One of the inconveniences that you can face while flying is the need to cancel your flight. Flight revocations on Air Arabia can happen due to several causes. Irrespective of the cause, flight reversal is a complex process at times. To make this process simpler for the passengers, the Air Arabia cancellation policy has been put in place.
Main Terms of Air Arabia’s Flight Cancellation Policy
All policies operate under a specific set of guidelines. Similarly, this ticket cancellation policy can only be implemented under certain regulations. Every passenger who chooses to fly with this carrier has to adhere to these conditions.
The following are some of the main terms given under this framework:
- The policy will only be applicable to tickets that are booked via the official sources of this operator.
- To reverse bookings that are made through third-party agencies, you will have to contact them.
- Passengers will have to revoke their trips at least 24 hours before the flight’s departure.
- You will not be allowed to make any modifications or reversals within 24 hours of the airplane’s take-off.
- Certain bookings will not be eligible for reversals.
- To reverse such bookings, you will need to connect with the airline’s agents.
- Customers with Flexi tickets can revoke their flights up to 8 hours prior to the airplane’s departure.
- This airline only offers refunds on flights flying to or from Cairo. For the other reservations, the refund policy is differently applicable.
- Single ticket reversals cannot be done in group bookings.
- A fee will be incurred for the reversal of your reservations on this airline.
- The charges differ for the revocation of group bookings.
- Air Arabia’s flight cancellation policy does not offer this feature for flights traveling to and from Morocco.
- All the Basic Fare bookings must be reversed at least a day before the flight’s takeoff.
- Holders of free or promotional tickets cannot reverse their bookings.
- You can check whether your ticket is eligible for this benefit or not at the time of reservation itself.
- The rules of this policy can differ based on the region or country of arrival.
Note: In case you have any queries regarding the rules of this policy, you can resolve them by connecting with the agents. Find the official number on the main website of the carrier.
Air Arabia Ticket Cancellation Eligibility
The ticket reversal policy of this airline differs according to the fare selected by you. Certain tickets will not be eligible for reversals. Further, the time during which you can revoke your reservation also depends on the fare.
The eligibility for flight reversals varies as follows:
- All Promo Fare reservations can be canceled up to 24 hours before the departure.
- If you have booked a Flexi or Extra fare ticket, you will be able to reverse it until 8 hours before the flight’s take-off.
- Moreover, a reversal fee does not apply to Flexi and Extra Fare bookings.
- Passengers will not be allowed to revoke flights flying to and from Morocco.
- In case you have acquired your tickets through promotional activities or as free gifted reservations, this option will not be made available.
Note: The rules for revocations can be different for flights operated by Air Arabia Maroc and Air Arabia Egypt. You may refer to the online websites of these carriers for full information.
Refund Policy of Air Arabia
This airline does not have a separate Air Arabia ticket refund policy. This is to say that refunds will not be issued upon the discontinuation of your ticket.
But the following measures will be taken by the carrier in place of a reimbursement:
- After your revocation, the airline will not credit back the charges that you paid while making a reservation.
- Instead, the value of the tickets will be converted into credit vouchers after the deduction of the necessary cancellation fees and service charges.
- These credit vouchers can be used by passengers for making future bookings with the same airline.
- Bookings using these credits can only be made until the expiry of their validity.
- This validity period usually lasts for one year from the date of initial booking.
- These vouchers can be used for booking a flight to any destination.
- Both the original passenger and his/her family members can utilize the benefits of the voucher.
- Moreover, instead of making just one reservation, you can use it for multiple bookings as long as you have sufficient credits.
Refunds in the form of money will be given when the cancellation was caused due to the fault of the airline. This will mainly be applicable when flight delays result in ticket reversals. However, the issue of this money-back is subject to certain conditions as well.
What Happens if My Flight is Canceled Due to Delays?
Unexpected and long delays can cause the airline to declare your reservation as canceled. Sometimes, these delays can be due to reasons that are in the carrier’s control, and sometimes not. Hence, depending on these reasons, your compensation will be decided.
When the cause is outside of the airline’s control such as:
- Weather conditions
- Unexpected air traffic
- Storms and rainfall
- Attacks and strikes
- Orders of the government
The airline cannot do much. It will try to accommodate an alternative flight if there is a chance to do so. Otherwise, you will have to forego your fees and your trip will be forfeited entirely.
The Air Arabia cancellation refund policy becomes applicable when the flight has been revoked due to causes in the control of the carrier. These might include:
- Breakdown of the aircraft
- Technical or mechanical issues
- Delay of the pilot
- Overbooking of the carrier
- Delay of food and other services
- Issues with the baggage
In the aforementioned situations:
- The carrier will first update its passengers regarding the status of their flight.
- They will be informed via email or SMS that their flights have been delayed.
- Then, a seat will be reserved on the next available flight to the same destination.
- You will not have to pay any extra charges for this seat.
- Travelers will be provided with free drinks, meals, hotel accommodations, and transportation services when the delay exceeds long hours.
- When no other alternate flights are available, the value of your ticket will be refunded.
- This refund can be in the form of money or a credit voucher, as per your desire.
You can contact the airline agents to request this refund if the money is not automatically credited to your account.
Claiming a Refund on Air Arabia Canceled Flights
Before you claim a refund, you ought to know that reimbursements will only be given on refundable fares. These refunds can be in the form of money or credits. Irrespective of the reimbursement method, it will only be issued after the deduction of a fee.
- Usually, upon the emergency revocation of your ticket, the amount will be refunded automatically.
- You will not be required to contact the airline to claim this refund.
- However, if the charges have not been credited back even after 48 hours of reversal, you can then reach out to the airline officials.
- Passengers can connect with the authorities either:
- On mail
- Via Contact center
For Contacting Via Mail:
To request a refund through e-mail, you can follow the steps given here:
- Write an email to the address – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the mail, mention your personal details and the flight information as well.
- Mention the arrival and departure destination.
- Explain the reason for your ticket cancellation.
- Double-check the mail before sending it.
Once the mail has been received by the carrier, it will get back to you and confirm your refund request. The amount will soon be processed and credited back to your account.
Connecting Via Contact Center:
The refund policy of this airline permits its customers to reach out to the agents via the contact center as well. For this:
- The contact numbers are different for various regions.
- To know the number respective to your country, visit the “Call Center” on Air Arabia’s site.
- Here, select the number applicable to you and reach out to the agents.
- Inform them that your ticket has been discontinued and you would like a refund.
- Give the necessary flight details required as per the Air Arabia booking cancellation policy.
- The further process will be explained to you by the agents and you may follow accordingly.
Note: In most cases, you will not be needed to contact the airline to claim a refund, since they will be processed automatically.
How to Cancel Air Arabia’s Tickets?
It is important to know how to undo your booking. This is because emergencies can occur at any moment and sudden revocations become necessary. In this regard, customers will be allowed to reverse their bookings through the following methods:
- Official website
- Contact center
You can choose any of these two options to revoke your bookings. You can use these options not only for ticket cancellations but also for making modifications, adding extra bags, and performing other changes.
Method 1: Online Revocation Process
Reversing your flight tickets online is a quite simple process. It is also most suitable for discontinuing long-distance flights. The online site of the carrier will be available at any time during the week. It can also be accessed from any part of the world.
You simply have to log in to the official website and follow the steps given below:
- Open your search engine.
- Access the link www.airarabia.com.
- On the main page of the website, hover your cursor over the “Manage” tab.
- A list of three options will now be visible. Click on “Cancel Flight” among these.
- Here, you will have to give your “Reservation Number”.
- Then add the “Contact Person Last Name” and “Departure Date”.
- Tap the “Continue” button after entering your details.
- Now, your reservation will be retrieved. Select the flight you want to revoke.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to undo the selected flight.
- To finish this procedure, pay the cancellation fee through the available payment modes.
- You will now receive a confirmation mail to your official ID given at the time of registration.
Once your booking is canceled, you can begin the refund process by requesting the same from the authorities.
Method 2: Canceling Offline
To reverse your bookings offline, you will have to get in touch with the airline agents directly. This method is extremely beneficial in case of last-minute flight reversals. Air Arabia flight ticket cancellation is further made easier under the offline method due to the assistance given by the authorities.
To get in touch with the airline agents, you can contact:
- The airline’s Call Center page.
- This carrier’s sales office.
Once the authorities pick up the call:
- Introduce yourself and mention the purpose of your call.
- Let them know the reason for your cancellation.
- You will be asked to submit all the important details regarding your trip.
- Once the airline agents are satisfied with the scrutiny, they will explain how to cancel your ticket.
- If you do not have any problem with the regulations, then they will begin the procedure.
- You will also be required to pay the necessary revocation charges.
- Finally, the confirmation regarding the process will be given to you by the agents.
Flight Cancellation Charges on Air Arabia
As mentioned earlier, the policy of this carrier charges a certain amount when you reverse your booking. This fee depends on various factors like your ticket fare, the time of the request, and the arrival destination. Also, the type of your aircraft has a major effect on the cost as well.
Given below are the different amounts of Air Arabia’s cancellation fees as per the flight number. The following conditions apply to all planes that start with “G9”.
- A fee of AED 150 or USD 40 per passenger will be charged for cancellations made 72 hours before the departure of the flight. Also, 30% of the fare will have to be paid as a surcharge.
- AED 200 or USD 54 and 30% of the fare will be incurred on reversals made 24 hours before the flight’s take-off.
- The same is the case for all flights that start with “3L”.
Flights starting with “E5” will be subject to the following fares:
- EGP 700 – 900 or USD 35 – 45 will have to be paid on revocations made 24 hours prior to the departure.
Note: Passengers with seats on “3O” flights will not be allowed to reverse their tickets once the payment is done.
The fee for flight revocations is different from the one for flight modifications. This depends on the type of modification you wish to perform.
Tip: If you are looking to avoid paying heavy reversal fees, try making your request as early as possible. The charges for last-minute requests are relatively higher than those for requests made in advance.
Air Arabia’s cancellation policy has several features which prove to be immensely beneficial to the passengers. It assists them in easily undoing their tickets and also in claiming the appropriate amount of refund.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can revoke your ticket either online through the official site of the carrier or offline by connecting with its agents.
As per this airline’s cancellation policy, reservations can be revoked until 24 hours before the flight’s departure depending on your ticket fare.
When you reverse your trip, you will be eligible to claim a refund.
Yes, you can cancel your flight ticket within 24 hours.
In such cases, you will not be able to claim a refund upon the successful reversal of your ticket.
You will know whether your ticket is refundable or not at the time of booking. Further, you can ask the airline authorities at any moment.
AED 150 starts from but this fee varies based on the type of your ticket.
Yes, all refundable flights on this carrier are eligible to get reimbursement.
Depending on the time of your revocation, a cancellation fee will be applied.
For online reversal, go to the website of the airline. Enter your details under the “Manage” section and follow the on-screen instructions.
Generally, free cancellations are only permitted for certain tickets.
When your flight is revoked, you can request a refund. Otherwise, you can also make an alternative booking to the same destination.
Yes, you can try making an online request for your canceled flight through the official site of the carrier.