Qatar Airways baggage policy is a set of rules that describes the items to be carried while meeting certain conditions at the same time. Since the baggage policy is established on the basis of the weight concept, this airline may charge you for bringing excess baggage. Hence, it becomes necessary to carefully carry your luggage before traveling with Qatar.
Qatar Airways Baggage Allowance for Checked Luggage
Following the Qatar Airways baggage allowance policy, described below are some guidelines:
- The maximum size dimensions of the luggage must not exceed 62 linear inches.
- There is no restriction to the number of baggage you can check in which the weight concept applies.
- The total weight limit of items carried should not be crossed.
- The total weight restriction for taking checked luggage must be under 32 kilograms or 70 lbs.
The weight limit on bringing checked luggage along with routes has been explained below.
|Route/Destination||First Class||Business Class||Economy Class|
|Doha, Marrakesh, and Casablanca||132 pounds||132 pounds||99 pounds|
|Africa||143 pounds||143 pounds||99 pounds|
|Other Destinations||110 pounds||88 pounds||66 pounds|
Guidelines for Carrying Excess Items of Qatar Airways Baggage Policy
Upon carrying excess items on the flight, you will have to pay Qatar Airways extra baggage fees. The fees for carrying additional bags at different routes are as stated below:
|From/To||Africa||Europe||Far East||Australia, New Zealand, Japan, South Korea||The Middle East, Indian Sub-continent|
|Africa||USD 35/USD 45||USD 40/USD 50||USD 40/USD 50||USD 55/ USD 70||USD 25, USD 30|
|Europe||USD 40/USD 50||USD 40/USD 50||USD 40/USD 50||USD 55/ USD 70||USD 25, USD 30|
|Far East||USD 40/USD 50||USD 40/USD 50||USD 40/USD 50||USD 55/ USD 70||USD 25, USD 30|
|Australia, New Zealand, Japan, South Korea||USD 55/USD 70||USD 55/USD 70||USD 55/USD 70||USD 55/ USD 70||USD 40/USD 50|
|The Middle East, Indian sub-continent||USD 25, USD 30||USD 25, USD 30||USD 40/USD 50||USD 40/USD 50||USD 12/USD 15|
|Qatar||80 QAR/100 QAR||80 QAR/100 QAR||80 QAR/100 QAR||140 QAR/180 QAR||40 QAR/50 QAR|
Overweight or Oversized Qatar Airways Baggage Fees
Qatar Airways baggage allowance 2020 policy includes the fees for overweight luggage. When you have additional bags than allowed, or if your luggage exceeds the weight constraints, then you will be charged extra fees.
The below-shown table shows the costs applied for overweight or oversized items:
|At the Airport||65 USD|
|At the Airport||65 USD|
Qatar Airways Security Rules for Carry-on Baggage Policy
Qatar Airways baggage policy has security guidelines concerning the items. These guidelines contain which things are accepted by the airline to pass the security checkpoint. The list of these items is as follows:
- Makeup products
- Amenity kit with toothbrush and other essential items
- Alcoholic beverages
- Baby seat
- Baby food
- Bottled water
- Safety pins
Qatar Airways carry-on baggage policy has liquid restraints as described below:
- Only liquids with a volume of fewer than 100 milliliters are permitted onboard.
- Duty-free, certain medications, and infant milk have certain exceptions inside the Qatar flights.
- All of the containers must be placed in a plastic bag with a zip closure.
- The maximum capacity of containers is one liter.
Carrying Infants with Qatar Airways
Qatar Airways baggage policy instructs travelers to follow a few basic rules while flying with their infants. The rules for carrying infants are mentioned below:
- Infants must be at least 8 days old to fly inside Qatar Airways flights.
- The infant must be accompanied by a parent or a guardian of at least 18 years in a similar cabin.
- With the buying of an infant ticket, he/she may occupy a seat with an adult.
- When you want to utilize a child restraint device or a car seat, you will also need to buy a child fare ticket.
- If you are the sole adult flying with two newborns, then you must buy a child-price ticket for one of them.
Qatar Airways Baggage Policy for Pets
For carrying pets, a different set of rules is applied by Qatar Airways. These rules are:
- The number of pets that can be loaded in the cargo hold of a Qatar Airways flight is unlimited.
- One falcon can be carried in the Economy Class cabin on a Qatar Airways flight.
- No pets may be allowed in the cabin.
- Some pets are allowed to travel as checked baggage on Qatar Airways.
- Pets must travel individually as cargo and will not be considered as extra baggage.
Sporting and Music Equipment Accepted in Qatar Airways
Travelers can bring limited sports and music items under the Qatar Airways Business Class baggage allowance policy. Listed below are certain equipment that is approved by this airline:
- Windsurfing equipment
- Fishing equipment
- Golf equipment
- Trekking equipment
- Diving equipment
- Golf clubs
- Shooting equipment
- Hand gliders
- Tennis balls
Prohibited Items on Qatar Airways
Stated here are the items not approved for carrying according to the Qatar Airways baggage allowance policy:
- Radioactive material
- Organic peroxides
- Stun guns
- Sharp and pointed objects
- Blunt objects
- Worker tools
- Lithium-ion batteries
Many travelers have chosen Qatar Airways for planning their trips. To make your journey easier too, tap on this post to read the Qatar Airways reviews now.
Frequently Asked Questions for Qatar Airways baggage policy
You can only check up to two bags as per the Qatar Airways cabin baggage policy. The weight should not surpass 23 kilograms or 50 lbs for one bag.
Log in on the Qatar Airways website and go to “Manage Booking” to acquire extra baggage. Then select “Purchase Excess Luggage” to buy excess baggage. Please be aware that when you purchase extra luggage, Qatar Airways extra baggage fees will be applied to your total fare.