The nature of items to be carried on a journey has been defined by Turkish Airlines baggage policy. The policy is applicable to the passengers of Turkish Airlines who have items/bags to carry. The number of bags, charges applied, free allowance, etc., are the details outlined by the baggage policy of the airline.
Turkish Airlines Baggage Allowance for Checked Items
The Turkish Airlines baggage policy has clearly specified the weight of the items that are allowed on flights. In addition, the size of the bags has also been mentioned. Look at the table below to find the weight approved as per the Turkish Airlines international baggage allowance:
|Baggage Type||Size||Weight Allowance|
|Checked Baggage||158 cm||Economy: 1 piece, 20 Business: 2 pieces, 30 kg|
|Checked Baggage||275 cm||Economy: 158 cm Business: 158 cmInfant: 115 cm|
Based on the flight opted for, further rules relating to approved weight have been made by Turkish Airlines. These weight restrictions relate to flights into and out of Turkey. Based on the flight/travel class, weight allowance is as follows:
|Travel Class||Weight Allowance|
|Economy EcoFly||15 kg|
|Economy ExtraFly||20 kg|
|Economy PrimeFly||25 kg|
The quantity of bags allowed at Turkish Airlines, as per the weight dimensions, is:
|Travel Class||Quantity||Weight Allowance||Dimensions|
|Economy Class||2||23 kg||258 cm|
|Business Class||2||32 kg||158 cm|
|Infant Policy||1 + Stroller||23 kg||115 cm|
Guidelines for Bringing Excess Items on Turkish Airlines
If any traveler of Turkish Airlines carries excess items on the aircraft, then he/she is entitled to pay a fee. The Turkish Airlines extra baggage fees have been described as follows:
|Cabin Class||Weight Limit||Baggage Fees per kg|
|Economy Class||20 kg for adult10 kg for infant||12 TL|
|Business Class||30 kg for adult10 kg for infant||12 TL|
|Promotional Class||15 kg for adult10 kg for infant||12 TL|
Overweight or Oversized Turkish Airlines Baggage Fees
On Turkish Airlines, the baggage weight may rise beyond the restricted constraints. Then the bag may be considered overweight. Also, extra fees are implied on carrying oversized items inside the cabins. The overweight fees per kilogram for different zones are:
|Departure – Destination||Region 1||Region 2||Region 3||Region 4||Region 5|
Turkish Airlines Security Rules for Carry-on Baggage Policy
Turkish Airlines carry-on baggage policy allows only a limited category of items inside the flights. This has been due to the security of the passengers. These items are given below:
- Baby care products
- Baby food
- Baby cereals
- Makeup tools
- Certain medicines
- Car seat for baby
For liquids, this airline has made separate rules. These rules have been listed under the Turkish Airlines baggage policy. The rules unfold that:
- The following liquids need to be transported only when appropriate packaging has been done:
- Contact lens solutions
- Other non-prohibited liquids
The maximum capacity of these liquids will be 100 millilitres each.
- All 100-milliliter liquid containers must be placed in a zip-lock bag. The bag should be see-through.
- Turkish Airlines allows just one bag including liquids.
- Liquid medicines in their appropriate containers are permitted to be carried inside the cabin at Turkish Airlines.
Carrying Infants with Turkish Airlines
Concerning Turkish Airlines International baggage allowance, infants can be brought with these rules met:
- Infants must be supervised by a parent or a guardian at all times.
- The caretaker or a guardian must be over the age of eighteen.
- Only one infant can be accompanied by each guardian.
- Infants can fly in the laps of their parents or guardians using a special baby seatbelt.
- Infant travelers might also seek a seat from the Turkish Airline.
- Infants are required to use their own infant car seat carrier.
- The infant carriers must be 40×40 centimeters.
Turkish Airlines Baggage Policy for Pets
Baggage allowance for pets at Turkish Airlines include the following rules:
- Birds, small dogs, and cats are expected to fly in the cabin if the overall weight of the pet and transport carrier does not surpass 18 kg.
- The transit destinations demand that pets have all of the appropriate vaccines, health certificates, and entrance permits.
- At least six to eight hours prior to departure, you must verify your pet reservation.
- The following pets are not permitted to travel with you on the same plane:
- Respiratory problems-affected dogs and cats must be transported in the cabin.
Equipment Allowed in Turkish Airlines
Turkish Airlines allows certain equipment to be carried. The equipment largely falls under the sports and music categories. As per the Turkish Airlines baggage policy, the following is the equipment allowed:
- Golf equipment
- Ski equipment
- Snowboard equipment
- Archery equipment
- Diving gear
- Bowling equipment
- Hockey/lacrosse equipment
- Fishing gear
- Inflatable boat
- Rafting equipment
- Tent equipment
- Parachuting equipment
- Paragliding equipment
- Water ski equipment
- Mountaineering activities equipment
- Rifles for hunting
- Sporting rifles and scopes
Prohibited Items on Turkish Airlines
The below-mentioned items are not allowed to be carried according to the baggage policy of Turkish Airlines:
- Gas containers
- Self-defense items
- Flammable liquids
- Filled scuba tanks
- Oxygen generators
- Liquid oxygen
- Lithium batteries
- Radioactive materials
- Magnetic materials
Not only the baggage policy but even the reviews of the airline have been covered by us. To see what Turkish Airlines reviews hold, tap here.
Frequently Asked Questions for Turkish Airlines Baggage Policy
On Turkish Airlines, Economy Class passengers can bring up to one bag weighing 23 kilograms. Business Class travelers may take two bags, each weighing 32 kilograms. As per the Turkish Airlines baggage allowance, First Class passengers can carry three bags of 32 kilograms each.
You can pay Turkish Airlines baggage fees on its website via the ‘Check-in/Manage Reservation” or ‘Excess Baggage’ pages. You can also pay the fees on its smartphone app or at the airport once you check in.