WestJet operates flights to more than 100 locations worldwide. WestJet Airlines baggage policy has been developed to keep passengers aware of the limits on carrying luggage. The airline has put certain limits on the transportation of checked luggage, extra bags, carry-on baggage, and other items through this policy. Learning about what restrictions have been suggested by the airline can make trips successful for the passengers.
WestJet Baggage Allowance for Domestic & International Flights
Checked luggage can be transported to WestJet Airlines at no cost. It has to be noted that the WestJet baggage allowance for domestic flights has a specific time limit set for the submission of checked bags. The cut-off time for checking in bags for domestic journeys can be 45 minutes prior to the departure. For international routes, this limit for checked bags can be 60 minutes.
In certain instances, WestJet baggage allowance for international flights can be found to be overweight/oversized. Then the passengers may need to check in their bags at least 30 minutes before their departure. A total of four bags can be accepted as checked luggage with this airline. When any visitor is traveling from WestJet Encore, he/she can check-in only three bags inside the flight.
|Fare Type||First Bag Fees (in Dollars)||Second Bag Fees (in Dollars)||Third Bag Fees (in Dollars)||Fourth Bag Fees (in Dollars)|
|Basic, Economy, or Member Exclusive Class||30-35||50-59||100-118||100-118|
|EconoFlex Class||No WestJet baggage weight fees||50-59||100-118||100-118|
|Premium Class||No WestJet baggage weight fees||No WestJet baggage weight fees||100-118||100-118|
|Business Class||No WestJet baggage weight fees||No WestJet baggage weight fees||100-118||100-118|
WestJet Excess Baggage Policy
On carrying more than the allotted weight, following the WestJet baggage policy, this airline may charge extra fees. Extra baggage fees may vary upon the number of bags a passenger carries. Even when a flyer can be found bringing oversized or overweight items inside the aircraft of WestJet, he/she has to pay additional fees.
|Overweight/Oversized Bags||Baggage Fees in Dollars|
|Oversized Bags 62-80 inches||100-118|
|Overweight Bags 50-100 pounds||100-118|
WestJet Carry-on Baggage Allowance
Carry-on luggage can make flying more pleasant and convenient. WestJet has a unique carry-on baggage policy to make it easier for passengers to travel. As per this policy, the things that can be brought as carry-on luggage should fit within the weight and dimension limits. Following these weight and size restrictions of the WestJet baggage policy of carry-on can assist travelers in quickly boarding the plane.
The size dimensions and weight allowances for bringing on carry-on items at WestJet Airlines are as follows:
- The carry-on baggage allowance at WestJet Airlines should be 21 inches or 53 centimeters.
- The size dimensions should include the weight, height, and width of the carry-on baggage.
- Flyers can also take one personal item along with their luggage. This personal item should be as per the size restriction of 41 x 33 x 15 centimeters in total volume.
All carry-on bags and personal items should follow these specific rules to avoid the WestJet carry-on baggage fees:
- At airport check-in, you can use the WestJet measuring gadget.
- Personal goods should be stored under the seat, while carry-on items should be kept in the overhead bin on boarding the plane.
- You should pass the country security checkpoint of WestJet Airlines.
- The list of WestJet items is allowed in carry-on baggage. It may vary as per the nation.
- On your flight, you may check “catsa.gc.ca” to see what you are allowed to carry.
- Pass through security at the airport to avoid extra WestJet vacation baggage fees.
- Ensure that your carry-on conforms because several items like shampoo, perfume, toothpaste, and moisturizers, may only be allowed in limited quantities.
Items Allowed Inside WestJet Flights
WestJet’s domestic baggage allowance, as well as the international one, may accept some items to be carried inside its aircraft. These items should pass the checkpoint of the security gate in order to get verified and be considered safe. Safety and security can be the primary aim of WestJet Airlines and may ensure that all the flyers are carrying considerable items.
|Books||Reading material||Baby strollers||Binoculars||Jackets||Pins|
|Clothes||Coats||Shoes||Baby car seat||Infant food||Assistive devices|
|Small bags||Umbrella||Handbags||Laptop||Headphones||Mobile phones/Camera|
Note: Items that do not pass through the airport’s size device or exceed the WestJet carry-on baggage policy allowance may be deposited in checked baggage.
WestJet Airlines Policy for Carrying Pets
WestJet can allow you to travel along with your pet as a carry-on or as checked baggage. Unaccompanied minors may not be permitted to travel with their pets, in accordance with the WestJet Airlines baggage policy. WestJet Cargo can transport an unattended pet on domestic routes. Pets may not be permitted on WestJet’s partner airlines and code-sharing partners’ flights. In addition, dogs may not be permitted on WestJet flights booked via one of its affiliates. WestJet trips to Barbados, Hawaii, Jamaica, London, Dublin, and Glasgow may not allow pets to fly in the cabin or cargo-hold section.
Other rules that should be abided by on WestJet Airlines may include:
- WestJet baggage policy for Economy and other class approves these pets to travel in its flights:
- Guinea pigs
- WestJet Airlines can permit two same species of pets to fly in the same cabin if the passenger carrying the animals flies on the same route.
- The airline may approve only a specific and limited number of pets inside its aircraft. Hence, making a reservation with the airline is a must.
- If you want to fly with your pet, you have to call WestJet Airlines to get it added to your itinerary. It may not be possible to do so online.
- The number of pets allowed on each trip may be restricted. You should always reserve accommodation for your pet at least 48 hours before your journey.
- On WestJet flights, the following criteria of acceptance apply to carrying pets:
- Pets should be in excellent health and be around for at least eight weeks.
- At all times, they should stay in their crates. They shall remain beneath the seat next to you while flying in the cabin.
- WestJet may refuse to fly aggressive dogs or those in danger.
- The airline can authorize kennels upon check-in.
WestJet Baggage Allowance for Infants
WestJet Airlines may approve its passengers to board a plane with their infants on domestic and international routes. However, a baby below 2 years of age has to remain either in the lap of an adult or in the child restraint device. The child restraint device can be bought by the airline by paying WestJet baggage fees.
Other major guidelines that may have to be met by the flyers traveling with their infants in WestJet Airlines can be:
- Flyers with infants below 8 days old should talk to their respective pediatricians as the temperature of the aircraft can cause ear pain to them.
- Infants cannot sit in the row of an emergency exit, under the WestJet baggage policy for international and domestic flights.
- A single passenger can accommodate only one infant inside the flight.
- In the case of carrying twins inside the flight, two passengers above 16 years of age have to be accompanied.
- Lap-held babies can travel free of charge. However, babies above 2 have to purchase an infant ticket.
- For babies on the lap, only two infant types of equipment can be allowed per passenger. This is as per WestJet baggage allowance for Jamaica and other routes.
- On international routes at Economy Fare, baby bassinets can be made available to infants under 25 lbs of weight.
- The maximum height of an infant acquiring the bassinet should be 26 inches or 66 centimeters.
Sports/Musical Instruments to be Taken on WestJet Airlines
WestJet Airlines can allow specific sports and musical items to be carried onboard. These sports items can be carried when they are safe inside and cause no harm to other fellow passengers. The sporting and musical items should be under 23 kilograms and should be no more than 62 linear inches to be fit in the baggage limits.
The items that can be taken in the aircraft of WestJet Airlines are:
|Archery equipment||Bows and arrows||Surfboards||Bicycle|
|Helmet||Curling equipment||Windsurfers||Hockey equipment|
|Football equipment||Golf clubs||Vaulting poles||Kayaks|
|Parachute||Paintball equipment||Tabla/Violin||Scuba gear equipment|
|Skis||Water Skis equipment||Cell bass||Snowboarding equipment|
|Sports balls and racquets||Sport wheelchairs||Drums||Boogies|
Prohibited Items on WestJet Airlines
There may be certain restricted/prohibited items that may not be approved to be carried by the WestJet Airlines baggage policy. On carrying them, several actions may be taken. The list of restricted or prohibited items on WestJet flights can include:
- Sharp tools
- Radioactive materials
- Corrosive substances
- Magnetized materials
- Lithium batteries
- Organic Peroxides
The rules of the WestJet Airlines baggage policy can be very simple if read and followed properly. Following all the regulations of this policy can help make your journey go smoothly. If you want to know about our recently updated airline, kindly go through China Airlines Baggage Policy.
FAQs of WestJet Airlines Baggage Policy
Approximately 3 to 4 bags can be checked at no baggage fees at WestJet Airlines. However, with the option of WestJet Encore tickets, you may check 2 to 3 bags. These bags can be checked by paying some WestJet additional baggage fees.
Yes, on domestic as well as international routes, you can add some items to the scheduled flight with WestJet. All you need to do is request the customer service of the airline online to add your baggage. You can also do so by paying WestJet Mastercard baggage fees online or at the airport. Then the airline may add some more limits to your final luggage.
WestJet military baggage policy can offer free luggage to officers and their family members. As per the policy, up to four bags at no WestJet baggage fees for the military can be checked. However, for checking more than four bags, some additional fees may incur.
The checked baggage fees for WestJet from the U.S. to Canada can be $30-35 for a single bag. For checking in two bags, the WestJet baggage allowance from Canada to the U.S. fees may increase to 50-59 CAD. The same baggage fees can apply to Mexico as well.
WestJet may charge extra baggage fees for carrying overweight items onboard. The WestJet extra baggage fees for taking overweight or even oversized items can be $100-118 or 100-118 CAD.
Submit your review