Puerto Escondido International Airport (PXM) serves as the gateway to the charming surf town of Puerto Escondido and the captivating Costa Region of Oaxaca. This modern airport, officially known as Aeropuerto Internacional de Puerto Escondido, seamlessly connects travellers from all corners of the globe to the region’s sun-kissed beaches, lush landscapes, and rich cultural heritage.
As one of Mexico’s fastest-growing airports, PXM caters to a growing influx of tourists seeking the allure of Puerto Escondido’s renowned surfing waves, vibrant nightlife, and laid-back atmosphere.
General Information about Puerto Escondido Airport
The following table is an overview of PXM Airport indicated below:
|Airport||Puerto Escondido International Airport|
|Operator/Owner||Aeropuertos y Servicios Auxiliares|
|Serves||Puerto Escondido, Oaxaca, Mexico|
|Puerto Escondido Airport Code||PXM|
|Puerto Escondido Airport Terminals||2|
|PXM Airport Runway||1|
|PXM Airport Coordinates||15°52′36″N 097°05′20″W|
|Puerto Escondido Airport Address||Costera Km. 6.5, Aeropuerto, 71980 Puerto Escondido, Oax., Mexico|
|Contact Number||+52 954 582 0492|
|Elevation||90 m / 295 ft|
Puerto Escondido Airport Code
Puerto Escondido Airport code is PXM. This three-letter IATA code is based on the name of the airport Puerto Escondido.
|WORLD AREA CODE||+1|
|IATA METROPOLITAN CODE||PXM|
Puerto Escondido Airport Map
The Puerto Escondido Airport location Map is a useful tool for finding your way around the airport, and for planning your journey.
Puerto Escondido International Airport Runway
Puerto Escondido Airport features a one state-of-the-art runway:
|Name||Length (mtr)||Length (ft)||Surface|
Puerto Escondido Airport Terminal
Puerto Escondido International Airport has two terminals: Terminal 1 and Terminal 2.
- Terminal 1 is the older of the two terminals and is used for domestic flights. It has a small area for departures and arrivals, parking facilities, car rental services, and small shops.
- Terminal 2 is the newer of the two terminals and is used for international flights. It is larger than Terminal 1 and has more amenities, including a food court, duty-free shops, and a VIP lounge.
Nearest Airports to Puerto Escondido International Airport (PXM)
Some of the closest airports to PXM Airport are:
- Bahías de Huatulco International Airport – 101 km
- Xoxocotlán International Airport – 253 km
- General Juan N. Álvarez International Airport – 383 km
Airlines Operating from Puerto Escondido Airport
The following airlines operate from Puerto Escondido Airport:
- Viva Aerobus