Facilitated for passengers, the China Eastern Airlines baggage policy has been made for a smooth boarding experience. Situated in Shanghai, it has set some specific rules for carrying baggage inside the cabins. The passengers traveling from this airline ought to follow the rules mentioned in the guidelines to maintain the smoothness of the experience.
China Eastern Air Baggage Allowance for Checked Luggage
China Eastern Airlines has developed some guidelines for bringing on its checked luggage. These rules concerning China Eastern Airlines check-in baggage allowance are:
- Every piece of checked luggage has a weight restriction set by China Eastern Airlines. It must not weigh over 32 kilograms for international flights.
- There is also a restriction on the size of this baggage. As a result, your luggage’s total length, breadth, and height have to be lower than 203 centimeters.
- You will be charged a fee if you exceed any limits, as per the China Eastern Airlines baggage policy.
Look at the table below to find the check-in prices as per the weight limits.
|Cabin Class||Check-in Weight Limit|
|First Class||40 kg|
|Business Class||30 kg|
|Super Economy and Economy Class||20 kg|
Guidelines For Excess Baggage of China Eastern Baggage Policy
When the quantity, size, and capacity of your luggage surpasses the free checked baggage limit, you will be paid extra fees related to the amount of the appropriate rate. On internal routes, the cost for overweight luggage is determined per kilogram, as defined in China Eastern baggage allowance in Asia. It is computed as 1.5 percent of the cost of a one-way individual direct airline ticket in Economy Class.
The below-mentioned table presents the excess baggage fees according to the cabin class of China Eastern Airlines:
|Class||Number of Pieces||Weight Restrictions||Size Dimensions||Fees|
|First-Class||3||32 kg||62 inches||CNY 1000/USD 365|
|Business Class||2||32 kg||62 inches||CNY 1000/USD 365|
|Premium Economy Class||2||32 kg||62 inches||CNY 1000/USD 365|
|Economy Class||2||32 kg||62 inches||CNY 1000/USD 365|
Overweight or Oversized China Eastern Airlines Baggage Fees
If a customer is carrying overweight or large items, then China Eastern overweight baggage fees will be imposed. The extra fees for carrying overweight items are listed in the table below:
|23-32 kg||CNY 1000|
|More than 32 kg||CNY 2700|
|More than 45 kg||CNY 4000|
China Eastern Airlines Security Rules for Carry-on Baggage Policy
The security requirements for carrying certain items on flights have been formed according to the China Eastern carry-on baggage allowance. The following is a list of these items:
- Baby food
- Makeup essentials
- Folding chair
- Baby chair
- Safety pins
- Bobby pins
Passengers on China Eastern Airlines are likewise subject to various liquid limitations. These limits, as reflected in the China Eastern Air International baggage allowance, are:
- Liquids should be stored in fraction-sized containers upon bringing.
- Liquids should not exceed a 100-ounce limitation.
- Liquid products must be packaged in tight clear pouches to pass the TSA-check requirements.
Carrying Infants with China Eastern Airlines
Some general rules have been determined for passengers carrying infants with them on China Eastern. Especially, Economy Class travelers must take note of these guidelines imposed by the airline. Pertaining to China Eastern Airlines baggage allowance for Economy passengers, the rules are:
- Each adult traveler can only carry two infants unless additional provisions are made.
- Infants are not permitted to sit on their own seats. Whenever two babies travel together, the additional infant will require an infant ticket and sit on one of the seats.
- Travelers can also carry their own newborn cradles and utilize them.
- Infant safety belts must be worn while traveling with China Eastern Airlines.
China Eastern Baggage Policy for Pets
Following specific rules established by China Eastern Airlines baggage policy, travelers flying with their pets should know that:
- Pets are not permitted in the cabins of any China Eastern Airlines aircraft.
- A handful of China Eastern flights permit small cats, dogs, and other domestic birds as carry-on luggage.
- The pet and carrier’s total weight must not surpass 70 pounds.
- Excess baggage fees for animals may range from $165 to 440 dollars, depending on the size and weight of the pet and kennel.
- Pet carriers must be leak-proof and escape-proof.
Sporting and Music Equipment Allowed in China Eastern Airlines
In accordance with China Eastern Air baggage allowance, passengers may bring athletic and musical equipment. The following is a list of the sports and music equipment that can be taken:
- Golf equipment
- Fishing equipment
- Angular equipment
- Paragliding equipment
- Wakeboarding equipment
- Hockey/Lacrosse equipment
- Bowling equipment
- Sporting Firearms
Prohibited Items on China Eastern Airlines
China Eastern Airlines baggage policy includes various restrictions that prevent certain products from being transported onboard. The following are the goods that are prohibited:
- Dangerous goods
- Spontaneous combustible substance
- Flammable liquids and gases
- Toxic and infectious substances
- Corrosive substances
- Radioactive substances
- Lawfully prohibited items
- Military or police instruments
- Electronic products or communication equipment
- Perishable goods with an unpleasant odor
- Oxidizer and organic peroxide
- Flammable solids
- Other dangerous goods
- Controlled knives
- Li-ion batteries
China Eastern Airline reviews can also be read by those who wish to initiate their travel plans with it. To read these reviews given by its customers, see this post.
Frequently Asked Questions for China Eastern Airlines Baggage Policy
As per the baggage policy of China Eastern Airlines, carrying luggage depends on the cabin class type. Passengers traveling in Economy Class are subject to carry 20 kg per bag. Business-Class flyers may take up to 30 kg of weight luggage. For First-Class travelers, a 40 kilograms weight limit has been approved by the airline.
You may carry as many 3 ounce containers on China Eastern. However, they must all fit into a quart-size backpack. Liquid containers weighing less than 3.4 ounces are permitted under the China Eastern Air baggage policy.
Yes, you can take up to two check-in bags maintaining the policy for China Eastern Airlines check-in baggage allowance. However, it must be taken into consideration that these two bags must not exceed the weight limit of 23 kilograms per luggage. If it surpasses this weight limit, then you would have to pay additional baggage fees depending on how much extra weight you have taken.