Monterrey International Airport, officially General Mariano Escobedo International Airport, is an international airport located in Apodaca, Nuevo León, Mexico. It is the fifth busiest airport in Mexico and the 12th busiest in Latin America.
The airport was opened in 1929 and was originally named Del Norte International Airport. The name was changed to General Mariano Escobedo International Airport in 1949 in honor of Mexican General Mariano Escobedo. The airport was expanded in the 1960s and 1970s to accommodate the growing number of passengers. In the 1990s, the airport was privatized and a new terminal was built. The airport was further expanded in the 2000s and 2010s.
General Information about Monterrey Airport
The following table is an overview of MTY Airport indicated below:
|Airport||Monterrey International Airport|
|Operator/Owner||Grupo Aeroportuario Centro Norte|
|Serves||Monterrey Metropolitan Area|
|Hub for||Aeroméxico, Aerus, Magnicharters, Viva Aerobus|
|Monterrey Airport Code||MTY|
|Monterrey Airport Terminals||3|
|MTY Airport Runway||2|
|MTY Airport Coordinates||25°46′42″N 100°06′23″W|
|Monterrey Airport Address||Carr. Miguel Alemán Km 24, 66600 Cdad. Apodaca, N.L., Mexico|
|Contact Number||+52 81 8288 7700|
|Elevation||1,280 ft / 390 m|
Monterrey Airport Code
Monterrey Airport code is MTY. This three-letter IATA code is based on the name of the airport Monterrey.
|WORLD AREA CODE||+1|
|IATA METROPOLITAN CODE||MTY|
Monterrey Airport Map
The Monterrey Airport location Map is a useful tool for finding your way around the airport, and for planning your journey.
Monterrey International Airport Runway
Monterrey Airport features a two state-of-the-art runways:
|Name||Length (mtr)||Length (ft)||Surface|
Monterrey Airport Terminal
Monterrey International Airport has three passenger terminals: Terminal A, Terminal B, and Terminal C.
- Terminal A: This is the oldest terminal at the airport and serves both domestic and international flights. It is the busiest terminal at the airport.
- Terminal B: This terminal was opened in 2010 and serves domestic and international flights. It is home to all SkyTeam member airlines.
- Terminal C: This terminal is the smallest of the three and serves mainly domestic flights. It is also used for some charter flights.
Nearest Airports to Monterrey International Airport (MTY)
Some of the closest airports to MTY Airport are:
- General Mariano Escobedo International Airport – 37 km
- Plan de Guadalupe International Airport – 69 km
- Quetzalcóatl International Airport – 224 km
- General Lucio Blanco International Airport – 227 km
- McAllen-Miller International Airport – 237 km
- Laredo International Airport – 243 km
- Francisco Sarabia International Airport – 340 km
Airlines Operating from Monterrey Airport
The following airlines operate from Monterrey Airport: