Employing a specific set of rules, the Ryanair baggage policy allows bringing a limited number of items inside its cabins. These rules are based on strict guidelines and are mandatory for their passengers to obey. The guidelines of this policy are different for carry-on baggage, checked items, and excess luggage.
Ryanair Baggage Allowance for Checked Items
Ryanair checked baggage size allowance depends on the itinerary and the cabin class. Passengers who have traveled from Ryanair have to go through these general rules:
- The maximum weight of the checked baggage must be under 44 pounds or 20 kilograms.
- The fees for checked baggage are paid per individual on a single-way flight.
- Checked baggage should not surpass the weight above 70.5 pounds or 32 kilograms.
Note: These weight limitations do not adhere to any medical or mobility devices carried inside the flights.
The table below shows how many checked bags a traveler can bring as per Ryanair allowed baggage size:
|Cabin Class Type||Allowed Checked Bags||Maximum Weight|
|Premium Economy||1||50 lbs|
|Business Class||2||70 lbs|
|First Class||3||70 lbs|
Guidelines for Carrying Excess Items on Ryanair
The Ryanair baggage fees are to be paid by customers taking excess items on their flights. The fee for carrying one extra kilogram can be £11. Look below to find out how much excess baggage weight you can bring on traveling with the airline:
|Baggage Type||Maximum Size||Maximum Weight|
|Small Bag||40 x 25 x 20 cm||10 kgs|
|Cabin Bag||55 x 40 x 20 cm||10 kgs|
|Checked-in Bag||81 x 119 x 119 cm||20 kgs|
|Excess Baggage||81 x 119 x 119 cm||32 kgs|
Overweight or Oversized Ryanair Baggage Fees
On carrying items above the restricted size, the airline charges extra overweight fees of £11, under the Ryanair baggage policy. A few basic rules that have to be followed by the passengers bringing oversized or overweight items on board include:
- The oversized items must not exceed 32 kilograms.
- The dimensions of the oversized items must be between 81 x 119 x 119 centimeters.
- The fees of taking oversized items on the flight depend upon the cabin type and routes traveled.
Ryanair Security Rules for Carry-on Baggage Policy
Certain security rules have been set which allow only specific items to be carried as per Ryanair hand-carry baggage allowance. These items are:
- Personal care products
- Coffee maker
- Baby carrier
- Car seat
- Airbrush makeup machine
- Air mattress
- Alcoholic beverages
Ryanair approves liquid items inside the flights but with these guidelines in place:
- You can put a quart-sized container of liquids, sprays, gels, lotions, and pastes as described in Ryanair hand-carry baggage allowance.
- Containers weighing less than 3.4 ounces or 100 milliliters per item are permitted.
- To make the screening procedure easier, pack all of these goods in a tiny bag in your carry-on luggage.
- Liquids in containers that are bigger than 3.4 ounces or 100 milliliters should be carried as checked luggage.
Carrying Infants with Ryanair
Concerning Ryanair’ baggage policy for infants, there are definite rules for passengers carrying their babies. These rules are as mentioned below:
- Infants must be attended by an adult who is at least 16 years old while flying with Ryanair.
- Ryanair does not allow infants under the age of seven days to fly.
- While making the first reservation, infants might be included in the reservation.
- Infants below the age of two can fly cost-free as lap infants.
- There is no luggage allowance for an infant flying in a lap.
- When an infant is two years old just before a flight, a ticket with the relevant fare, taxes, and fees is required.
Ryanair Baggage Policy for Pets
Traveling with pets inside the cabin is not allowed inside Ryanair except for several regulations for tiny dogs and cats. For carrying small pets these guidelines are:
- Pets must be transported in a suitable pet carrier.
- Your pet carrier is considered cabin luggage on Ryanair.
- In the carrier, the pet should be able to securely lie down, stand, and turn around.
- The carrier should not exceed the weight restrictions as imposed by Ryanair Economy Class baggage allowance.
Sports/Music Equipment Approved under Ryanair Baggage Policy
The below-permitted sports and musical instruments have been certified to bring by Ryanair:
- Archery equipment,
- Boogie or kneeboard
- Baseball/softball equipment
- Bowling bag
- Golf bag
- Fishing tackle box and fishing rod
- Scuba equipment
- Water ski equipment
Prohibited Items on Ryanair
These items have not been approved as per Ryanair hand baggage allowance changes:
- Lithium batteries
- Alcohol beverages (containing more than 70 percent alcohol)
- Plasma lighters
- Cooking spray
- Flammable items
Flyers who traveled from across the world have reviewed this airline’s services. Reading these Ryanair Airline reviews can help you make your future trips better. Tap on this post to read them now.
Frequently Asked Questions for Ryanair Baggage Policy
According to the Ryanair luggage restrictions, it charges anywhere between £40- £50 for bringing extra luggage. However, for checked luggage, the size should not cross above 50 lbs or 23 kilograms.
As described in the baggage policy of Ryanair, for Economy passengers only a single bag of 23 kilograms has been permitted. For Business Class travelers, two bags each weighing 23 kilograms have been approved. First Class flyers can travel with three bags of 23 kilograms each.
The baggage policy of Ryanair changed in November 2020, allowing basic customers to bring only one piece of hand luggage on board. This complimentary cabin bag should be smaller than 40 × 20 × 25 cm in size and fit beneath the seat in front of you.