Silver Airways is one of the most used airlines when it comes to staff and onboard services. It is being operated in the United States with its headquarters situated in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. It came into existence on 21st May 2011. The airline enjoys popularity due to its convenient policies among which its guidelines for baggage can be notable for simple travel.
A traveler should be aware of the Silver Airways baggage policy when planning to fly through it. A baggage or luggage is a bag that travelers carry while flying from one destination to the other. There can be different categories of it and of which the guidelines can vary. Looking at each one of them can improve your understanding of the policy.
Silver Airways Carry on Baggage Policy
The carry-on luggage is considered to be a handbag or similar to such a product that can be taken along on flights. Under the Silver Airways carry-on baggage policy, you may need to deposit it at the gate while boarding the flight. You can receive your bag back once you have landed at the destination.
The following items can be carried along with the baggage:
- Laptop bag
- Camera bag
- Small musical instrument
|Baggage Weight||Baggage size||Baggage Charges|
|No restriction on the weigh||14 x 19 x 8.5 in||No Charges|
Silver Airways Personal Item Baggage Rules
A personal item can be a mini version of a bag that you can take to the seat. The category may include small backpacks, purses, etc. These items need to fit properly either in the overhead bin or below the seat before yours. Therefore, the weight and size limits of personal items should be known.
Baggage Weight Limitations:
- There are no restrictions on the weight of a personal item. It just needs to fit in the space below the seat of the person traveling in front of you.
- The overhead bin in the cabin can also be utilized for keeping personal items.
Baggage Size Limitations:
- The size of the bag should be within 105.5 centimeters or 41.5 linear inches.
Personal Items Baggage Fees:
- No charges are levied upon personal items by the airlines.
Silver Airways Checked/ Hold Luggage Policy
A checked bag is the main luggage that a traveler may carry to the airport but cannot take to the cabin area. While checking in, it is to be deposited there. Later, it can be collected later from the destination airport.
Checked Items Baggage Weight Limit
- The maximum amount of weight of a single checked bag has to be 23 kilograms or 50 pounds.
Checked Baggage Size Limit
As per the Silver Airways baggage policy, the standard dimensions of a bag that travelers can carry is 157 centimeters or 62 inches.
Silver Airways Checked/Hold Baggage Fees
- 2 checked bags can be bought online while booking the tickets.
- If you are traveling to an international destination, then the cost for the 1st bag can be 39 USD and for the ones traveling through a domestic flight, the fee would cost around 30 USD.
- The fee for the 2nd luggage for domestic trip items can be 40 USD whereas, for the international flight, it can be 49 USD.
- In case you want to carry a 3rd and a 4th hold bag, the airlines may charge 100 USD per extra bag.
Silver Airways Military Baggage Rules
The people of the U.S. Military are provided special policies if they choose to travel by Silver Airways. You should also know that these rules cannot be applied to military personnel spouses or children. Apart from this, it is important to drop the carry-on bag at the gate when you board and take it back after the flight lands.
Military Bag Weight Limitations
- The people from the military are allowed to carry 1 personal item and 1 carry-on whose weight may not be restricted.
- The maximum weight of the checked luggage that can be carried to the airport should not be more than 50 pounds or 32 kg.
- The airlines may not allow the baggage if the weight exceeds.
Baggage Size Limits
- The size of the military-checked luggage should be 62 inches or 157 centimeters.
- No limits have been levied upon the personal item and the carry-on baggage.
Military Bags Fees
- A personal item, a carry-on, and up to 2 checked pieces of baggage can be transported free of cost by the airlines.
- The extra items of baggage will cost the same as per the standard rates.
Travelers can find Silver Airways worthy of flying with due to the simple guidelines of the policy. It has been made after keeping in mind the comfort of the traveler. By going through the Silver Airways baggage policy, you can be assured of a pleasant journey.
Apart from this, we have prepared other guides on Airlines Baggage Policies you may be interested in. Check them out:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are there any charges for oversized checked baggage?
A fee can be paid for each of the oversized bags as per the Silver Airways baggage policy. If the oversized bag weighs between 24-30 kg or 51-70 pounds, you can be charged 50 USD per bag. 100 USD can be levied on each when the weight falls under 31-45 kg/71-100 pounds.
Will the Airlines charge more for purchasing a piece of checked baggage from the airport?
Indeed, you will have to pay an extra amount on buying the 1st and the 2nd checked baggage at the airport. The price that you see online can increase by 5 USD. There can also be a difference found in the cost, depending on the location to which you are traveling. It can start from 30 USD and can go up to an extra price of 45-50 USD.
What is the fee for carrying sports equipment?
The fee for sports equipment can cost you like the other checked baggage. A total of 100 USD can be applied. Plus, the airlines may charge it according to the rules when it is found oversized. Certain items such as fishing gear, surfboards, and scuba equipment that are more than 62 linear inches cannot be transported due to the limitations imposed.
Which items cannot be taken along as luggage?
As per the baggage allowance, people traveling through Silver Airways are not allowed to carry e-cigarettes or any kind of vaping devices with them during the journey. More items may have been listed as prohibited on the flight:
1. Lithium battery packs
2. Samsung Galaxy Note 7
3. Fireworks or explosives
4. Paint Torch Lighters
5. Liquid Nitrogen Tasers
6. Flammable items
Can I carry my pet on the flight?
You may carry a pet along with you on board. For doing so, you need to present a health certificate of not more than 30 days that is duly signed by a veteran. You also need to make sure that the pet fits inside the small space below the seat of the passenger in front. The pet should not be less than 8 weeks old when you want to take it through the flight.