Being able to revoke flights is one of the most essential features passengers look for while selecting a carrier. Understanding this, Air Mauritius has given a specific policy. This Air Mauritius flight cancellation policy enables travelers to reverse not only their bookings but also claim a refund. Therefore, it becomes important to have a clear understanding of this policy beforehand.
- Basic Terms of the Air Mauritius Flight Cancellation Policy
- Air Mauritius Cancellation Policy for Covid-19
- Air Mauritius Refund Policy
- What Happens If Air Mauritius Cancels My Flight?
- Air Mauritius Flight Cancellation Method
- Method 1: Online Revocation Process
- Method 2: Offline Revocation Process
- Method 3: Social Media Utilization
- Air Mauritius Flight Cancellation Charges
- Automatic Flight Cancellations
Basic Terms of the Air Mauritius Flight Cancellation Policy
Just as with any other policy, there are certain basic guidelines that have to be followed in the course of the revocation of your flight. Any passenger who does not adhere to these guidelines will not be able to access the Air Mauritius flight ticket cancellation feature.
- The regulations have to be followed by all the travelers who have purchased their tickets directly from the official sources of the airline.
- The rules differ for those passengers who have booked their tickets with the help of travel agencies.
- A separate set of cancellation rules will be applicable in the regions of the People’s Republic of China and Hong Kong.
- The provision of compensation, in the event of a delay or unexpected revocation, will be subject to EU regulations.
- Passengers will not only have the right to claim a refund but also refuse it.
- A small amount of reversal fee might be charged at the time of making a request.
- In order to be able to revoke your flights without any hassle, you will have to follow the procedures given by the airline.
- To perform any kind of modifications on the tickets purchased via travel agencies, you will have to connect with your agent directly.
- Free reversals might only be allowed under certain specific conditions.
- Along with revocations. Passengers will also be allowed to make slight modifications to their flight tickets.
Note: In case you wish to clear any queries regarding the above-mentioned guidelines, you can ring up the airline authorities. Otherwise, you may visit the official site of the carrier as well and navigate to the help section.
Air Mauritius Cancellation Policy for Covid-19
Due to the recent pandemic, airlines across the world have been subject to a sudden lockdown. This has resulted in the cancellations of passengers’ tickets from all over the world. To help travelers overcome the inconvenience caused due to such revocations, the Air Mauritius COVID ticket cancellation policy is put into implementation.
Air Mauritius Refund Policy
After you revoke your booking, you will have the option to request a refund. However, these refunds can only be availed by passengers who are in adherence to all the regulations. The main important conditions that apply to the refund policy of this airline are as follows:
- When a ticket has been partially used, then only the unused part will be eligible for an Air Mauritius cancellation refund.
- The monetary reimbursements can only be accessed by the passengers whose name is mentioned on the ticket or the passengers who have paid for the flight.
- You will have to submit the necessary proof that you are the person mentioned in the ticket or the one who has paid its price.
- In case the ticket was purchased by a person whose name is not given on the ticket, only this person will be able to avail of the refund amount.
- At the time of requesting reimbursement, you will have to submit the ticket as issued at the time of purchase. Other conditions apply if you have lost your ticket or pass.
- When you wish to access refunds through coupons or vouchers, submission of these vouchers is necessary.
Air Mauritius Refund Types:
- Voluntary refunds
- Involuntary refunds
The guidelines for each of these refunds differ. They are as explained below
These reimbursements can be claimed when you have revoked the flight due to personal reasons like a change in travel plan or such. In such cases of Air Mauritius cancelled flights, refunds will be offered under the following circumstances:
- Requests will only be accepted when your ticket is refundable.
- If a request for reimbursement is made on the bookings that are completely unused, then the entire portion of the ticket will be refunded including the taxes and any additional fees paid. However, this will not include the revocation fees or service charges.
- If a refund request is made on flights half of whose portion has been used, only the difference in fare will be credited back to the passenger.
- Service charges will be deducted in case of partially used tickets as well.
These types of refunds are offered to travelers when the flights have been revoked by the airline authorities themselves. This type of reimbursement will be issued in the following cases:
- Cancellation of flight by the airline
- Delay of the flight
- Missed connecting flights
- Denied boarding
In all the aforementioned cases, the following amount will be refunded:
- The full value of the reservation will be credited back in case of completely unused tickets.
- Only the value of the unused portion of the difference in fare will be given back in case of partially utilized bookings.
Note: In all situations, the carrier will not reimburse the fees for canceling flights on Air Mauritius when issuing the reimbursement amount. This applies to both voluntary and involuntary refunds.
Decline of the Refund Request
The airline has all the rights to deny the refund request of the passenger. This usually happens when the appropriate documents are not submitted or when the guidelines are not followed. Some instances where the airline has the right to deny the passenger’s requests are as follows:
- Refunds will be denied when they are applied for after the expiration of the validity period of the ticket.
- When the domestic rules of the arrival destination do not agree with the Air Mauritius refund policy.
- When the passenger is unable to provide the necessary documentation to confirm their stay at the arrival destination.
- When any of the eligibility conditions under the Air Mauritius flight cancellation policy are not met.
The amount will be refunded in the same currency as you paid at the time of reservation. Moreover, the reimbursement will only be given when the administrator or the agent has fully scrutinized the claim.
Procedure to Request a Refund
It is important to request your refund immediately after the cancellation is done. This not only helps you to save time but also helps the agents to process your requests smoothly. You can submit this request by filling out an online form. In order to access this form, follow the steps given here:
- Firstly, open the main site of the carrier using the official link of Air Mauritius.
- Scroll down to the very bottom of the home page of the site to find the “conditions of carriage” section. Click on it.
- You will now be redirected to a new page where a list of options can be found to the left.
- Among these various options, select the “refunds” option.
- Navigate through the redirected pages to find the refund form.
- Once you access this form, fill in the necessary details asked and make your Air Mauritius flight refund request.
Once the airline agents or administrators receive your request, they will soon begin the process of reimbursement. They will inform you regarding the amount you will be able to claim and the time by which it will be credited back to your account.
Tip: Rather than requesting a refund, you can also ask for a travel voucher in return for the amount. This travel voucher can be utilized for future purchases on the same airline within the validity period.
What Happens If Air Mauritius Cancels My Flight?
It is not only the travelers who revoke their reservations, but the airline itself can discontinue the passengers’ trips due to various reasons. These reasons can include circumstances within the control of the carrier or issues outside the airline’s control. Depending on these reasons, you will be compensated.
When the reason for Air Mauritius flight cancellations is a controllable factor, then compensation can be availed by the affected passengers. These reasons can include:
- Delay of the pilot
- Bad weather conditions
- Delay in the onboard services
- Missed stopovers
- Delay in cleaning the aircraft
- Mechanical or technical issues of the airplane
In case your flight has been discontinued due to any of the reasons mentioned above, you will be given three main options:
- You can choose to get accommodated on the next available flight to the same arrival destination. Passengers will incur no additional fee for selecting an alternative flight.
- You can choose to get your flight itinerary rerouted. This means that the airline will arrange a rerouted flight either on the same carrier or another carrier based on the availability of flights.
- You can choose to not travel at all and access a monetary refund.
Apart from these three options, the airline would not be able to provide you with any other compensatory benefits. You can choose the option that most suits your needs.
The Air Mauritius cancellation policy is implemented slightly differently in China and Hong Kong SAR. The airline will take the following steps in case of revocation in these regions:
- Passengers will be updated regarding the flight status every 30 minutes. Hence, they will be informed of the cancellation or ticket reversal beforehand.
- If you make a request for it, the airline will provide you with a written document confirming the revocation of your ticket.
- When the delay exceeds a stipulated time period, passengers will be provided with free meals, drinks, and snacks.
- Hotel accommodations and transportation facilities to and from the hotel can also be accessed for free by the inconvenience fliers.
To submit a compensation claim in these regions, you can refer to the contact details given here. Either send a mail to the official address or make a direct call to the airline agents:
|People’s Republic Of China||Hong Kong SAR|
|Email: firstname.lastname@example.org||Email: email@example.com|
|Phone Number: +86(21)-6330 0538||Phone Number: (+) (852)-2523-1114|
Once you have submitted your claim, it will take about 7 days for the carrier to respond or reply to your request.
Note: Travelers will not only be compensated in case of flight cancellations, even flight delays or tarmac delays might result in reimbursement. However, the amount of the mode of reimbursement can differ in such cases.
Air Mauritius Flight Cancellation Method
Different passengers may be comfortable with using different types of options when reversing their flights according to their competency. To cater to travelers of all types, this airline has given certain options for Air Mauritius flight ticket cancellations. These include
- Online revocation using the carrier’s main site
- Offline cancellation by reaching out to the airline agents
- Social media utilization
To be able to properly utilize these options, it is important to know how they actually work. The steps mentioned below give a detailed procedure of the working of each of these methods.
Method 1: Online Revocation Process
The simplest way to cancel your long-distance flights is to go with the online option. This method makes it easy for travelers in any part of the world to revoke their bookings in just a few minutes. Further, it is extremely simple to understand as the steps involved are not complex.
- Open your browser and enter the link to this airline’s website.
- You will be redirected to the official page of this carrier.
- On the top of the main page, you will find five tabs in a series. Among these, hover your cursor on the “Book and Manage” tab.
- A drop-down box of different options will now be available. You will have to go to the “Manage” section here.
- There will be three more options under this section among which, you will have to select the “Manage Booking” button.
- Now, a new page will be opened where you can give your details. You will be required to submit your “booking reference” and “Last name”
- Upon entering this information, go ahead by clicking on the “Search” button highlighted in red on the right.
- The reservation will now be retrieved. You can follow the directions given by the site to revoke your flight.
- Pay the required Air Mauritius cancellation fees through the available mode of payment.
- Confirm your details on the confirmation mail received to your official id.
You can use this online procedure to check your flight status and baggage status as well along with the cancellation of flights.
Method 2: Offline Revocation Process
Another simple way to access the reversal feature is through the offline option. This specially caters to those fliers who find it difficult to optimally utilize the online method. The agents will be available all through the day, hence this option is accessible at any time.
You can connect with the agents at the Contact Centre using the number given below:
- +230 207 7575
Other than the general toll-free number given above, there are other regional numbers that you can access based on your country. These are as follows:
|Australia||+61 (08) 7082 0550|
|Belgium||33 (0) 1 44 51 15 58|
|France||(01) 49 240 425|
The contact details of the other countries are also made available on the official site of the airline. To access these details, you can go to the “contact us” section on the main site of the airline. Along with the number, you will be able to find the address of the respective sales office as well.
Once the call connects, you can:
- Inform the agents about the reason for calling.
- Mention that you wish to undo your booking and give the reason as well.
- You will be asked to submit certain personal and flight details like the full name of the passenger and the booking code.
- The agents will examine your reservation to see if it’s eligible for revocation.
- If you are deemed eligible, the reversal process will be commenced.
- You will be asked to pay the required Air Mauritius flight cancellation charges.
- Once the booking is officially canceled, the authorities will inform you via call or email.
In case of any more queries, you can also reach out to the agents via their official mail ids.
Method 3: Social Media Utilization
Rather than opting for the conventional options, you can go with the latest feature of utilizing social media platforms as well. Passengers on this airline can reach and convey their queries using social media platforms. Under this option, the airline agents will just be a click away.
|Social Media Platforms||Social Media Handles|
You can search for these respective handles on the concerned platforms. Although it might not be possible to request full refunds using this option, it is quite useful in connecting with the airline in case of any type of query about any process.
Travellers, regardless of vaccination status, are no longer required to present a negative COVID-19 PCR test or antigen result to enter Mauritius, nor do they need to test on arrival or self-isolate.— Air Mauritius (@airmauritius) July 7, 2022
More information https://t.co/qkqZqrROhO https://t.co/BAGu6KDHAk pic.twitter.com/r5L9B9gYTs
Air Mauritius Flight Cancellation Charges
A small amount of fee will be charged by the carrier to facilitate the reversal process. However, these fees for canceling flights on Air Mauritius Airlines can differ based on the:
- Type of fair
- Flight itinerary
- Arrival destination
- Time of request
Hence, the exact amount of the fee can be known at the time of making a request. No discount will be available on these fees.
Automatic Flight Cancellations
Sometimes, flights on this airline can be automatically revoked based on the time of your payment.:
- When you choose the “pay later” or the “time to think” option, and fail to make your payment within 72 hours, your reservation will be deemed canceled.
- The booking will be revoked if you fail to make the payment immediately when the “pay later” option is not chosen.
Thus, it is important to pay the fee on time to avoid these consequences.
The Air Mauritius flight cancellation policy, though strict in its implementation, provides the utmost convenience to passengers. It allows them to revoke and reimburse their flights with just a few steps. Hence, cancellation on this airline can be done easily.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can revoke your booking on this carrier using the online option of “Manage Booking” or the offline method of reaching out to the agents.
Yes, a refund in the form of monetary reimbursement or service compensation can be accessed by the traveler.
To reverse your booking online, go to the main site of the carrier and select the “manage booking” option. Here, enter all the necessary details and follow the on-screen instructions.
Yes, the online option of revocation is enabled by this carrier through its official site.
You can either ask for an alternative flight to the same destination or a rerouted flight. Otherwise, you can also request a full refund of your canceled ticket.
Yes, you can get a refund after the cancellation of your flight by filing a claim for reimbursement on the main site of the carrier.
The exact amount of the compensation can differ based on the reason for the delay/ revocation and the time of the delay.
Though the airline does not specifically mention anything about the free cancellation window, you can connect with the agents for more information.
Yes, to get your refund, cancel your booking and make a request to the agents of the carrier.
The exact amount of the revocation fee differs based on the time of request and the type of ticket. It can be known when you make your cancellation request.
Use the “check-in” option on the official site of the airline for this purpose.
You will have to make your claim via the online site or by calling the administrators of the carrier.
The refund eligibility of your ticket will be informed to you at the time of reservation.
You may or may not be given the free cancellation option based on the Air Mauritius ticket cancellation policy.
You can know this by checking for the eligibility of your ticket at the time of booking.
In this case, you will be given the option to either refund or reroute your existing flight.
Yes, you can cancel your flight within 24 hours, however, the exemption of the cancellation charges is not confirmed.