Basic guidelines have been adopted in the Lufthansa baggage policy. These guidelines have been made for bringing appropriate baggage on Lufthansa flights. This policy involves information on how much baggage weight a passenger should carry while flying with this airline.
- Lufthansa Baggage Allowance for Checked Items
- Lufthansa Carry on Baggage Policy Guidelines
- Lufthansa Overweight Baggage Fees
- Security Rules for Lufthansa Carry on Baggage Policy
- Lufthansa Airlines Baggage Policy for Pets
- Sport/Music Equipment Approved by Lufthansa Airlines
- Prohibited Items on Lufthansa Airlines
Lufthansa Baggage Allowance for Checked Items
Keeping in mind Lufthansa Airlines checked baggage allowance, the number and size of bags permitted are determined by fare class and location. The general guidelines for carrying checked baggage allowance include:
- For Economy and Premium Economy passengers, all checked baggage must weigh no more than 50 pounds.
- The maximum size for each item is 158 centimeters.
- You may carry multiple bags that do not exceed weight restrictions.
- You will be charged additional costs for transporting more than the required baggage.
|Cabin Class||Checked Bags||Maximum Weight Restrictions|
|Economy Light||0||50 lbs|
|Premium Economy||1||50 lbs|
|Business Class||2||70 lbs|
|First Class||3||70 lbs|
Lufthansa Carry on Baggage Policy Guidelines
Lufthansa baggage fees for excess items are to be paid on bringing too many objects on the journey. Based on certain routes, the fees can be:
|Routes||Extra Baggage Fees|
|North Africa, Central Asia, Mediterranean coast||$115|
|Short Intercontinental Destinations||$173|
|Medium Intercontinental Destinations||$230|
|Long Intercontinental Destinations||$287|
|Routes to/from Japan||$200|
Lufthansa Overweight Baggage Fees
Any bag, as per the Lufthansa oversize baggage policy, surpassing the allowed weight limit, may not be allowed. Bringing oversized and even overweight items requires basic baggage fees as described below:
|Destination Routes||Economy and Premium Economy Fares||Business and First-Class Fares|
|North Africa, Central Asia, and Eastern Mediterranean Coast||$173||$115|
|Short Intercontinental Destinations||$230||$173|
|Medium Intercontinental Destinations||$276||$230|
|Long Intercontinental Destinations||$345||$287|
|Routes to/from Japan||$400||$200|
Security Rules for Lufthansa Carry on Baggage Policy
Lufthansa baggage policy’s security rules state the items that are allowed for carrying. Being safe for both the owner and passengers onboard, these items have been provided with the approval:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Makeup Brushes
- Baby food
- Baby cereals
- Baby car seat
Lufthansa Airlines carry-on baggage policy for liquids is as shown:
- Liquids, lotions, and sprays must be stored in quart-sized plastic bags.
- No one item can weigh more than 3.4 oz.
- Larger containers can be carried in checked baggage.
- Coffee, milk powder, spices, and other powdered items must not surpass 12 ounces in your carry-on baggage.
In Lufthansa baggage allowance, these liquids and powders are always permitted:
- Medicines for babies
- Dietary supplements
- Ashes of a deceased individual
- Items exempted from taxes
Carrying Infants with Lufthansa Airlines
Lufthansa allows the carrying of infants inside the flight by obeying specific rules. Lufthansa baggage policy defines these rules for carrying them:
- Infants can sit in the lap of an adult.
- Alternatively, they can travel using an infant seat.
- Infants above the age of two must sit in their own seats.
- One person can only fly with one lap infant.
- When traveling with two infants, the second one will be seated in a separate seat.
Lufthansa Airlines Baggage Policy for Pets
While traveling with pets, the Lufthansa baggage policy for international flights carries these rules:
- In the passenger compartment, only tiny dogs and cats are permitted.
- A pet and carrier’s total weight must not surpass 17.6 lbs or 8 kg.
- The maximum number of pets permitted will be determined by the aircraft and available capacity.
- Per passenger, just one pet carrier is allowed.
- Each flyer is allowed to bring up to two dogs. On not following the same, Lufthansa extra baggage fees will be applied.
- The pet carrier must be able to prevent escape, injuries, and bites.
Sport/Music Equipment Approved by Lufthansa Airlines
Mentioned here are authorized sports and music instruments approved by Lufthansa Airlines:
- Fishing equipment
- Golfing equipment
- Hockey equipment
- Winter sports equipment
- Diving equipment
- Sports weapon
Prohibited Items on Lufthansa Airlines
These items are restricted under the Lufthansa baggage policy:
- Acids and alkalis
- Gas containers
- Wet cell batteries
- Self-defense sprays
- Flammable liquids
- Camping stoves
- Filled scuba tanks
- Electroshock weapons
- Explosives and fireworks
- Oxygen generators
- Heat-generating objects
- Liquid oxygen
- Lithium batteries
- Radioactive materials
- Strongly magnetic materials
Flyers have expressed how they felt after traveling with Lufthansa Airlines. To read what they revealed in Lufthansa Airlines reviews, click on this post now.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can carry up to 32 kg checked baggage in some instances.
Depending on the location you are flying to, the weight limit can be 23-32 kg.
You can take up to 4 bags. The limit can vary on the basis of domestic and international trips.
Utilize the baggage calculator featured by the carrier to know the extra baggage fee as per your traveling location and other attributes.
Usually, 1 carry-on and 1 checked bag are allowed. But the quantity can increase depending on certain factors.
Yes, once the free baggage allowance limit is exhausted, charges apply.
On Economy fares, 1 bag is free. For others, such as Business fares, 2 free bags are allowed in some locations.
The luggage limit varies as per the international location you are flying to. The baggage calculator can help in identifying it.
Flat charges apply as per the quantity of extra luggage. They are confirmed according to the exact attributes.
As per the Lufthansa baggage allowance, up to two bags can be allowed. But there can be variations.
You may carry musical instruments on the Economy Light fare ticket.
Try to arrive at least 60 minutes prior to your departure to ensure a smooth check-in procedure.