The Air Tahiti cancellation policy is a feature that enables easy reversals. Within or after a point of your purchase, it guides you to discontinue trips. Its rules help you not only with reversals but refunds and compensations as well. To learn about the associated fees too, you should be familiar with it.
- Air Tahiti Flight Cancellation Rules
- Restrictions of the Policy
- Air Tahiti Cancellation Policy for No-Shows
- Air Tahiti Cancellation of Flight Online
- Air Tahiti Cancellation Fees
- Air Tahiti Refund Policy
- When are Tickets Valid/Unused for Refunds?
- Fees for Air Tahiti Refunds
- Obtaining Air Tahiti Refunds without Fees
- Mode of Receiving Refunds
- Involuntary Types of Refunds
- Voluntary Types of Refunds
- Stolen and Lost Tickets Refunds
- Grounds for Rejecting Refund Requests
- Limitations of Refund Policy
- Air Tahiti Cancellation Policy for Multi-islands Pass
- Air Tahiti Cancelled Flights Policy
- Air Tahiti Flight Cancellation Compensation
- Internal Issues
- External Issues
- Other Aid
- Reimbursement in the Form of Extensions
- Denied Air Tahiti Cancelled Flight Compensation
- Air Tahiti Cancellation Policy for Unaccompanied Children
- Help Regarding Cancellation Queries
Air Tahiti Flight Cancellation Rules
The main rules of the policy include the following:
- You can use this facility even when your ticket is unpaid.
- Fliers can buy discounted tickets. They can be fully/partially non-refundable.
- Depending on the fare bought, it may or may not allow reversals/compensations.
Restrictions of the Policy
The Air Tahiti flight cancellation policy may not provide help when the booking has been made via:
- A travel agent not belonging to the airline
- Third-party companies
Air Tahiti Cancellation Policy for No-Shows
Usually, fliers are requested to revoke their bookings in advance. When they take no action and also don’t show up for checking in, they are listed as no-show fliers.
- The airline will apply a no-show cost when they seek refunds.
- Onward/returns trips will be revoked.
Air Tahiti Cancellation of Flight Online
The Air Tahiti cancellation policy is reliable for online aid. Here is how you can use the site to undo a ticket:
- Run the website of this carrier.
- Look for the dropdown “Book and Manage”.
- Then tap on “Manage”.
- Insert the following:
- “Family Name”
- “Booking/Ticket Number”
- “Form of Identification”
- You can press “Search”.
- After this, you have to find “Manage Booking”.
- From this dropdown, you can choose “Cancel and Refund”.
- The request for a refund will be automatically made for online bookings.
- To proceed, select “Confirm Refund”.
In case any instructions appear, follow them to complete this process.
Air Tahiti Cancellation Fees
You will be asked to pay a fee when a duration of forty-eight hours is not left before your flight’s departure. Otherwise, the carrier will make the seat available for any other flier.
To confirm the Air Tahiti cancellation charges, it will be suggested to contact this operator.
Cancel Air Tahiti Flights for Free
In 2 instances, the Air Tahiti cancellation fees are waived:
- When you have not made the payment for a flight, you can revoke it for free.
- On buying trips as per these dates, no fee applies:
- 1st November 2021 – 3rd March 2022
- 1st November 2022 – 30th June 2022
Note: In the case of the above-mentioned dates, canceling tickets amidst COVID-19 is also possible.
Air Tahiti Refund Policy
For paid bookings, the refund policy puts forth the following rules:
- To cancel a trip and get a refund, there should be 48 hours left prior to departure.
- Your ticket should be unused.
- It should also be valid.
- The fare rules associated with your ticket should allow Air Tahiti refunds.
- A passenger’s name and the following should match:
- The name written on the ticket
- Or, the name of the person who made the payment
Tip: In case your information is incorrect on the airline’s document, use the name change policy.
- Tickets bought online should not undergo any changes to qualify for this benefit.
- For online purchases, the refund process is automated.
- The name on the ticket should be the same as that of the person who needs a refund.
- Or, the individual who submitted the ticket’s cost should have the same name.
- The proof will be needed to prove the name.
- On losing a ticket, kindly submit one of these to get your money:
- “Passenger Coupon”
- “Passenger Receipt”
- Every refund is subject to a fee.
When are Tickets Valid/Unused for Refunds?
A ticket is considered open/unused when:
- 1 year is left from the departure date.
- Or, 1 year is left from the point of issuance.
Fees for Air Tahiti Refunds
In certain cases, this air operator can ask for fees while you make a request for a refund.
|Request Duration||Class Z||Class Y||Class S|
|Placed greater than 72 hours prior to departure||None||50 € for a child60 € for an adult||75 € per child100 € per adult|
|Made less than seventy-two hours before departing||50 percent of the sum||50 percent of the sum||50 percent of the sum|
Obtaining Air Tahiti Refunds without Fees
Assuming that a refund is sought for a baby, the airline will not ask for a fee. This also applies to travelers who are less than 2 years of age.
Mode of Receiving Refunds
Air Tahiti flight cancellation refunds are available in mainly 2 forms.
- You can receive them in cash when you have paid for your purchases in the same way.
- They are given on credit cards when this was the preferred payment mode.
Credit card and cheque-based refunds are credited 48 hours post making the requests.
Involuntary Types of Refunds
In synchronization with the Air Tahiti refund policy, involuntary benefits are available in the following circumstances:
- Flights revoked by the carrier
- Not conducting a trip as per the schedule
- Stopover-related issues
- Causes passengers to not board their transit flights
During these, the benefits given below are available when Air Tahiti cancels a trip:
|Ticket’s Condition||Involuntary Benefit|
|For completely unused fares||The sum equivalent to amount submitted on the “Carrier Network”|
|For partially used tickets||Difference in fares between the ticket and transport affected|
Voluntary Types of Refunds
There can be certain reasons that are not included in the involuntary Air Tahiti refund policy. For these as well, people can seek refunds.
|Ticket’s Term||Voluntary Benefit|
|When a ticket is partially used||Amount equalling the balance between the paid fare and the used ticket’s travel points after subtracting revocation/service costs|
|When your ticket is unused||The sum of the fare you’ve paid after deducting service and reversal charges|
Stolen and Lost Tickets Refunds
The Air Tahiti flight cancellation policy comprises provisions for stolen/lost tickets.
- You will need to prove that the ticket is lost/stolen.
- Once the fare expires, your money will be processed.
Note: Usually, the validity term before expiration is 1 year.
- The ticket should be partially or fully unused.
- No former refunds/replacements should have been made for it.
Grounds for Rejecting Refund Requests
On certain grounds, this operator can reject requests for money back. People cannot receive Air Tahiti refunds when:
- The request is made after the ticket has become invalid or expired.
- The fare is not refundable.
- The ticket is falsified/deceiving.
- A traveler has not made the payment for a trip.
- The booking has been indirectly made.
- Requests for money-back are in different currencies than the payment one.
In the final instance, should the airline decide to process the request, it may do so as per exchange fees.
Limitations of Refund Policy
The Air Tahiti cancellation policy for refunds is limited in these instances:
- This policy cannot assist you in the case of indirect bookings.
- Money is given back in sync with the “General Conditions of Carriage” of Air Tahiti.
Air Tahiti Cancellation Policy for Multi-islands Pass
A Multi-island Pass lets you do more than fly to one place. Under this, you can purchase the Pass or Extension tickets. But once the airline issues these tickets and fliers provide the payments, canceling or refunding them is disallowed.
Assistance for Unpaid Multi-island Pass Fares
When this airline neither issues it nor gets the payment for a Pass/Extension trip, you can get some assistance. To avail of it, under the Air Tahiti cancellation facility, you can utilize the instructions as follows:
- Find the official page for “Air Tahiti Multi-islands Pass”.
- Scroll down this page.
- Navigate to the following section:
- “Terms and Conditions for the Modification, Cancellation and Refund of all Pass and Extension Fares”
- Select “Click Here” given in this section.
- Wait until the page for assistance opens.
- Choose “Yes” or “No” under “Is it a Reminder Request?”.
- Tap on “Next”.
- Soon, you will be connected to one agent.
- You can share your request for flight revocation/refund with him or her.
Air Tahiti Cancelled Flights Policy
When the ticketing time limit is crossed and no payment is received, the carrier can revoke your flight. In this instance, the canceled flight policy is active. This enables the airline to discontinue trips.
It can also happen in these instances:
- Not complying with the rules of this airline
- Check-in not being done on time
- Not following the baggage policy or other such frameworks
Revoked Prior to Departure
The carrier may have to undo your trip prior to leaving. It may do so due to its own fault. Then it will also accommodate you. This benefit is further available for those who are not the inhabitants of the region of cancellation.
Transit Points and Air Tahiti Cancellations
Some fliers may look forward to transit flights. But interruptions at the end of the airline may emerge. It will put them on other flights when feasible. Otherwise, it can provide the following options:
- You will be reimbursed and transported to the origin island or Papeete.
- It will give the unused segment’s amount in case you do not continue to fly.
- When you are a non-resident at the location of reversal, it will accommodate you.
Air Tahiti Flight Cancellation Compensation
In general, the carrier will let you make 1 call. You can inform a family member/any other person about the unforeseen situation. The further Air Tahiti compensation will depend on the reason for revocation and departure/arrival location.
When an internal reason compels the carrier to undo a booking, you can get:
- The option to fly on another plane
- Hotel stays/transfers/meals (for non-residents of the location) until you fly
- The option to cancel the trip
Assuming that your trip stands revoked because of an external cause, the airline can:
- Reverse the trip on your behalf
- Provide you with rebooking
- Give meals, accommodation, or transfer options (for non-residents) until the next flight
Aside from these, when a trip is canceled in between or is interrupted, you may be left in a location other than the departure/arrival point. In this case, the carrier can:
- Give the option of rebooking
- Ensure free cancellations
- Help you reach the departure point
- Refund the unused portion as Air Tahiti flight cancellation compensation
- Provide other aid in case you remain at the intermediate location
Note: In some cases, you can get miles too.
During instances of overbooking, this airline can assist you. It can compensate those who have a confirmed ticket available to the public. It should comply with the “General Conditions of Carriage” of Air Tahiti. Timely check-in will also be verified.
- You can receive compensation up to XPF 10,000 or another trip.
- Food is given as the Air Tahiti cancelled flight compensation.
- You may expect accommodation and transport facilities.
In case you miss a connecting/transit trip, contact this carrier’s agents for help.
Reimbursement in the Form of Extensions
During some instances, the carrier can increase the validity of your ticket until you board a new flight. This happens when it:
- Discontinues a destined point
- Revokes your trip
- Cancels the departure stop
- Fails to provide you with the seat you booked
- Doesn’t operate or stop a flight voluntarily due to delays
- Prevents you from getting onto a transit flight
You can get this extension for 30 days in certain cases. Otherwise, ask for a refund.
When a ticket is valid but you are still prevented from flying:
- The carrier can increase its validity for 30 days maximum.
- Or, it can give you a refund as the Air Tahiti flight cancellation compensation.
Denied Air Tahiti Cancelled Flight Compensation
A flier may revoke a flight when he/she will be unable to board it. Then this person can apply for compensation. The carrier can deny the request or reduce the amount when the following are unavailable in a reservation:
- The complete name same as on the passport
- Contact number
- Email address
- Requirements for:
- Additional seats
- Unaccompanied minors
- Contacts/accommodation name based in the departure island
- Links with international or other flights
Aside from the reservation-related details, the compensation can be reduced/revoked when the minimum time to connect is not available.
Air Tahiti Cancellation Policy for Unaccompanied Children
There can be some chances of reversals until flights depart. Parents/guardians should remain near/at the origin airport till the plane leaves. This is suggested for those whose child is flying alone.
But when an unaccompanied minor’s flight is discontinued in between:
- The carrier will connect with his/her guardians/parents.
- You can request a return to the departing point.
Help Regarding Cancellation Queries
Should you have any unresolved concerns after/before you cancel Air Tahiti tickets, it will be useful to get in touch with this airline. You can use the phone number +689 40 86 42 42. Or, the following information should help:
|Social Media Platform||Links|
In all, the Air Tahiti cancellation policy makes it simple to discontinue a trip. Even when the airline itself has to do so, this policy helps you in seeking assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
There may be no policy specifically for reversals within 24 hours.
In some cases, you can ask for refunds even after the departure.
Check the “Book and Manage” section on the website to revoke a flight.
You can get the benefit of a refund when you discontinue a ticket early.
A flier can receive compensation/refund, subject to a few conditions.
Get in touch with this airline to inquire about the status of a refund request.
The airline has a cancellation policy that makes it easy to revoke tickets and request refunds.
When you cancel your trip online, refund requests are shared in the process.
The policy enables you to receive your money back after you undo a ticket.
To confirm the fee, make a connection with this operator.