When choosing to travel by air, you should be well aware of the potential problems that are tied to it. These may include delays or sudden revocations. To provide assistance to the customers in such cases, this carrier has given the Air Serbia cancellation policy. This policy assumes importance when flights are to be revoked, refunded, or rebooked.
- Important Rules of Air Serbia Flight Ticket Cancellation Policy
- 24-Hour Cancellation Policy of the Carrier
- Voucher Eligibility on Air Serbia Airlines
- Canceled Flights Notifications
- Options Available after Canceling Flights
- What can Happen if Air Serbia Cancels My Flight?
- Eligibility of Claiming a Compensation
- Non-Eligibility of Claiming a Compensation
- Compensation in Case of Denied Boarding
- Methods to Revoke Flights on Air Serbia
- Method 1: Online Cancellation via the Official Site
- Method 2: Online through Social Media
- Method 3: Offline Cancellation Procedure
- Cancellation Fee for Air Serbia Tickets
Important Rules of Air Serbia Flight Ticket Cancellation Policy
If you aim to be eligible to make Air Serbia flight ticket cancellation and refund requests, you will have to obey all the conditions given under the policy. By following these regulations, you can easily access all the features given under this revocation policy.
Hence, going through some of the important rules beforehand can be beneficial.
- Only the passengers who have made their reservations using the official sources of the airline will be bound by the rules of this policy.
- The involvement of third-party agencies in the reservation process might alter the implementation of this policy.
- In case the airline revokes your bookings under the circumstances of force majeure, you will have the right to claim compensation.
- A fee may be charged during the process of cancellation.
- The amount of this fee depends on various factors and might get altered.
- Refunds can be availed both in terms of money and in terms of vouchers as well.
- You will be let know at the time of booking if your ticket is eligible for a refund or not.
- The applicability of the 24-hour reversal policy depends on your arrival destination and the flight itinerary.
- Travelers will be permitted to apply for a refund even when they have not revoked their bookings. However, this refund can only be accessed in the form of a voucher.
- Based on the time of your request, you can utilize the different options to revoke your booking.
Note: To know about the latest updates on Air Serbia’s flight ticket cancellation policy, you can visit the official site of this carrier. All the newest information and the changes in the policy will be mentioned on this site.
24-Hour Cancellation Policy of the Carrier
As per the Air Serbia airlines’ 24-hour cancellation policy, passengers who revoke their flights within the first 24 hours of booking will not have to pay any additional charges. This will be applicable when the ticket has been purchased at least 7 days before the official take-off of the flight.
Voucher Eligibility on Air Serbia Airlines
When you reverse your booking on this airline, you will be able to access a refund in the form of a voucher. However, to be eligible to receive this voucher after canceling Air Serbia flight tickets, you will have to meet certain criteria. These may include some basic conditions and certain strict criteria.
- Vouchers will be awarded when the airline cancels your booking as well as when you yourself do it.
- Passengers will be able to transfer their vouchers to other travelers.
- Credit vouchers can be availed in case of group reservations as well.
- Usually, you will be able to avail of your vouchers within 20 days from the date of request.
- Passengers should not send different requests for the same voucher.
- The vouchers will be of the same value as the ticket.
- Any amount of ancillary fee paid during the reservation process will be included in the money-back offer.
- To obtain the benefits of this voucher, you must claim it before the expiry of the validity period.
- In case you wish to use this voucher for booking a new flight whose price is more than that of the original ticket, you will have to pay the difference in fare.
- However, the value of the voucher cannot be converted into cash nor can it be exchanged.
- A separate set of baggage rules apply to the purchases made using these vouchers.
Note: You can make a request to obtain these vouchers by connecting with the airline agents at their sales office.
Canceled Flights Notifications
When the carrier is compelled to discontinue the trips of the flyers due to certain unavoidable circumstances, it follows a standard procedure to notify the customers. Hence, to be informed of these updates regarding Air Serbia’s canceled flights, it is important to be registered on the official site.
- An email, regarding the revoked booking, will be sent to the passenger’s registered address. This will be done well in advance of the flight’s take-off.
- Passengers will also be informed via SMS or text message.
- In emergencies, personal calls will be made to travelers.
- Updates about the flights’ status will be posted on the main site of the carrier as well.
Note: Make sure to provide the correct contact information during the reservation process so that you are easy to reach out to.
On the other hand, you can also contact this carrier for updates. The following numbers should help you in this case:
|Location||Help Center’s Contact Number|
|From the U.S.||+ 1 (718) 7258642|
|Special Aid for U.S. Fliers(Toll-Free)||+1 (888) 3909847|
|From Serbia||0800 111 528|
|For foreign/abroad locations||+381 11 311 2 123|
Options Available after Canceling Flights
Upon the reversal of your ticket, you will be given a few options. This depends on the reason for your cancellation, whether voluntary or mandatory. In case you have chosen to revoke your booking voluntarily, the Air Serbia flight ticket cancellation policy offers the following possibilities:
- Rebooking an alternative flight to the same destination
- Refunds in terms of money
- Refunds in vouchers
In case you had to discontinue your trip because of the airline, the following options can be accessed:
- Monetary refunds
- Refunds as vouchers
- Option to change the travel date for free within 7 days of the cancellation
- Destination change within 7 days without any additional payment
Note: To be able to alter your flight destination for free, you will have to choose a region covered by the Air Serbia network.
Assistance for Refund Queries
When you have any queries in relation to refunds, please use the following phone numbers:
|From the United States||+ 1 (718) 7258642|
|For Special Help in the U.S.||+ 1 (888) 3909847|
|In case abroad||+381 11 311 2 123|
|From Serbia||0800 111 528|
Note: You can also send an email at refunds[dot]us[at]airserbia[dot]com.
What can Happen if Air Serbia Cancels My Flight?
When the airline is unable to accommodate the passengers due to external factors, it has no choice but to reverse the reservations. To avoid the inconvenience caused to the passengers due to such sudden revocations, the Air Serbia flight ticket cancellation compensation policy has been determined.
As per this policy, compensation will only be offered when the flight has been revoked due to a reason that is well within the airline’s control. These might include:
- Technical issues
- Mechanical problems
- Delay of the on-board services
- Problems related to baggage
- Nonavailability of the pilot
In all the above-mentioned cases, the following benefits will be offered to the affected passengers:
You can choose between rerouting or reimbursement.
- In case you go for the reimbursement option, the entire value of the ticket will be refined in the original mode of payment within 7 working days.
- If you have already utilized a part of the ticket, then reimbursements will only be offered on the parts left unused.
- When you wish to go with the rerouting option, the next available flight will be arranged to the same destination.
- You will also be given the option to choose a date convenient to you for the reassigned flight.
- In case the new flight is scheduled to take off from another airport in the same city or town, the airline will cover any transportation charges incurred.
You can avail of complementary and service benefits as follows:
- Depending on the waiting time, you will be offered free meals, snacks, and drinks.
- Two free telephone calls can be made to your friends or family.
- Passengers will be permitted to send fax messages, emails, or telex messages without incurring any additional charges.
- When the rerouted flight is scheduled for a day later than the ordinal date of departure, you can spend the night in free hotel accommodation.
- The Air Serbia canceled flight ticket compensation policy also covers the cost of the transportation charges to and from the hotel.
Monetary compensation can also be requested. This amount varies as follows:
|Flight Distance||Amount (USD)||Amount (Euros)|
|Up to 1500 km||259||250|
|1500 km to 3500 km||414||400|
|Beyond 3500 km||621||600|
- Your compensation will be reduced by 50% when the airline is ready to provide a standby flight to the same destination.
- When the time of take-off of the alternative flight does not exceed the time of take-off of the original flight by two hours on flights less than 1500 km, your compensation will be reduced.
- The same condition is applicable when the delay in take-off does not exceed 3 hours on flights between 1500 and 3500 km and 4 hours on flights more than 3500 km.
For the compensation amount to be credited back to your account, you must first file a claim. To do so, you may follow the steps given below:
- Go to the official site of the airline and navigate to the Passenger Support section.
- Here, go to the “Complains and Compliments” page.
- Select the “Complaint” option and you will be provided with a list of categories you can choose from.
- Select the “Flight” option under which more options will be available.
- From there, you will have to check the “cancellation” tick box.
- Then, click on the “fill in the form” button highlighted in red.
- You will now have to complete filling in information under three different sections:
- Personal Information
- Your Itinerary
- Bank Account
- Under the personal information section, you will be asked about your first name, contact number, home address, and so on. The itinerary and bank account sections require details regarding your flight and bank respectively.
- After you have carefully filled out all the sections, you can finally send your request using the “send request” option.
- You will receive a confirmation mail regarding the compensation for your Air Serbia canceled flight.
Note: In case the airline does not get back to you within a few days of submitting the claim, you can connect with the agents directly.
Eligibility of Claiming a Compensation
As per the Air Serbia cancel flight ticket policy, you will only be eligible to receive compensation if you have booked your flight directly with the airline officially. Similarly, other conditions also determine your eligibility. These are as follows:
- When your arrival and departure flight is associated with ECAA and complies with its regulations, you will be deemed eligible.
- Your reservation on the said flight is confirmed.
- You will have to possess all the documents needed during the check-in process or any other time during the boarding process.
- Reservations made under the “Etihad Guest” category will also be permitted to avail the benefits of sudden cancellations.
Once your compensation request is finalized, you will receive the amount either through bank transfer or via an EMD voucher, as per your choice.
Non-Eligibility of Claiming a Compensation
Under some circumstances, passengers will not be allowed to claim compensation irrespective of the reason for the cancellation of the ticket. These instances include the following cases:
- When the information regarding the revocation has been given to the passengers at least 2 weeks before the scheduled departure of the flight.
- The notification about the reversal of the flight was updated around seven days in advance but a stand-by flight was offered less than 2 hours before the flight took off.
- When you are able to reach your arrival destination only 2 hours later than the original time although the update was given seven days before the cancellation.
- When your ticket is booked under a special category of reduced prices for whatsoever reason.
- When the airline has appropriate evidence that the flight has been revoked due to circumstances outside its control like:
- Bad weather
- Increased air traffic
- Government orders
- Strikes and attacks
No amount of monetary refund will be offered under all the above-mentioned situations.
Compensation in Case of Denied Boarding
Passengers will not be permitted to board their flight when the aircraft is overbooked although the passenger has duly complied with the check-in process. In such a case, the airline will take the following measures under the Air Serbia ticket cancelation policy:
- The airline will first make sure there are any volunteers who are willing to give up their reservation.
- Such volunteers will be offered benefits in exchange for them giving up their seats.
- These benefits will be decided by an agreement between the carrier and the volunteer.
- If there are no volunteers, then all the compensatory benefits mentioned above will be available to all the affected and inconvenienced travelers.
Sometimes, the fliers can be denied boarding not due to overbooking but due to factors like health or security issues. In such cases, compensation will not be offered to the passengers.
Methods to Revoke Flights on Air Serbia
Depending on the travelers’ requirements and competency, they might require different methods to reverse their flights. Keeping this in mind, this carrier offers two main options to undo the trips. These methods can be used for both Air Serbia flight ticket cancellations and refunds.
- Online option via the official site of the carrier
- Online through Social Media
- Offline option by connecting with the airline agents
Although both these options yield the same results of flight revocation, their operating procedure differs. You will only be able to make the required alterations when you properly know the procedure for doing so. Given below is a detailed explanation of each of these procedures.
Method 1: Online Cancellation via the Official Site
If you are looking to revoke your flight in the quickest way possible, the online option might be the right fit for you. Further, it is also suitable for passengers who wish to cancel their long-distance trips. It is easy to follow and simple to understand as well.
Under this option, you will have to visit the main website of the carrier and provide your details accordingly. The detailed steps of the online process are described here as follows:
- Open the official website of the airline.
- On the first page of the site, you will be able to see 4 tabs in a series. Among these, select the “my reservation” tab.
- Here, fill in the details asked to line your “booking code” and the passenger’s “surname”
- Once you are done entering these details, click on the “find my booking” button on the right highlighted in red.
- Your reservation will now be retrieved and you will be able to see all your confirmed tickets.
- Select the flight that you wish to revoke. From here, you may follow the directions given on the screen to reverse your booking.
- To complete the revocation process, pay the necessary Air Serbia flight ticket cancellation fee through the available mode of payment.
- Once this is completed, you will get an email to your registered address confirming the revocation process.
Note: The online option is best suitable in case of reversals that are done well in advance of the flight’s departure.
Method 2: Online through Social Media
It is possible to request reversals on Air Serbia through its social media profiles.
Hello, due to the announcement from Heathrow Airport that the handling of afternoon flights on weekends will not be possible, we were forced to cancel afternoon flights on weekends throughout July, starting from Saturday, July 9, 2022. More info: https://t.co/PBCNi8rLGJ— Air Serbia (@airserbia) July 2, 2022
The airline can be found active on the following platforms:
|S.N||Social Handle||Social Handle Links|
On these, you can find the authorized handles of the carrier. Then you can post your request for canceling your trip. Ensure that the handle is tagged in this post. As you go ahead with publishing the same, make sure that the request is clearly written.
Following this, you can wait for a response. As per that, you can apply the directions and revoke your trip.
Method 3: Offline Cancellation Procedure
The offline option is best suitable in case of last-minute requests. You will not have to go through the hassle of logging in with your details. Hence, this method can be chosen by those who find it difficult to operate the online site.
Under this option, you will have to come in direct contact with the airline’s agents. For this, you will have to call the nearest sales office of Air Serbia Airlines. To know the contact number applicable to your region, follow the steps given below:
- Go to the official site of the carrier through the link mentioned above.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the “passenger support” section.
- Here, select the “offices” option.
- A new page will now be opened. You can enter the name of the city whose sales office you are searching in the “insert city” placeholder.
- All the contact information of the desired region will now be displayed on the screen.
Dial the proper number and connect with the airline authorities.
- Inform the agents about the purpose of your call, whether you wish to discontinue your trip or Air Serbia airlines flight refunds.
- Based on your request, the agents will now ask you for certain necessary information.
- This information can be regarding the personal details of the passengers and the flight details.
- Once the agents scrutinize all the information provided, they will begin your cancellation process.
- You will receive a confirmation mail at the end of the procedure.
Note: This option becomes helpful in case of last-minute requests. The agents will be available round the clock so you can contact them as and when you need to.
Cancellation Fee for Air Serbia Tickets
The Air Serbia ticket cancellation fee depends on the type of fare you have reserved. Also, the method through which you have made your revocation request has an effect on these fees. Depending on these factors, the reversal fee might fluctuate from time to time. However, generally, the fee varies in the following proportion:
|Fare Type||Economy or Business|
|Service Type||Online Reservations|
|Online Service Reversal Charges||None|
|Revocation Fees||USD 250-500 from the U.S.EUR 160-500 to the U.S.|
When you reverse your flights through customer care, a fee of USD 12 will apply for Economy fare and no fee for Business class. The same is the case for revocation via sales offices and retail shops.
Note: Any changes made to this fee will be informed to you at the time of cancellation.
The Air Serbia cancellation policy makes it possible for travelers to easily undo their trips without much hassle. It offers different methods through which passengers all over the world can revoke their flights in just a few minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
The affected passengers will be sent an email or a text message regarding their flight status before the scheduled departure.
To cancel your ticket online, go to the main website of the site, navigate to the “my reservation” tab, enter all the required details here and your flight will be revoked.
You can revoke your reservation on this carrier either by using the online option of the official site or by connecting directly with the agents of the airline at the sales office number.
Yes, the airline permits its passengers to apply for refunds in such cases. Generally, these refunds will be given in the form of vouchers.
Usually, passengers will be allowed to revoke their flights up to 24 hours before the departure.
You can avail of a refund if you apply for it by connecting with the airline agents after the successful reversal of your flight.
The value of your refund will be the value of the original price of your ticket.
For the offline reversal, call the nearest sales office of the airline at the number found on the main site of the carrier.
Passengers can make a request for compensation either by calling the airline authorities or by filling out the online form.
Only revocations made within the first twenty-four hours of booking will not be charged any amount by this carrier.
This compensation includes both service and monetary compensation in the form of free drinks, calls, and money reimbursement respectively.
Yes, you may reverse your trip on this airline at your convenience.
The cancellation fee on this airline depends on the type of fare and mode of request. They usually start at USD 12 and can go up to USD 500.
You will be given the option to avail of reimbursement or to book an alternative flight to the same destination.
Yes, a flier can receive a refund or compensation by claiming it after the cancellation of the flight.
You can inform the agents regarding the reversal/delay of your flight by reaching out to them at the customer support center.
You can do so once your flight is confirmed to be canceled.
Yes, however, the compensation amount will depend on the value of your ticket and the distance of the flight.