The IndiGo cancellation policy works in several ways to assist passengers in reversing their flights. With online and offline procedures included, it makes it simpler to cancel bookings. By going through this policy, charges, conditions for free cancellations, eligibility for refunds, etc., can be learned too.
Hence, it becomes immensely important to comprehend this policy before booking tickets with this airline. This knowledge can make the cancelation procedure simple to follow and easy to undertake.
- IndiGo Flight Cancellation Policy Guidelines
- What are the IndiGo flight cancellation reasons?
- Indigo Airlines 24 Hours Cancellation Policy
- How to cancel IndiGo flight ticket?
- Method 1: IndiGo Flight Cancellation via Online
- Method 2: Cancelations Using The IndiGo Customer Care
- IndiGo Cancellation Charges
- IndiGo Airlines Free Ticket Cancellation
- IndiGo Refund Policy
- IndiGo Canceled Flight Compensation
IndiGo Flight Cancellation Policy Guidelines
The main purpose of this policy is to provide Go IndiGo flight ticket cancellation. In other words, it is a designated set of regulations determined for the proper cancelation of tickets. It not only guides the customers through these rules but also ensures their security. Besides, it highlights the various ways by which flights can be canceled. Apart from the guidance during cancelation, this policy provides information about refunds and compensation as well. It covers all the steps from the moment of initiation of the cancelation to the last stage of confirmation.
There are certain eligibility conditions given by this policy. These are listed as under:
- Flights directly booked with IndiGo can be canceled at all times.
- On most of the ticket fares, you will have to make the request for cancelation at least 2 hours before the flight’s departure.
- The airline permits its passengers to cancel their reservations immediately after booking as well.
- Service charges may apply for direct assistance from the airline’s officials in case of any cancelations or changes.
- Immediate cancelations within 24 hours can be available for flights scheduled more than 7 days from the date of prospective cancelation.
- You may not be eligible for ticket reversals on flights involving codeshare or interline partners.
- If you have accidentally booked two tickets, then you will be allowed to cancel the one with the lower fare.
- For tickets booked through any third-party sites or agents, IndiGo flight cancellation cannot be done directly. You will have to connect with the respective agents.
- If you wish to cancel some group reservations, then you must separate them as individual tickets and proceed with the further cancelation procedure.
Note: There might be expectations for the above-mentioned conditions in certain instances. You can review the carrier’s official site for more information on these exceptions.
What are the IndiGo flight cancellation reasons?
Canceling flights is a common occurrence nowadays, especially due to emergencies. There can be various reasons that can lead to the ultimate reversal of reservations. The IndiGo cancellation policy supports various causes. Having prior knowledge about these district reasons can prepare you when cancelations become inevitable. By knowing this, you will also know the ways in which you can avoid these causes. This will help you in drafting your travel plan with caution.
The most common reasons why passengers cancel their flights are given below:
- Family occasions
- A last-minute change in the plans
- Serious injuries
- Modification in destination
- Issues with the baggage
- Work emergencies
- Important events
Tip: To avoid cancelations due to this last-minute hassle, you can plan your trip in advance. For instance, you can check the IndiGo Airlines baggage policy to overcome any issues with the baggage while boarding.
Most of the time, this airline does not require its passengers to mention their reason for cancelation. It aims to make travel convenient for its customers by facilitating cancelations irrespective of their reason.
Indigo Airlines 24 Hours Cancellation Policy
According to this policy, passengers can make cancellations free of cost within 24 hours of reservation.
- The IndiGo 24 hour cancellation policy helps in refunding the full amount.
- Changes or alterations can be done one time for free.
- Reversals under this policy can be done online.
How to cancel IndiGo flight ticket?
Cancelations can be done at any time. Passengers can cancel their flights anytime for several reasons. In order to cater to these unforeseen requests, the airline extends different methods of cancelation. Some passengers might prefer conventional options to modern methods or vice versa. Hence, to meet the demands of various customers, the airline offers both online and offline options under the Go IndiGo cancellation policy. With this cancelation policy, you are free to choose the method that you find the most suitable for your requirements and expertise.
Given below are the two main ways to cancel IndiGo flights:
- By using the online site
- By using the customer care service
The chatbot feature and the email option can also be used to request cancelations. Otherwise, the IndiGo Airlines mobile app is another plausible method to cancel your reservations. All of these options will be available 24 hours and seven days a week.
Additionally, through these methods, you can not only cancel flights but also change reservations, upgrade your seat types, check-in, and print your boarding passes.
Note: There is little to no difference in the execution of the IndiGo cancellation policy by either of these methods. Hence, the method of cancelation does not impact the success of ticket reversal.
Method 1: IndiGo Flight Cancellation via Online
The online IndiGo flight ticket cancellation is facilitated through the main website of this carrier. It is one of the easiest ways to make requests to the airline. Under this method, the passengers themselves carry out their cancelations. Hence, it is reliable as well. You can opt for this method for the reversal of long-distance flight tickets as well.
You can cancel your IndiGo flights online by opening its main website, submitting your details in the Edit Booking section, and processing cancelations. The step-by-step procedure to avail of this feature is described below:
- Open IndiGo Official Website.
- Scroll down to the “Plan Your Travel” section.
- Click on the “View All” button and select the “Edit Booking” option.
- Now, on the left side of the Edit Booking page, you will be given a dropdown list of the items you can modify on your booking. From this list, select the “Cancellation” option.
- As per the IndiGo Airlines cancellation policy, you can retrieve your reservation either by using the PNR number or not using it. For ticket retrievals using the PNR number, enter the following details:
- PNR Number or Booking Reference
- Email or Last Name
- For ticket retrievals without using the PNR number, you will have to provide the following information:
- Registered Mobile Number
- Departure Date
- Arrival Airport
- Departure Destination
- Continue by clicking on the “Get Itinerary” button highlighted in blue.
- Review your booking now and select the ticket that you wish to cancel.
- Select the Cancel Booking option and pay the amount required, if needed.
- You will get a confirmation email on your registered id.
The cancelation procedure is more or less similar on the mobile app as well. You will have to provide your details in the same manner and request cancelations on the app. The mode of canceling the tickets depends on the convenience of the passengers. The airline has both desktop as well as mobile app versions for the smooth flight canceling process.
Note: Utilizing the IndiGo flight ticket cancellation online option at least a few days before the flight’s departure can be helpful. Cancelations at the very last moment can be troublesome due to the time constraint.
Method 2: Cancelations Using The IndiGo Customer Care
The most famous and most widely used non-conventional method of cancelation is the use of customer care. Passengers can prefer this option in case of any cancelations at short notice. The customer care agents offer complete assistance for the hassle-free processing of the Go IndiGo flight ticket cancellation. This offline method can also prove to be viable for those travelers who are not closely associated with technology or who are not willing to cancel their tickets via the online method.
You can connect with the airline’s officials by dialing any of the following numbers:
- The toll-free number for USA passengers- is 1-844-297-3904
You can check the Contact Page of IndiGo Airlines for numbers pertaining to different regions or other ways to reach their customer care.
Upon connecting with the officials of the airline, follow the given steps to request your cancelation:
- The agent will first ask you about the reason for your call. Mention that you want to cancel your flight. You may also mention the reason for canceling your flight for further clarification to the agent.
- Then, you will be required to provide information about the flight that you wish to cancel. This includes ticket number, reference code, passenger full name, PNR number, arrival, and departure dates.
- You will then be given the option to choose flight cancelation or flight change. Insist that you want to cancel your flight.
- The agent will analyze your ticket fare and let you know the conditions under the cancellation policy of IndiGo Airlines.
- The officials will then initiate the cancelation process and it will be completed soon. You will receive a confirmation email as soon as the cancelation is processed.
Note: You can also simultaneously request an IndiGo cancellation refund while your flight is being canceled.
In case of IndiGo flight cancellation due to medical reasons, you may have to provide a medical certificate in support of your condition. However, this is not mandatory in all cases and cancelation can be completed without any legal proof. It is only a precautionary measure.
IndiGo Cancellation Charges
When you decide to discontinue your flight, you may have to pay the IndiGo flight cancellation charges. These charges mainly depend on the type of ticket you wish to cancel. The time at which passengers make their cancelation requests also plays a vital role in determining your fee. Additionally, service charges may be imposed upon connecting with the airline directly.
Given below are the various amounts of fees, under the IndiGo cancellation policy, to be paid depending upon your ticket fare and time of request:
|Ticket Type||Departure Days||Lite Fare||Regular Fare||Flexi Plus Fare||Return Fare|
|Domestic||0-3 Days||INR 3500||INR 3500||INR 3500||INR 3500|
|Domestic||4 Days||INR 3000||INR 3000||INR 500||INR 3000|
|International||0-3 Days||Upto INR 6500||Upto INR 6500||Upto INR 6000||Upto INR 6500|
|International||4 Days||Upto INR 6000||Upto INR 6000||Upto INR 1000||Upto INR 6000|
IndiGo Airlines Free Ticket Cancellation
You can avail of free cancelations on IndiGo Airlines provided that your ticket is canceled within 24 hours of booking. Ticket reversals without any flight cancellation charges in IndiGo will be possible if your flight is scheduled 7 days from the date of cancelation. According to the IndiGo full refund policy, Passengers can claim a full refund on such tickets and avoid the payment of the cancelation fee.
IndiGo Refund Policy
As per the IndiGo refund policy, the airline provides refunds upon your cancelation. However, it is important to note that only the tickets deemed refundable can be refunded. You will not be able to claim refunds on tickets that are non-refundable. Your class type will decide if your ticket is refundable and it can be found on the carrier’s official site.
To request a refund upon cancelation, follow the steps mentioned here:
- Open the IndiGo Airlines website.
- Go to the “Edit Booking” section and choose the refund option from the list of tabs.
- Retrieve your booking by providing the necessary details about the PNR number, passenger name, and Booking Reference.
- Select the Request Refund option to claim a refund. Confirm your flight credentials.
- As per the IndiGo flight refund policy, your amount will be processed within 7-10 business days in the form of payment you prefer.
Note: You can also check the status of your refund by clicking on the “Refund Status” option on the online site. Enter the details of the ticket which has been canceled and check the status.
IndiGo Canceled Flight Compensation
Owing to various reasons, the flights might sometimes get canceled by the airline itself. In other cases, they may get delayed due to weather problems or other technicalities. Some of the main causes for IndiGo flight cancellations and delays by the airline are highlighted below:
- Rains, storms, and cloudy weather
- Breakdown of the aircraft
- Faulty or damaged tires
- Issues with luggage
- Delays at connecting airports
- Technical issues
- Passenger overload
When flights get canceled due to the reasons mentioned above or due to any other emergency, you will be entitled to some compensation. The airline usually provides a compensatory amount of INR 20,000 when the flights get canceled. If your flight is delayed for 2 hours or more, the airline will fully refund your amount or book you an alternative flight. The same is for the case of preponed flights.
Note: You can seek more information about compensation for delay and IndiGo cancellation refund at the airport help desk.
IndiGo Airlines aims to offer convenience and comfort to its customers. For this purpose, it has formulated an inclusive and efficient IndiGo Airlines cancellation policy. It also allows free cancelations to suit the customers’ needs. This airline gives 24-hour assistance in case of cancelations and changes. Thus, it is an extremely beneficial and useful feature, especially for frequent flyers and long-distance travelers.
Frequently Asked Questions
The process to cancel your domestic tickets with IndiGo is similar to that of international flights. You can simply visit the webpage of the airline and enter the required details. You may then use the IndiGo flight cancellation feature to cancel your tickets online. The payment of the cancellation fee can be made through the online mode itself.
Yes, You can get a refund on an itinerary cancellation.
You will get a 100% refund if you cancel your IndiGo flight ticket within 24 hours of Booking.
Passengers can make any cancellations free of cost within 24 hours of reservation.
Follow these steps to cancel or request a refund.
1. Open the IndiGo Website Refund section
2. Enter PNR details
3. Choose “Cancel Booking”
4. Select your preferred refund method
5. Review your details
cancellations on the part of the airline can be due to various reasons. The main cause of the cancellation can be unsuitable flying conditions due to bad weather, hailstorms, heavy rains, and snow. Sometimes, faulty aircraft, technical difficulties, and delays can also result in flight cancellations. Luggage issues may be one of the reasons as well.
Yes, Passengers can get a full refund if they cancel the flight within 24 hours of Booking.
To be free from the payment of IndiGo flight ticket cancellation charges, you can go for the 24-hour policy. But if you reverse your reservation within 24 hours of its booking, you will not have to pay any amount. Thus, you can use this risk-free period to avail of free cancellations
Yes, the IndiGo flight cancellation policy allows the canceling of your tickets. You cannot only cancel but also modify and upgrade your tickets. Tickets directly booked with this carrier can be eligible for cancellations and changes. Both online and offline methods of cancellation of flights can be utilized for this purpose.
You can claim a refund on canceled tickets of IndiGo. The amount of refund depends on the original fare of your reserved ticket. Usually, you will be refunded the balance after deducting the cancellation charges from the fares. To get full refunds of your tickets, you will have to cancel your flight within 24 hours of booking.
If you wish to discontinue your trip, you can cancel your flights. For this, you can opt for IndiGo flight cancellation online or connect with customer care. You will have to open the carrier’s official site and find the Edit Booking option. Retrieve your reservation by entering the necessary details and proceed with the cancellation of your ticket.
For the online cancellation of your IndiGo ticket, open the main site of the airline. Go to the ‘Plan Your Travel’ section and select the ‘Edit Booking’ option. Here, select the ‘cancellation ‘ tab. Now, submit your flight information to view your reservation. Click on the ‘Get Itinerary’ button and select the ticket you want to cancel. Follow the on-screen directions and complete the cancellation procedure.
Upon the confirmation of your flight cancellation, you will have to make a claim for a refund. For this, open the official link of the airline. Provide your PNR number and passenger name in the Edit Booking section. Then, select the Request Refund option and claim a refund. Your amount will be transferred to you in about 7-10 business days.
If you fail to cancel your booking within the risk-free period of 24 hours, you have to pay the IndiGo cancellation charges. These charges vary with the time of request and the nature of the flight. Domestic flights, usually start at INR 3500. In the case of international flights, they start at INR 6500.
Under the Refund section of the website, you can find complete information about the eligibility of your refund. Hence, you can check this section while booking your ticket. This will allow you to know if your reservation is refundable or non-refundable. It will also determine the extent to which you can claim a refund.
Prateek Sood says:
I’m not so tech-savvy. But I had to cancel my ticket at a rather odd hour. Then I didn’t feel like connecting on call. So, I preferred doing it online. The website was easy to navigate. But the steps here on how to cancel a indigo flight ticket online made it all the more easy for me to go about the process. The entire process took me around 45 minutes.
Martin D. says:
The page finely mentions how to cancel indigo domestic flight tickets online. But it would have been better to know the best time to cancel them. I know that online cancellations via the website can be done at any time. But what is it with indigo? I had to do the whole process thrice. Because every time in the mid of it, the site would either hang or start working too slowly. I think this is probably because of the traffic issues but the problem must be fixed by the airline.