The Aer Lingus flight change policy has been designed to enable fliers in modifying their reservations. Additionally, they can alter their flight itineraries. By going through this policy, fliers can get an idea about the different ways via which they can change their flights and about the fee structure as well.
- What are the Main Aer Lingus Flight Change Rules?
- Is there an Aer Lingus Change Flight Destination Option?
- How Many Modifications Does Aer Lingus Flight Change Policy Allow?
- What is the Aer Lingus Flight Change Eligibility?
- Are Free Flight Changes Allowed on Aer Lingus?
- How much does it cost to change a flight with Aer Lingus?
- How to Change Your Flight on Aer Lingus?
- Method 1: Via the Official Site
- Method 2: Using the Mobile Application
- Method 3: Online Chatbot Feature
- Method 4: Contacting the Airline Agents
- Aer Lingus Flight Change Refund Eligibility
- What Happens if Aer Lingus Changed My Flight Time?
- Connecting with Aer Lingus on Social Media
What are the Main Aer Lingus Flight Change Rules?
This flight change feature will only be made available when you follow all the basic rules and regulations given under the Aer Lingus Change flight policy.
- There should be sufficient proof that your reservation is made officially.
- If you have booked your ticket via a travel agent, you will have to contact them directly.
- The conditions imposed by the arrival countries also apply to ticket changes.
- In the case of partner flights, the rules of the other airline should be taken into account.
- Flight modifications include all the following categories:
- Itinerary adjustments
- Seat modifications
- Fare transfers
- Name change on Aer Lingus
- Automatic transfers to new reservations are not permitted.
- It is possible for the passengers to just adjust only a part of the entire itinerary.
- A fee or a difference in fare might apply to such alterations.
- If your itinerary does not permit modifications, then the reservation must be rebooked.
Note: Any destination-specific conditions will be informed to the passengers at the time of reservation.
Is there an Aer Lingus Change Flight Destination Option?
The Aer Lingus change flight policy does allow its passengers to alter their destination. This comes under the itinerary modification category:
- Destinations must be changed at least 2 hours before the flight’s departure.
- A fare difference has to be paid based on the price of your new ticket.
- No refunds will be granted when the new fare is lower than the original booking.
- The country of departure should remain the same.
- Flights should be scheduled within one year from the booking date.
- Reservations on which the destination has been altered are non-transferable.
- Modifying only a part of the itinerary is limited.
- The approval to alter your destination will be granted based on:
- Space availability
- Aer Lingus check-in conditions
How Many Modifications Does Aer Lingus Flight Change Policy Allow?
Recently, this airline has made an update to its change policy according to which unlimited modifications will be permitted. However, this is possible when:
- The tickets must have been booked on or before 1 February 2023.
- This feature will only be available for 7 days before the scheduled departure.
- Unlimited alterations include Aer Lingus change flight date and destination.
- Changes should be made in the same region as that originally booked.
What is the Aer Lingus Flight Change Eligibility?
Based on the type of ticket and fare, it will be decided whether you are eligible for the Aer Lingus change of flight facility. Further, the conditions for modification differ for each of these fae types.
Flights within Europe:
The following table highlights the eligibility for unlimited changes for different types of flexible fares:
|Type of Fare||Eligibility|
Now, further conditions apply to each of these Flexible fares on flights within Europe as follows:
For Plus or Saver fares:
- A change fee will be incurred per flight or modification.
- An additional difference in fare has to be paid.
- The price of the new ticket will be taken into account for the calculation of the difference.
When having AerSpace or Advantage fares:
- It is mandatory to pay the difference in fare irrespective of the type of adjustment.
- An extra fee for the alteration of the flight itinerary will not have to be paid.
- No fee will be charged for alterations made at the check-in counter.
- Modifications to the flight can be made on the day of departure.
- There will be no charges incurred for missing your take-off as a result of a flight change
Change Aer Lingus flight option on transatlantic flights can only be availed on the eligible fares as mentioned in the table given here:
|Fare||Unlimited Changes Eligibility|
The conditions of change for each type of these tickets are further explained:
For Saver or Smart fares:
- The Aer Lingus flight change fee has to be paid by each customer on each ticket.
- The difference in fare will be charged separately.
- Fees will be incurred even for the upgradation/selection of seats.
In the case of Flex fares:
- Alterations can be made on the day of check-in.
- No fee will be charged for missing your take-off.
- The destination of the flight can be modified for free.
For Business fares:
- The flight time and itinerary can only be adjusted based on the availability of new flights.
- You can change the flight date on Aer Lingus.
- No exemption will be allowed on the payment of the difference in fare.
When having Business Flex fares:
- Passengers can alter the date and time of the existing reservation.
- Adjustments to the destination or route will be allowed if a stand-by flight is available.
- Alterations can be made for free without any difference in fare.
Are Free Flight Changes Allowed on Aer Lingus?
There are certain exemptions where the passengers can make alterations for free.
- Change flight within 24 hours Aer Lingus will be charged no fee.
- Travel dates altered within 330 days from the date of booking incur no amount.
- Destination modifications in the same region can be done for free.
- No fee will be charged on Business class fares.
How much does it cost to change a flight with Aer Lingus?
A fee will be charged separately on some fares while on others, only a cost difference will be incurred.
Based on Aer Lingus Flights Online Modifications
|Online Changes||Fee in USD||Fee In EUR||Fee in GBP|
For airport and guest service adjustments:
|Guest Service Changes||Charge (USD)||Cost (EUR)||Fees (GBP)|
|Date, route, destination, seat, itinerary||80||50||40|
When making a destination change:
|UK, Europe, and Ireland||EUR 40 or USD 60|
|North America||EUR 100 or USD 150|
Other Conditions of Aer Lingus Flight Change Fee:
Some other general regulations are applicable while paying the fee to change flight on Aer Lingus.
- The price of the original booking will decide the applicable cost for certain destinations.
- It will always be charged per customer except for infants.
- A combination of costs will be incurred on connecting flights.
- Per sector fee will have to be paid in case of itinerary adjustments.
How to Change Your Flight on Aer Lingus?
The Aer Lingus flight change policy offers two main modes of making modifications namely online and offline.
Method 1: Via the Official Site
To change your flight online using the website of Aer Lingus, you can follow the steps given here:
- On the main page, find the “Manage Trip” tab.
- Under “Manage Your Upcoming Trip”, enter the required details.
- These details include your “Booking Reference” and “Family Name”.
- Once this information is correctly filled out, tap on “Manage Trip”.
- Now, manage your booking on Aer Lingus.
- Use the instructions given on your screen to alter the flight.
- Complete the payment of the necessary change fees.
Method 2: Using the Mobile Application
Another one of the simple online change methods provided by this carrier is the mobile application option.
- Log in to the application.
- Navigate through the various features on the app to find the flight modification option.
- Follow the directions on the application and use the Aer Lingus change flight Policy facility.
- Make the required modifications and pay the fees.
- Confirm your details in the mail received at the end of the procedure.
Method 3: Online Chatbot Feature
The newly introduced chatbot feature is a service that enables passengers to talk to a real-time artificial person.
- Open the site of the airline.
- Find the “Help and Support” section.
- Here, click on the “Contact Us” hyperlink.
- On this redirected page, you will find a chat icon at the bottom right. Tap on it.
- Now, click on the “Start Chat” button.
- You can now either log in using “Messenger” or click on “Continue as Guest”.
- The virtual assistant will now become available.
- You can now type “How to Change Flight” in the “Ask a Question” section.
- You will now be provided with instructions on flight modification.
Method 4: Contacting the Airline Agents
Under the offline options, connecting with the airline authorities is suggested for modifications. Based on your area of residence, the Aer Lingus change flight contact number can differ.
|Ireland||(01) 761 7834|
|The United Kingdom||0333 004 5000|
|Belgium||+32 25 85 52 43|
|France||+33 18 69 95 728|
|The Netherlands||+31 707 006 106|
|Spain||+34 918 362265|
|Switzerland||+41 44 52 46 766|
|Portugal||+351 21 3665399|
|The United States of America||(516) 622-4222|
|Barbados||+1 516 622 4222|
|Australia||+ 0061 2 8349 9876|
This offline option should be used to make changes on all bookings that include partner airlines, connecting points, and stopover destinations. Once you connect with the agent, you can:
- Inform the reason for your call.
- Put forward your flight change request.
- You will be asked to provide all the required details about your flight.
- Provide the details of your new flight as well
- Make the payment of the charge incurred.
- Recheck the information in the confirmation mail received.
Note: You can also request the authorities to connect you with an agent who speaks your preferred language.
Aer Lingus Flight Change Refund Eligibility
In case your new flight costs less than your original booking, you will not be required to pay a fare difference. You may have the option to request a refund of this difference amount.
The eligibility for Aer Lingus flight change refund within Europe both in the form of cash or voucher is highlighted in the table below:
|Fare Type||Cash Refund Eligibility||Voucher Refund Eligibility|
|Saver||Not eligible||Not eligible|
|Plus||Not eligible||Not eligible|
On transatlantic fares, the eligibility conditions are as follows:
|Fare||Cash Refund||Voucher Refund|
|Saver||Not eligible||Not eligible|
Note: The refund on Business fares will be deducted by 15%.
How to Get a Flight Change Refund on Aer Lingus?
To request a refund on this carrier, you can follow the steps mentioned here:
- Come to Aer Lingus’ website.
- Find the “Help and Support” section at the bottom of the page.
- Click on the “Support” link.
- In the new redirected page, type “Aer Lingus Flight Change Refund” in the search bar.
- Next, click on the “Search” option.
- A link to the “Refund Request Form” will now be provided.
- Fill out all the required details on this form under the sections as:
- Contact Information
- Flight Information
- Additional Customers (If Applicable)
- Type of Refund Request
- If you have any additional queries, type them out under the “Comments” section.
- After giving all the necessary details, click on the “Submit” button.
- The airline agents will get back to you and your refund will be processed.
Note: Refunds will only be issued in the original form of payment through which the initial ticket was purchased.
What Happens if Aer Lingus Changed My Flight Time?
In case the carrier has altered your reservation involuntarily, you will be entitled to receive compensation, as per the Aer Lingus flight change policy.
- You will first be notified about the modification via SMS or email.
- Monetary compensation will be granted based on the duration of the delay.
- Service compensation will be offered at the airport.
- Passengers will be accommodated on the available stand-by flights.
- No fee will be charged for further modifications.
- Refunds either in the form of cash or vouchers will be awarded.
Connecting with Aer Lingus on Social Media
In case you wish to contact the agents via social media, utilize the following information:
Hi there, could you please message us your booking details? https://t.co/h3SQABGAOz— Aer Lingus (@AerLingus) February 23, 2023
The Aer Lingus flight change policy permits various types of modifications, thus being immensely beneficial to the passengers. It offers various methods to access this feature, further enhancing the accessibility of this facility.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, this carrier allows its customers for Aer Lingus change flight booking.
Seat changes are permitted on this carrier after the check-in opens.
Yes, the Aer Lingus change name on the flight option is available.
The fee to modify the reservation can start from USD 40 onward.
Use “Manage Trip” on the website of Aer Lingus to modify a flight.
Dial the Aer Lingus change flight phone number – (516) 622-4222 (the US) for adjustments.
Yes, this airline permits customers to edit their arrival or departure dates.
Free flight changes will only be allowed under specific circumstances.
Name changes can be done by visiting the website of the air operator.
You can call the airline authorities at the toll-free number to make adjustments to your flight dates.
There is no limit on the number of times you can modify your flight provided that there are at least 7 days left for departure.
The airline might not permit you to alter your booking if it is made via unofficial sources.