Emirates baggage policy has been made to ensure the safest travel experience for its flyers. Founded in Dubai, this airline is well-known for carrying millions of travelers worldwide. Emirates is one of the oldest air carriers in the United Arab Emirates. Flyers prefer this airline because of its suitable baggage policy rules. These rules consist of various guidelines about carrying checked baggage, carry-on baggage, and oversized baggage with some weight-limit restrictions.
Emirates Baggage Allowance for Checked Luggage
A particular set of guidelines have been made for Emirates baggage allowance for checked luggage. The regulations for checked luggage allowance are as follows:
- Emirates checked baggage allowance is based on the overall weight of your luggage.
- Depending on the fare class you have booked, you will be able to bring several bags. As per Emirates Airlines’ size concept, you can bring as many bags as you like as long as they don’t exceed the weight restrictions.
- If you do not adhere to the weight limitations, then you may be unable to board a flight or be charged a fine.
The weight limitations of Emirates baggage policy vary depending on the class cabin type. The weight restriction for checked luggage, as well as the class cabin type, are shown in the following table:
|Emirates Airlines Class||Weight Restrictions||Size Dimensions||Maximum Size|
|Economy Class||50 Pounds||59 linear inches||118 linear inches|
|Premium Economy Class||50 Pounds||59 linear inches||118 linear inches|
|Business Class||70 Pounds||59 linear inches||118 linear inches|
|First-Class||70 Pounds||59 linear inches||118 linear inches|
Guidelines for Excess Baggage of Emirates Airlines
Emirates has formed some specific guidelines for passengers carrying extra luggage with them. Concerning the Emirates extra baggage fees policy, if any traveler purchases a piece of extra item baggage online, then approximately 50 percent reduction in fees will be applied on the first bag.
Check what charges you will have to bear on different routes in the chart mentioned below:
|The Middle East/South Asia||$30|
|Australia and New Zealand||$50|
General Instructions for Carrying Extra Baggage in Emirates Airlines
Here are some general guidelines or instructions for travelers carrying extra baggage on Emirates:
- The extra baggage weight should be under 50 lbs for Economy travelers.
- Emirates baggage fees of $30 would be applied on carrying more than 50 lbs of items.
- Premium Economy, Business, and First-Class passengers can bring up to 70 lbs of luggage.
- The extra baggage weight must not surpass 110 lbs.
Overweight or Oversized Emirates Airlines Baggage Fees
Bringing items more than the requirement is not allowed in Emirates Airlines. However, when it is necessary to carry oversized items onboard, the customers can pay additional costs, keeping Emirates baggage allowance rules in mind. The fees for carrying overweight or oversized items is as shown in the table:
|Category||Overweight Item Charge||Oversized Item Charge||Overweight and Oversized Item Charge|
|Items under free baggage allowance||$75||$250||$325|
|Items outside free baggage allowance||$275||$325||$400|
Emirates Airlines Security Rules for Carry-on Baggage Policy
There are certain security rules built for Emirates baggage policy for carry-on. These rules are subjected to allowed items on flights. It also features what rules have been applied for carrying liquids inside the cabin. Passengers of Emirates Airlines can bring the below-mentioned items while traveling:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Baby strollers
- Baby food items
- Makeup brushes
- Child seats
- Bottled water
- Bobby pins
- Amenity kits like toothbrushes and hairbrush
- Extension cords
Apart from carrying these items on the flight, there are specific restrictions on carrying liquid items inside Emirates flights. Keep the following rules in mind while bringing liquid items with Emirates:
- All liquid substances like creams, lotions, and aerosols must be carried in small containers.
- These containers must not exceed the limit of 100 ounces.
- Containers should be packed in zip-locked transparent bags for the security verification process.
- No medications and baby foods can be taken in the form of liquid substances inside the flights.
- Only one bag per passenger is allowed while flying with Emirates Airlines.
Carrying Infants with Emirates Airlines
Carrying infants or children with Emirates Airlines applies some different guidelines which customers with babies should adhere to. The list of rules for passengers carrying infants are as stated below:
- Passengers traveling with babies (under the age of two) are given a luggage allowance based on their route.
- Including all flights to and from the Americas, as well as the ones starting in Africa,
you can transport:
- One cabin bag of maximum dimensions: 22 inches x 15 inches x 8 inches
- One checked bag with a maximum weight of 11 pounds or 5 kilograms.
- Infant’s baby cot
- Fully folded pushchair
- Infant’s chair seat
- Baby cot or carrycot
Emirates Airlines Baggage Policy for Pets
Going by the Emirates Airlines International baggage policy, the rules for pets are as described below:
- Pets are not permitted in the cabin but may be transported in the baggage as cargo or checked luggage.
- Your pet can only fly as cargo if the total size of your pet carrier exceeds 300 centimeters.
- Pet-related papers must be submitted at least a week before your departure.
- Even when you don’t have any checked luggage, you will be charged for the total weight of your pet and cage.
- If the transit duration for pets through Dubai is greater than six hours, then the pets will be allowed solely as cargo.
- All pets must have a current import permit, which includes a health certificate, immunization records, and other documentation.
Sporting and Music Equipment Accepted in Emirates Airlines
Emirates baggage policy allows its flyers to bring specific sports equipment inside the aircraft. Along with that, some musical equipment can also be carried on certain flights. Look down at what sports and musical equipment are to be taken on board:
- Golf equipment
- Diving suits
- Buoyancy control devices
- Air guns
- Target pistols
- Hunting rifles
Prohibited Items on Emirates Airlines
As per Emirates Business Class baggage allowance, some limited items cannot be taken inside the flights. The detailed list of what items are prohibited by this airline are as mentioned below:
- Personal motorized vehicles
- Matches and cigarette lighters
- Attaché cases
- Disabling devices
- ElectroShock weapons
Do you plan to fly with Emirates anytime soon? Emirates Airlines reviews can be checked to plan better. Click here to read them.
Frequently Asked Questions for Emirates Baggage Policy
On Emirates, knowing the weight and size restrictions for your ticket and itinerary is the easiest way to minimize their costs. Before your flight, take the time to check and weigh your luggage. Ensure that the luggage weights according to Emirates baggage size policy. If your luggage is too heavy, then try eliminating some items or transferring them to your carry-on bag.
Yes, you may prepay for baggage on Emirates Airlines at the moment of reservation. Also, you can pay in advance any time before your travel, considering the Emirates baggage allowance policy. You will not save any cost by doing so but you will save time and trouble when you head to the airport for your journey.
Since Emirate Airlines International baggage policy is not the easiest, you are advised to cautiously carry your belongings. When you are traveling on Economy Class, you can only bring one carry-on bag, which can be a purse, a laptop bag, or a roller bag. A handbag’s weight limit is 7 kilograms and its maximum dimensions are 55 x 38 x 20 centimeters.