When deciding to choose air transport, you will have to keep in mind the potential problems. One such problem is the need to revoke the tickets. The Ryanair cancellation policy will be applicable when these revocations are to be made. Whether canceling your flights or claiming a refund, this policy helps in both situations.
- Main Guidelines of the Ryanair Flight Cancellation Policy
- Can You Cancel a Ryanair Flight within 24 Hours of Booking?
- Flight Cancellations due to Family Emergencies
- Refund Policy of Ryanair
- Cancellations due to COVID
- Method to Revoke Flights on Ryanair
- What Happens If Ryanair Cancels My Flight?
- Flight Revocation Charges
- FAQs – Ryanair Cancellation Policy
Main Guidelines of the Ryanair Flight Cancellation Policy
In order for the ticket reversals to be processed smoothly, this carrier has given a specific set of guidelines. These rules form the basis of the cancellation policy of Ryanair. Hence, passengers not completely compliant with these regulations will not be permitted to reverse their bookings.
- For the rules of this policy to be applicable to the tickets, the reservations have to be made directly through the carrier’s sources.
- Upon the successful revocation of your ticket, you can either file a claim for a refund or rebook another flight.
- Passengers will be allowed to discontinue their trips due to any reason. No documentation will be asked for except in the case of medical emergencies.
- Reimbursements will be offered when the flights are canceled by the airline at the last minute.
- Along with ticket reversal compensation, there will also be compensation provided when flights are delayed.
- If you have used the assistance of a third-party site to make your reservation, you can only modify your booking by contacting them.
- The request for making Ryanair flight cancellations have to be made at least a few weeks in advance of the flight’s scheduled departure.
- The cancellation of your ticket cannot be guaranteed if you have made a request at the last moment.
- This carrier has the right to revoke your bookings when you do not meet the security regulations or violate other essential regulations.
- There is no specific exemption of fee on reservations canceled within the first 24 hours of booking.
- Travelers who wish to request a revocation will be required to make the payment of the necessary fees.
Note: Passengers having any queries or issues with the guidelines mentioned above can reach out to the airline authorities at any time throughout the week. Queries regarding other topics like seat selection, Ryanair baggage policy, and refund policy can also be solved.
Can You Cancel a Ryanair Flight within 24 Hours of Booking?
All the official reservations made with this carrier can be revoked within the initial 24 hours of reservation. Passengers who cancel Ryanair flights within 24 hours of reservation can enjoy certain exemptions and benefits as follows:
- Payment of the revocation charges need not be done during the risk-free period.
- Passengers will be allowed to reverse the route of their flights for free.
- The exemption of the additional charges is not only applicable to flight cancellations but also to flight modifications.
- You can change your ticket date and time or make minor corrections without incurring any fees.
- If you wish to revoke your flight and rebook another one during this period, you will have to pay only the fare difference.
- Refunds can also be claimed within these 24 hours.
- However, refunds will not be granted when the price of your new rebooked flight (if rebooked) is lower than that of the original booking.
Note: This feature of free cancellations/modifications will only be available to passengers who have booked their tickets directly at Ryanair.com.
Flight Cancellations due to Family Emergencies
Although the airline provides refunds on most canceled flights, special care is given to those travelers who are compelled to revoke their bookings due to family emergencies, especially the death of an immediate relative. Full and fair Ryanair ticket refunds can be accessed in such circumstances.
As per the cancellation policy of this carrier, the following members will be considered as the immediate family of the passenger:
- Children (adopted and step-children as well)
- Spouse or civil partner
- Siblings (step-siblings) as well
- In-laws (father, mother, brother, sister, daughter, or son)
When the death of a close family member of the passenger occurs, they will be allowed to cancel their flights without any delay.
- In case you receive the unfortunate news of a close friend/family’s passing while on board, you will immediately be allocated to a return flight.
- If there are about 28 days left for the flight’s departure and you wish to revoke it due to the reasons mentioned, you can easily do so.
- The Ryanair ticket refund policy will grant full reimbursement on such cancellation. You will simply have to submit the application form.
Note: To be allocated on a return flight, contact the airline agents and inform them about the emergency circumstance.
Refund Policy of Ryanair
Getting back your amount in the form of reimbursement is known as a refund. These refunds will only be given after the revocation of your flights. Also, to be eligible to revive this refund, travelers must meet certain criteria set by Ryanair’s cancellation policy.
- Refunds can only be claimed on refundable fares.
- Reimbursements will not be given if you fail to cancel your booking before the flight’s departure.
- When you have made a reservation directly by visiting the carrier’s site, the refunded amount will be credited to your “Ryanair Wallet”
- The amount in this wallet can be withdrawn for use in the original form of payment. Otherwise, you can reserve it to make future bookings.
- If you wish to claim a refund on flights booked via travel agents, you will have to complete the verification process. This verification can be either online or manual.
- It will take about 5 business days for the carrier to process your requests.
- Passengers are allowed to make a phone call to the airline authorities when there is a delay in the processing of the refund amount.
- Money-back will also be offered on flights that are revoked due to coronavirus or similar medical emergencies.
Note: When claiming a reimbursement on flights revoked due to the death of a close family member, submission of the essential legal documents is necessary.
To claim a full refund on canceled flights, you can follow the procedure given below:
- After successfully canceling the Ryanair booking, you will be eligible to begin the refund process.
- Open your search engine and go to the link for check-in.
- This will take you to the self-service portal of the carrier’s site.
- Now, on the dialog box provided on the right side of the screen, select the option titled “Reservation Number”.
- You will now be asked to enter your “Reservation Number” and “Email Address”.
- Then, click on the “Retrieve Your Booking” button highlighted in yellow.
- The on-screen instructions will assist you in completing the rest of the process.
Another method to file a refund request on Ryanair flight booking cancellations is by filling out a detailed form. This form can be accessed by following the given procedure:
- Enter the following in your web browser “Ryanair Refund Application Form”.
- This will redirect you to the official site of the airline where the form has to be filled out.
- In the refund application form, enter all the details asked. These include:
- the reason for refund,
- flight reservation number,
- airline code,
- date of the disrupted flight,
- customer’s first and last name,
- email address,
- and other such details.
- After providing these details, clear the privacy condition by correctly entering the code.
- Now, tap the “Submit refund application” button and your refund request will be sent to the operator.
- The agents may get back to you via email or call.
Note: In order to get a tax refund on your ticket, you will have to pay certain charges known as the admiration fee as per the Ryanair Airlines cancellation policy. This fee is around EUR 20.
Another option that can be used to claim a refund is the offline method. Under this, reach out to the carrier’s call center and make your request accordingly.
Cancellations due to COVID
This airline regards the safety of the passengers as the utmost priority. Due to this, during the pandemic, the carrier revokes certain flights to ensure the health of its customers. But, to protect passengers from the inconvenience caused due to such untimely reversals, a COVID-19 cancellation policy is put in place.
Under this policy, the following conditions apply to all Ryanair flights canceled due to COVID:
- Free seats on alternative flights will be offered to the passengers whose reservations have been revoked.
- The value of the ticket will be re-credited to the passenger either in the form of travel vouchers or plain cash.
- The vouchers will not expire until a year from the date of their issuance. Extension of the validity period will be done only once.
- Passengers can redeem the value of their travel vouchers in the form of cash as and when required. However, this cash will be redeemed only in the currency of payment/issue.
- There is no compulsion to use the vouchers in one go. They can be used whenever you wish to book a flight.
- Only the passenger who has revived the voucher will be permitted to redeem and use it.
- When flights are canceled due to covid, you can also choose to rebook other flights as well.
Note: These vouchers can also be used to select seats, book hotel services, check in bags, and access fast-track services as well.
Method to Revoke Flights on Ryanair
In order to make it easy for customers to undo their bookings, this airline offers two main methods of flight reversals. Both of these options can be used either to revoke the bookings or to make a refund claim. These include online and offline ways.
These options will be available for use at all times. Further, even the Ryanair 24-hour flight cancellation feature can be accessed by utilizing these methods. Therefore, to properly understand the operating procedure under each option, go through the steps given below.
Method 1: Online Flight Reversal Process
In today’s digital world, it is no surprise that the online option is the most used method of canceling flights. It has a wide range and is extremely simple to follow as well. Travelers who wish to revoke long-distance flights can choose this method of reversal.
In case you have decided to revoke your booking online, you will have to pay a visit to the official site of this carrier and provide all the required details. This can be done in the following manner:
- Go to the main site of the operator by visiting the Official Website.
- On the top right corner of the home page of this site, you will find five tabs. Among these select the “My Bookings” tab.
- A new page will be opened which contains a dialogue box with two options. From here, select the “Reservation Number” section.
- Provide your email address and reservation number after which you will have to click on the “Retrieve” Your Booking” button.
- You will now be able to view your reservations. Select the flight that has to be revoked.
- By following the directions given on the screen, you can now use the Ryanair cancel flight ticket option to revoke the flight.
- Here, you can make the payment for the reversal charges if asked by the carrier.
When your booking is officially reversed, you will receive a confirmation mail to your registered address.
Note: Making requests for reversals at the last moment using the online method may turn out to be a hassle. Therefore, you are advised to revoke your bookings at least a few days in advance of the flight’s departure.
Method 2: Offline Revocation of Ryanair Flights
Known to be the simplest option, the offline method is used by many travelers worldwide. It is both simple and effective. All types of tickets can be revoked using this option including refundable, non-refundable, long-term, or short-term. Further, it can also be used to claim the Ryanair canceled/changed flight compensation.
The offline method pimples that you will have to talk directly to the agents without the involvement of any mediators or sites. To connect with the officials, you can dial the toll-free number found on the site.
- Once you reach the agents, firstly, make sure to introduce yourself and clearly mention the purpose of your call.
- You will have to let them know that you wish to revoke your bookings.
- As a result, the airline will now ask you to provide further information regarding the flight number, date of departure, and airline code.
- Certain personal details like the passenger’s full name and mail address will also be asked.
- The agents will make sure that you understand the rules of the cancellation policy.
- The revocation process will be commenced if you have agreed to all the terms and conditions of this policy.
- Payment of any additional charges needs to be done, in case required by the carrier,
The agents will take a while to cancel your flight after which you will be given the confirmation.
Note: You are recommended to immediately inform the agents if anything goes wrong during any stage of the reversal process. The airline will make sure that the process is completed smoothly as per the Ryanair Airlines reviews.
What Happens If Ryanair Cancels My Flight?
At times, it might be possible for the carrier to reverse your bookings at the last moment. This can be due to various controllable and non-countable causes. When such revocations occur, the airline takes necessary steps to compensate the passengers. You will be offered Ryanair canceled flight booking compensation based on the level of damage and inconvenience caused.
When the causes for revocation are within the control of the airline’s management, it will be liable to issue compensation. Some of these controllable causes might include:
- Bad maintenance
- Technical damage to the plane
- Mechanical issues with the aircraft
- The pilot being late
- Delay in the arrangement of in-cabin services
These causes might not only result in flight cancellations but also delays. Sometimes, you may also miss your flights on Ryanair. However, irrespective of the effect, all the inconvenienced fliers will be eligible to claim a refund in the following situations:
- In case the flight’s departure has been canceled and scheduled later after 5 hours.
- When no stand-by flights are available.
- When the traveler is not in a position to take the stand-by flight due to their personal schedule.
Passengers whose flights were revoked or delayed for more than 3 hours will be able to claim Ryanair monetary refund or compensation. The exact amount of this fee depends on the distance the said flight is to have originally covered. The following conditions apply:
- 250 euros will be compensated when the distance of the flight is less than or equal to 1500 km
- If the flight distance is between 1500 km and 3500 km, a monetary refund of 400 euros will be offered. The same is the case for all intra-EU flights.
- On the condition that the airline is able to arrange a rerouted flight with less than 3 hours delay from the initially scheduled flight, then the refund amount will be deducted by 50%
Note: For calculating distance on rerouted flights, the airline uses the great circle route method.
To reduce the inconvenience of the customers to a minimum, this airline also offers service compensation in the event of Ryanair booking cancellations/delays. The following services can be availed by travelers whose bookings were suddenly revoked:
- Free meals, snacks, drinks, and refreshments when the waiting time exceeds long hours.
- Passengers will be permitted to make 2 free telephone calls. Fax, email, and telefax services will also be rendered.
- Hotel rooms and accommodations when passengers have to stay overnight due to canceled flights.
- In case the assigned hotel is far from the hotel, free transportation services between the room and the airport will be provided.
When the carrier cannot provide you with the aforementioned services due to any reason, monetary reimbursement for all the expenses incurred can be claimed. This amount will be refunded to your account.
Exceptions to Receiving Compensation:
As per the Ryanair ticket cancellation policy, you will not be eligible to request compensation when the information regarding the revoked flight has been updated at least 2 weeks before the departure. Similarly, some other exceptions to the refund policy are as follows:
- When the airline arranges an alternative flight about 2 weeks and 7 days in advance of the departure time.
- When the stand-by flight is available at least 2 hours before the time of take-off of the original reservation.
- When the airline can arrange a flight wherein you can reach your arrival destination 2 hours before the scheduled arrival time.
- When tickets have been revoked due to causes beyond the operator’s control, your eligibility for the compensation will be canceled.
When the airline overbooks its flights, there might not be enough seats for certain passengers. In such a case, volunteers who are willing to give up their seats on the said flight will be offered benefits. If no such volunteers show up, the inconvenienced passengers will be offered the same canceled flight ticket compensation as mentioned above.
Flight Revocation Charges
The airline might charge a certain fee in order to allow you to revoke your bookings. The exact amount of the Ryanair cancellation fee depends on a few factors like the time and mode of request, arrival destination, and whether the flight is operated by the EU or not. Sometimes, the revocation charges might include service fees as well.
The cancellation policy of Ryanair ensures that the revocation process is made simple. It enables fliers to claim refunds and request compensation. Overall, this policy makes flight journeys comfortable and convenient.
FAQs – Ryanair Cancellation Policy
Yes, revoking flights within the initial 24 hours of booking on this carrier will not cost you any additional charges.
This airline does not cancel its reservations often unless unavoidable circumstances force it to do so.
Specific tickets from Ryanair are refundable based on the type of fare. You can know whether your tickets are refundable or not at the time of reversal.
Passengers will have to undo their booking at least 2.5 hours before the departure of the flight.
The cancellation policy of this airline states that flights can be revoked up to 2.5 hours before their take-off and refunds can be claimed as well.
Generally, the refunds will be processed within 5 working days from the date of making a claim.
Once you reverse your reservation, you will be given the option to either book a new flight or make a request for a refund.
You may revoke your booking within 24 hours by using the online site. Access the “My Bookings” section and follow the on-screen directions.
Only tickets revoked during the first 24 hours of booking and due to family emergencies will incur no charges.
Yes, on all refundable fares, the original value of the ticket will be credited back to the passengers after revocation.
Yes, both domestic and international flights of this carrier can be revered during the risk-free period without the payment of extra charges.
Online reversals can be done via the official site of this airline. Go to the “Manage Booking” section and enter the information asked.
The airline may not be able to refund your money immediately within 24 hours. You should have to wait for at least 4-5 days.
When the flights have been revoked by the airline due to causes outside its control like riots and strikes, you will not be eligible to request compensation or refund.
In case the airline itself revokes your booking, you will have the right to ask for money or service compensation.
You can discontinue your trip and claim a refund online through the “manage booking” section or offline by connecting with the airline agents.
In this case, your flight will be revoked but the value of the ticket will not be refunded.
Yes, compensation for 2-hour delays can be availed of either in the form of services or a refund.
You will get a money-back in the original form of payment in case the airline revokes your booking.
Refunds on this airline take at least 5 business days to be fully processed.
Yes, a revocation policy for this airline’s flights exists.
For same-day Ryanair cancellations, you should immediately visit the airport. The airport officials can guide you personally regarding the reversal process.
The canceled flights of this carrier can be compensated during some situations.
To reverse a Ryanair flight within 24 hours, locate the carrier’s main website. Or else, contact its representative.
You can revoke flights in urgent situations such as medical problems or difficulties in traveling.
To find out the exact amount of refund, you can get in touch with this airline.
On Ryanair, the refund time extends even after check-in. Hence, refunds will be given even after this is completed.
In case of technical issues or mechanical problems, Ryanair can cancel bookings.
Unfortunately, during the COVID-19 pandemic, this airline can revoke flights for passengers’ safety and security.
Yes, a tourist can discontinue a plane ticket before check-in at Ryanair.
Sometimes Ryanair may cancel flights but the exact frequency may not be known.
To undo a reservation online, access the website of this carrier. Enter your “Email ID” and “Password” in the “My Bookings” tab. Then follow the on-screen directions.
To access the option to revoke a ticket within 24 hours, instantly call the airline and connect with the agents.
A passenger can have the option to undo a booking at any moment at Ryanair. However, you will not be able to get a refund on the same day as that of the cancellation made.
Yes, you can undo your booking within 24 hours of purchasing it.
You can contact the airline and request your compensation for the reversed flight or ask for another reservation for the actual ticket.