Last-minute emergencies can cause passengers to miss their flights. Such situations can cause extreme inconvenience if you are not properly prepared for them. Etihad Airways has designed a special policy to assist in these unforeseen circumstances. This Etihad Airlines missed flight policy determines what happens when your reservation goes unattended.
- Types Of Changes that can be made on Etihad Airways
- Important Terms Of The Missed Flight Policy
- Rules For Guest Seats On Etihad
- What Happens When I Miss My Etihad Flight?
- What Happens If You Miss Your Connecting Flight?
- No-Show Policy Of Etihad Airways
- Missed Flight Rebooking Policy Of Etihad Airways
- Rebooking Fee On Etihad
- Etihad Airways No-Show Fee
- Frequently Asked Questions – Etihad Airways Missed Flight Policy
Types Of Changes that can be made on Etihad Airways
Irrespective of whether you have missed your flight or not, sometimes it might become necessary to make a few changes to your tickets. Further, you can also rebook your missed flight Etihad Airways tickets by changing the itinerary.
However, only a few types of changes will be allowed on certain bookings as follows:
- Ticket cancellations
- Modification of passport details
- Updating passenger information
- Changing of seats
- Buying additional baggage
- Upgrading ticket type
The eligibility for performing these changes differs based on your ticket. Given below are the rules that are applicable to such modifications:
- You can alter the passenger details, purchase extra luggage, upgrade seats, etc.
- Update with Miles on all reservations which do not have any excess products/services.
- Similarly, all these changes can be made to tickets with excess baggage and additional legroom space.
- If your ticket involves travel insurance, then you will not be able to modify the flight details according to the rebooking policy.
- On Reward tickets, no changes can be made to the flight details, and upgrading with Miles is not possible as well.
- Only passenger information cannot be changed on multi-city reservations.
Note: The Etihad missed flight/cancellation policy allows all kinds of changes on open seats of Reward flights.
Important Terms Of The Missed Flight Policy
When you miss your flight, there are certain guidelines you will have to adhere to. By following these regulations, you will be able to avoid hassle when you have missed a flight on this carrier.
They are as follows:
- This policy is only applicable to passengers who have made their reservations with the airline directly.
- Generally, the reservations that the passengers were not able to attend will not be canceled.
- You can claim a refund on your missed flight tickets for the portions that were unused.
- A penalty might be charged when you are unable to board the aircraft at the departure time.
- The airline may try to put you on an alternative flight if stand-by seats are available.
- You will surely be provided with compensation or rebooking if you had to forgo your trip due to a reason out of the control of the carrier.
- Travelers can access the option of rebooking in case they were not able to attend the original one.
- A fee may be charged for rebooking trips. It can vary depending on different factors like:
- Flight itinerary
- End destination
- Ticket type
- Missed connections caused due to delays will be compensated by providing:
- alternative reservations
- or cash reimbursements.
- The no-show policy becomes applicable when you fail to show up at the airport at the appropriate time.
- Both domestic and international trips will be subject to the guidelines of this policy.
Note: The rules for Etihad Airways when missed connecting flights may slightly differ from those of regular trips. This is due to the involvement of secondary airlines in the former.
Rules For Guest Seats On Etihad
Guest seats are those which are booked with rewards. The rules for modifying these reservations are slightly different. Similarly, certain special regulations apply for date changes as well.
The guidelines for date modifications and guest changes are as follows:
- The fee for the date change will depend on your ticket. You can know this amount by checking the “Fare Rules” section available at the time of booking.
- For altering dates on Guest seats, a difference in fare will be payable.
- The charges on Guest reservations can be paid in the form of Miles or points as well.
- Claims for refunds on these award tickets cannot be done within the first 24 hours of booking.
- Etihad missed flights of guest bookings can be rebooked by paying a certain amount.
Note: The purchase of guest seats can be done using Etihad Guest Miles to save cash.
What Happens When I Miss My Etihad Flight?
In the event of missing your reservation, you can follow certain steps that will decide the fate of your booking.
- First and foremost, go to the help desk at the airport service center.
- Inform the agents here that you have skipped your flight.
- Give the details regarding your booking so that the airline can identify it.
- Most likely, you will be assigned an alternative trip subject to the disposal of stand-by options.
- You may have to wait for a while to be assigned an alternative booking.
- An Etihad Airlines missed flight fee might also have to be paid depending on the need of the hour.
- At times, you will be counted as a no-show passenger when you do not reach out to the agents after not attending your trip.
- Here, a separate set of regulations will be applicable.
- If your ticket is refundable, you can then request your money back. However, the success of the refund cannot be guaranteed.
- No further compensation may be provided for tickets that have been booked through outside sources.
- The type of your ticket and class of service will also determine your eligibility for getting a seat on an alternative trip.
What Happens If You Miss Your Connecting Flight?
Connecting trips are those where passengers have to change aircraft in the middle of the journey. Sometimes, you might miss these transition trips. This can be due to two main reasons:
- Delays caused by the airline
- Or, because of natural calamities
When the delay is caused by factors that are under the airline’s control like:
- Servicing of the airplane
- Mechanical issues
- Non-availability of pilots
- Baggage issues
compensation will be offered. This can be in the following forms:
- When your Etihad connecting flight is missed, the carrier will try to allocate you a seat on an alternative aircraft.
- This aircraft can be operated either by Etihad or any other immediately available airline.
- In case, a stand-by plane to the actual destination is not available, the airline may assign you on a plane to the next nearest stopover.
- You will not be required to pay any rebooking fee for accessing alternative reservations.
Sometimes, it may not be possible for the company to assign you to substitute flights due to a lack of availability. In such circumstances, the following facilities will be provided:
- As per the rebooking policy, hotel accommodations will be offered for overnight stays.
- Transport facilities for commuting between the hotel and the airport will be provided.
- Meals, drinks, and refreshments can be received in case of Etihad Airways missed/delayed flights.
- Communication services (email and telephone) can be accessed for free in these dire situations.
- To claim cash compensation or refund, you will have to connect with the airline authorities.
When the delay is caused by factors beyond the airline’s control like:
- Storms and bad weather
- Terrorist attacks
- Natural disasters
- Sudden air traffic
- Epidemic or pandemic
the airline will only be able to do so much in such instances. Although the operator will try to rebook other trips, it is not ensured whether you will be assigned another reservation. Further, getting a missed flight refund and another cash compensation is not guaranteed in such situations.
No-Show Policy Of Etihad Airways
Sometimes, you may be able to inform the company’s agents in advance that you are going to miss your trip. But, this is not possible in all situations and you might end up being a no-show passenger for your missed flight. These fliers will be subject to the following rules:
- A missed flight fee will be payable.
- These charges vary according to the type of ticket and class of service.
- You may also be required to pay a rebooking fee if you wish to reserve another trip. Free allotment on stand-by flights cannot be availed in such situations.
- When you fail to show up at the airport, the airline has the right to cancel your return flight in case of round trips.
- No-show passengers might not be eligible to claim refunds under Etihad missed flight policy.
- Non-refundable ticket holders will have to forego the value of their ticket completely.
- Not only your ticket type, but your destination can also affect the no-show policy.
- The rules for trips not operated by the EU are different than those under the control of the EU (European Union)
Tip: You do not have to hesitate to connect with the airline agents in case of any queries. They will assist you at any part of the day during the week.
Missed Flight Rebooking Policy Of Etihad Airways
Whether you missed your Etihad connecting flight or just a regular booking, the best option is to rebook another reservation. This helps you reserve the next immediate trip to the same destination. There are two ways in which you can complete the process:
- Online method – via the airline’s site
- Offline method – using the service center
Though both of these options offer the same results, their suitability may differ based on the time of the request. Also, the working procedures for both of these methods are different as described under.
Method 1: Online Rebooking Option
Under the online option, you can first check the status of your missed flight on Etihad in the “Flight Status” section. Depending on this status, you can check whether you are eligible for a direct option or rebooking after cancellation. Then, you may continue with the process through the “View or Change Booking” option.
The following steps explain how to rebook a trip online after missing your reservation:
- You will first have to open the official webpage by accessing the link “www.etihad.com”.
- On the top of the main panel of the page, you will see a few tabs.
- From there, select the “Manage” tab.
- Among the list of options provided in the drop-down box, select the “Flight Status” option.
- Here, enter your “Flight Number and “Departure Date” to know the status of your missed flight and whether you can continue with the procedure.
- Once it is confirmed that you can book your reservation again, select the “View and Change Booking” option under the same “Manage” tab.
- You will be redirected to a new page.
- Here, you have to enter a few details. These include:
- Booking Reference or Ticket Number
- Passenger last name
- Click on the “Find My Booking” option after providing these details.
- Your reservation will now be visible.
- From here, follow the on-screen directions.
- Use the rebooking option to make a new reservation for your Etihad Airlines missed flight.
- Make the payment of the necessary fees, if required.
In the end, you will get a confirmation mail to your registered address. This will be regarding the completion of the process. Make sure that your new trip is booked to the original destination.
Method 2: Offline Rebooking Option
The online process may not be fully suitable in case of last-minute rebookings. Under such circumstances, the offline method can be a viable option. According to this method, you will have to contact the agents to request a rebooking. This option can also be used for rescheduling Etihad Airways’ missed connecting flights.
Follow the given steps to reschedule your flight offline:
- Call the airline at 1800 123 3901.
- Once you connect with the agents, let them know that you have missed your journey and would like to rearrange an alternative reservation.
- The agents will assess your eligibility according to Etihad missed flight policy.
- Then they will proceed with the rebooking process.
- You will be asked to give certain details like Passenger’s name, Booking code, Reference number, and such information.
- To finalize your new flight, pay the required rebooking fee.
The agents will get back to you through a call once the new flight is confirmed.
Rebooking Fee On Etihad
This airline has mentioned in its missed flight policy that some amount might be charged for rebooking. To find the exact details, it will be best to contact the carrier.
A service charge might also be charged to process the requests made by travelers. This fee depends on the type of service you have requested:
- In case you want to change the date of the new booking after missing your flight, an extra 10% fee will be payable.
- Cancellation charges for unattended bookings will be applicable separately.
- The rebooking fee will include taxes as well.
Etihad Airways No-Show Fee
As per the no-show policy of this carrier, when you do not arrive at the airport at the departure time and neither inform the airline about it, you will be charged a penalty.
- The exact amount of the penalty is not mentioned under Etihad’s missed/delayed flight policy.
- This fee will differ based on:
- your destination,
- the original fare of the ticket,
- demand conditions,
- and availability of stand-by seats.
- Along with the no-show fee, you will also have to pay the change fee.
- It is applicable when you wish to reschedule a new flight.
- The penalty can be more than or less than the original value of your ticket.
- Payment of this fee can be done online or at the airport center.
- In case you avoid paying these charges:
- the airline might cancel all your future reservations
- or may not allow you to make bookings with the operator again.
When you do not attend an air journey, Etihad still aids you. It unfolds the possible measures that can help you rebook it. Otherwise, it can help you make up for that loss.
Frequently Asked Questions – Etihad Airways Missed Flight Policy
The airline will book you an alternative flight if possible or else you can apply for a refund.
The exact amount of the rebooking fee on this carrier can be known by connecting with the airline authorities directly.
In such cases, you will immediately be assigned an alternative flight by the airline. You will not be required to pay any charges for such rescheduling.
The no-show policy states that any passenger who fails to show up at the airline at the desired time will be charged a penalty. The amount of this penalty can vary.
You can rebook your missed flight online by using the “Manage” option. Enter your details and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
You can rebook your flights either online or offline. Online rebooking can be done via the “Manage” section of the main site. Offline rescheduling can be done by connecting with the airline authorities.