ANA baggage policy has been simply made for the convenience of its flyers. It allows all of its passengers to carry at least two pieces of bags regardless of their cabin class. The baggage policy of ANA or All Nippon Airways comprises basic rules regarding the overall baggage limit. Going through this baggage policy can also make you aware of things to carry or not carry when you travel.
All Nippon Airways Check-in Baggage Allowance
There are different rules that have to be obeyed for both domestic as well as international travelers. Following the ANA checked baggage allowance for domestic flights, here are the standard rules:
- The weight limit, per bag, permitted for the First Class and Business Class passengers is 32 kilograms. The maximum weight allotted per piece for passengers flying in Economy Class and Premium Economy Class is 23 kilograms.
- Travelers’ in the First Class cabin may check up to three items of baggage, while customers in Business, Economy and Premium Economy classes can only check in two bags.
- Every bag’s overall linear dimension shall not reach 158 centimeters.
Below-mentioned is the baggage weight approved for international customers of All Nippon Airways:
|Cabin Type||Number of Bags||Weight Restrictions|
|Economy Class||2||50 pounds|
|Premium Economy Class||2||50 pounds|
|Business Class||2||70 pounds|
|First Class||3||70 pounds|
Guidelines for Taking Excess Baggage in All Nippon Airways
The quantity of free checked baggage on All Nippon Airlines flights is determined by the weight of the bags and the passenger class. When you transport more than the allotted baggage on this airline, you will have to bear ANA extra baggage fees on domestic and international routes. The following are the fees for excess luggage as per the routes:
|Routes||1-10 kg||11-20 kg||21-30 kg||Up to 10 kg|
|Tokyo-Hachijojima||1,500 JPY||2,500 JPY||3,500 JPY||+1,000 JPY|
|All other routes||2,500 JPY||3,500 JPY||4,500 JPY||+1,000 JPY|
Overweight ANA Airlines Baggage Fees
Upon the addition of items that are bigger than size, passengers will need to pay ANA overweight baggage fees. Look at the chart mentioned below to know what charges would be applied on bringing overweight baggage on All Nippon Airways:
|Overweight/Oversize||Between America and Japan||Between Thailand and Japan||Japan Domestic Sectors|
ANA Security Rules for Bringing Carry-on Baggage
ANA baggage policy has strict security rules concerning what items may be taken inside the cabin. These items can be taken inside All Nippon Airways flights:
- Makeup kits
- Personal items
- Baby bassinet
- Baby car seat
- Hearing aids
- Mobility devices
- Baby food
ANA flight baggage allowance imposes a few liquid constraints which are described below:
- All liquids, lotions, and sprays must always be stored in distinct containers.
- These containers should be no larger than 100 milliliters in capacity.
- They must be put in a transparent ziplock bag with a volume of no more than one liter.
- Certain liquid medications are approved by ANA but they should not surpass the weight capacity.
Carrying Infants with All Nippon Airways
Passengers flying with infants have to follow certain rules, according to the ANA Business Class baggage policy. These rules for the infants are:
- Infants under the age of two do not need their personal seats. However, you must notify ANA that you would be traveling with a baby on your lap.
- Per adult, just one lap kid is permitted. If one adult is traveling, accompanied by more than one infant, then a seat for each individual infant must be bought.
- A kid under the age of two years has to pay 10% of an adult’s fare taxes and fees.
- You may also buy a seat for your baby as provided if you have an appropriate child-restraint device.
ANA Airlines Pet Baggage Policy
ANA implies a basic pet baggage policy. The regulations applied for carrying pets inside the ANA flights are as described below:
- ANA – All Nippon Airways permits dogs exclusively in the cargo for transit.
- Inside the aircraft cabin, only companion dogs are permitted.
- Just on domestic flights, ANA will permit up to three small animals in the cabin, including goldfish, turtles, and insects.
- According to the ANA baggage policy for pets, cold-blooded animals are not permitted within the aircraft.
Sports and Musical Instruments Approved by All Nippon Airways
Mentioned herewith is the chart of which musical and sports items are approved concerning ANA baggage policy:
|Sports Equipment||Musical Instruments|
|Scuba diving gear||Violin|
Prohibited Items on All Nippon Airways
ANA checked baggage allowance on domestic and international flights does not allow a few items. These items are as shown below:
- Inflammable items
- Ignitable substances
- Camping stoves
- Compressed gas
- Toxic substances
- Radioactive materials
- Magnetic materials
- Smart baggage
Note: These items are restricted on All Nippon Airways flights due to security guidelines.
Avoiding to Pay ANA Overweight Baggage Fees
When traveling with All Nippon Airways, the easiest method to eliminate baggage fees is to take only what you need for your complimentary checked bags and carry-ons. Unless you are flying for a lengthy amount of time, this should not be too tough for most visitors. You may also avoid paying extra baggage fees if you make sure that your items are the right size. Checked baggage cannot exceed 62 linear inches in length, along with any wheels or handles, irrespective of the ticket on which you are traveling. Prior to your flight, thoroughly weigh and check your bags to ensure that nothing is overweight or excessive.
Prior to making your reservations with ANA or All Nippon Airways, you should go through the honest reviews given by its flyers. To know what these ANA Airlines reviews unfold, check out this post.
Frequently Asked Questions for All Nippon Airways
Yes, All Nippon Airways follows a strict baggage allowance policy for its passengers. However, this airline puts no restrictions on the number of bags a traveler carries onboard. Also, as per the ANA baggage policy, the weight should not exceed 70 lbs or 32 kilograms.
The airline, ANA, can weigh your carry-on baggage at check-in. Passengers are allowed to bring one piece of normal carry-on baggage and one personal item onboard ANA flights. Keeping in mind ANA carry-on baggage policy rules, the total weight of these items cannot exceed 10 kg. The dimensions should not exceed 22′′ x 16′′ x 10′′. There is always a possibility that ANA will measure your carry-on baggage. So, it is better not to take a chance and risk having to put your items on the hold.