When flying long distances, most passengers wish to carry their pets. This is facilitated under the Emirates pet policy. Under this policy, owners can carry their animals without any hassle. It discloses all the available means through which they can be carried. The fee structure and other conditions are revealed as well.
- What Guidelines are Applicable to Emirates Pet Travel?
- Are Emirates Airlines Pets in Cabin Allowed for Travel?
- What is the Emirates Pet Policy for Checked Baggage Animals?
- Is there an Emirates Airlines Pet Cargo Policy?
- Which Benefits are Offered by the Emirates Pet Cargo Facility?
- What Documents should be Submitted for Making Emirates Pet Cargo Reservation?
- Are there any Restricted Breeds of Emirates Airlines Pets?
- How to Make an Emirates Pet Travel Reservation?
- Are Service Animals Allowed on Emirates Airlines?
- What is the Emirates Pet Travel Cost?
- Connecting with Emirates via Social Media
What Guidelines are Applicable to Emirates Pet Travel?
The Emirates Airline pet travel feature is subject to certain guidelines upon the adherence to which the animal transport option will be made available.
- Pets can only be added to the reservations made officially with the carrier.
- Passengers will not be permitted to carry them on board.
- These companions can be transported as Emirates checked baggage or in cargo.
- They must meet the desired age limits to be deemed qualified.
- It is the responsibility of the owner to take care of the personal health of the pet.
- All the owners have to follow the rules applicable to the domestic destination of travel.
- In the case of codeshare flights, the second operating airline’s rules are applicable too.
- Animal transport on this carrier is subject to IATA LAR conditions as well.
Note: If fare-specific conditions are implemented, the airline will inform you in advance at the time of reservation.
Are Emirates Airlines Pets in Cabin Allowed for Travel?
As per the Emirates pet in cabin policy, animals will not be allowed to travel inside the cabin as carry-on baggage.
- Exceptions might be allowed in the case of service dogs or guide animals.
- However, prior permission from the authorities should be obtained.
- Small animals might be permitted on board certain flights.
- Advance information to the agents has to be given for such travel under exceptions.
- An additional fee might be charged when this feature is made available.
What is the Emirates Pet Policy for Checked Baggage Animals?
Animals can be sent as checked baggage as long as they meet certain regulations. In sync with the Emirates Airways pet policy, these include:
- The animal to be transported must be at least 4 months or older.
- Requests for this type of travel must be made at least a week before the flight’s take-off.
- Not all flights will accept companions as checked luggage.
- The flight destination and itinerary will also determine the guarantee of acceptance.
- Not all breeds might be allowed under this mode of transport.
Size and Weight Restrictions:
The Emirates Airlines pets must be within the designated weight and size restrictions in order to be accepted as checked baggage. Such restrictions include:
- The overall dimensions of the animal crate should not exceed 300 cm or 118 inches.
- Note that these dimensions are in terms of the length, width, and height of the crate.
- The maximum allowed weight will be informed at the time of making the reservation.
Note: Animals and crates that go over the mentioned limits will have to be transported in the cargo.
Is there an Emirates Airlines Pet Cargo Policy?
Under this policy, animals will be able to travel in the hold of the airplane. Some of the main features of the Emirates Airlines pets cargo policy comprise:
- Throughout the journey, cargo animals will be placed in the care of the airline agents.
- They will be transported in lieu of the IATA LAR conditions.
- Temperature conditions of the hold will be maintained and checked regularly.
- Your pets will be fed and cleaned by the agents as required.
- When there are prior instructions, animals will also be given medicine/any special food.
- Specially crafted transport carriers will be used to transport them to and from the aircraft.
- They will be the last to board the flight and the first to disembark the plane.
- All types of veterinary services will be made available whenever required.
- Professional care will be administered while in transit.
- Protection from all other elements will be guaranteed by the respective agents.
- Your companion should be specifically sent as cargo only when:
- Traveling to Dubai
- The flight is longer than 17 hours
Note: To check the condition of your animal during transit, you can get in touch with the agents of the airline.
Your companion will only be accepted under the Emirates cargo pets category when all the following conditions are met:
- Note that the connection time between flights should be at least 6 hours.
- The crate’s size and dimensions should be more than the checked baggage requirements.
- The animal must not belong to any of the restricted breeds.
- All the documents should be submitted beforehand.
- The destination country must be ready to receive animals arriving in the cargo.
Which Benefits are Offered by the Emirates Pet Cargo Facility?
Depending on your travel fare, arrival, and departure destinations, the airline offers quite a few facilities under the policy for pet cargo on Emirates.
For Emirates Pets Plus Members
Passengers with Emirates Pets Plus membership can avail of the following benefits at the departure airport:
- This airline’s agents will collect the animal from your house.
- The airfreight will be made all-inclusive.
- Veterinary assistance will be offered when the animal needs it.
- The agent will take care of the boarding of your companion.
- Grooming and cleaning it will be taken care of, only if required.
- The crate will be cleaned by the airline when it is necessary.
At the arrival airport, the following facilities can be enjoyed:
- Agents will clear all the procedures upon arrivals like import customs or registration.
- Animals will be delivered to the needed location in the destination country.
Note: This Plus membership will only be made available when your companion is taking off from Dubai as its departure airport.
To owners without the plus membership, the benefits offered at the departure airport are as follows:
- The airfreight will be made all-inclusive.
- Veterinary assistance will be administered as and when needed.
What Documents should be Submitted for Making Emirates Pet Cargo Reservation?
To enable the authorities to verify your companion, you will be required to submit a few documents. These are as follows:
- Full details of the animal set to be transported
- The details of the crate with pictures
- Your pet’s general medical report
- A veterinary report certifying that the animal is fit to travel in the hold
- All the required vaccination proofs
- An “OK to Forward” confirmation from the destination region
- Local import and export documents
In case you are facing an issue obtaining any of the mentioned reports due to a genuine reason, you may be allowed some exceptions under the Emirates pet policy.
Are there any Restricted Breeds of Emirates Airlines Pets?
Some animals may not be fit for travel, owing to their nasal conditions or general behavior. Such breeds come under the restricted category of this airline’s animal travel policy. Flying with them can trigger Emirates flight cancellations.
The following breeds of dogs will not be allowed to be transported in the hold of the aircraft:
|Japanese Chin||King Charles Spaniel|
|Tibetan Spaniel||Brussels Griffon|
|Dogue de Bordeaux||Pekingese|
|Staffordshire Bull Terrier||Bullmastiff|
|Dogo Argentino||Pit Bull Terrier|
|Shih Tzu||Cavalier King Charles Spaniel|
|Chow Chow||Pug (all types)|
|Shar-Pei||Chihuahua (apple headed)|
|American Cocker Spaniel||Affenpinscher|
When it comes to cats, the following breeds will be prohibited from flying:
|Exotic Fold (Foldex)||British Shorthair|
Note: When your animal belongs to the cross of the mentioned breeds, it will be rejected under the Emirates Airlines pet policy.
How to Make an Emirates Pet Travel Reservation?
You will have to make a prior reservation for your dog, cat, etc. This can be done either through the site of the carrier or by connecting with Emirates’ agents.
Method 1: Online Pet Travel Reservation
To add your animal to your booking via the online means, you will have to first submit the “Traveling with Pets” form. To do so, follow the steps given below:
- Reach the website of this air operator.
- On the top right of the first page of this site, hit “Search”.
- In the “Keyword Search” bar, type out “Travelling with Pets”.
- Click on the “Search” button.
- A new redirected page will be opened containing the form for pets.
- You will need to fill out all the details in this form like:
- Your personal information including full name, phone number, and country
- Reservation details like the booking reference and airports concerned
- Pet information such as breed, weight, and age
- Any additional information can be mentioned in the provided dialog box.
- Next, confirm all the details by checking off the tick box.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- Your request will be sent to the authorities and they will soon get back to you.
- The rest of the process will be continued by the authorities, according to the Emirates pet policy.
Method 2: Contacting the Airline Agents
You can make a reservation for your furry friend by directly connecting with the airline agents. This can be done using the contact details of some countries as mentioned below:
|Santiago de Chile||+56223937300|
Are Service Animals Allowed on Emirates Airlines?
Passengers with disabilities can be permitted to fly with service animals. This will be subject to different conditions based on the rules of the arrival region.
- You will need to first contact your Local Emirates office using the details on the site.
- Then find out whether service animals are allowed in the region you are flying to.
- When allowed, submit all the details and add the companion to your booking.
For Flying to the US
In case you wish to fly with your guide animal to the US, you must adhere to the given regulations:
- Access Emirates pet transport forms through the official site of this operator.
- Fill in the US Department of Transportation Service Animal Air Transportation Form.
- On flights longer than 8 hours, fill in The US Department of Transportation Service Animal Relief Attestation Form.
- The animal must be properly trained and provide the required assistance to the owner.
What is the Emirates Pet Travel Cost?
Based on the weight of the animal, the Emirates pet transport cost varies as follows:
|Less than 23 kg||USD 500|
|Between 24 and 32 kg||USD 650|
|Over 32 kg||USD 800|
|Over 118 inches||As per cargo (airfreight) services|
Connecting with Emirates via Social Media
It is possible to encounter a few concerns on Emirates to fly with pets. You can sort out these issues via the carrier’s profiles on social media sites:
To sum up, this airline’s pet policy is greatly beneficial to owners who wish to travel with their furry beings. The facilities offered by the cargo service further make it easier to send the animals without any company as well.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, this carrier allows its passengers to transport pets in the hold.
Pets are permitted to travel on this carrier, subject to a few conditions.
No, this airline does not allow its passengers to carry animals in the cabin.
No, this airline does not allow its passengers to carry animals in the cabin.
Animals can only be brought in the cargo and not as cabin baggage.
This airline has a policy for transporting animals. It comes with pet-friendly regulations.
The pet transport fee can range between USD 500 and USD 800.
As per this policy, the travel regulations of the domestic countries should be followed.
The fee charged for cargo travel will depend on the freight of the airplane.
Based on the reviews, this carrier puts in its best effort to enable the safety of animals and offers various services in this regard.
Fill out the “Traveling with Pets” form found on the main site of the airline.
You will have to contact the local cargo office and submit the details of your animal.
The cargo transport of this carrier offers the best pet services and safety facilities, considering the reviews.
Breeds like Chihuahua (apple-headed), Shar-Pei, Chow Chow, Shih Tzu, etc., are restricted.
Yes, the fee to be paid depends on the weight and size of the animal and the crate.