Having updated the rules in 2021, the EasyJet baggage policy is now available with a few strict instructions. Passengers who are planning to travel with EasyJet this year can read this policy to know its rules better. These rules are based on what items are considered safe to be carried and the weight restrictions of the baggage that are approved. Knowing these guidelines can help you save you from being charged with additional baggage fees.
EasyJet Free Baggage Allowance for Checked Bags
Passengers can take checked bags cost-free inside EasyJet Airlines. However, there are certain restrictions that need to be obeyed by the travelers flying from the airline. EasyJet checked baggage policy comprises these rules:
- EasyJet charges fixed fees for each piece of checked baggage weighing up to 44 pounds or 20 kilograms.
- Each traveler is permitted to pack one cabin bag with dimensions of 45*36*20 centimeters.
- During the time of luggage booking, a fee for EasyJet baggage allowance per person will be charged.
- The bags should not exceed 32 kilos in weight.
- Every bag’s linear dimensions must be less than 108 inches.
Here are the fees applied for taking checked bags inside the flights of EasyJet Airlines:
|Checked Baggage||Online Fee||Fee at Airport|
|Checked bag up to 15 kg||£6.99 – £35.49||£40.00|
|Checked bag up to 23 kg||£9.49 – £42.49||£50.00|
Guidelines for Taking Excess Baggage in EasyJet Airlines
EasyJet Airlines baggage fees depend on how many bags the flyer takes inside the aircraft. When a passenger brings extra luggage on EasyJet flights, he/she will have to go through these guidelines:
- A customer can purchase an extra baggage limit of £12 per 3 kilograms unit. It must be bought with a limit of 32 kilograms per bag.
- Extra capacity may be up to 59.5 pounds when a 15-kilogram hold bag is bought.
- Prior to heading to the airport, extra weight can be booked at any time.
- If the weight of your carry-on baggage exceeds your allowance, then you will be charged £12 per kilogram of extra weight.
- You can share your entire weight limit if you are flying with friends or relatives on the same aircraft and reservation.
Overweight EasyJet Airlines Baggage Fees
The extra baggage fees by EasyJet would be charged when any flyer travels with overweight items. Described below are the overweight baggage fees based on the different currencies:
|Currency||Overweight Baggage Fees|
EasyJet Security Rules for Bringing Carry-on Items
EasyJet baggage allowance for hand luggage requires you to follow several guidelines for taking carry-on items inside the flight. The following are the items approved by EasyJet Airlines as carry-on baggage of passengers:
- Baby car seat
- Amenity kits
- Medical items
- Air mattresses
- Electronic gadgets
- Baby food items
- Mobility devices
It has been put in the EasyJet baggage policy that a few liquid restrictions are to be followed by travelers onboard. These liquid restrictions are as follows:
- When carrying liquids, always keep in mind to store them in air-tight and sealed containers.
- The container’s size should not cross 1000 milliliters.
- A ziplock bag or a plastic bag must be carried to keep the liquids sealed.
Carrying Infants with EasyJet Airways
EasyJet distinguishes among infants and children, when traveling, to assist you in obeying the policy rules. The airline believes that:
- A baby under the age of two is considered an infant.
- A kid is someone who is over the age of two and under the age of fifteen.
There are certain rules for passengers flying internationally with their infants. Easyjet baggage allowance in 2020 maintains these rules for bringing infants inside the cabin:
- Infants are allowed to travel if they are at least 14 days old.
- Babies under the age of 13 days would not be permitted to fly.
- When sitting on an adult’s lap, infants under the age of two are paid a fixed rate of £25 per flight.
- These infants do not require their personal boarding passes.
- You must pay the entire adult price for your infant’s seat if he or she is more than 2 years old. These infants will require their individual boarding tickets which may be obtained at the airport.
- If your baby is in a car seat, then your seats must not be next to an exit door, nor should they be directly across or in front of such rows.
- A window seat is the best spot for an infant car seat.
EasyJet Baggage Policy for Pets
From EasyJet baggage allowance in 2017, it is revealed that the airline does not support the onboarding of pets. However, when there is an assistance pet or a guide dog, EasyJet allows it to fly inside the cabin with the flyer. The rules that have to be maintained for visitors carrying guide dogs are as stated below:
- The guide dog must be taught to accompany its owner and understand how to assist individuals who are disabled.
- It should be educated by a reputable training institution.
- While boarding an aircraft, the guide dog must use an identification jacket or harness given by the owner at all times.
- During the flight, the guide dog should obey the passenger’s direction and remain in supervision in all instances.
Sports Items to be Taken Inside EasyJet Flights
Here is a chart showing all the sports items to be carried by a flyer, as per the EasyJet baggage policy:
|Small (20 kg max)||Large (32 kg max)|
|Pole vaults||Hang gliders|
Musical Instruments to be Carried by Passengers on EasyJet Flights
EasyJet cabin baggage policy approves the below-listed musical instruments to be taken with the passenger:
- Drum sticks
Prohibited Items on EasyJet Airlines
There are various items that are restricted on EasyJet Airlines. The main reason for doing so can be due to security. These items are:
- Food and drink
- Certain liquids
- Sharp objects
- Wedding dresses
- Christmas crackers
- Party poppers
- Dry ice
- Human ashes
- Smart Baggage
- Print and toner cartridges
- Camera recording equipment
- Camping equipment or stoves
Prevent Paying EasyJet Extra Baggage Fees
It is important to know the hidden travel tips that can save you money on additional baggage fees on EasyJet. Knowing how to avoid excess costs allows you to take a fine number of cabin bags while traveling on a commercial airline like EasyJet.
Always pack your bags light, keeping in mind the EasyJet baggage allowance of hand luggage. Invest in buying a weighing machine for your baggage. You can also purchase anything required from the duty-free shop. After that, put your extra bag in the duty-free baggage. On an EasyJet trip, you may carry as many duty-free items as you like without incurring extra baggage fees.
It is vital to know EasyJet Airlines reviews before traveling by this commercial air carrier. To know the customers’ opinions about this airline, kindly read this post.
Frequently Asked Questions for EasyJet Baggage Policy
Pre-departure, at the terminal bag drop station, or at the gate, customers can add their baggage to their booking, as per the EasyJet baggage policy. A 15-kilogram bag charges £6.99 – £34.99 online, whereas a 15 kilogram – 23-kilogram bag will be charged £9.49 – £37.49.
A typical 15 kilograms bag costs £6.99 on EasyJet Airlines. When you purchase storage at the airport, the EasyJet baggage fees will cost £48 for a bag that measures 23 kilograms. This fee will be significantly cheaper if you make the booking online. Also, it will be determined by a variety of criteria such as the time of reservation, the kind of aircraft, and the route selected.