Allegiant is a popular North-American airline company that can offer scheduled and chartered flights at an extremely low cost. Its headquarters can be located in Nevada which is a suburb of Las Vegas. During its foundation period in 1997, it was known to be the WestJet Express. Being one of the major air carriers, the airline can stand at the fourteenth position among all the commercial airlines operating in the state.
Those who want to fly with it should be aware of the Allegiant baggage policy. A baggage is a bag or a suitcase that people carry while traveling from one place to another. It may differ in terms of various things. For enabling fair baggage carrying to the flyers, this policy has been made.
- Allegiant Checked Baggage Policy
- Allegiant Airlines Carry-on Luggage
- Allegiant Personal Items Baggage Rules
- Allegiant Military Baggage Policy
Allegiant Checked Baggage Policy
Checked baggage is that which can be carried with a customer to the cabin but is submitted at the airport while checking in. It can then be collected safely from the airport where you land.
Checked Bag Weight Limit
- The limit for each of the bags should not cross 18 kg or 40 lbs.
For carrying luggage greater than this quantity, flying with Aeromexico can be a superb choice.
Checked Bag Size Limit
- It should be 80 linear inches or 203 centimeters including the length, width, and height.
- Up to 4 checked bags of the given size can be purchased at the time of ticket booking or at the airport.
Allegiant Checked Bag Fees:
- A total of 4 checked baggage can be purchased after paying a fee.
- A single bag can cost around 22-44 USD when purchased while booking the ticket.
- As you buy it pre-departure, a fee of 45 USD can be applied.
- For travelers who want to get it from the airport, an amount of 50 USD can be needed according to the number of bags.
- In case you have purchased 4 pieces of baggage online and still want to carry the 5th one, you may do so by paying 50 USD at the airport counter.
- An additional charge of 50-75 USD can be applied should it exceed the weight limit.
Allegiant Airlines Carry-on Luggage
Carry-on luggage is a mini bag that travelers can keep by themselves while flying. It is important that it properly fits inside the bin above your seat and follows the allegiant baggage rules. Items that are considered as carry-on baggage can be:
- Garment bag
- Tote bag
Carry-on Baggage Weight Restrictions
Only one carry-on baggage can be purchased.
The maximum weight of the carry-on baggage that can be transported may not have a specific limit.
Carry-on Size on Allegiant Air
- The size of the carry-on baggage should not exceed 9 x 14 x 22 inches or 22.9 x 35.6 x 55.9 centimeters.
Airlines Carry-on Baggage Fees
- A nominal fee may be charged for transporting carry-on baggage.
- If you purchase it at the time of booking, a fee between 18-30 USD can be charged, based on the route of your travel.
- Those who purchase it pre-departure will have to pay a fee of 45 USD.
- In case you purchase it from the counter of the airport ticket, a fee of 50 USD can be needed.
- The oversized/excess carry-on baggage may cost around 50-75 USD under the Allegiant airlines baggage fees 2019/2020/2021.
While this carrier can be more apt for professionals, military men, and other individuals, for traveling with infants, you may prefer Egyptair.
Allegiant Personal Items Baggage Rules
A personal item is a small bag that can be carried along with a traveler while boarding a flight. It needs to be placed under the seat of the person as is considered agreeable by Allegiant. The list of the personal items that can be allowed as personal items may consist of:
- Small backpack
- Laptop bag
- Diaper bag
- Food items that can be consumed immediately
Personal Item Weight Limit
- The maximum amount of weight that can be carried is 11.34 kg or 25 lbs.
- Travelers can carry one item that fits in a small space.
Personal Item Size on Allegiant
- The dimensions of the Allegiant personal item size should not exceed 17.8 x 38.1 x 40.6 centimeters or 7 x 15 x 16 inches.
Personal Item Baggage Fees
- The baggage is free of cost if carried within the mentioned weight limit.
- In case there is more than one personal item bag or the one you are carrying is more than the size described, an amount between 50-75 USD can be charged.
Allegiant Military Baggage Policy
Special allowances are offered to the on-duty military persons who are active and reserved. They are also provided to military veterans. The list of the given uniformed services that can avail the Allegiant Air military baggage benefits are:
- The U.S. Army
- Air Force
- Marine Corps
- Coast Guard
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Officer Corps
- Public Health Service Commissioned Corps
Military Bag Weight Limitations
- The specified weight limit is to be followed for carrying a personal item or carry-on baggage.
- The maximum weight of checked luggage should not go above 45.4 kg/100 lbs.
Military Baggage Size Limits on Allegiant
- The personal item, as well as the carry-on bag, should be according to the standard size.
- The size of the checked baggage can be 115 linear inches.
Allegiant Military Bags Charges
- The bag can be carried free of cost for all three categories.
- Travelers may not be charged when the luggage is oversized.
Note: If you want to travel with a pet, you may do so without paying for it. The no-fee policy also applies to the family members of a militant on-duty or a veteran, in case they are traveling together and have valid ID proof.
Due to the allowance of excellent onboard facilities, including the low-cost fees of the luggage, travelers may look forward to flying with this airline. You can find the Allegiant baggage policy useful for understanding completely about this facility. By knowing these rules prior to your travel, you can ensure to have a pleasant flight without any problem.