Volaris is one of the well-known air carriers in Mexico. It has created some policies for the easy flying of its passengers. Cancelation, baggage, etc., are a few of these policies. Volaris baggage policy, in particular, ensures that the travelers carry appropriate luggage as per size and weight. Carrying the bags according to the same can help board a plane with no major inconvenience.
Volaris Airlines Baggage Allowance for Checked Items
Baggage allowance refers to the number of checked bags taken on a flight. Volaris approves a minimum of two bags to be taken by a flyer. Weight, size restrictions, and type can be a part of the checked baggage allowance criteria.
Volaris Baggage Size Restrictions
On traveling with Volaris Airlines, passengers should bring the luggage as per size limits. They may bring bags up to 62 inches as their maximum dimensions. To understand the dimensions in depth, Volaris baggage or luggage dimensions/requirements based on type should be known.
- Checked Baggage: The flyers may bring up to two checked bags of the allocated size measurements. Volaris baggage measurements for this type can be 158 cms in total, consisting of the wheels and handles.
- Cabin Bags: Volaris checked bag size for cabin can be a maximum of 62 inches. The size dimensions per bag can be up to 18 x 14 x 8 inches. Maintaining the size limits, only one two cabin bags can be brought.
- Oversized Luggage: On this airline, when oversized, luggage should be 62 linear inches. Any luggage found to be more than this cannot be considered.
- Carry-on Bags: The general Volaris carry-on size limit is 41.2 inches or 104.6 centimeters. For individual dimensions, they should be no more than 22.4″ x 15.7″ x 12.9″/56 x 39 x 32 cm, approximately.
Volaris Baggage Weight Limit
Weight limit can be a primary thing for the operator based in Mexico. Volaris weight limit applies on checked, cabin, carry-on, as well as overweight bags.
- Checked/Cabin Baggage: The maximum Volaris checked bag weight limit can be 25 kilos. The limit can remain the same in the case of cabin baggage.
- Carry-on Bags: Volaris carry-on weight limit can be 22 pounds or 10 kilograms per bag. Above the weight limit, bags cannot be approved by the airline.
- Overweight Luggage: Approximately 45 kg or 101 pounds can be the Volaris check-in bag weight when overweight.
Volaris Checked Baggage Fees
Specific fees can be charged for carrying checked bags on this airline in Mexico. They are charged on the basis of the ongoing season and destination routes. Volaris checked bag fees, concerning different routes and seasons, are as shown in the following table:
|Condition||Season||International Routes||Domestic Routes||Routes of Central America|
|At the gate||Low||USD 45||Mexican Dollar 500||USD 30|
|High||USD 50||Mexican Dollar 600||USD 35||–|
|Booking at the Airport||Low||USD 35||Mexican Dollar 400||USD 15|
|High||USD 40||Mexican Dollar 450||USD 20||–|
|Online Booking/Call Center||Low||USD 40||Mexican Dollar 300||USD 25|
|High||USD 45||Mexican Dollar 450||USD 30||–|
|Pre-flight||Low||USD 40||Mexican Dollar 400||USD 30|
|High||USD 45||Mexican Dollar 500||USD 35||–|
Note: These Volaris baggage fees may or may not be accurate as per the season. Always check the prices with the operator before booking.
Fees for Excess Luggage
When it comes to bringing extra/additional baggage on a flight, Volaris’ extra baggage cost can be levied. Along with the number of bags, the fees may also depend on the travel route.
|Condition||Season||Domestic Routes Fees (in Mexican Dollars)||Destination Between Central America Fees (in US Dollars)|
|Online and Call Center Booking||Low||770||50|
|At the Airport and Boarding Gate||Low||1000||55|
Baggage Fees on Carrying Extra Bags at Other International Routes
|Route||Sales Channel||Fees (in Dollars)|
|U.S. or Mexico to Central America||All||Low: 72High: 83|
|Routes between Central America to the U.S.||All||Low: 140High: 260|
|Routes between Mexico to Central America||All||Low: 98High: 110|
|Pre-flight from U.S. or Mexico to Central America||All||Low: 121High: 143|
|Pre-flight from Central America to the U.S.||All||Low: 155High: 249|
|Routes between Mexico to Central America||All||Low: 155High: 179|
|U.S. or Mexico to Central America||Airport or Boarding Gate||Low: 100High: 110|
|Routes between Central America to the U.S.||Airport or Boarding Gate||Low: 240High: 250|
|Routes between Mexico to Central America||Airport or Boarding Gate||Low: 150High: 160|
Overweight or Oversized Baggage Fees
Flyers can be levied with overweight or oversized baggage fees on carrying the luggage more than its weight/dimensions’ restrictions. Along with surpassing these, Volaris overweight baggage fees can also be determined by domestic/international routes.
|Moment||Weight (Pounds)||Domestic Routes Fees (Dollars)||International Routes Fees (Dollars)||International Routes between Central America Fees (Dollars)|
|Airport and Boarding Gate||57-77||Low: 800 High: 900||Low: 80 High: 90||Low: 25 High: 30|
|79-101||Low: 1800 High: 1900||Low: 180 High: 190||Low: 50 High: 55|
Volaris Airlines Carry-on Prices
This operator can charge fees for bringing carry-on or hand luggage on flights. Volaris carry-on price may vary on booking the tickets at various platforms.
|First Carry-on Bag||Season||Domestic Routes Fees (Mexican Dollars)||International Routes Fees ( U.S. Dollars)||International Routes between Central America|
|Online or Call Center Booking||Low||380||52||30|
|At the Airport||Low||500||70||54|
|At the Airport or Boarding Gate||Low||600||75||59|
Allowed/Prohibited Items at Volaris Airlines
Some items can/cannot be considered safe while boarding flights. For the safety of the passengers/crew, these items may be allowed or prohibited. In case prohibited, items such as knives, scissors, hammers, e-cigarettes, lithium batteries, etc., can be on the list. On the other hand, items including carry-cots, baby food, handbags, diaper bags, strollers, air mattresses, can be approved.
Other such allowed/disallowed items can be
|Allowed Items||Prohibited Items|
|Electronic devices||Certain gases|
Volaris Airlines Baggage Policy for Infants
Passengers who are flying with their infants or babies can use the baggage system set for them at this airline. While flying with them, it should be ensured that the infant is 7 days or older. Also, for both domestic and international route passengers, carrying car seats can be mandatory.
Other rules relating to Volaris Airlines baggage policy for infants can be:
- When the infant is two or more than two years old, he/she is entitled to purchase a separate ticket.
- If the infant is allocated a ticket fare, no additional baggage allowance can be given to him/her on the flight.
- Certain medications can be taken on the flight for infants.
- In case, if the flyer has not taken the car seat, he/she can purchase the child restraint device from the airport.
Volaris Airlines Baggage Policy for Bringing Pets
Pets are welcome with Volaris flyers of 18 years and above. For traveling in a cabin, they should be transported as checked luggage. During transportation, the pet has to sit with the flyer under the seat.
Volaris new baggage policy rules for pets can also include:
- Pets should be properly vaccinated.
- All the health records of the pets must be submitted to the airline prior to booking.
- Pets should not weigh more than 45 kilograms to travel in the cargo or cabin of the aircraft.
- They may not be given extra baggage allowances since they would travel as checked luggage.
Volaris Baggage Policy for Sports/Music Instruments
This Mexican carrier can permit flyers with certain music/sports instruments under special baggage. The instruments can be taken as checked or carry-on baggage. For checked baggage, the items should not be more than 55 pounds and 78.7 total linear inches. For carry-on, they should be under 12.99 x 15.74 x 22.44 inches and 22 pounds.
On most cabin classes of Volaris, items such as ski, snowboarding, water skiing, golf, hoverboard, bicycles, archery equipment can be taken. Volaris baggage policy for Economy, Business, and First-Class visitors can also allow:
- Bows and arrows
- Fishing equipment
- Football equipment
- Scuba diving equipment
- Kite flying equipment
FAQs – Volaris Baggage Policy
You can take perishable food items on Volaris. However, items such as vegetables, seafood, liquid items, etc., cannot be carried as checked baggage but as carry-ons. The passengers can bring them in proper food box containers, as per the Volaris baggage policy.
Yes, you can bring food under the Volaris Airlines baggage policy. Food items such as ground coffee, spices, milk powder, dietary items, milk, and milk products, etc., can be brought following the carry-on weight limits.
Volaris carry-on policy accepts liquids with 3.4 ounces or 100 milliliters to be taken on its flights. Please note that carrying liquids above this may not be accepted.
You can take additional bags or add baggage as per your convenience post-check-in at Volaris. You may be charged with Volaris baggage fees. These fees may depend on the route and the cabin class.
Volaris’ basic baggage may include one carry-on and a personal bag of 14 x 18 x 8 inches. Other than this, you can also bring 1 Volaris checked bag of 23 kilograms.
Submit your review