The JetBlue baggage policy in 2021 has been developed to reduce the extra costs of the bags carried by passengers as well as to inform them about the guidelines relating to the luggage. Unlike many other airlines which may have the toughest baggage rules to follow, JetBlue Airways makes sure that the travelers face no issues while adhering to its policy. If you are considering flying with this airline for a future trip, then you should be aware of this airline’s basic baggage policy.
JetBlue Baggage Allowance for Checked Items
Whether you are carrying your items as checked baggage or on a JetBlue flight with you, there are certain things that you should know. JetBlue check-in baggage allowance has regulations that need to be obeyed by the visitors. The operator offers different fare classes such as Blue Basic, Blue, Blue Plus, Blue Extra, and Mint. All of these cabin classes consist of various baggage fees. The check-in baggage allowance for them may also differ.
JetBlue baggage allowance for international flights allows carrying up to two pieces of bags on all cabin classes. It can be noteworthy to know that on booking the reservations for Blue Flex or Mint Fare option, you can get up to three checked bags for free.
Mentioned herewith are the fees applied for checked items on JetBlue flights:
|Cabin Class||First Bag||Second Bag||Third Bag or 3+ Bags|
Fees for Carrying Excess Bags at JetBlue Airways
Airlines like JetBlue Airways have implemented a few restrictions on bringing excess baggage on board. On this airline, excess baggage is defined as a passenger’s total baggage including more than the necessary articles. If the customer is found to be carrying additional things, then he/she will be assessed with the JetBlue baggage fees. These fees may vary depending on the visitor’s preferred route and cabin class.
Here is the basic info for taking excess baggage with JetBlue Airways:
- Each JetBlue piece of luggage should be no longer than 62 linear inches and no heavier than 50 pounds.
- JetBlue baggage fees for the second bag would be permitted for a one-way price of $150.
- Baggage with a length greater than 62 linear inches but less than 80 linear inches will be allowed for a fee of $150 on JetBlue.
- If a JetBlue customer has luggage that exceeds 80 linear inches and 45 kilos, then he or she will not be authorized to board the plane.
Overweight or Oversized JetBlue Baggage Fees
JetBlue baggage policy does allow its customers to bring overweight items. On bringing items above 62 inches and 70 pounds, it can cost some extra overweight or oversized fees. Here are the regulations stated by JetBlue Airways for the passengers transporting overweight items:
- The operator requires that all the checked baggage measure no more than 50 pounds.
- You will be fined with JetBlue overweight fees ranging from $100 to $150 once your bag exceeds the weight restriction.
- An oversized cost of $100 to $150 per bag will be charged for items that are found large.
- On JetBlue flights, the largest luggage that can be carried is up to 80 inches in length.
Military Baggage Surcharges on JetBlue Airways
If you are a member of the U.S. military on active duty, then your baggage can fly for free. This is possible under the JetBlue military baggage policy in the following situations:
- 2 baggage is free for active-duty travelers flying for pleasure.
- 5 baggage will require no cost for active service personnel traveling for duty.
- Baggage exemptions will be given to any family on the same PNR as the active-duty traveler. These rules depend on how does JetBlue charges baggage fees for military travelers. Additionally, whenever you are traveling for pleasure, you will need to show your DoD Common Access Card at the check-in desk to avoid paying extra baggage costs.
Allowed Items on JetBlue Airways
There are specific items that can be brought with the passengers on flights by JetBlue Airways. These items are approved as per the JetBlue policy on baggage. The following list of items are allowed:
- Personal care products
- Packed objects like scissors and knives
- Safety pins
- Alcoholic beverages
- Baby carrier
- Car seat
- Coffee maker
- Bread toaster
- Airbrush makeup machine
- Air mattress
- Power Banks
Note: These items can be safely taken, following the JetBlue international baggage policy because these goods can be passed through the TSA security guidelines. Certain liquid items can also be transported as carry-on luggage. They must be sealed in the right way and should be under the weight capacity of 3.4 ounces or less to avoid any complications during the screening.
JetBlue Baggage Policy for Infants
It should be known that JetBlue’ baggage policy for domestic flights as well as international flights allows its passengers to fly with their infants. Infants may not be eligible to book their tickets. However, it is mandatory to inform the airline while you are traveling with your baby on your lap. Concerning some rules, the adult passenger can only carry the infants on the flight. Also, the baby should not be under 2 days old to travel by air.
JetBlue Plus baggage allowance permits the following items to be taken with the infants:
- Baby car seat
- Diaper bags
It is to be noted that the infant is not counted to have his/her own checked luggage. Even upon buying the tickets for infants, they may not be eligible to carry any checked luggage.
JetBlue Baggage Policy for Pets
The airline, JetBlue, has made a different policy in regards to carrying pets with travelers. Abiding by JetBlue Business Class baggage allowance, below-mentioned are some rules that need to be followed:
- All domestic and international flights approve the flying of pets in JetBlue Airways.
- JetBlue only permits four pets per trip. Thus, it is critical to purchase your pet’s reservation as soon as possible. The airline essentially allows tiny cats and dogs in the cabin.
- During the whole ride, pets must stay totally enclosed in their carrier with the doors shut and under the passenger seat.
- JetBlue does not permit dogs to fly in the cargo hold owing to oxygen deprivation and pressurized air on its planes.
- Pets must be capable of standing up and wandering around the carrier without difficulty, as has been stated in the JetBlue Airways carry-on baggage allowance.
- Pet carriers must possess a leak-proof bottom as well as have at least two sides that are adequately ventilated.
Sports and Musical Instruments Approved by JetBlue Baggage Policy
As a part of checked baggage limitation, JetBlue enables customers to pack sports equipment and musical instruments. There may be additional JetBlue flights baggage fees for carrying sports items when they exceed the weight of 32 kilograms.
Skis, fishing equipment, golf bags, hockey, and lacrosse equipment can be allowed as one packed bag on JetBlue. Sports luggage must meet the airline’s (B6) normal check-in luggage size dimensions and weight limitations.
The following is a list of various sporting equipment that has been permitted in JetBlue Airlines’ baggage policy:
|Golf club||Golf balls|
|Archery equipment||Windsurfing equipment|
|Snowboarding equipment||Scuba Diving equipment|
Some musical instruments are also carried by flyers inside the flights of this airline. Here is a chart showing what musical items can be brought under the JetBlue baggage policy for international flights:
Prohibited Items Concerning the JetBlue Baggage Policy
JetBlue Airways does not allow sharp objects and certain flammable objects inside the aircraft. Such items are considered restricted or prohibited as they are pointed and can harm the passengers/goods inside the flight. Also, as per the TSA security guidelines, bringing these restricted items is not approved by the JetBlue baggage weight policy.
Presented below are the items that are considered as prohibited items on this airline’s flights:
|e-Cigarettes||Mobility devices||Bleaching products|
Saving Extra Baggage Fees on JetBlue Airways
JetBlue Airlines have a straightforward policy and no one may want to spend extra money on baggage fees. By following some steps, one can entirely avoid bearing the JetBlue check-in baggage fees. Here are 4 basic strategies that can save this fee:
- Be a part of the TrueBlue Mosaic” subscription. You may get it if you record 15,000 flight miles in a single year or 30 quarters and 12,000 travel points.
- This membership gives you access to a variety of perks, such as free cancelation costs and priority boarding.
- On JetBlue military baggage fees, this airline offers certain unique perks. You can take advantage of this deal if you are a present duty officer or a member of the officer’s family.
- The airline provides three credit cards, each of which includes one complimentary checked bag for every ticket. The JetBlue Plus Card, JetBlue Card, and JetBlue Business Card are all included in this option. You may use any of these to save money on JetBlue international baggage fees.
JetBlue baggage rules are simple and easy to understand by many flyers worldwide. By using the rules of its baggage policy, you can travel hassle-free without the need of worrying about additional costs. Passengers who have traveled with this airline before have commended its outstanding services. To look at what they have stated in JetBlue reviews, kindly click on this post.
Frequently Asked Questions for JetBlue Baggage Policy
JetBlue policy on its baggage has different fees for international and domestic routes. The baggage fees for JetBlue international destinations are $35 for the first bag and $45 for the second bag. When any flyer wants to carry a third piece of baggage, he/she has to pay $150 for transporting three or more than three bags.
No, JetBlue does not charge JetBlue baggage fees for military officers. According to the policy, they can take up to five checked bags at no additional baggage fees.
The baggage weight at JetBlue Airways is different for each cabin class. JetBlue Airways’ baggage policy for Economy travelers allows them to carry two bags of 23 kilograms, each. Business Class flyers can bring up to three bags with weight up to 32 kilograms each. First-Class travelers can transport four bags of 32 kilograms inside the flight of JetBlue Airways.
Yes, whenever you will carry more than the required items, you will have to bear JetBlue’s additional baggage fees on your final payment. These baggage fees range from $45 for carrying one bag to $150 for carrying two additional bags.
The carry-on baggage at JetBlue must be under 22″ L x 14″ W x 9″ H. The proper size dimensions must be 55.88 cm x 35.56 cm x 22.86 cm. When an item is not as per the restricted size, the passenger has to pay the JetBlue carry-on baggage fees at the airport.