Scandinavian Airlines, commonly known as SAS, provides several check-in options to fulfill diverse needs. You can choose as per your preference from online check-in options via the website or mobile app. On the other hand, you can check in through the kiosks and SAS check-in counters at the airport. However, it’s important to note that the availability of these check-in methods can vary based on your departure location. Additionally, you are required to follow the check-in guidelines and timelines mentioned in the SAS Airlines check-in policy. In this article, you will learn about the steps, rules, and essential travel documents required to complete the check-in process for SAS Airlines.
What is the SAS Airlines Check-in Policy?
The SAS Airlines check-in policy is designed to simplify the boarding process for all passengers by offering various check-in options including online, via the SAS App, self-service kiosks, and airport counters. It outlines specific timings, required travel documents, and guidelines to ensure a smooth check-in experience.
Rules and Regulations
You will have to follow the guidelines given by the airline to easily check in with SAS. The following check-in rules are applicable for both domestic and international flights with Scandinavian Airlines.
- You need to have a valid reservation ticket with SAS to check in for your Flight.
- Irrespective of the route, travel class, or airport, you always have to check in for SAS to board your flight.
- All the check-in options for SAS Airlines may not be available for each airport,
- If you are flying with baggage, luggage tags need to be obtained while check-in for SAS.
- You can select your seat while checking in for your flight with SAS Airlines.
- As per the policy, you need to follow the specific SAS check-in times. It is suggested to check in for SAS Airlines 1 hour before for domestic flights and 2 hours before for international flights.
NOTE: You should be aware of the SAS cancellation policy before check-in to avoid any kind of inconvenience.
Details and Documents
To successfully complete the check-in process for SAS Airlines, you must have certain essential details and travel documents at hand. Here is a list of the necessary information and documents required for check-in:
- Booking Reference
- Last Name
- Passport details
- Identity Proof
- Health Certificate in special cases
- Flight Ticket
- Visa documents during international travel
SAS International Flight Check-In
The check-in rules for SAS Airlines are generally consistent across both domestic and international flights. However, for international flights, you are advised to check in at least 3 hours prior to the scheduled departure time, earlier than for domestic flights. It’s also recommended to verify location-specific check-in times via its official website. Furthermore, when flying internationally with SAS Airlines, ensure you have your visa documents ready for check-in.
How to check in with SAS Airlines?
There are several check-in methods available to check in with SAS Airlines. You can opt for SAS internet check-in via the website or mobile app if you’re looking for convenience and don’t have checked luggage. Online check-in for SAS is also ideal when you are located at a long distance from the airport. Besides, if you have checked baggage or require assistance, you should check in at the airport.
Each of the check-in methods for SAS Airlines is discussed below along with the steps involved in the process.
Method 1: Web Check-in
To proceed with online check-in with SAS Airlines, you can use the official website of this carrier. You can take advantage of early check-in by using the website for the same.
You can follow the given steps for the SAS Airlines web check-in method:
- Visit the official website of Scandinavian Airlines.
- Select your region or country.
- Click on the “Check In” option given on the upper panel of the Homepage.
- Now, enter your “Booking Reference” and “Last Name”.
- Continue by tapping on the “Search” button.
- You will now see your booking.
- Select seats if available.
- Complete the check-in process and get your digital boarding pass.
- Find the remaining details attached to your confirmation mail.
Method 2: Check-in via the Mobile App
If you frequently fly with SAS, you can download the airline’s mobile app to check in online with SAS Airlines. Additionally, you can use this app to manage your bookings.
You can follow the below steps to check-in using the SAS mobile app:
- Download the SAS App from the App Store or Google Play on your preferred device.
- Sign up if you do not have an account or log in if you have an account.
- Find the check-in page following the app directions.
- Provide the booking details and personal information when asked.
- Now go ahead with the check-in process.
- Download the boarding pass that is made available after completing check-in.
- You will receive a confirmation mail with the flight details.
Method 3: At Airport check-in counters
If you prefer to check in at the airport directly, make sure to arrive at the airport 2-3 hours before to have enough time to clear security and drop off your bags.
You must follow the given procedure to check in with SAS at the airport counter:
- First, go to your designated SAS departure terminal.
- Find the SAS Airline check-in counter.
- Meet with the agents and submit all the required details.
- If your bags meet the weight limits, you can drop them off at the counter.
- After you are checked in, the agents will hand you the boarding pass.
- You can now carry this pass to your boarding gate.
Method 4: Use Self Service Kiosks
If you want to avoid the waiting lines and do not require help, you can check in with Scandinavian Airlines using the self-service kiosks at the airport. These Kiosks are usually available at the SAS departure terminal at the airport.
Follow the given steps to check in with SAS using the kiosks:
- Check for the available kiosk.
- Select your airline and enter your flight details.
- Go through your booking and follow the on-screen instructions to proceed.
- Deposit your bags, if any, and get the tags.
- Select seats before you head for final check-in.
- After checking in, print out your boarding pass.
What are the check-in times of SAS Airlines?
As per the SAS Airlines check-in policy, you are advised to check in at least 1 hour before the scheduled departure to avoid any inconvenience. This timeline provides you enough time to complete other procedures before your flight.
The specific check-in times for Scandinavian Airlines are as follows:
- Online check-in for SAS Airlines opens 30 hours before the scheduled departure time and is available until 1 hour before the departure.
- Airport check-in for flights within Scandinavia and Finland begins 3 to 4 hours before scheduled departure.
- The deadline for check-in and baggage drop is 40 minutes before departure for domestic flights, and 45 minutes before flights from/within Finland.
- If you are flying to and from Asia, the USA, and Canada in SAS Business or SAS Plus, you must complete check-in 60 minutes before departure. While for SAS Go, you have to check in 90 minutes before the departure.
- For flights to and from Africa, you must check in at least 60 minutes before the scheduled departure.
NOTE: Regardless of the destination, the airline suggested that you must check-in for SAS Airlines at least 3 hours before the scheduled departure of international flights.
How to obtain a boarding pass for SAS Airlines?
Irrespective of the method you choose to check in for SAS, you will easily receive your boarding pass at the end. When you complete the check-in process online, you’ll be prompted to download your boarding pass. This can be saved to your mobile device or printed out, according to your preference.
Additionally, if you choose to check in at the airport using either the check-in counters or self-service kiosks, you will receive a SAS boarding pass in printed form directly after the check-in process. It’s important to have your boarding pass, whether in digital form on your device or as a printed copy, accessible before you proceed to airport security and your departure gate.
The SAS check-in policy provides an easy and simple check-in procedure through various methods. You can opt for any check-in option that is suitable for your travel needs. However, you must follow the guidelines and check-in times for a smooth process.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to check in with Scandinavian Airlines (SAS)?
You can check in for your SAS flight through the website or the mobile app by just entering the booking reference and last name. Besides, you can also check in with SAS Airlines at airport counters, or via self-service kiosks.
When can I check-in for my flight with SAS?
Online check-in for SAS Airlines opens 30 hours and closes 60 minutes before scheduled departure. For airport check-in with SAS, you must arrive at the airport 2 to 3 hours before the departure time.
How to check in online for SAS?
To check-in online, visit the SAS website, click on “Check In,” and enter your booking reference and last name. After this, you can select your seat and receive your digital boarding pass. You can also use the SAS mobile app for online check-in.
Can I check in at the airport counter with SAS?
Yes, you can check in with SAS at the airport counter but make sure to arrive at the airport 2-3 hours before the departure for baggage drop and security procedures.
What is the check-in time for international flights of SAS?
For international flights, you must check in for SAS Airlines at least 60 minutes before the scheduled departure.
How do I get my boarding pass with SAS?
After completing the check-in process, you can download your boarding pass through the SAS website or app, or you can choose to print it at an airport kiosk or counter.