It can be possible that you reserved a flight with Wizz Air and wanted to cancel it later. Owing to any reason, the reversal can take place. The Wizz Air cancellation policy is made to aid you in such situations. This policy can be beneficial because it tries to protect your revocation fees and provide returns when properly followed. Therefore, one should be aware of this policy’s rules and regulations before canceling.
- Conditions Served under Wizz Air Cancellation Policy
- Policy for Wizz Air 24 Hour Cancellation
- Cancellation Reasons at Wizz Air
- Wizz Air Ticket Cancellation Policy for COVID-19
- Wizz Air Reservation Cancellation Methods
- Wizz Air Cancellation Fee
- Wizz Air Cancelled Flight Compensation
- Refund Policy of Wizz Air
- Method to Claim a Wizz Air Refund
- FAQs – Wizz Air Cancellation & Refund Policy
Conditions Served under Wizz Air Cancellation Policy
Before attempting to utilize this policy or feature, it is important to understand its main requirements. Then it will be simple to start the cancellation process. Following this policy by Wizz Air, when a traveler cancels a booking more than fourteen days prior to the departure, he or she will only be charged a fee. For that, you will additionally get a return.
In regard to this, the following are more conditions to read:
- A passenger will be levied a higher price as a fee in case she/he revokes a flight in fourteen days of the planned schedule. For such a cancellation, a refund is not provided.
- The flight should be canceled at least three hours before the planned departure, under the Wizz Air flight cancellation policy.
- In the event of two-way booking, a flyer should reverse the first flight ticket prior to its departure.
- A reversal cannot be possible when an initial flight has already taken off.
- Visitors can claim the returns of their purchased tickets when they have a booking with Plus Fare. This price can be credited to the Wizz Account as a credit.
- On the other hand, the Wizz Flex may not be returned to the account. Also, it will be taken from the total purchase amount on cancellation.
- In seventy-two hours of the request, a refund can be credited to the passenger’s Wizz account as a credit after applying all the fees. This amount can be accessible for one year. Furthermore, it can be used to purchase a new plane ticket with Wizz Air.
- According to the Wizz Air cancellation policy, for flight tickets acquired from any travel agency, a flyer should connect with the same directly in case of any reversal.
- Presuming that a tourist’s family member dies in a period up to thirty days prior to the planned departure, he or she can claim a refund. This family member can include a wife, father, mother, sister, husband, brother, grandchild, grandparent, etc. For that, you will have to give the certificate of death.
Note: A reversal procedure can be deemed complete when a traveler clears all the revocation fees.
Policy for Wizz Air 24 Hour Cancellation
Following the needs and conditions of flyers, Wizz Air has introduced a 24-hour cancellation policy. Also, when it comes to reservations, flyers can get more alternatives and benefits from the carrier. As a part of the Wizz Air 24 hour cancellation feature or policy, flyers can revoke a booking in twenty-four hours of purchasing. Moreover, the air carrier will issue a complete return if your flight was made seven days or more prior to the planned leaving date.
Cancellation Reasons at Wizz Air
Visitors can cancel their reservations for many reasons. It can be due to bad weather, road traffic, passport issues, medical problems, work emergencies, and other such incidents. In the given scenarios, a visitor may not be able to fly. Sometimes, luggage issues can arise as well. For that, when you are aware of the Wizz Air baggage allowance, you can avoid problems with your luggage. However, with regard to reasons beyond your control, you can expect the airline to assist you with cancellations.
Wizz Air Ticket Cancellation Policy for COVID-19
Wizz Air may not provide any cancellation policy during the pandemic of COVID-19. This implies that when a traveler requires to reverse a flight due to coronavirus-related issues, he/she will be subject to the standard terms as well as fees. Alternatively, a flyer who has only Wizz Flex tickets is allowed to revoke a plane ticket because of COVID-19 situations without any charges.
Wizz Air Reservation Cancellation Methods
The Wizz Air flight cancellation policy has offered multiple procedures to reverse a flight simply. Both offline and online procedures are available for flyers, considering their preferences. You can connect with the carrier for detailed guidance on call. Or else, with the online procedure functioning, a visitor can cancel a ticket by using the main website.
Method 1: Canceling Flight Tickets Online
The tickets of Wizz Air can be canceled online via the operator’s site regardless of whether they are en route to national or international locations. This method enables travelers to revoke their tickets with ease but requires them to carry out the process on their own. Using this, you will have to first come to the site of Wizz Air. There, concerning the Wizz Air cancellation policy, you can enter your booking details in the Check-in and Booking feature.
The complete process of canceling a ticket online can be found here:
- Navigate to the site using the link “www.wizzair.com”.
- Press the option “Check-in and Bookings” on the first page of the website.
- Input your flight data in the given spaces. The data can include
- “Passenger’s Last Name”
- “Confirmation Code”
- Now, hit the “Search” button.
- By clicking on it, a reservation list should be displayed on your screen. Select a booking to use the cancellation Wizz Air feature.
- Furthermore, press the “Cancel” tab.
- Next, you may be asked about the reversal fees when necessary. Given that the payment is completed, the airline will send you a verification message.
Method 2: By Calling the Customer Service Department
For canceling a plane ticket, the carrier, Wizz Air, has given a calling method. With this method, you can connect with the officials of the airline who can cancel your flight quickly. This method can be the best for last-moment reversals as they can save your time compared to self-initiated cancellations.
To initiate this method, you will have to dial one of the following numbers:
Note: There are more numbers available for other countries on the Wizz Air website’s “Contact Us” page.
Over the phone, the officials will ask you regarding the purpose of calling. Then you can explain to him or her about the need for the cancellation Wizz Air feature. Also, provide your plane ticket details including your:
- Complete name
- Departure time and date
- Ticket number
- Seat number
With the help of this information, the officials will track your reservation and cancel it on your behalf. Then it can be possible that you will be asked to pay the cancellation fees along with the calling charges. Pay both charges as applicable as per your location. In the end, you will be informed about your revoked plane ticket’s status.
Wizz Air Cancellation Fee
Wizz Air can charge a fee for canceling a flight. Based on the circumstances, the fees can vary. According to the cancellation policy, a revocation made up to two weeks prior to a schedule will incur a €65 cost per traveler.
Kindly read the below-given fees details before canceling plane tickets:
- When you cancel your flight in 14 days before it is set to depart, you will be charged €83 as a Wizz Air cancellation fee per flyer.
- On national flights, a passenger should have to pay charges from USD 50 to USD 300 per person.
- You will be levied a fee roughly from USD 100 to USD 600 per visitor on a foreign flight.
Note: The cancellation charges can be updated by the airline. Hence, they can change from time to time.
Wizz Air Cancelled Flight Compensation
Off and on, for reasons like take-off issues, safety concerns, etc., the air carrier may cancel a tourist’s flight. In these cases, Wizz Air does not let tourists face the situation alone. For that, it provides compensation against reversal which can vary in form.
Look below to know the compensation options or amounts given by the air operator:
- In case Wizz Air cancels a booking, you have the option of rebooking the next accessible flight on a similar route. On the other hand, if no plane tickets are offered for the same or the following day, then you can choose to organize your trip via a suitable mode of transportation or with another airline. Furthermore, to claim compensation, you should gather all the expenses receipts.
- Additionally, in the instances of delays, the airline provides two complimentary phone calls or pays expenses of such calls as a Wizz Air cancelled flight compensation.
- In a situation involving re-routing, when a new flight’s planned departure is after one day, the carrier will provide free hotel accommodations. Also, transportation will be given between the location of the hotel and the airport.
- When the cancellation is due to exceptional scenarios that may not have been prevented despite taking all the necessary precautions, the carrier will not be liable for any reimbursements. These scenarios can include bad weather, air traffic, alerts pertaining to terrorism, security issues, etc.
Wizz Air cancelled flight compensation can be given under Article 7 of the regulation as follows:
|Flights between 1501 and 3500 kilometers long||400||This cost can be decreased by 50% when a replacement flight is provided. Also, a delay should not surpass the planned time by three hours.|
|Above 3500 kilometers||600||When a delay is not more than four hours and a new flight is offered, this amount can be lowered by 50%.|
|Less than 1500 kilometers||250||Should the next accessible flight be given and delays are not longer than two hours, then this reimbursement can be deducted by 50%.|
Note: In instances wherein Wizz Air has notified for revocations, the above-given reimbursement will not be provided.
Refund Policy of Wizz Air
In some situations, on cancellation, the air carrier, Wizz Air provides a refund to a traveler. To obtain a return, a traveler should follow the Wizz Air flight cancellation policy. In light of this policy, when you revoke a booking two weeks prior to its departure, you will receive a return.
The following are other points you should be mindful of in order to receive a money-back:
- Flight tickets for Basic Economy cannot be refunded when they are canceled.
- In the instances of non-refundable tickets, flyers will have to pay some fees.
- Passengers who have bought Wizz Flex or Plus Fare tickets are eligible for money-back or refunds.
- A refund can be offered when you revoke a ticket during the twenty-four hours of booking.
Method to Claim a Wizz Air Refund
A flyer can simply obtain a refund via the main website of Wizz Air. After canceling a flight, you can look for a refund option. Then you can add the necessary plane ticket details as asked in the following steps. Submit a refund request to the air operator. In the end, wait for the airline to respond. After a few days, you will get your refund in your account.
The Wizz Air cancellation policy makes it easy to reverse a flight. It meets the needs of various domestic and international passengers. They can cancel their flight for any reason for as long as they abide by all the significant rules. Thus, over the world, this policy greatly provides benefits to passengers.
FAQs – Wizz Air Cancellation & Refund Policy
Two ways are provided by the air carrier to cancel a flight with ease. The initial way can be offline. In this way, you can get in touch with the officials and ask for a quick cancellation Wizz Air on call, provided that you pay certain charges. Another way can be online. By using this, you can reverse a booking on your own after navigating to the website.
Generally, in the case of coronavirus, the air carrier has not implemented any specific cancellation policy. However, a passenger with Wizz Flex tickets can be permitted to cancel a flight during COVID-19. By doing so, you will not have to pay any fees. Furthermore, you may get a refund too due to the COVID-19 cancellation on Wizz Air.
When a traveler has a booking with Plus Fare, he or she can request a return on the cancellation of the ticket. Moreover, owing to the Wizz Air flight cancellation policy, this amount can be provided as a credit to your account.
Wizz Air provides a canceled flight cash refund in the form of compensation. It can depend on the type of ticket, delayed hours, and other factors. In some circumstances, the nature of the transaction that you perform while the process of booking determines the refund in cash. Hence, it is vital to double-check with the carrier to see if a cash refund is possible.
Within the first twenty-four hours of a booking, you can easily cancel your plane ticket. Also, according to the Wizz Air 24 hour cancellation feature, you can qualify for a refund when a booking can be revoked 7 days or longer from the planned departure. Hence, these are the simple criteria that passengers should know and take advantage of.
A passenger can connect with Wizz Air officials over the phone to cancel a flight. Share your complete name, ticket number, and other details on the number specific to your location. Owing to this information, the officials will search your reservation and start the process of cancellation. Further, you may have to pay a fee if applicable. Once it is done, you will be notified via email.
The Wizz Air cancel flight online option is available for visitors. To utilize this, you will have to go to the main website of this airline. Then click the “Check-in and Bookings” tab and enter the details as asked. Tap the “Search” feature. Now, choose your flight and press the “Cancel” button.
Wizz Air sometimes opts to cancel a visitor’s flight. It can be done because of air traffic, labor shortage, bird strike, and so on. When this happens, you can contact the operator to figure out the exact cause and the current status for revocation.
In case a passenger cancels a flight, she or he will have to pay a charge. It can be based on the timing of the cancellation, ticket type, etc. You will be levied €83 as a Wizz Air cancellation fee when you revoke a booking in fourteen days prior to the planned schedule. Likewise, the cancellation performed up to 14 days before a departure will cost €65 per passenger.
For reasons like bad weather, sickness of the pilot, and the like, Wizz Air cancels a reservation. To know the exact status of your booking today, you can locate the carrier’s main site. Or else, you can call the air operator for further assistance on the phone number specific to your country.
The Wizz Air cancellation policy is a framework of terms and conditions that assist you with revocations. This policy can aid all travelers who may want to reverse bookings. In case of any questions about getting refunds or having your plane tickets canceled, you can go through this policy in depth.
Wizz Air flights can be canceled due to take-off issues, being on the lookout for connecting travelers, obtaining security clearance, and other reasons that hinder your security. Sometimes, technical problems can also restrict the air carrier from flying.
When traveling on Wizz Air, Basic Economy flyers may not have numerous benefits with respect to cancellations. For such a ticket, you will have a 24 hours grace period for reversals. Following the Wizz Air cancellation policy, within the first twenty-four hours, you can revoke a flight with ease.
Wizz Air cancels a flight due to multiple reasons pertaining to security. You can reserve the next available flight to your location right away. Or else, you can claim compensation from the air operator. To know your rights regarding compensation, you can ask the airline’s officials to guide you.