In the event that you cannot go further with a Lufthansa flight, consider revoking it. With the utilization of the Lufthansa Airlines cancellation policy, you get the option to do so. It secures the cost of your booking in possible situations through a refund. Otherwise, the policy compensates you, depending on certain terms.
- Rules for Flight Ticket Cancellation
- Lufthansa Flight Cancellation Policy within 24 Hours
- When can You Discontinue Your Trips?
- How to Revoke Your Tickets Online?
- Offline Flight Reversals on Lufthansa
- Lufthansa Airlines Refund Policy
- How can You Get a Refund on Flight Cancellation?
- Who can Request Refunds on this Airline?
- Conditions to Ensure Before Claiming Full Refunds on Lufthansa
- Situations that can Generate Partial Refunds
- Refund Information for Flights Canceled by the Carrier
- Lufthansa Airlines Cancelled Flights Policy
- Compensation on Cancelled Flights
- Help Regarding Cancellation Queries
Rules for Flight Ticket Cancellation
There are 4 essential flight cancellation rules to know. They can help fliers regardless of the travel class or fare.
- You need to revoke your booking before your flight departs.
- Cancellation charges may be applied or deducted from refunds.
- Various types of tickets can be reversed including refundable and non-refundable.
- However, benefits such as refunds and compensation are not assured in every case.
Lufthansa Flight Cancellation Policy within 24 Hours
This airline enables you to undo your bookings. You can do so on the same day as that of the reservation, that is, within twenty-four hours. On Lufthansa, when you cancel your ticket within 24 hours, you can ask for a refund too. Kindly submit your request online.
Note: Its amount may vary, as per the terms of the airline.
When can You Discontinue Your Trips?
The recent pandemic can be one of the reasons to not continue with air journeys. Likewise, medical and political crises can influence your decision.
You may also reverse your bookings on Lufthansa due to these reasons:
- Numerous changes in the travel plan.
- Death in the flier’s family
- Personal problems
- Natural calamities
How to Revoke Your Tickets Online?
To undo a booking on this airline, please use the website. To use your account on it, you will need your Booking Code and Last Name. This is provided that you are the customer willing to cancel the ticket.
Know further through the steps added below:
- Open the page for “My Bookings”.
- This will take you to the login section. Access your account.
- Then view the summary of reservations.
- On this list, check whether your current booking mentions “Cancellation”.
- If yes, then hit this tab.
- You will have to confirm your decision.
- As soon as you confirm it, ensure that you get an email from Lufthansa.
Offline Flight Reversals on Lufthansa
You may not find a cancelled flight contact number for this airline. As of now, its centers may be experiencing a big number of calls. Hence, online reversals are suggested. Otherwise, as per the airline, you can move to its pages for Entry Requirements or Help and Contact. You may possibly get some help here.
Note: For related queries only that are otherwise not officially clarified by Lufthansa, you can dial +1800-645 38 80 (USA). Other location-specific numbers are available on the website.
Fees Applicable for Ticket Reversals
As a flier of this company, you can revoke your ticket. But it may be subject to a fee. You should pay it after confirming the same from the carrier. Hence, to learn about the Lufthansa reservation cancellation fee, prefer calling it on its official phone number.
Note: For award tickets, the fee for canceling is €50 which is subject to changes.
In general, the following can indicate the costs charged:
|Ticket Type||Charges (in USD)|
|Economy Basic Plus I||300|
|Premium Economy Basic Plus II||500|
|Business Basic Plus II||500|
|First Basic Plus||500|
|First Basic Plus II||750|
|Secure Your Fare||60|
Lufthansa Airlines Refund Policy
The Lufthansa ticket refund policy works when you are eligible for this advantage. It hints at the deductions, the mode of getting the money back, etc. To understand further, please go through these points:
- You can make a refund request depending on your ticket’s kind.
- Your eligibility will matter before you place this request. To find this:
- Open the email that confirmed your reservation.
- Head to “Fare Conditions” in this.
- Check the terms to know the category of your ticket: refundable or non-refundable.
- In case the ticket is used or is susceptible to taxes/charges, deductions may be made from the refund amount.
- To credit this, the airline will prefer the payment mode selected by a traveler while booking.
- The receiving date of the amount may not be clearly defined. But when requests are more, it can take longer.
- You may use this policy amidst coronavirus revocations. Refunds will be based on whether or not your ticket is used.
In Case of Medical Emergencies
You may discontinue your flight due to reasons involving sickness/death of:
- A fllier
- His/her companion in traveling
- A family member of the flier
To proceed with refunds in such cases, you can provide your documents. Or, they can be submitted on your behalf. Kindly use the following details to do so:
|Lufthansa German AirlinesAttention: Ticketing Refunds||1400 RXR Plaza, West TowerUniondale, NY 11556|
How can You Get a Refund on Flight Cancellation?
Lufthansa’s refund policy gives you 2 ways to get your money. While the first one is an automatic process, the other one is manual. Hence, the time to receive your ticket’s value can vary.
Option 1: Using Your Account
It will be best if this method is performed by a flier whose ticket is canceled. This is because the approach requires accurate details. Otherwise, prior to executing it, make sure that the right information of a flight is in hand.
- Start by signing in to your account on “Lufthansa”.
- Then find the section called “My Bookings”.
- Choose the tab “Flight Details”.
- Find the option to place a refund request.
Option 2: Through the Refund Form
On Lufthansa, form submission, in this case, is a manual approach. The document will reach the center of this operator. Here, it will be processed. After you have understood this, please perform the steps mentioned below.
- Via your browser, please find the “Lufthansa Refund Form”.
- Select the official link.
- As you scroll down this link, you can find a checkbox under “Booking Cancelled”.
- Ensure that this box is ticked.
- Then come to “General Information”.
- Here, provide the details from your title to your phone number.
- Move to the “Flight Booking” section.
- Add the details of your flight.
- Mention whether or not this ticket has been used.
- Then tap on “Submit”.
Tip: When you have queries while doing the procedure above, please see “Chat Assistant Service” below the said form. This facility can also help you get your money back.
Who can Request Refunds on this Airline?
In accordance with the Lufthansa booking cancellation policy, not every customer may get or apply for refunds. The limitations associated with this are explained below.
- You can seek your amount online when:
- The ticket was bought online.
- It was purchased via this airline’s office.
Note: In this case, the money will be auto-received.
When the purchases were made via other platforms/bodies, you can connect with the same.
Conditions to Ensure Before Claiming Full Refunds on Lufthansa
Some flyers can expect complete refunds after revoking their flights. One condition is that the action to discontinue a booking was taken early in 24 hours. Otherwise, you can get the entire amount when:
- A replacement was not given.
- The time to depart was:
- Preponed for more than 1 hour.
- Postponed by 2 or more hours.
- Changes were made in the time to depart.
Situations that can Generate Partial Refunds
You may have utilized your booking partially. Then, after an intended reversal, you can get some of the amount returned. Or else, in medical situations too, you may get this back.
Refund Information for Flights Canceled by the Carrier
Given that the carrier has revoked your booking, you can use the online approach to ask for a refund. You may also contact the party through which you reserved a flight to get help in this regard.
Lufthansa Airlines Cancelled Flights Policy
This carrier may discontinue flights due to vital reasons. Its canceled flight policy hints that passengers should know their rights in this situation. They can refer to Regulation (EC) No 261/2004. This has been effective from 2005 onward.
For the following customers/situations, this regulation is useful:
- The above-given is for fliers whose:
- Trips originate from the Member States of the European Union.
- Bookings are via an EU-based carrier (Lufthansa in this case) and are destined for this region.
- They should not have received aid or compensation.
- Their reservations are confirmed.
- Check-in was timely done.
- They were traveling on a public fare.
Tip: In case Lufthansa revoked your trip due to overbooking, get in touch with it for assistance.
Compensation on Cancelled Flights
Lufthansa can help you when it cancels your booking. This is provided that the trip was confirmed. It will provide you with compensation which can differ in form. These forms include:
- Measures for care
- Routing your flight again
- A reimbursement
Otherwise, in cash, Lufthansa’s cancelled flights’ compensation can be as follows:
|Flight Distance (km)||Amount Offered (€)|
|From 1500 to 3500||400|
|Above 1500 in Europe||400|
Limitations on Receiving Your Compensation
In sync with the said regulation, this air operator may not compensate when it already updated you about flight reversal nearly 14 days from take-off. Likewise, more situations can limit you from obtaining this benefit.
- The Lufthansa flight cancellation compensation is not provided in any extraordinary situation like:
- Bad weather.
- An unsafe condition for flying.
- A political problem.
- You were updated:
- 7-14 days in advance about the discontinuation and the departure is not beyond 2 hours of the planned time.
- Within 7 days from leaving and the departure isn’t more than 1 hour prior to the set schedule.
Note: To know further about when you are/aren’t eligible for this, please check “Application for Compensation” on the official site of the carrier.
Help Regarding Cancellation Queries
This airline tries to inform you about its relevant terms when you have to revoke your flights. Provided that you have any queries that are not covered in its policy, you can use certain phone numbers to reach its centers. They are specific to some regions or countries.
|Argentina||(+54 11 39915953)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Angola||(+244 222 311 153)||email@example.com|
|Brazil||(+55 11 3878 8151)|
(+55 21 3500 1471)
|Germany||(+49 (0) 69 86 799 799)|
|Iran||(+98 21 83388|
Fax: +98 21 88104654)
|Iraq||(+964 750 302 1112)|
(+964 750 302 1114)
|India||1800 102 5838*|
*toll free within India
within Japan; service language: Japanese and English
*from abroad; service language: Japanese and English
+971-4389 8471 from abroad
|Turkey||(+90-212 375 59 32)|
|Ukrain||(+38-089 324 09 96)|
|United Kingdom||(+44-371 945 9747*)|
From within the UK only.
(+44-371 945 9124, baggage tracing)
|USA||(+1-800 – 645 38 80)|
Note: There are more locations in which specific contact numbers are available. Information regarding this can be obtained from the carrier’s “Help and Contact” page.
Prior to dialing these numbers, please be aware that calling charges can be applicable. Language options may also differ.
Deutsche Lufthansa AG outlines a simple policy to reverse flights. The clearer its terms are to you, the better utilization will take place. Thus, your ease while revoking tickets will be ensured.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Lufthansa cancellation policy within 24 hours caters to the passengers who want to cancel their flights within the said hours of booking.
To cancel your reservations on this carrier, connect with the customer care unit at its toll-free number.
The Lufthansa refund policy provides for refunds on canceled flights.
Yes, the airline does allow revocations after the initial 24 hours of booking.
Usually, the Lufthansa cancellation fee depends on the time of the request. The charges can be $39 for normal tickets.
When your flight has been canceled by the airline, you will have the right to receive compensation.
For revocations done by the passenger, a confirmation email will be sent verifying that the ticket has been canceled.
To get a full refund on your flight, you will have to avail of reversals within 24 hours.
This airline tries to provide quick refunds for Lufthansa canceled flights. On revocations of tickets made by credit card, the amount can be refunded within 7 business days. On tickets purchased through cash or check, you can expect a refund within 20 days.
Other than the flyers of the Economy class, canceling tickets and seeking refunds is possible.
The Lufthansa refund policy guides that you can check the section called “Manage Booking”. From here, make a request for a refund on your canceled flight.
Yes, the Lufthansa 24-hour cancellation policy is available.
The Lufthansa cancel flight option within 24 is made available by this airline to revoke tickets.
During this risk-free period, Lufthansa cancellation within 24 hours can be allowed on the same day.
The Lufthansa flight cancellation policy has been provided by the airline.
In this case, the Lufthansa Airlines cancellation policies enable you to access a refund.
The exact Lufthansa cancellation fee depends on the flight itinerary and the arrival destination.
Full refunds can be availed on refundable fares. Also, as per the Lufthansa Airlines refund policy, full refunds will be given when no part of the ticket has been used by the passenger.
The risk-free reversal policy of this airline is a feature that possibly charges no to less revocation fee.
For passengers with Award tickets, this fee is around USD 50. The Lufthansa flight cancellation fee in other cases can be directly learned from the carrier.
You can only avoid the fee if you utilize the Lufthansa cancellation within 24 hours option.
You can cancel your ticket at the airport, as per the Lufthansa flight cancellation policy.
Generally, you might be allowed to cancel your flights up until a few hours before boarding.
Yes, you will get a refund when you have canceled Lufthansa’s refundable tickets.
According to the Lufthansa Airlines cancellation policies, it might take longer for you to receive this refund in some cases
Refunds may not be available on non-refundable tickets. You will be subject to the payment of the full Lufthansa cancellation fee in such a case.
To get this number, you must visit the “Help and Contact” page on the official site of the carrier. You will now be able to get the correct number given under the Lufthansa cancellation policy.
You can claim a refund through the official site of the airline, post-revocation. Your flight ticket will be refunded after the payment of a part of the Lufthansa ticket cancellation fee.
Yes, you can contact the officials of the carrier to know whether your ticket is refundable or not.
You may not find any such form to file for compensation but for checking eligibility. For confirmation, however, make sure to contact this airline.