When it comes to booking a flight, one of the most anticipated services a passenger may want is the flexibility to revoke a plane ticket. Understanding this, the Aeromexico Airlines cancellation policy is made. It helps the passengers to revoke their tickets with ease. This is a set of guidelines that highlights the procedure, fees, and other things associated with revocations.
- Rules for Aeromexico’s Cancellation Policy
- Aeromexico Cancellation Policy for 24 Hours
- Aeromexico’s COVID-19 Cancellation Policy
- Aeromexico Ticket Cancellation Reasons
- How do I Cancel an Aeromexico Reservation?
- Method 1: On Call
- Method 2: Making Cancellations Online
- Method 3: Cancellations via Social Media Portals
- Aeromexico Flight Cancellation Fee
- Aeromexico’s Ticket Refund Policy
- Policy for Cancelled Flights
- Aeromexico Cancelled Flight Compensation
Rules for Aeromexico’s Cancellation Policy
Due to natural disasters, personal reasons, etc., you can undo your ticket. In doing so, you will have to follow the rules listed below:
- When a passenger reverses a flight less than three days prior to the planned departure, he or she should pay a whole fare as a penalty.
- The return process can directly relate to the traveler’s transaction method.
- Provided that you are revoking your booking after a day of purchasing your ticket, a cancellation fee can be levied.
- Tourists who do not reach the plane at the specified time will be charged no-show fees.
- Only refundable tickets are refunded by the air operator.
- On non-refundable tickets, there is no way to get your money back. However, you will get the trip points or credits for your future travel as a refund.
- Flights booked online or by calling the reservation center are subject to the policy.
- The kind of ticket you have bought can determine whether or not your flight will be reversed.
- Assuming that the tickets were purchased via a trip agency, you can directly contact it for reversals.
Aeromexico Cancellation Policy for 24 Hours
The 24-hour cancellation feature of this air company allows its tourists to revoke a flight in an emergency. It can be done within the period of twenty-four hours of booking a ticket.
- This feature only applies when the ticket has been reserved via the:
- Main site of Aeromexico
- Official contact center
- Ticket counter at the airport.
- As a flier of Aeromexico, you can cancel within 24 hours for free.
- This policy can give you a complete return when you make a reservation 7 days or longer before a planned itinerary.
- Within seven to ten days of reversal, the airline will provide your money back to the actual transaction mode.
- All fare types are subject to this policy.
Aeromexico’s COVID-19 Cancellation Policy
Due to COVID-19 regulations or safety concerns, visitors, as well as carriers, may have to undo their flights. Visitors who have reversed their plane tickets can be eligible for obtaining full returns. Furthermore, you will not be levied any revocation penalties.
Even in case, the flight tickets are promotional or non-refundable, you can be qualified for a free reversal. Excluding the Basic Economy tickets, all kinds of fares are eligible under the Aeromexico COVID flight cancellation policy.
Aeromexico Ticket Cancellation Reasons
Due to a variety of obligations, passengers may be required to discontinue their trips. Any last-minute modifications to the itinerary may affect the journey of the flyers. Unavoidable circumstances can also arise at times, putting someone’s health or life at threat. Therefore, being aware of the possible causes can be beneficial.
In this regard, other reasons for flight reversals are as follows:
- A tourist may be unable to fly when she/he is not feeling well.
- The journey may not be possible due to unforeseen office meetings.
- A passenger’s death or any family member’s demise can prevent them from flying.
- Sudden gatherings can occur at any time, preventing the traveler from flying.
- A flyer may not be willing to continue on a trip due to inclement weather.
- Another factor of revocation could be air traffic congestion.
- Not following the correct Aeromexico baggage allowance limit may cause you to discontinue your booking.
How do I Cancel an Aeromexico Reservation?
The Aeromexico ticket cancellation policy has provided several methods for revocations. A traveler can connect over the phone when he or she wishes to revoke a flight. Or else, the flyers can also navigate the main website of this company for making last-minute reversals.
Method 1: On Call
One of the well-known and often used methods for canceling flights is through the customer assistance department. In case of any emergencies, flyers may select this method. This can additionally involve the representatives performing the revocation on call. To reach a representative, you can call +(55)-5133-4000.
On-call, you will be required to tell the representative about the reason for your reversals. You will additionally be inquired about the booking information, as per the Aeromexico flight cancellation policy. It can include:
- your number of tickets,
- entire name,
- planned schedule date,
- and time as well.
Then a representative will start the procedure according to the reversal policy of this carrier. Your call may be kept on hold while the process is being done. Once the procedure has been completed, you will be informed of the same.
Method 2: Making Cancellations Online
Some passengers may opt to cancel a flight online. This method can rapidly authenticate reversals. You are just required to go to the Aeromexico website for the revocation of the flight.
To revoke a booking online, follow the steps outlined below:
- Kindly visit the official website link of the air carrier.
- You can find the “Your Trips” section on the homepage.
- Enter your reservation details including your “E-Ticket Number” and “Passenger’s Surname” as well.
- Now, hit on the “Find My Reservation” button.
- By clicking on it, you can see your booking.
- Select the flight that has to be reversed.
- Tap on the “Cancel” option.
Later, pertaining to the cancelation policy, you will receive a verification message of the successful reversal.
Method 3: Cancellations via Social Media Portals
As a passenger of Aeromexico airline, you will have to find the official Social handle of these platforms and create your message and tag the airline in the same.
|S N||Social Handles||Social Handles links|
We offer onboard WiFi and free messaging on our 737 MAX and many other aircraft. All so you can stay in touch no matter where you are.— Aeromexico USA (@AeromexicoUSA) February 11, 2022
Learn more: https://t.co/KjN3KDRb6k pic.twitter.com/yXynUbf2or
Aeromexico Flight Cancellation Fee
In most cases, a tourist has to pay some charges. They can vary depending on the type of ticket, and revocation timing. Based on the class of reservation, a fee can be greater or less.
It is vital to note that the fees apply once the risk-free time limit has expired. In such scenarios, you should be aware of the fees before proceeding with the reversals.
Please read the following details about the Aeromexico ticket cancellation fee:
- When flights have been booked seven or longer days prior to the planned schedule and canceled within 24 hours of purchasing, no revocation fee can be applied.
- The carrier will charge around $200 in case you reverse your reservations after twenty-four hours of purchasing.
- A revocation cost for national flights has been eliminated for Business, Premium Economy, First, and Economy classes.
- There are no reversal fees on flights between the United States, Puerto Rico in the Caribbean, and Mexico.
Aeromexico’s Ticket Refund Policy
After canceling a plane ticket, a flyer can receive a refund from Aeromexico by abiding by certain guidelines. They may vary depending on the type of flight tickets purchased. By following this, in the case of Premium and Flexible Tickets, you will get your complete money back.
- Based on the transaction method, the money-back can be issued in seven to twenty days.
- A visitor who has purchased a Basic, AM, Classic, or Comfort Ticket is not qualified for a return.
- Only if a reversal is made in twenty-four hours of booking, you will receive a full refund.
- After this risk-free period, you will be eligible for receiving a return after deducting some charges.
- To obtain your money back using the Aeromexico refund policy, visit the airline’s website and then:
- Fill out an online form or
- call the customer assistance department.
Note: Certain passengers may have switched to Clase Premier after booking another ticket originally. When they cancel the ticket, the amount for upgrades will not be refunded.
How to Place a Request for Refund on Aeromexico?
According to the cancelation policy, you can claim a return by calling the carrier. This can be one of the reliable methods to apply for a refund.
The following are the steps to know how to claim a refund on-call:
- First of all, locate Aeromexico’s authorized site.
- Scroll down the page.
- There you can see the “Refund” button. Press on it.
- Reach the refund page of the operator.
- Look for the contact numbers to call the agent.
- You should choose the contact number as per your country.
Note: The contact details of countries like the United States, Europe, Mexico, Latin America, etc., are mentioned below.
|United States and Canada||800 237 6639|
|Argentina||0 800 888 2276|
|Brazil||0 800 891 7512|
|Colombia||01 800 952 0533|
|Costa Rica||0 800 052 1447|
|Panama||800 052 1373|
|United Kingdom||** 0 800 977 5533 **|
|Spain||** 900 995 282 **|
|Netherlands||** 0 800 0224 008 **|
|China||** 86 21 6466 8099 **|
|Japan||** 0 570 783 057 **|
|South Korea||** 82 2 754 6336 **|
|Other countries||+ 52 55 51 33 40 00|
Once you select the number, you can connect with the officials. Over the phone, you can ask for your refund as per the revocation policy. Provide your flight details such as the number of tickets, entire name, departure date, type of ticket, the timing of reversal, etc.
Then, the officials will start making a refund request on your behalf on call. Later, within a few days, you will get your money back in your account.
Policy for Cancelled Flights
The provider may revoke a customer’s flight in certain scenarios. There could be several reasons behind these reversals. One reason can be difficulties during the take-off. It can even make traveling challenging for the flyers.
Apart from this, other reasons why Aeromexico may cancel flights are mentioned below:
- In case an aircraft is overbooked, revocation by the carrier may occur.
- Sometimes, technical difficulties may arise.
- A tourist’s booking can be revoked by Aeromexico due to the COVID-19 requirements being violated.
- The plane ticket may be canceled for reasons relating to safety.
- There may be problems with pilots.
- Air traffic can be a significant annoyance at times.
Aeromexico Cancelled Flight Compensation
A booking can be discontinued by the carrier in certain circumstances. For that, you should not be concerned. The airline has specified some conditions for giving compensation.
A traveler will obtain a complete refund in the form of compensation or an alternate flight. But when the compensation is claimed by the airline on behalf of a traveler, a 30% fee can be charged.
There are some other conditions as well to follow:
|less than 1500||$300|
|between 1500 and 3500||$485|
|3500 or longer||$725|
|Canceled without warning at least 14 days prior to departure||€600|
- A passenger will have the option to shift to the next accessible flight in case of any delay. In this situation, you will be eligible for:
- hotel accommodations and
- airport transfers.
- On a delayed or discontinued flight, you can additionally choose to reschedule your trip for any time within a year after the revocation date.
- If a ticket with upgrades is canceled by the airline, you can be given an alternative with the desired changes available. Otherwise, you can get a refund.
Note: Compensation may not be available for weather-related reversals.
The air operator strives to provide a positive experience not only on the plane but additionally while making reversals also. The Aeromexico airlines cancellation policy serves its travelers well in a variety of scenarios.
Frequently Asked Questions
The air operator has implemented the Aeromexico Airlines cancellation policy.
In certain scenarios, you can discontinue your flight and get a refund as well.
Bookings may be revoked today due to multiple reasons. One can connect with the air operator to find out whether the ticket is confirmed or not.
Prefer using “Your Trips” on the website of this airline to revoke your booking.
The COVID-19 policy of this carrier is a crucial aspect in determining the pandemic’s reversal criteria.
Yes, this airline refunds travelers for a ticket revocation.
When traveling with Aeromexico, Basic Economic passengers may experience fewer options. Reversals can be made for a period of up to twenty-four hours.
The staff of this company can easily undo a ticket on your behalf on call.
Yes, this airline imposes a fee as a penalty. It should be paid when a flyer is discontinuing a flight after one day of booking.
Yes, a flier can obtain a refund after reversing a flight, given that he/she is eligible.
One of the most significant terms of the Aeromexico flight cancellation policy is determining whether the flight ticket is non-refundable or refundable. Revocations in the second case are easy to make within the same day or twenty-four hours.
You can seek another alternative flight or ask for a refund.
Post-revoking a ticket, you cannot continue with a trip. But you can get a refund.
Yes, you have the option of canceling your booking within twenty-four hours.
The reversal policy can be utilized by all flyers within twenty-four hours of their booking.
After a non-refundable booking is canceled, getting a refund on it may not be possible.
Depending on the flight delay policy of this airline, you can find out whether or not you will be compensated.
Yes, a booking can be easily revoked by passengers using the Aeromexico cancellation policy.
To reverse a ticket online, simply go to the main website of the airline. Then, click on the “Your Trips” feature on the first page to start the method.
The Aeromexico COVID-19 cancellation policy enables passengers to revoke their plane tickets in the event of sickness or an emergency during the pandemic.
A tourist can make a phone connection with the officials and ask them about the revocation process.
At times, carriers like Aeromexico can cancel flights because of mechanical problems, shortage of crew, and overloaded planes, among other reasons.
While you book a ticket, you can check whether it is refundable. Otherwise, this carrier’s representatives can help you find it.
This fee can be equivalent to $200 when you discontinue a trip after 24 hours of booking it.
Via the website of this operator, you can access and submit a refund form as well as get your money back.
Yes, a twenty-four-hour reversal policy is available with this airline.
A tourist can ask for a reimbursement by going to this carrier’s main site. Then you may obtain, fill, and submit a compensation form.
You can be charged $200 as an Aeromexico ticket cancellation fee in certain situations.
Visit the carrier’s main site. Reverse a ticket by using the “Your Trips” tab. Alternatively, you can contact the customer assistance department.
Aeromexico Airlines’ cancellation policy is based on a set of guidelines that should be followed to reverse a booking.
Reservations can be discontinued for a variety of reasons. Safety concerns, COVID-19 restrictions, technical difficulties, etc., can be some of these.
Yes, on Aeromexico Airlines, you can cancel within 24 hours.
The carrier may provide you with a cash return in the form of compensation in some cases.