Operating as the flag carrier in Tokyo, Japan Airlines is one of the most popular Asian Airlines. One of the main objectives of this carrier is to maintain uniformity in all its operations, including the check-in procedure. The Japan Airlines check in policy consists of systematic and detailed guidelines about checking in. It also highlights the check-in steps to be followed when flying with and without baggage. Hence, it is important to have a clear understanding of this policy and its conditions.
Highlights of Japan Airlines Check In
Some of the rules to be followed under the JAL check in policy are given below. These rules ensure that no hindrance is faced by the fliers.
- Irrespective of your destination, checking in is compulsory.
- The check-in rules differ when you are flying without baggage.
- The regulations of the secondary airline also apply in the case of connecting flights.
- While checking in, the details on the ticket must match the details on the passport.
- Check-ins can be canceled up to 1 hour before the departure of the flight.
Documents Required for Japan Airline Check In
For the agents to authenticate your Japan Airlines check-in procedure, you will be required to submit a few documents or certificates. These might vary based on the region you are flying to.
The general required details include:
- Reservation Number
- E-Ticket Number
- Authorization Number
- Valid Passport
- Health Certificate
- Accurate Personal Details
Japan Airlines Check In Time
The general check-in time limit is one hour before the flight departure after which your flight might be revoked. Online check-in will open 24 hours before. The check in time Japan Airlines in case of connecting flights depends on the second airline as follows:
|Japan Airlines Check In Time
|24 hours – 2 hours before take-off
|48 hours – 1 and a half hours before take-off
|24 hours – 1 hour before take-off
|24 hours – 1 hour before take-off
|36 hours – 1 hour before take-off
What are the Japan Airlines Check-In Methods?
To avail of the check in Japan Airlines option, you can use the various available options. These include online options, self-use kiosks, and automatic check-in.
Method 1: JAL Online Check In
Considering the Japan Airlines Reviews, web check-in is the fastest and easiest way to obtain your boarding pass. The steps for conducting Japan Airlines online check in are highlighted below. The entire process is divided into five major steps:
- Go to the official site of the JAL Airline.
- Find the “Check In” tab on the upper panel and select the “Online Check-In” option.
- Provide identification details like “Reservation”, “Authorization” and “E-Ticket Number”
- Your booking will now be retrieved on the “Flight Summary” page.
- Next, give personal information on the “Passenger Details” page.
- At last, confirm your ticket on the “Check In Complete” page.
After you finish the check-in process online, you can directly head to the security point at the airport. But, if you are traveling with baggage, you will have to first deposit your bags.
Method 2: Check in through the Mobile App
Another method is by using the Japan check in app. You can also run this application on your desktop. Here are the steps to be followed:
- Download the JAL app using the Apple Store or the Google Play Store.
- Log in or make an account using your credentials.
- Go to the Check-In window in the app.
- Submit your flight details, personal details, and identity proofs.
- Continue with the check-in process and select seats.
- Once you are done, print your boarding pass.
- Check if you have received the confirmation mail.
Method 3: Automatic Check-In
This is another mode of JAL web check in where the airline automatically checks you in 1 day before the flight’s departure. You will have to:
- Opt for this feature by giving your passport number after reserving your flight.
- Select a seat during reservation otherwise, it will be selected automatically.
- You will be notified via email when the process is completed.
Method 4: Airport Check-In
One of the most preferred ways to undertake the Japan Airlines International check in is by the airport method. By checking in at the airport, you can avoid the possibility of technical errors. For this, go to the airport at least 90 minutes prior to the flight:
- Find the check-in counter closest to your boarding gate.
- Show your ticket and give the necessary personal information.
- Deposit Japan Airlines baggage, if any.
- Obtain the boarding pass when the agents finish checking you in.
- Head to the security checkpoint.
Method 5: Self-Use Kiosk
Few airports have kiosks that enable passengers themselves to complete the process. You can simply head to the kiosk, log in, and submit the required details. The rest of the procedure is similar to the Japan Airlines web check in. You can follow the instructions given on the device.
Japan Check In Boarding Pass
To avoid Japan Airlines cancellations, make sure to avail of your boarding pass. This pass can be obtained in print or digitally. It can be:
- Sent attached in email
- Downloaded on the app
- Obtained on paper at the airport.
Japan Airlines International Check In Policy
International fliers are subjected to certain additional regulations. Some of these check in Japan Airlines International rules are:
- International bookings made with travel agencies cannot be checked in online.
- Fliers visiting the US are not eligible for online procedures.
- Web check-in is allowed for international tickets with the JAL group only.
- Codeshare flights with other airlines cannot check in online.
The Japan Airlines check in policy takes an inclusive approach to the check-in procedure by making available different methods of obtaining the boarding pass. It also makes sure that all its guidelines are easy to follow. Thus, the airline provides a comprehensive set of regulations.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How early to check in for Japan Airlines?
For domestic flights, you can check in 24 to 1 hour before your flight’s scheduled departure time and for international flights, you can check in 72 to 1 hours before your flight’s scheduled departure time.
Is it mandatory to check-in online at Japan Airlines?
No, it is not compulsory to check in online at Japan Airlines. However, checking in online is the fastest and easiest way to check in for your flight.
What is the check in cutoff for JAL?
The check-in cutoff time for JAL is 1 hour before your flight’s scheduled departure time. If you do not check in by the cutoff time, you may be denied boarding.
What time is check in for international flights on Japan Airlines?
You can check in for international flights with Japan Airlines starting 72 hours and ending 1 hour prior to the scheduled departure time.