Frontier Flight Change Policy is dedicated to offering affordable and customizable flight change options for passengers. Here is an in-depth overview of the flight change policy to assist flyers experience hassle-free travel.
- What Are the Terms and Conditions of the Frontier Flight Change Policy?
- What Is the Frontier Flight Change Same-Day Policy?
- What Is the Frontier Flight Change 24-Hour Policy?
- How to change the flight under Frontier Flight Change Policy?
- Flight Change Through Online
- Mobile Application
- Flight change request over the phone
- Live Chat
- Post your Query on Frontier Social Media Platforms
- What are the guidelines to Change Frontier Flight Reservations Booked With Miles?
- How Much Does It Cost to Change a Flight With Frontier Airlines?
- What Is the Frontier Flight Change Policy Under Flight Disruptions?
What Are the Terms and Conditions of the Frontier Flight Change Policy?
To change the frontier flight, the following conditions will apply –
- The changes to the new itinerary are subject to fare differences and the change fee.
- If the value of the new fare is lower than the original, no residual charges are refunded to the passengers.
- The Frontier change fee is non-refundable (Except for the Works program, Risk-free period change, or changes beyond 7 days).
- Free change policy is applied on flights booked via direct booking channels like the official website, Airport, Customer support, etc.
- All changes to the flight must be done before Frontier airlines check-in.
- Elite members enjoy benefits like a waiver on airline penalties.
- Passengers flying under the “Works program” can apply for a flight change without paying any fee.
- The flight flexibility option allows passengers to offer one free time or date change until 24 hours before the flight’s scheduled departure.
What Is the Frontier Flight Change Same-Day Policy?
Under same-day flight changes, passengers have two options at their disposal – Standby travel and Same day flight change.
Standby travel facility is not available to every passenger. It is reserved for members with the Elite level membership. In addition, the following rules will apply.
- The Elite members can opt for a previous or later flight on the same day of scheduled flight departure at no additional costs.
- The Frontier change flight request can be made at the ticket counter or entry gate up to 3 hours before scheduled departure.
- The said request is not available for connecting flights.
- If you booked a nonstop flight, passengers cannot switch to connecting flights to their final ticketed destination.
Same-day Confirmed Flights
You can take the help of the Airport counter for same day flight change provided –
- The new flight must reach the same destination as ticketed.
- Passengers can opt for an earlier or later flight on the same day as departure.
- Flight options are subject to availability.
- Frontier airlines same day flight change fee would be levied.
What Is the Frontier Flight Change 24-Hour Policy?
Frontier flight change policy provides a 24-hour risk-free period for flyers to change their flight. No change fee would be levied.
Here are some key details that you must keep in mind:
- No additional costs or fines are applied to the customers.
- You may need to pay the fare differences for the new flight (If applicable).
- Reward fare and group booking are not covered under Frontier 24 hour change policy.
- In case there is another flight involved, passengers must request the Frontier flight cancellation.
How to change the flight under Frontier Flight Change Policy?
There are multiple ways for changing flight on Frontier flights.
Flight Change Through Online
Frontier airlines allows travelers to make significant changes on the website portal. All you need to do is –
- Visit the Frontier Website.
- Navigate to the Frontier Manage bookings section.
- Enter the booking reference number and the passenger’s last name to retrieve the booking.
- Choose the flight segment(s) that need to be changed.
- Choose the new date and/or time. Select the new flight from the given options.
- Pay the required change fee and fare difference if applicable.
- Frontier will send the new confirmation alongside the updated itinerary on your registered email.
The passengers can change their flight using the Frontier flight mobile application. Download the exclusive application from either the Google play store or the Apple app store. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Launch the Frontier Airlines mobile app.
- Tap “My trips” and follow the on-screen instructions.
- To initiate a flight change, enter the passenger’s last name and the six-digit confirmation code.
- Choose the flight segment, and tap on the ‘Change’ button.
- Enter the new travel date and/or time, as per your travel preference.
- Select the new flight from the given option.
- Pay the required change fee and the fare differences.
- Frontier will send the new confirmation alongside the updated itinerary on your registered email.
Flight change request over the phone
Frontier Airlines change flight service can be accessed through the airline’s phone number. Passengers can speak to the flight representative who is available 24/7 to resolve all their concerns.
- Visit the official website.
- Click on the Contact Us page.
- Choose the language before connecting with the chat executive.
- Provide essential information like the last name and the booking reference for the journey.
- Convey the details like the new date and time of the journey.
- The associate will make the request accordingly and imitate the new journey details.
- The updated booking details will be shared via email or can be seen in the “Manage bookings” section.
You can connect with a chat executive via Live chat on the official website to change frontier flights or clear any queries.
- Find the “Live chat” option on the website.
- Choose the desired language.
- A chatbot is assigned to address the queries.
- Choose the type of booking, then click on “Flight change”.
- The bot will share instructions to complete the process.
- Follow the instructions and complete the process.
Post your Query on Frontier Social Media Platforms
Frontier Airlines is well-connected on social media. The passengers can choose the platform that favors them to connect with one of the airline associates and request a flight change.
Here are some of the social media handles where Frontier Airlines offers prompt responses to your queries and concerns –
|Social Media Platform||Links|
What are the guidelines to Change Frontier Flight Reservations Booked With Miles?
Frontier Flight allows passengers to change flights using the Miles reward points. Here are the important points to consider –
- Frontier Airlines do not charge a fee if the change is requested up to 8 days before scheduled departure.
- The passengers must pay the fare differences (if applicable).
- Passengers can contact the Airline at the helpline or click on the “Manage Booking section”
Here is the overview of the change fee if you wish to change the flight booked with Frontier Miles.
|Time Period||Frontier Change Fees|
|Eight days or more before departure||Free|
|Seven days or less before the||99 USD|
How Much Does It Cost to Change a Flight With Frontier Airlines?
Frontier Airlines change fee varies with the days prior to the scheduled departure.
|Time Period||Flight Change Fee||Award Ticket (Miles)||Works Bundle||Elite Membership|
|60+ days before flight departure||Free||Free||Free||Free|
|59 to 7 days till flight departure||39 USD||Free||Free||Free|
|6 days or less before the departure (Including same-day)||59 USD||99 USD||Free||Free|
|Within 24 hours||Free||Free||Free||Free|
Note: The flight change policy is subject to availability and the travelers may have to pay the fare differences for the new flight, wherever applicable.
What Is the Frontier Flight Change Policy Under Flight Disruptions?
As per Frontier flight change policy, the passengers are liable for flight change or compensation under circumstances like:
- Passenger is denied boarding
- In case of a major schedule change
If a passenger is denied booking due to overbooking from the flight side.
- The passengers will be offered transportation on another flight to the original destination.
- If passengers do not agree with the alternate flight, they can claim a refund on the unused portion of the flight.
- Passengers can also receive compensation in the form of an Electronic Travel Voucher which remains valid for a year from the date of issue.
Here is the amount of compensation received by the passengers:
|Domestic Journey||International Journey||Compensation|
|New arrival time within an hour||New arrival time within an hour||Free|
|New arrival time between 1 and 2 hours||New arrival time between 1 and 4 hours||2x (200%) of the one-way fare (Up to 775 USD)|
|New arrival time 2 hours or more||New arrival time 4 hours or more||4x (400%) of the one-way fare (Up to 1550 USD)|
Scheduled Change Before Day of Travel
A passenger is entitled to the following compensation if it is subjected to change in flight schedule for 4 or more hours –
- For flights less than 1500 km: 300 USD
- Between 1500 and 3500 km: 475 USD
- Over 3500 km: 715 USD
In addition, Frontier airline offers the following assistance at the airport –
- Meals and refreshment
- Accommodation if the alternate flight includes an overnight layover
- Airport transfer
- 2 international phone calls and internet access
In a nutshell, consolidating and simplifying flight change procedures for a hassle-free, streamlined travel experience has been the focus of Frontier airlines in recent years.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, airline flight allows passengers to make flight changes.
Visit the “Manage Booking” section on the website, choose the flight you wish to make changes in, and pay the required fee to complete the request.
Frontier airlines charge varies between 50 and 129 USD and it varies with the days prior to scheduled departure when the request is made.
You can change your flight on multiple platforms like websites, airline counters, over the phone, and live chat.
No. after making changes to your frontier flight, no refund can be claimed, under any circumstances.
If Frontier Airlines changes your flight, the airline will either offer an alternate flight or compensation based on the passenger’s convenience.
The passengers who have purchased the Works bundle or are part of the Elite member members of Frontier Airlines are eligible to make changes without paying any fee.
No. Passengers are not allowed to make changes or cancellations after check-in.
The passenger receives the information via email. The information is also updated in the “My trips” or the “Booking section” of the passenger’s profile.
Yes, Frontier airlines allow passengers to make a booking within 24 hours under a risk-free period. No change fee is levied. Fare difference may apply.