It is always a good idea to be aware of the baggage policy, fees, and other important aspects of AeroMexico if you have a scheduled trip. Knowing AeroMexico baggage policy and other aspects can save you from a lot of unwanted issues on the day of your trip. This air operator of Mexico is best-identified for having standard policies which are designed in a way that every passenger can easily understand. Being a top-notch name in the country, the airline is headquartered in Mexico City.
- Types of Bags under AeroMexico Baggage Policy
- AeroMexico Checked Baggage Cost and Rules
- AeroMexico Checked Baggage Weight Limit
- AeroMexico Checked Luggage Size Limit
- AeroMexico Checked Baggage Fees
- AeroMexico Carry-on Baggage Guidelines
- AeroMexico Carry-on Weight Limits
- AeroMexico Carry-on Dimensions
- AeroMexico Luggage Allowance for Hand Baggage
- AeroMexico Baggage Policy for Special Items
- Restricted Items on AeroMexico Flights
Types of Bags under AeroMexico Baggage Policy
This leading carrier of Mexico has a straightforward baggage policy that defines rules with references to types of bags. AeroMexico basic baggage rules may largely take into consideration the size, weight, and safety aspects of items. While checking-in, when the rules are found to be followed, only then can they be taken onboard.
- Hold Luggage: Also called checked baggage, hold luggage contains the bags that are carried by this airline itself. A passenger is not allowed to take these bags on the flight. Hold luggage or checked baggage should be checked-in before the scheduled departure online or at the airport. The AeroMexico luggage allowance for checked baggage has some restrictions in terms of size and weight.
- Hand Baggage: Hand baggage is also referred to as cabin baggage or carry-on baggage. These are the bags that are carried by a passenger on the flight. AeroMexico carry-on policy has some guidelines for the weight and dimensions. As per the policy, the bag you are carrying should fit well under the front seat or in the space provided in the overhead bin.
- Lap Infant Carry-On: This air operator allows parents to travel without any hassle with their infants. It has formed a smooth and passenger-friendly lap infant carry-on policy. According to these rules, you can also carry 2 items free of cost including a diaper bag, stroller, or bassinet.
Things may slightly vary for different circumstances. Besides these basic bags types, the AeroMexico baggage policy accommodates the below ones too:
- Traveling with Musical and Sports Instruments: AeroMexico international baggage allowance, as well as domestic luggage rules, allows the travelers to carry one musical instrument on the flight but as a carry-on item. It should not exceed the size and weight restrictions mentioned in the policy. Apart from this, you can also fly with your sports equipment. You will need to pay a fee for the same. For instance, if you want to transport hockey equipment, water sky equipment, hang gliding equipment, boogie board equipment, bowling equipment, parachute, fencing sword, or riding horse equipment, then you will need to pay USD 75 and USD 150 for domestic and international routes, respectively.
- Flying with Loving Pet: This Mexican airline allows passengers to travel with their pets. There are several restrictions for the same. The fee, as per the pet policy, may vary for different destinations. So, it is advised to check the policy and applicable fees beforehand.
AeroMexico Checked Baggage Cost and Rules
Checked or hold luggage should meet the criteria mentioned under the policy of the airline, checked baggage size and weight. When they are surpassed, the customers can be charged Aeromexico Airlines baggage fees.
The detailed information about the same has been given here:
AeroMexico Checked Baggage Weight Limit
- A passenger can be allowed to carry only 55 pounds or 25 kg within Mexico and 50 pounds or 23 kg for other routes in the Main Cabin.
- The maximum weight for the Clase Premier is 70 pounds or 32 kg for all routes. One can get 2 bags except for between Mexico and Asia (for this route 3 bags can be included) within this limit.
AeroMexico Checked Luggage Size Limit
- All checked or hold luggage should have the linear dimensions of 62 inches or 158 cm
AeroMexico Checked Baggage Fees
- For the Main Cabin, there is no free bag. Passengers are required to pay USD30 for each bag.
- The second bag can cost USD55.
- A baggage fee of USD180 can be levied for the 3rd bag.
- If you carry 4 or more bags (but up to 10), then you may need to pay USD200 for each.
- When a flyer has a ticket of Clase Premier, he/she may not require any fee for the first 2 bags.
Note: On checking a bag that exceeds the given weight and size dimensions, as per the AeroMexico baggage policy, you may need to pay USD150 per bag. This fee amount may vary depending on the class and route chosen.
AeroMexico Carry-on Baggage Guidelines
A carry-on can be a standard bag or a personal item. This may include handbags, laptops, briefcases, and so on. One thing that you should keep in mind is that the item that you are bringing should be stowed in the given space. The AeroMexico carry-on weight limit, size dimensions, and fees can be:
AeroMexico Carry-on Weight Limits
- The weight for the standard bags should not exceed the limit of 22 pounds or 10 kg.
- It should easily fit within the provided space.
AeroMexico Carry-on Dimensions
- As per the AeroMexico baggage policy, the size of the personal item should be 55 cm x 40 cm x 25 cm or 21.5 inches (L) x 15.7 inches (W) x 10inches (H)
- For the standard bag, the dimensions can be 55 cm x 40 cm x 25 cm or 21.5 inches (L) x 15.7 inches (W) x 10 inches (H)
AeroMexico Luggage Allowance for Hand Baggage
- A standard bag and personal item can be carried for free. They should meet the necessary weight and size-related conditions.
- In case your baggage goes beyond the given limit, you can pay the fee for oversized or overweight bags.
AeroMexico Baggage Policy for Special Items
Being a passenger-friendly scheduled flight service provider for more than 80 destinations within and outside the country, AeroMexico has some rules to carry special items like human ashes.
Look at the following to learn more about the same:
- Human ashes can be carried with either carry-on baggage or checked baggage.
- You will need to submit the original or copy of the death certificate.
- For human as well as animal ashes, you will need to provide the authorities with the cremation documents in copy or original.
- The container in which you are carrying the ashes should be of metal and hermetically sealed to prevent contamination or leakage.
Restricted Items on AeroMexico Flights
This air operator has restricted several items both carry-ons or checked baggage. The main reason for doing so has been the unlikely aspects of these items that can be harmful for the health and safety of the passengers.
Look at the following indicative list that is given as per the AeroMexico baggage policy:
- Enamel paints
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Tablets
- Flammable materials
- Fire extinguishers and wet batteries
- Corrosive substances like chlorine solvents
- Lithium-ion and lithium batteries with the capacity of over 160 Kwh
AeroMexico, a highly preferred air operator in the country, has a simple baggage policy and basic fees. It can be advised to be careful when it comes to the AeroMexico baggage guidelines and rules for different bag sizes and weight-related instructions. When you are well-informed, you will be able to enjoy your trip with AeroMexico even more.
Check our Other Baggage Policies Links