It has been described in the Xiamen baggage policy how passengers must present their bags as well as carry them. This baggage policy has specific rules that every customer should obey. For domestic routes, this Chinese airline has adopted the weight concept, while for international destinations, the operator uses the piece concept.
Xiamen Air Baggage Allowance to Transport Checked Items Onboard
Xiamen Airlines allows visitors to bring on checked items at no charge. These checked bags must pass through the security screening according to Xiamen Airlines’ check-in baggage allowance policy. The check-in allowance of this operator comes with different regulations for domestic and international routes.
- Economy passengers traveling with Xiamen Airlines baggage allowance for domestic routes can take up to only 20 kilograms.
- Business Class flyers can hold approx 30 kilograms of luggage with them.
- First Class visitors of this operator can bring a maximum weight of 40 kilograms of their luggage.
- Members of the Egret Miles Premier of Xiamen Airlines can have an extra bag allowance when booking the proprietary flight.
- Diamond members can bring additional 40 kilograms of their baggage inside the flight.
- Those who are booking their reservation as Platinum members can take an extra 30 kilos, under the Xiamen Air baggage policy.
- Gold members can book their tickets by carrying additional 20 kilos of their total weight.
For every itinerary, Xiamen Airlines follows a different Piece of Concept. By “Piece of Concept” we mean how many bags the passengers can carry inside the cabin.
Take a look at the table below to find the piece, weight, and size restrictions suggested by the Xiamen baggage allowance on Zone 1 routes:
|Class||Piece(s)||Weight (in kilograms)||Size (in inches/centimeters)|
|Infants without a seat||1||10||45/115|
For Zone 2 destinations, the following pieces, size, and weight limits for travelers flying with Xiamen Airlines international baggage policy apply:
|Class||Piece||Weight (in Kilograms)||Size (in Inches/Centimeters)|
|Infants having no seat||1||10||45/115|
Xiamen Airlines Cabin Baggage Policy
Cabin baggage can be known as hand luggage which the flyers can bring with them on board. Airlines such as Xiamen allow flyers to carry cabin bans. The Xiamen Airlines baggage policy for taking cabin bags varies as per the route and class. This hand luggage can be kept under the seats of the passengers.
|Category||Travel Class||Number of Bags (Weight Concept)||Number of Bags (Piece Concept)|
- The maximum cabin weight to be carried for Xiamen Airlines international baggage allowance can be 5 kilograms. The same is applicable for domestic cabin baggage.
- Cabin baggage should not exceed the size limits of 55 x 40 x 20 centimeters.
Xiamen Airlines Baggage Fees: Excess/Overweight/Oversized Items
Excess baggage fees should be paid to Xiamen Airlines when the overall weight of the bags surpasses the complimentary checked bag allowance. This fee has to be paid by a traveler when the weight concept is in effect. Talking about this concept, when the baggage is found to be overweight, extra fees may have to be given by the flyer.
Xiamen Airlines excess baggage fees charged per piece can be:
|Category of Baggage||Charges of Economy Baggage (in CNY)||Charges of Business and First Class Baggage (in CNY)|
|First Extra Piece||500||1200|
|Second Extra Piece||1000||2400|
|Overweight Baggage (23-32 kgs)||1000||1000|
|Overweight Baggage (32.1-45 kgs)||3000||3000|
Approved Items at Xiamen Airlines
For taking items onboard, Xiamen Airlines’ regulations can be strict. However, the Xiamen baggage policy’s regulations are mostly focused on safety. That is why the operator approves only certain items on flights. Being safe, the items may not cause any casualty inside the flights.
These items can be taken by the flyers inside the flights of this Chinese air carrier:
- Baby cots
- Baby food items
- Certain medicines
- Baby car seats
- Safety pins
- Mobility devices
- Power banks
- Mobile Phones
Note: All the items listed above may be given to the staff of Xiamen Airlines for security screening purposes. To keep these items, a handbag or a small bag is recommended in the Xiamen Airlines carry-on baggage allowance. In addition, for bringing liquid items on the flight, the passengers must store them in zip-lock bags/tight containers. The liquids must not reach above the limit of 3.4 oz.
Xiamen Baggage Policy for Carrying Infants
Xiamen Airlines, with its headquarters in China, allows all the passengers to carry their infants. While carrying them, certain rules need to be accepted. The parent should ensure that the infant does not travel if it is less than 2 days old.
Other Xiamen Airlines baggage allowance rules for infants are:
- An infant who is less than 24 months old can be charged 10% of the total ticket fare.
- A baby fare has to be paid by the passenger when it needs a separate seat.
- Xiamen baggage policy for infants allows only a single infant to be seated on the lap.
- An additional fare may be charged when a passenger carries two or more infants.
- When the infant is traveling on its own ticket, the fare can be reduced by 50% on domestic flights and 75% on international routes.
- Infants may not be allowed to have their separate free baggage allowance.
- Baby strollers or car seats can be checked for free.
- A diaper bag can be considered for free checking.
Xiamen Baggage Policy for Bringing Pets
Several airlines may or may not allow pets to be taken on journeys. Considering the Xiamen baggage policy, a passenger may be unable to carry his/her pet while flying. Specially licensed dogs, guide dogs, and rescue dogs, etc., are permitted to travel on the planes of the airline. Only one passenger can carry a single dog with him/her on Xiamen flights.
For carrying service pets as Xiamen checked luggage, please read the following:
- Service dogs may fly in the main cabin. They may be carried as checked-in luggage along with their crates and food.
- These dogs can be transported for free but may not be allowed to have a complimentary baggage allowance.
- Dogs in the Xiamen aircraft must be chained up prior to departure.
- Passengers must give their permission before removing the leash of their pets in the aircraft.
Sports/Musical Instruments on Xiamen Airlines Flights
Xiamen Airlines baggage allowance permits flyers to carry instruments relating to sports and music. Some of the items belonging to the categories may or may not certainly be safe. Regarding safety, the concern of the airline can be greater when a flyer is taking sports items that may induce harm. Therefore, reading through the following list can help identify the items that can be carried:
- Fishing equipment
- Golf equipment
- Water skiing equipment
- Wakeboarding equipment
- Hockey equipment
- Scuba diving equipment
- Bowling equipment
- Sporting firearms
- Archery equipment
- Hang-gliding equipment
- Paragliding equipment
- Kitesurfing equipment
Note: Small musical instruments, being carried on Xiamen, must be under 23 kilograms of weight.
Restricted Items by Xiamen Baggage Policy
Due to various security reasons, certain items may be restricted by Xiamen Airlines. Items such as knives, sharp-edged tools, scissors, etc., can be dangerous. Carrying explosives can also be injurious to the passengers onboard. In the Xiamen baggage policy, more such items have been restricted. These include:
- Certain gases
- Flammable liquids
- Oxidizing substances
- Flammable solids
- Toxic insecticides
- Radioactive materials
- Lithium batteries
- Stun guns
- Battery-operated wheelchair
A number of flyers who have traveled from China with Xiamen Airlines have had a pleasant experience while flying. The baggage policy of the airline may have played a key role in making their experience positive.
With this thought, several airlines form baggage policies for the convenience of flyers of all ages. KLM Airlines has also created its policy. To know the guidelines it carries, please see the KLM baggage policy.
Frequently Asked Questions of Xiamen Baggage Policy
Economy Class passengers flying as per the Xiamen Airlines check-in baggage allowance are approved to take a single bag. This single bag can be checked by the airline at 0 cost. The allotted weight restrictions of the checked baggage should be 23 kilograms and the size should not cross 62 linear inches.
Xiamen Airlines charges extra baggage fees based on the number of bags the travelers carry. For example, when Economy flyers travel with a single excess bag, approximately 500-1200 CNY fees can be charged. Xiamen Airlines excess baggage fees for Business and First Class passengers can be 1000-2400 CNY, for bringing two bags.
Xiamen Airlines allows its international travelers to check one bag for free. Other than that the international First Class passengers can bring 3 bags, each weighing 32 kilograms. Business Class flyers, as suggested by Xiamen International baggage policy, can take 2 bags of 32 kilos. Economy travelers of the airline can carry 2 bags of 23 kilos, each.
When Business and First Class flyers want to check their hold luggage for free, they can take up to 3 bags. The Xiamen Air baggage policy describes that Economy travelers can take a maximum of up to 2 bags. However, it must be ensured that the hold luggage remains under 23 kilograms.
Chinese Airlines like Xiamen do not permit pets to travel in the cabin classes. The temperature and surface of the cabin class may not be suitable for certain pets. Service dogs, especially licensed dogs, guide dogs, and specially-abled dogs, can travel with their owners in the cabin. The Xiamen baggage policy for pets reveals that these pets assist their owners in guiding. Hence, the airline can allow them to travel in the cabin.