This airline has given JetBlue unaccompanied minor policy to make travel simple and safe for young fliers. This policy enables underage fliers to easily complete the check-in and boarding process. The other applicable rules for children flying alone are also disclosed in it. A quick glance at these regulations before making a reservation can be helpful.
- Which JetBlue Unaccompanied Minor Rules are Applicable?
- Where can JetBlue Airlines Unaccompanied Minors be Seated?
- What is the Acceptable JetBlue Unaccompanied Minor Age?
- Which Documents are needed to Book JetBlue Unaccompanied Minor Service?
- Who can Pick up and Drop off Unaccompanied Minor on JetBlue?
- Common Conditions for Picking up/Dropping off
- Regulations for Dropping Off:
- Conditions for Picking Up:
- What is the JetBlue Unaccompanied Minor International Policy?
- How Much is the JetBlue Unaccompanied Minor Fee?
- What Services will be Offered to Unaccompanied Minors on JetBlue?
- How to Book JetBlue Unaccompanied Minor Facility?
- Method 1: Web-based Reservation
- Method 2: On-Call Reservations
- Method 3: Bookings via the Mobile Application
- Will the JetBlue Unaccompanied Minor Fee be Waived?
- Contacting JetBlue via Social Media for Queries
Which JetBlue Unaccompanied Minor Rules are Applicable?
While making a reservation for children, you will have to follow some of the basic JetBlue unaccompanied minor rules. These conditions make children eligible for flying:
- Reservations for minors can only be made through the official sources of the carrier.
- Underage fliers will only be allowed to fly on flights without any connections.
- These passengers cannot be accommodated on stop-over flights.
- They can only travel on flights that do not involve another operating airline.
- Minor travel to international destinations will only be allowed for a few regions.
- Children traveling with passengers older than 14 do not come under this policy.
- It is compulsory to submit all the required documents without fail.
- Without proper documents, JetBlue check-in can be difficult.
- Such kids will be allowed to bring a carry-on bag, irrespective of the ticket type.
- The airline agents will only accompany kids when no other airline is involved.
- Unaccompanied travelers can only be seated as per a specific seating arrangement.
Note: JetBlue unaccompanied minors can’t travel when not adhering to any of the given regulations.
Conditions for Infant Travel on JetBlue
The infant travel will not be a part of the journey of unaccompanied minors. They will have to fly with their parents or other guardians.
Where can JetBlue Airlines Unaccompanied Minors be Seated?
Since kids will be traveling alone, it is the responsibility of the airline to ensure their safety. Hence, it has given a separate seating arrangement for them.
- Underage fliers cannot be seated on Mint or Even More seats.
- Unaccompanied minors on JetBlue will usually be seated at the back of the aircraft.
- These include seat ABC on the last row of the plane.
- This arrangement helps the staff to quickly reach the children to give assistance.
What is the Acceptable JetBlue Unaccompanied Minor Age?
Generally, passengers under the age of 18 will be regarded as minors. But, to be considered under the JetBlue unaccompanied minor policy, the following age requirements have to be adhered to.
- This service will be offered to passengers between the ages of 5 and 14.
- You can request special services for passengers above 14 and below 18.
- Kids between the age of 2 and 13 can be accompanied by passengers above 14.
When the child is flying with a passenger but on a separate reservation, this service needs to be booked. However, the airline agents should be informed of this prior.
Which Documents are needed to Book JetBlue Unaccompanied Minor Service?
In order to enable the airline to verify your identity, submit a few documents or proof while booking this service. These include the following:
- The JetBlue unaccompanied minor form should be presented at the airport.
- This form can be accessed on the official site of the carrier.
- Provide the identification photo of the person dropping off and picking up the child.
- Any medical reports indicating the general health of the child should be submitted.
- Full details regarding the following should be filled out in this form:
- The number of minors traveling
- Their age
- Special requirements
- The details of the legal guardian
- Ensure that the details are correct and complete to avoid JetBlue Airlines cancellations.
Who can Pick up and Drop off Unaccompanied Minor on JetBlue?
Any of the following can pick up and drop off children flying alone with this carrier:
- The official or the legal guardian of the child
- A parent
- Any relative or another qualified person
Common Conditions for Picking up/Dropping off
These general conditions are given by the Jetblue policy on unaccompanied minors when it comes to dropping off and picking up them:
- Present the correct photo identification of the person picking up/dropping off the child.
- The minimum age of this guardian should be 18.
- These persons must be listed in the drop-off or pick-up list of the airline.
- Gate passes are to be obtained in order to drop off the children at the gate.
- These passes will be issued by the TSA at the security gate.
- You can check for the availability of these passes at the airport counter.
- Each airport will have a designated drop-off and pick-up location.
- These locations can be sought on the official site of the carrier.
Regulations for Dropping Off:
Some specific regulations that apply to only dropping off your child are as follows:
- The full name, address, and contact details of a guardian are needed on the reservation.
- A parent should remain at the gate until the flight has taken off.
- In case the flight is delayed, the parent must remain with the unaccompanied kid.
- Present your gate pass at the departure gate.
Conditions for Picking Up:
While picking up passengers from unaccompanied minor flights on JetBlue, the following points should be kept in mind:
- The person picking up the child should be present at the airport at least 30 minutes prior.
- Their full name and details should be verified with the agents.
- The agents will only hand over the kids to you if your name is listed on the sheet.
Note: If sending another person to pick up your child, convey this information to the authorities in advance.
What is the JetBlue Unaccompanied Minor International Policy?
When you wish to book this service while traveling to foreign countries, follow the regulations of the JetBlue unaccompanied minor international policy.
- Each country has its own specific requirements in terms of documentation.
- Notarised letters are to be submitted.
- You will have to connect with the agents to know the other special requirements.
- Flights traveling to the UK and Europe are currently not offering this service.
How Much is the JetBlue Unaccompanied Minor Fee?
A special charge will be charged to access this service. The JetBlue unaccompanied minor fees will depend on the following regulations:
- Generally, the amount will be decided when you make the request.
- The fee can be around USD 150.
- A service charge of USD 25 can apply.
- The cost will be added to the price of the original ticket.
- Also, the entire fee will have to be paid at the time of booking.
- These charges are per person.
A cost can be paid online when you have made the booking using the website. Online methods of payment will be made available.
What Services will be Offered to Unaccompanied Minors on JetBlue?
Based on the destination you are flying to, certain services can be offered to passengers traveling alone.
- The kid will be looked after by the agents on the airline.
- Any requirement of the child will be immediately met.
- They will be handed over to their parents personally by the agents.
- The safety of the children will be given priority.
How to Book JetBlue Unaccompanied Minor Facility?
The booking for underage fliers can be made online through the official site of the airline. Otherwise, you will also have the option of calling it. Irrespective of the method you use, keep in mind that the service can only be booked for a maximum of 3 passengers in total.
Method 1: Web-based Reservation
Online bookings are useful when made in advance. This is a simple procedure that can be completed using the website.
You can follow the steps given below to access the service for unaccompanied minor on JetBlue:
- Select “Flights” once you have opened the website of “JetBlue”.
- Here, the following information has to be added:
- Click on “1 Adult”.
- Go through the following sub-options:
- Children (Under 14)
- Lap Infants (Under 2)
- Set the adults section to zero and add the number of children traveling.
- This will convert your booking to that of the unaccompanied minor service.
- Now, you can click on the “Search Flights” option.
- Select the flight that meets your requirements.
- Follow the instructions given on the screen.
- Make the payment of the required fee.
Method 2: On-Call Reservations
Connecting with the airline’s representatives is suggested to make the reservation offline. You can use the contact details added below to get in touch with the authorities:
|Region||JetBlue Unaccompanied Minor Phone Number|
|Turks and Caicos||1-877-390-5447|
|Trinidad and Tobago||1-800-538-2583|
When you are able to get in touch with the agents:
- Inform them about your requirement for the JetBlue unaccompanied minor booking.
- You will be asked to give complete details about the kid and the guardian.
- When these are approvable, the airline will proceed with the booking process.
- Furnish all the information as required by the agents.
- Make the payment of the necessary fee.
- The agents will get back to you once your reservation is confirmed.
Note: A separate service fee might have to be paid when you undertake this method.
Method 3: Bookings via the Mobile Application
Given that you have the mobile application of the airline, it will be even easier to make your bookings.
- Download the app “JetBlue – Book & Manage Trips” using the following sources:
- Apple App Store
- Google Play Store
- To book tickets for unaccompanied minors on JetBlue, tap on “Flights”.
- Input the needed information.
- Enter the number of kids for whom reservation is to be made.
- Hereon, continue the process by following the in-app instructions.
- Confirm your details in the mail received afterward.
Will the JetBlue Unaccompanied Minor Fee be Waived?
There are certain circumstances under which you can avoid the payment of the unaccompanied minor fee on JetBlue. However, such waivers cannot be fully guaranteed owing to the changing policies of the airline.
- A child is traveling with another passenger but on a different booking.
- The request for such travel is made by contacting the airline authorities.
- Also, the USD 25 per person as a service charge will also be waived.
- The passenger accompanying the child must be at least 18 years of age.
Contacting JetBlue via Social Media for Queries
In case you have questions or issues regarding the JetBlue policy on unaccompanied minors, associate with agents using the official social media platforms.
The links are highlighted in the table below:
Summing up, the unaccompanied minor policy of this airline helps parents to rest assured when their children are traveling alone. From queries to conditions, various aspects are covered to make it easier to use JetBlue minor policy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, this airline allows the travel of unaccompanied minors.
A separate fee will have to be payable when kids want to travel alone.
This airline does accommodate unaccompanied minors on its flights.
You can do so by visiting the “Flights” section on the main site of the airline.
1-800-538-2583 can be dialed to reserve tickets for minors in the US.
Children between 5 and 14 years of age come under this category.
Yes, 14-year-olds can fly without their parents or guardians on this carrier.
13-year-old kids can travel without any company.
The agent of this airline will hand over the minor to the guardian at the pick-up location of the designated airport.
As per this policy, children between the ages of 5 and 14 can travel alone on this carrier.
The fee can be usually USD 150 per person but can also be based on the destination you are traveling to.
With this carrier, the acceptable age is between 5 and 14 years.
This fee can be avoided if a passenger of at least 18 years of age travels with the child.
Yes, booking for this service can be made online via the website and mobile app.
The international travel policy of this carrier allows minors to fly to and from various destinations except for the UK and Europe.
This airline gives its best to ensure the safety of the minor traveling alone.