Sometimes, there can be uncertainty when planning air travel. Any minor inconvenience may lead to ticket reversals. The reversal procedure may turn out to be long and tedious. As an attempt to avoid this, Allegiant Airlines has designed a simple revocation policy. This Allegiant Airlines cancellation policy aids passengers in all such issues.
- Main Guidelines of Allegiant’s Cancellation Policy
- Allegiant Airlines’ 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
- Reversals of Trip Flex Fares
- Cancellation of Tickets with Hotel Bookings
- COVID-19 Cancellation Policy
- Methods to Revoke Flights on Allegiant
- Fees for Canceling Flight Tickets
- What Happens If Allegiant Cancels My Flight?
- Allegiant Air’s Refund Policy
- Allegiant Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy- FAQs
Main Guidelines of Allegiant’s Cancellation Policy
No policy can be implemented without a proper set of guidelines. The Allegiant Air ticket cancellation policy operates under certain rules. These rules make sure that the procedure is done in a secure manner.
- The policy will only be applicable to those bookings which have been made officially with the airline.
- Passengers will be allowed to revoke their flights within the initial 24 hours of reservation.
- Any flights revoked after 24 hours of booking will be charged a certain fee.
- The option to cancel flights can be accessed either online or offline.
- Refunds will only be offered on refundable fares.
- Full refunds will be given when you discontinue your trip at least one week before the flight’s departure.
- Any refund requested will be credited back to the customer in the original form of payment.
- Credit vouchers can also be availed after your cancellation.
- These can be used until their validity expires.
- Reversals of tickets should be done at least seven days before the take-off.
- Last-minute requests will be subject to additional charges.
- If you fail to attend your flight without canceling it, you will be regarded as a no-show passenger.
- Passengers have to revoke their bookings within the given time limit.
- Otherwise, the full value of the ticket along with any extra charges paid will be lost.
- In case your ticket includes both the flying portion and hotel accommodations, reversal of the flying portion must be done at least 1 hour before the flight’s departure.
- Reversals of vacation package tickets should be completed at least 72 hours prior to the flight’s take-off.
- No cancellation fees are charged for Trip Flex fares.
- A different set of rules apply to the revocation of hotel itineraries that include such bookings.
Note: In case you have any questions about the Allegiant flight ticket cancellation policy, you can visit the official site of the carrier or connect with its agents.
Allegiant Airlines’ 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
The 24-hour policy of this carrier applies to all revocation requests made within the first day from the time of booking. Such requests can be processed without paying any fee. Also, full refunds can be claimed on these tickets but only under the following conditions:
- The official departure of the flight must be at least one week after the current date of making a reservation.
- Your itinerary must only include an air portion and not:
- any hotel accommodations
- or transportation services.
- The flight ticket must not be a part of any kind of package.
Note: The twenty-four hours cancellation policy is generally applicable to all classes of service and all fares.
Reversals of Trip Flex Fares
Trip Flex is a service this airline offers to passengers who have previously paid for it. It allows them to make modifications to their tickets at minimal costs. The revocation policy with Trip Flex offers the following benefits while also being subject to certain conditions:
- The Trip Flex feature is a one-time service.
- Any kind of modifications or reversals can be done only once.
- You will be free from the payment of the cancellation fee on these fares.
- Revoking these tickets within 24 hours of booking will be allowed if no other alterations have been made to these reservations.
- Cash refunds will be offered on offline reversals of Trip Flex tickets.
- For online booking reversals, you will be issued vouchers that:
- are non-transferable
- and can be used for future bookings.
- If your ticket involves packages that include hotel accommodations, car transportation, or any other services, they have to be canceled separately.
- Requests for refunds can be made on all bookings that include Trip Flex.
- You can undo your fare up to an hour before the official departure of the flight.
Note: The aforementioned rules might slightly differ based on the destination you are traveling to. You will be informed of these regulations at the time of canceling.
Cancellation of Tickets with Hotel Bookings
Apart from air services, some reservations might include on-ground services as well. Usually, such reservations belong to package deals. Therefore, when you wish to revoke them, you will also have to discontinue the booked services.
To do so without any trouble, follow the given guidelines of the Allegiant Airlines cancellation policy:
- Any modifications to the bookings with hotel accommodations cannot be done within 24 hours of the date of reservation.
- To avail a refund for the reversal of your hotel booking, you must cancel your flight at least a week before the date of check-in.
- As per the ticket refund policy, no reimbursements can be availed on reversals that include a complete hotel package.
Note: Apart from room bookings, your ticket may involve other services like transport or communication. Contact the airline authorities to know the applicable cancellation policy.
COVID-19 Cancellation Policy
The recent pandemic has taken a huge toll on fliers all over the world. To reduce further trouble and inconvenience caused by this, the company has implemented the Allegiant Airlines COVID cancellation policy. The following are its main rules:
- In case your flight has been revoked due to covid, you can receive a full refund.
- Since revoking of tickets is quite common during covid, the cancellation fee is currently reduced to USD 25.
- This fee is for all bookings reversed due to the pandemic.
- These charges will be incurred per flight segment, that is, one take-off and one landing.
- Cancellations resulting from medical emergencies or coronavirus cannot be processed when your ticket has been booked using a third-party site or agent.
Note: Not only reversals but also flight itinerary changes can also be made if you are unable to travel due to Covid.
Methods to Revoke Flights on Allegiant
Irrespective of the time of the request, you can cancel your flights using two main methods. These include
- Online – through the carrier’s site
- Offline – by contacting the airline
These two methods ensure the timely reversal of your flights if used properly. On Allegiant, canceling flights can be done 24/7 using these options. While the online method seems more useful in the case of long-distance travel, the offline one assumes importance during last-minute requests.
Option 1: Online Revocation On Allegiant
The flight reversal policy of this carrier allows travelers of different classes of service to reverse their bookings using the online procedure. Along with this, you can also rebook or claim a refund via this option.
Follow the given steps under the Allegiant Air booking cancellation policy to undo your trip:
- Go to the Allegiantair Official website.
- On the very top of the home page of this site, you will find 3 tabs to the right.
- Among these, select the “Manage Trip” tab.
- You will be redirected to a new page.
- Here you can view your itinerary using any of the three given options:
- “By Confirmation”
- “By Email”
- “By Debit/Credit Card”
- Under each of these three cases, the following details have to be submitted
|By Confirmation||By Email||By Debit/Credit Card|
|Passenger’s First Name||Email Address||Passenger’s First Name|
|Passenger’s Last Name||Password||Passenger’s Last Name|
|Booking Confirmation Number||—||Departure Date|
|—||—||Last 4 digits of the Debit/Credit Card|
- After entering all these details carefully, click on the “Find My Trip” button.
- You will now be able to view your reservation.
- Select the itinerary which you want to discontinue.
- Follow the directions given on the screen.
- Then proceed to revoke your booking as per the rules of the Allegiant flight ticket cancellation policy.
- You will now have to complete the payment of the reversal fee, if necessary.
- You can pay using the available modes.
- Once your flight is officially canceled, you will get a confirmation email to the registered address. You can check the details here.
Note: You will not be required to pay any cancellation fee when you make your request within 24 hours of the flight’s departure.
Option 2: Offline Ticket Reversal Procedure
The easiest and simplest way to undo your reservations is by using the offline method. You will not have to perform the procedure on your own since the authorities will be taking care of it. However, if you opt for this option, then you may be needed to pay a service charge along with the Allegiant Air cancellation fee.
- Under this option, you will have to connect with the airline officials.
- You can do so by dialing the following number:
- (702) 505-8888 – Allegiant Reservations Center
- Otherwise, you can also reach out to the agents via mail or letters.
- To find the official addresses, go to the “Contact Us” section on the main site of the carrier.
Once you are able to connect with the officials, you may follow the points given here:
- Firstly, introduce yourself and mention the reason for your call.
- Let them know that you would like to discontinue your reservation.
- You will have to submit all the details regarding your booking like:
- the full name of the flier,
- ticket number,
- booking code,
- and other such required information.
- Then the agent will retrieve your booking and revoke it after getting your permission.
- Pay the cancellation charges to confirm the reversal.
- Check the confirmation mail once the procedure is completed.
You can also request the agents for a refund after the reversal. The officials will check your eligibility and proceed with the money-back procedure.
Fees for Canceling Flight Tickets
Sometimes, charges may be incurred for canceling tickets on this airline. These charges will only be imposed if you exceed the 24-hour risk-free period. Also, the amount of fee can vary based on the method of reversal, time of the request, class type, and fare chosen.
- The Allegiant flight ticket cancellation fee of USD 25 will be payable on reservations without Trip Flex.
- If your reservation includes Trip Flex, then you will not have to pay any amount.
- The cost mentioned will be applicable per segment.
Important Note: The charge mentioned above is a temporarily reduced amount. Hence, there are chances of this fee increasing in the future. Check the authorized site for the latest updates before undoing your booking.
What Happens If Allegiant Cancels My Flight?
At times, instead of the passenger discontinuing the flight, the airline itself might revoke it. This can happen due to various reasons, some of which are within the carrier’s control while others may not be.
Depending on the cause of such sudden reversals, the airline will be responsible to offer Allegiant Air cancelled flight ticket compensation. The rules that are applicable are as follows:
- In case the carrier revokes your booking before a week of the flight’s departure, you will be informed within 48 hours of the cancellation confirmation.
- When your booking gets reversed at the last moment, a public announcement will be made at the airport.
- Email notifications will be sent.
- Telephone calls will also be made to inform the passengers.
- The status of your revoked flight will be updated on the airline’s site as well.
When the discontinuation occurs due to the fault of the airline:
- You will be assigned to a stand-by flight or the next available booking.
- This alternative flight can be operated by Allegiant or any of its partner airlines.
- Travelers will not be needed to pay any amount of extra charge for these accommodative seats, according to the trip cancellation policy.
- Sometimes, an alternative flight is not available at the current airport.
- Then the nearest airport will provide stand-by planes.
- In case you do not wish to board the next flight, you are entitled to a full money-back.
- When the next flight is not available until the next day, you can avail of overnight hotel accommodations offered.
- Cash compensation can also be claimed for these overnight expenses.
- Transportation services to and from the airport and the hotel will be provided.
Note: To avail of cash reimbursement for the expenses incurred (of any kind), you will have to submit receipts as proof.
When the revocation occurs due to a reason beyond the controlling capacity of the airline like:
- Unsuitable weather conditions
- Storms and rains
- Medical emergencies
- Attacks and strikes
- Other unforeseen circumstances
In such aforementioned circumstances or situations similar to these:
- The airline will not be fully liable to offer you any cash compensation.
- Rebooking will only be offered if it is absolutely possible to arrange an alternative flight.
- The accessibility of free hotel room services or transportation services is not guaranteed by the carrier.
- When it comes to refunds, their provision depends on the severity of the situation. Hence, money-back may or may not be offered.
Note: When the reversal occurs due to these unpredictable situations, the airline authorities will be just as stressed as the customers. Hence, cooperating with the authorities would be much appreciated by the carrier.
Allegiant Air’s Refund Policy
The refund/reimbursement policy assumes importance after you cancel your flights. As per the regulations of this feature:
- Full refunds will only be given if you have completed the cancellation procedure within 24 hours of booking.
- No penalty will be incurred for refunds in this risk-free period.
- Allegiant Airlines’ refund policy can get your reimbursement either in the form of:
- travel vouchers
- The credits of this voucher can be used until the expiry of their validity.
- Any reversal made after the designated 24 hours will be deemed non-refundable.
Note: Claims for refunds cannot be made on tickets that are non-refundable from the time of purchase itself.
Allegiant Airlines’ revocation policy proves to be extremely beneficial to passengers all across. It facilitates easy revocation of tickets through various options and can be feasibly used when needed.
Allegiant Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy- FAQs
The airline may reverse your bookings in case of mechanical or technical damage to the plane, bad weather conditions, riots, or other unforeseen circumstances.
This carrier tries not to revoke its flights frequently. Hence, it does not discontinue reservations unless there is an utter need to do so.
Yes, the Allegiant Air cancellation policy permits online revocations through the “Manage Trip” option.
This policy mainly determines all the conditions that relate to the discontinuation of your trip.
Refunds can be obtained when you revoke your journey within 24 hours of booking. After this, the Allegiant Air refund policy deems all tickets non-refundable.
To get a refund, simply contact the airline officials at their toll-free number. Put forward your request and submit all the necessary details.
You can get an online refund after you complete the cancellation process in the same way.
The current Allegiant ticket cancellation fee is USD 25. This fee keeps fluctuating depending on the demand situation of the carrier.
If you revoke your flight offline, you may need to pay additional service charges along with the current fee of USD 25 per segment.
Yes, this is when the Allegiant 24-hour cancellation policy becomes applicable. You can revoke your booking for free during this period.
Reaching out to the airport agents will help you to reverse your booking offline. You can connect with them at their toll-free number.
According to this policy, all tickets booked with this carrier can be revoked irrespective of the reason for such a reversal.
This policy states that flights can be reversed within 24 hours of the time of booking.
You can simply call the airline at the appropriate number and file a claim for a refund.