China Southern Airlines baggage policy has been formed with several guidelines for the safety of its passengers. Based in Guangzhou, China Southern is among the largest airlines in the world. It transports approximately 150 million passengers yearly. The baggage policy of this air carrier is established to avoid any trouble for its customers traveling with it.
China Southern Airlines Baggage Allowance for Checked Luggage
China Southern Airlines has developed a transparent policy for baggage to be abided by. The rules for passengers, with regards to China Southern Airlines check-in baggage allowance, are:
- The amount of complimentary checked luggage on all China Southern Airlines flights is estimated by the luggage’s weight as well as size. It also varies on the trip itinerary and the cabin class.
- Passengers flying with First-Class can weigh three bags of 32 kilograms each for global and domestic travel across America, Japan, Oceania, Dubai, and Russia.
- Business and Economy class passengers can check in two items weighing 32 kg and 23 kg each.
- Every piece’s greatest dimension must not exceed 158 centimeters.
According to the China Southern Airlines baggage policy, baggage allowed as per the routes and the maximum weight is shown below:
|Route/Zone||Economy Class||Premium Economy Class||Business Class||First-Class||Maximum Size|
|Zone 1||46 kg||46 kg||64 kg||96 kg||62 inches|
|Zone 2||32 kg||32 kg||64 kg||96 kg||62 inches|
|Zone 3||23 kg||46 kg||64 kg||96 kg||62 inches|
|Zone 4||23 kg||32 kg||64 kg||96 kg||62 inches|
Guidelines for Excess Baggage of China Southern Airlines
Excess luggage costs are arrived at by the itinerary of travel and cabin class in China Southern Airlines. Excess luggage is charged at 1.5% of each economy class ticket cost per kilogram. China Southern Airlines extra baggage fees must be paid in CNY or an equivalent currency, depending on the departing city. When there is no price for a direct trip, the rate is computed by putting the individual flight parts together.
Look at the table to know what charges are applied on carrying excess bags at China Southern Airlines:
|Number of Bags||Maximum Weight||Maximum Dimensions||Fees|
|First bag||50 pounds||62 inches||$158|
|Second bag||50 pounds||62 inches||$187|
|Third bag||50 pounds||62 inches||$288|
Overweight or Oversized China Southern Airlines Baggage Fees
When any passenger carries an overweight or oversized item, concerning the China Southern Airlines baggage policy, some extra fees will be charged. Read the table below to learn the additional fees charged on bringing overweight items.
|Zone 1||118 inches||$155/135 EUR|
|Zone 2||118 inches||$155/135 EUR|
|Zone 3||118 inches||$155/135 EUR|
China Southern Airlines Security Rules for Carry-on Baggage Policy
China Southern Airlines carry-on baggage allowance has built security rules for carrying certain items on flights. The list of these items are as follows:
- Baby food
- Baby baskets
- Folding wheelchair
China Southern Airlines also possesses some liquid restrictions for its travelers. These restrictions, as seen in China Southern Airlines baggage allowance in 2017, are given below:
- When you are bringing liquid items, you should store them in quarter-sized containers.
- It should be noted that the liquid does not cross the limit of 100-ounces.
- To pass the security restrictions, these liquid items must be packed in tight and see-through bags.
Carrying Infants with China Southern Airlines
Keeping China Southern Airlines baggage policy in mind, listed below are some guidelines for passengers carrying infants inside flights:
- Infants that travel on their parents’ laps do not need to sit on a seat and are entitled to an infant price.
- For infants more than 1, a seat will be required. Therefore, an infant ticket will need to be bought.
- When flying with infants, remember to include documentation that can prove their age.
- In addition to the free carry-on limit, an adult traveling with one infant can only take one folding stroller, baby cot, or car seat.
China Southern Baggage Policy for Pets
Following certain guidelines as per the baggage policy of China Southern Airlines for pets, these rules should be abided by:
- Pets may not be expected to travel with their owners in the cabin.
- Cats, dogs, etc., are allowed to fly as checked luggage in the cargo hold, provided that their weight does not exceed 99 pounds.
- Each carrier can accommodate two pets weighing lower than 30 pounds.
- Pets weighing greater than 30 pounds should be taken in a separate carrier.
- Carriers for pets traveling as checked luggage must be sturdy, leak-proof, and escape-proof.
Sporting and Music Equipment Allowed in China Southern Airlines
Passengers can bring certain sporting and music equipment with reference to China Southern Airlines baggage fees policy. The list of the equipment includes:
- Surfing equipment
- Golf equipment
- Fishing equipment
- Ski gear
- Bowling equipment
- Archery equipment
- Paragliding equipment
- Wakeboarding equipment
- Scuba Diving equipment
Prohibited Items on China Southern Airlines
China Southern Airlines baggage policy has some rules which do not allow specific items to be carried inside the aircraft. These restricted items are as listed underneath:
- Dangerous goods
- Toxic and non-toxic gases
- Combustible materials
- Organic peroxides
- Corrosive materials
- Lithium battery
- Odorous items
- Radioactive materials
Passengers have also revealed their opinions about traveling with China Southern Airlines. To read the China Southern Airlines reviews, reading this post can be of great help.
Frequently Asked Questions for China Southern Airlines Baggage Policy
China Southern Airlines check-in baggage allowance permits carrying two bags weighing 23 kilograms each for Economy class passengers. For visitors traveling in Business class, bringing two luggage bags of 64 kilograms in total are allowed. First-Class flyers may take up to three bags of 32 kilograms each.
Customers of China Southern Airlines can bring up to three bags as excess baggage. Following the guidelines of China Southern Airlines extra baggage allowance, for the first bag, the charge would be $158. On carrying the second luggage bag, the charge would be increased to $187, and on the third bag, it would be $288.
Concerning China Southern Airlines baggage policy, when the code “2 PC” appears on your airline ticket, you may bring two pieces of luggage weighing up to 23 kilograms each. Likewise, if the code “1 PC” appears on your airline ticket, you are allowed to bring 1 piece of luggage weighing a maximum of 23 kg.