airline
You will be declared as a no-show flier when you don’t mark your arrival. This can also happen when you do not reverse your trip. Otherwise, its value will be lost. The other fights belonging to the same itinerary will also be discontinued.
Compensation for Flights Canceled by Delta
In cases of flight delays and discontinuations, the airline will provide you with reimbursement. The Delta flight canceled compensation can include the following:
- Rebook an alternative flight
- Provide Wi-Fi/food/hotel stays
- Store your amount in the form of eCredit for future use
When delayed by 120 minutes, you can get a refund. For more help, you can ask the airline for a form, fill it in, and submit it.
Refund for Delta Airlines Flight Cancellation
The Delta Airlines refund policy provides for an amount upon the successful revocation of flights. However, you can only request it on refundable tickets. Non-refundable fares will not be eligible for potential money-back in most cases.
Tip: You can check whether your ticket is refundable or not on the official site at the time of booking.
In addition to the above, the following conditions also apply:
- Certain tickets are non-refundable, for example – Basic Economy.
- For trips that originate in Korea, refunds are available.
- In the above case, the money will be given in the original payment form.
- Sky Priority members can seek refunds for unused non-refundable fares.
- Non-refundable tickets can be refunded in the case of the death of:
- His/her family member
- In this case, share documentation to the carrier’s “Passenger Refunds Department”.
- The credits/amount can be processed in 7 working days.
- Your amount can be reflected in 2 cycles on debit or credit cards.
- Credits can be checked on the site, according to the Delta Airlines refund policy.
- Ticket holders who paid in cash can find the amount processed in 20 days.
- The processing time is longer in the case of international tickets.
Requesting for Refunds
When preferring the offline mode, you can dial 800-847-0578 (Within Canada/the U.S.) to raise a request. Or, you can go for a Delta request refund for a discontinued flight through the following steps:
- Connect with the “Delta Reservation Sales”.
- Provide necessary details to the agent regarding the:
- Date of your trip’s reversal
- Flight details
- The eligibility of your ticket
- Make an official request for a refund.
- It will be processed soon.
- The amount will be credited to you through your preferred payment option.
For an online request, you can log in to the official site of the carrier. Go to the Refund section and fill in the application form. Mention all the required information and follow the on-screen directions to make your request.
Checking Your Refund Request’s Status
Prefer using your account on the website of this airline to find out the status of your refund request. Otherwise, you can connect with it on call to get information.
|Refund Status Phone Number||Location|
|800-847-0578||Within Canada Or, the United States|
|404-715-5417||Within AtlantaOut of the U.S./Canada|
Revocations and eCredits for Basic Economy
In the case of Basic Economy or Basic Economy Award Tickets, after you revoke a trip and pay for the service, there may be some fare value left. It will be provided to you in the form of:
- Refund (depending on the payment form)
- Or, Delta eCredit
Note: These credits are usually valid for 1 year, beginning from the point of purchase.
How the value will be given back will depend on the following, as per the Delta flight cancellation policy:
- The conditions observed at the time of reversal
- Your fare type
Note: You may not receive eCredits when your fare’s value exceeds the revocation charge.
Policy for Rebooking Flights
After ensuring the below-given conditions, you can visit your profile on the website of the airline and rebook a ticket:
- When your reservation expires in the year 2022, you can rebook it.
- This can be done between 31st December 2023 and 2024.
The Delta Airlines cancellation policy is an inclusive feature catering to the needs of customers worldwide. It not only helps passengers with in-flight reversals but also provides refunds and compensation. Thus, it offers the utmost convenience to them.
Frequently Asked Questions
On revoking a trip, you can’t continue flying but can seek a refund.
In certain situations, it can waive the charge to reverse a flight.
You can reach out to the “Help Center” of the carrier to discontinue a booking.
Yes, within twenty-four hours of ticket purchases, it is possible to access free revocations.
Get in touch with the “Reservation Sales” department to request refunds.
While you reserve a flight, you will be able to know whether it is refundable.
The fee to undo a booking can begin from $99 onward.
You may be able to reverse a reservation on the day your flight departs.
Passengers can easily revoke their flights. Refunds are available in most situations.
The risk-free reversal policy aids you in discontinuing flights at no cost.
Depending on the origin point of flights, fees are waived.
You can ask for eCredits, refunds, or other flights when your trip is revoked.
Any non-refundable ticket can be canceled from the website of this company.
The fees to reverse flights vary and can range between $99 and $400.
When the airline undoes your booking, immediately contact it and ask for a refund.
You can dial 800-847-0578 or 404-715-5417 to confirm the status of your refund.
As per the circumstances, you can have your amount back after discontinuing a journey.
Contact this airline and request a form. When the document is submitted, reimbursements are received.
Yes, in most instances, this carrier provides refunds to its customers.
The amount can be processed within twenty-four hours but it will be received within 7 to 20 days.
In case an event compels the airline to revoke your flight, within 30 minutes of confirmation, it can inform you.
The recent policy guides travelers to discontinue their trips after following all the regulations.
Passengers can find a twenty-four-hour reversal policy with this operator.
People having refundable or non-refundable tickets can use this policy.
When you have a Basic Economy ticket, you can revoke it within twenty-four hours of its purchase.
Yes, you can find the benefit of a refund as a part of this policy.
This policy can let you reverse a booking without paying any costs.
You can get accommodation, substitute flights, and other such benefits as compensation.
Yes, travelers can enjoy a Main Cabin reversal policy with this air operator.
The Delta cancellation policy gives the main rules and conditions regarding the reversal of flights.
Yes, the Delta 24 hour cancellation policy is available.
You can obtain refunds when your flights are revoked.
To cancel Delta flights online, please open the carrier’s main website and use “My Trips”.
The flights booked with awards and SkyMiles can be reversed.
Revocation fees can range between $99 and $200.
You can immediately book another flight to reach your destination when the carrier revokes it.
You will be compensated when the operator discontinues your trip.
Yes, if you revoke your flights in advance, then you can request a refund.
Passengers are permitted to reverse their reservations within 24 hours of their booking.
The Delta 24 hr cancellation facility comes with a time-related limitation. After crossing it, its use will not be permitted.
The airline has surely made a good policy with all the rules defined. Also, this is one of the carriers with which I never face issues largely. But it has so many rules and then following all of them is also vital. Other than these rules, the Delta flight cancellation policy has been useful. I was able to claim a refund as well and not pay the cancellation fee either because of timely action.
It is great to find that this airline has made a 24-hour policy. I don’t prefer investing in refundable tickets because I hardly ever cancel my bookings. And these tickets are costly too. But there was this one time when I again had a non-refundable ticket and some emergency shoot-up in my family. I was lucky enough to have canceled it within 24 hours. The Delta cancellation policy of 24 hours is super flexible. The cancellation process also didn’t take much time. I don’t know whether this policy was there before as well. But now that I know about it, it is going to be quite convenient to travel with Delta in the future.
I was able to cancel my flight when my health was not very good. I called up the staff. The representative was very helpful and made cancellation a whole lot easier for me. But I had made a booking in the Economy class. Considering that the class provides a decent experience the Delta cancellation fee charged seemed to be high. Only if the fee is revised, then is the perfect and most reliable airline for me.
I had genuine reasons due to which I had to cancel my flight with Delta within 24 hours. Under Delta cancellation policy 24 hours I was able to apply for a full refund without paying a penny. How cool is that! I put Delta Airlines on the top when recommending flight to anyone. Delta clearly has never disappointed me.