During emergencies, sudden discontinuation of flights is one of the major inconveniences. Swoop Airlines tries to avoid such disruptions through its cancellation policy. Being a low-cost carrier, this airline has taken a simple yet effective approach in the form of the Swoop cancellation policy understanding whose rules can be helpful.
- How does the Swoop Cancellation Policy Work?
- Swoop Refund Policy
- What Happens if Swoop Revokes My Flight?
- Reversing Flights on Swoop Airlines
- Swoop Cancellation Fee
How does the Swoop Cancellation Policy Work?
First and foremost, it is essential to know that this airline operates on an ultra-low-cost budget model. Hence, its rules and guidelines are quite straightforward. The implementation of these regulations is also done in an effective manner.
In this context, the following are some of the conditions of the Swoop Airlines ticket cancellation policy:
- Passengers will only be allowed to revoke their bookings within 24 hours of the time of reservation.
- To access the 24-hour booking reversal feature, your flight should be scheduled at least 7 days from the date of reservation.
- You will not be permitted to make any revocations after the above-mentioned time period.
- Requests for refunds can only be made on those reservations which have been reversed during the stipulated time.
- Along with flight revocations, you can perform modifications on your bookings as well.
- A fee for undoing your trip may or may not be charged depending on the arrival destination and the ticket fare.
- It is mandatory to clearly inform the airline regarding your cancellation request before proceeding with the reversal process.
- The rules applicable will be different when the airline itself cancels your flight.
- Alterations to the flight tickets can be made up to 72 hours before the departure of the plane.
- All the tickets which have been booked through the official sources of this carrier will be subject to these conditions.
- To cancel trips that were reserved using third-party sites, you will have to contact their agents.
Note: To find answers to any queries about the Swoop Airline booking cancellation policy, you can directly call the airline authorities. Otherwise, you can check out the official website of the carrier as well.
Swoop Refund Policy
Refunds are those reimbursements that can be obtained after the successful revocation of your flights. To be eligible to get your money back, you have to follow certain conditions given by the Swoop Airlines refund policy.
Some of the important points mentioned under this policy are given below:
- You can only claim a refund when your fare is refundable.
- Reimbursements will be given only on the unused portion of the ticket.
- In case a part of your reservation is completed, while the rest is unused, money-back can be guaranteed only on the latter portion.
- Irrespective of when you make your refund request, the amount will be credited back in the original form of payment. That is, the mode of payment you used while booking the ticket.
- Passengers who have not canceled their reservations within the first 24 hours of booking will not be permitted to claim refunds.
- Eligibility to request reimbursement will be denied if you have simply modified your flight rather than revoked it.
- No fee will have to be paid for making a request to get money back on your ticket.
Note: In case you are looking to get a refund on itineraries that involve connecting flights, it is recommended that you reach out to the airline agents.
Swoop Refund Policy for COVID-19 Flight Cancellations
Due to the COVID pandemic, many flights may be revoked suddenly. However, the airline, acting in the best interests of the customers, grants full reimbursements on all trips discontinued to the coronavirus.
- If your booking has been discontinued due to COVID, you will first get a notification from the carrier.
- The agents will inform you whether you are eligible to claim a refund or not based on the specific conditions applicable to Swoop flight cancellations.
- Assuming that you are deemed eligible, you can ask for a refund.
- Once your request is placed, the airline will begin processing your reimbursement.
- It might take a while for the money to get credited into your account.
- Once you receive your reimbursement amount, sign your details in the confirmation mail that will be sent to the registered ID.
Note: Travelers who have unused tickets with the airline can claim full refunds. This is when their flights have been reversed due to not only the pandemic but other medical emergencies as well.
Eligibility for Refunds
This airline determines the eligibility criteria for refunds keeping certain conditions in view. To know whether you can claim reimbursement or not after you cancel Swoop flight within 24 hours, go through the points given below:
- All domestic, international, and transborder flights which are originally booked with this carrier and do not include the involvement/ influence of any other airline can be refunded.
- Travelers will not be able to get a money-back offer when the operator arranges an alternative flight after the revocation of the original trip.
- For fliers who are not able to board alternative flights due to any reason, travel credits will be issued.
- These credits can be utilized for 24 months from the date of reversal of the main booking.
- In case you already possess travel credits for a reservation that was canceled, then, conversion of these credits into a refund can be possible.
- Therefore, refunds will only be granted when no other option has been made available by the operator.
Note: Generally, the Swoop cancellation fee will be deducted from the refund amount. The exact amount of deduction will be told to you at the time of reversal.
What Happens if Swoop Revokes My Flight?
Sometimes, flight revocations are not done by the passengers. But they are done by the airline authorities themselves. This is because unavoidable circumstances may force the agents to deny the passengers from boarding the planes.
These may include:
- Flight delays
- Mechanical breakdown of the aircraft
- Delay of in-flight services
Such delays can ultimately result in the cancellation of the trip. In such circumstances, the airline is responsible to indemnify the passengers under the Swoop cancelled flight compensation policy.
- You will be notified regarding the status of your flight as soon as it is confirmed to be discontinued.
- Passengers will be assigned the next immediate flight to the same destination as an alternative.
- If you’re traveling from an EU-operated airline, the EC 261 law will be applicable while issuing compensation.
- As per this law, when a flight delay of more than 3 hours has resulted in a cancellation, you will be entitled to claim compensation of around USD 700 or EUR 600.
- During the waiting time for your next flight, free drinks and meals can be availed.
- Your stand-by flight may be scheduled for the next day.
- Then you may request an overnight stay in hotel accommodation.
- Transportation and communication facilities can also be asked for in such cases.
Note: With reference to the Swoop Air booking cancellation policy, compensation will not only be offered for flight revocations but also for delays. The reimbursement amount will depend on the time of delay and the availability of alternative reservations.
Swoop Cancelled Flight Compensation
The eligibility for reimbursements depends on the reason why the airline has revoked your booking. If these reasons include any circumstance within the control of the carrier, then compensation will be guaranteed.
However, the airline will not be entirely responsible to offer monetary or service compensation when the situation is beyond its managing capacity. These uncontrollable circumstances may include:
- Unfavorable weather
- Sudden storms
- Inter-border attacks
- Riots and strikes
- Conditions imposed by the government
When such afore-mentioned situations compel the authorities to go for the Swoop cancel flight option, it may not be possible for them to provide compensation. Therefore, availing of money-back will only happen under a few states of occurrences.
Reversing Flights on Swoop Airlines
The Swoop ticket cancellation policy permits its fliers to revoke their flights using two main options. These include:
- Through the carrier’s official site – the online method
- By contacting the carrier’s authorities – the offline method
No matter what option you select, the operator will ensure that the revocation is done effectively. Hence, you can choose the method that you are most comfortable with based on your needs. However, the procedure of reversal is slightly different in both these options.
Method 1: Through The Carrier’s Site
Selecting the online method is a viable option when you wish to discontinue your international reservations. It is quite simple to follow and can be completed in just a few minutes. Furthermore, under this method, you can access the various features of the Swoop flight cancellation policy 24/7.
One visit to the airline’s site will help you to reverse your booking through the online method. For further details, refer to the steps given below:
- Visit the link “www.flyswoop.com”.
- This will take you to the official website of this airline.
- Here, on the main page of the site, you will find a dialogue box with a panel of six tabs.
- From these tabs, select the “My Bookings” option.
- You will now be asked to enter certain information. This includes details like:
- “Reservation Code”
- and “Last Name”.
- Once you are done entering these details, click on the “Find My Booking” button.
- This will help you retrieve your bookings.
- Now, select the reservation that is to be revoked.
- Hereon, you can use the cancel flight option to reverse your booking by following the on-screen guidelines.
- At this stage, make the payment of the revocation charges only if required.
The booking will now be officially discontinued. Once you are done with undoing your trip, check for a confirmation email. This will be sent to your registered address. Sometimes, you might also get a call from the airline confirming your revocation.
Method 2: By Contacting the Carrier’s Authorities
The offline option has been designed for passengers who may not have time for the online method. Besides, this is the fastest way to perform any kind of alterations to your reservations. Usually, this method is the most preferred when canceling short-term flights.
To reverse your booking through offline means, you will simply have to connect with the airline’s agents. For doing so, dial the following number:
Upon reaching the agents:
- Firstly, make sure to introduce yourself and also mention the purpose of calling.
- Clearly explain that you would like to discontinue your trip.
- Give the reason for this decision as well.
- If your ticket is eligible for reversal, then the agents will explain to you exactly what is Swoop cancellation policy.
- They will then commence the revocation process provided that you are in agreement with all the terms and conditions of this policy.
- Pay the necessary cancellation fee or the required service charges.
- In the end, you will get an official confirmation of the reversal.
In case you have more queries regarding the entire revocation procedure, you can seek help and find answers directly on the carrier’s site.
- Go to the main website of the airline using the link given above.
- Scroll down to the utmost bottom of the page to find the “Connect” section.
- Click on the “Need Help” option.
- Go to the “Flight Changes and Cancellations” category under the “Select a Topic” section.
- Find the answers to all your Swoop Airlines flight cancellation questions here.
Swoop Cancellation Fee
Generally, you will not incur any Swoop Air cancellation fee for Swoop 24 hour cancellation after booking. Sometimes, based on the nature of your ticket, a small fee might be payable. You will be informed regarding the exact amount of charges at the time of flight reversal. Additionally:
- Passengers who do not show up at the time of boarding without prior reversal of the ticket will not be charged any penalty.
- No fee is charged in case of revocations due to COVID-19.
Overall, the Swoop cancellation policy makes it simpler for its customers to undo their reservations. It offers the utmost assistance and convenience to them.
Frequently Asked Questions
There may have been many revocations on the part of the airline, but it is being taken care of now.
You will simply have to go to the “My Bookings” section on the online site, provide your details and follow the given instructions.
Most of the tickets of this carrier are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Yes, dial the contact number of the carrier and share your concerns to agents to reverse your flight offline.
The airline may be known to revoke its tickets often but it is putting efforts to change this now.
In most cases, no fee will be charged for the reversal of your ticket. Only a service charge might be incurred.
You can either use the online option of revocation by visiting the main website of the airline or get in direct contact with the officials via the toll-free number.
The operator cancels flights when unavoidable circumstances force it to do so.
This policy states that flight reversals can only be done within the first 24 hours of booking.
Yes, you can get a refund. However, the exact amount of the reimbursement will depend on the reason for the discontinuation of the booking.
You will be provided with an alternative flight to the same destination. Otherwise, a full refund of the ticket will be given.
Passengers can make a claim for a refund by calling the airline authorities.
According to this policy, cancellations will not be allowed beyond the 24-hour period.
A fee will have to be paid if it is so required at the time of revocation.
Compensation in the form of money or an alternative booking will be offered to the affected passengers.