The AirAsia baggage policy has been developed to assist the passengers in carrying bags falling within the size and weight limits. AirAsia is among those airlines that follow a weight concept for bringing luggage to aircraft. Having its headquarters in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, it is a widely used airline by passengers worldwide because of its liberal baggage policy. This baggage policy contains various sets of rules. It can also describe how much fees are charged on bringing excess, overweight, and oversized items onboard.
AirAsia Baggage Allowance for Checked Items
AirAsia does not give complimentary check-in luggage allowance as a norm. However, it may give free permits owing to country-specific legislation. This airline provides a 15-kilogram AirAsia domestic flight check-in baggage allowance. This allowance is indicated on the tickets if customers have bought Value Pack, Premium Flex, or Premium Flatbed price option tickets.
The baggage limit can be divided if two or more individuals are going on the same route and simultaneously check-in. There is, however, a limit on the size and weight of every bag. As per the AirAsia baggage allowance of Indian domestic routes, the bag must not contain more than 32 kilograms of weight and can be no larger than 81×119 ×119 centimetres.
Here are 4 basic guidelines for bringing checked items inside the flight of AirAsia:
- Maximum weight restrictions, on AirAsia, must be 70 lbs or 32 kilograms for every individual bag.
- The dimension limit of every bag must be 119 cm x 119 cm x 81 cm or 126 in/319 cm.
- You can transport as many bags as you wish to but always keep in mind the weight and size limits.
- When you want to carry additional checked baggage, you can go for an AirAsia purchase baggage allowance.
The below-mentioned fees can apply to taking baggage from 20 to 40 kilograms on AirAsia flights:
|Checked Baggage Fees of Different Currencies||20 kgs||25 kgs||30 kgs||40 kgs|
AirAsia Cabin Baggage Policy
AirAsia approves its passengers to bring personal items and handbags as a part of its cabin baggage. As per the cabin baggage policy, the total weight restriction of the personal items is 7 kilograms.
AirAsia baggage allowance for international and domestic flyers include the following rules:
- The flyers traveling in AirAsia are permitted to take two pieces of luggage on their flights.
- The total weight of the handbag and the personal items must not exceed 7 kilograms.
- The size restriction for a piece of single baggage must be under 56 cm x 36 cm x 23 cm.
- This single bag should follow the size and weight restrictions including wheels and handles, as per the AirAsia Airlines baggage allowance. This is because the personal items bag or the handbag needs to be fit in the overhead bin of the aircraft.
- Other than the main baggage, passengers can also bring a laptop bag, handbag/backpack, or any small bag with the overall size dimensions of 40 cm x 30 cm x 10 cm.
- This bag should be carried with the passengers and be placed under their seats, as hints the policy for AirAsia domestic baggage allowance in India.
AirAsia Baggage Fees/Charges for Bringing Excess Items
If you checked in with a larger weight after pre-booking your baggage on the web, then you will be charged for every additional kilogram of your bag. Thai AirAsia X baggage fees range based on the airport and the country you travel from.
Excess baggage may only be paid for until the day of travel when checking in at the airport. The excess baggage fee for AirAsia Philippines will be paid per visitor, kilogram, and the routeway, if there is a connecting flight.
Note: We recommend arriving at the airport at least 120 minutes before your scheduled flight when you want to travel with extra luggage.
AirAsia fees for baggage of extra items are as shown below:
|Different Route Currencies||Extra Baggage Fees|
Note: Air Asia allows the passengers to take some overweight and oversized baggage inside its flights. AirAsia overweight baggage fees per kilogram start at INR 300 for all itineraries. To get more information on carrying overweight luggage with AirAsia, you can contact the airline.
Items Allowed by Air Asia Carry-on Baggage Policy
AirAsia approves certain items to be carried inside its aircraft owing to the regulations of the TSA. The items which are approved by this airline have met all the security checkpoints’ guidelines and are considered safe while traveling. However, it must be kept in mind that the weight restrictions should not be crossed, according to the AirAsia 7 kg baggage policy.
Here are the items that can be taken inside AirAsia Airlines:
- Baby food
- Baby strollers
- Baby prams
- Walking frames
- Mobility devices
- Non-liquid cosmetics
- Fresh seafood
- Air mattresses
- Amenity kits
- Mobile phones
- Power Banks
Note: On foreign flights, various limitations have been implemented to limit the number of liquids, sprays, and gels that travelers may have in their cabin luggage for security concerns. These limitations are for AirAsia baggage policy for international and domestic passengers carrying liquids:
- Drinks, lotions, fragrances, sprays, and toothpaste, must be stored in containers with a maximum volume of 100 ml.
- Each customer is allowed only one clear resealable plastic bag having a maximum volume of liquids to one liter and dimensions of 20 cm x 20 cm.
- If the customers are found to cross the weight and size restrictions of the liquid, then they are eligible to pay for AirAsia baggage allowance charges.
AirAsia Baggage Policy for Infants
There is a different set of Air Asia baggage policy rules for carrying infants onboard. Here are the 8 rules that can apply for bringing infants to this airline:
- An infant may fly in AirAsia Airlines as long as it is seated on the lap of an adult.
- For each adult, just one infant is permitted.
- Due to safety rules, the majority of babies allowed on each flight is restricted. AirAsia may not be prepared to receive a request to take infants on its aircraft.
- Cabin baggage allowance is not given to infants under the age of two.
- Children aged 2 and up will have the same cabin luggage allowance as adult travelers, under the AirAsia domestic baggage allowance in India.
- Prams, strollers, and buggies cannot be carried on board with babies or children, although they can be checked in at no cost.
- Any type of kid car seat must be checked in as well.
- The car seat will be considered as a checked bag allowance when you are traveling with infants on AirAsia Airlines.
AirAsia Baggage Policy for Pets
Air Asia’s standard policy presently prohibits the carriage of pets or animals on its aircraft. Guide dogs accompanying persons with impairments are, nevertheless, authorized to fly on AirAsia India and AirAsia Japan flights. You may contact the airline for additional information about the AirAsia X baggage fees for carrying pets.
Sporting Equipment Allowed by AirAsia Airlines
AirAsia allows sportsmen or other passengers to carry their equipment inside its flights. This airline will impose a sporting equipment fee for the same. AirAsia baggage fees in India for carrying sports items can be prepaid online or at the terminals’ check-in counters.
These are some of the sports items that can be brought to this airline:
|Golf equipment||Surfboards||Diving equipment||Bicycle|
|Ski equipment||Snowboard equipment||Fishing equipment||Archery equipment|
|Cricket equipment||Hockey equipment||Lacrosse equipment||Ten-pin bowling equipment|
|Tennis equipment||Badminton equipment||Water skiing equipment||Windsurfing equipment|
Tip: For carrying musical instruments in AirAsia that are small, such as a guitar, cello, violin, or viola, the dimensions of AirAsia cabin luggage should weigh less than 7 kg. They may be transported in the cabin when a seat has been booked and the proper ticket paid.
Sports Items Not Accepted on AirAsia Airlines
According to the AirAsia baggage policy of the Philippines, certain sporting equipment is not allowed inside flights. The sporting goods might not be able to pass through the airport baggage scanners. They may not travel in the aircraft hold due to their huge sizes and handling complexity. That is why, through these scanners, they may not successfully pass. As a result, the below-mentioned sports equipment may not be allowed for transport on this operator:
- Hang gliders
- Pole vaults
SBD (Self-Bag Drop) Facilities at AirAsia Airlines
Travelers leaving from the KLIA2 terminal at AirAsia Airlines can utilize the newly built Self-Bag Drop (SBD) amenities at luggage drop stations. Thi facility allows the passengers of AirAsia to drop their bags at the station on different routes. Welcoming and skilled employees are on duty to help customers flying on this airline, in order to acquaint them with the new facilities.
Duty-free Purchases of AirAsia Airlines
The products that are duty-free, bought at the airport, may not count against your AirAsia domestic flight baggage allowance. This will be applicable when they fall within your destination government’s duty-free limit.
The duty-free items must be packaged in a Tamper-Evident Security Bag, sealed, and supported by proof of purchase until they arrive at their final destination.
Prohibited Items at AirAsia Airlines
According to AirAsia baggage policy, dangerous products or substances that may risk the aircraft’s or passengers’ safety are forbidden. Please make sure that you don’t pack any of the goods on this prohibited items list in your carry-on or checked luggage:
|Corrosive items||Gaseous substances||Flammable liquids||Oxidizing materials|
|Infectious substances||Toxic substances||Organic Peroxides||Radioactive substances|
|Explosives||Dry ice & petrol||Magnetic materials||Flammable solids|
Overall, AirAsia baggage rules are simple and necessary to obey. These rules can make your flying plans comfortable and help you skip any hassle during the journey. To reduce or minimize the extra costs, you can always weigh your bags using a luggage scale. This will help you to pack light and avoid overweight fees as well.
We recommend you to read this post on United Airlines’ baggage policy if you have flying plans within America in the time to come.
Frequently Asked Questions for AirAsia Baggage Policy
AirAsia Airlines allows all the passengers of Economy, Business, and First Class to bring two bags. As per the AirAsia India check-in baggage allowance, the weight of the luggage should not exceed 7 kilograms. It should also not reach the size dimensions of 56 cm x 36 cm x 23 cm.
The maximum weight of the AirAsia baggage policy for domestic flights is 23 kgs. However, passengers can add on the baggage limit to 40 kgs by paying additional fees at the airport or online.
For domestic routes, AirAsia Airlines charges 300 INR for carrying one kilogram of baggage inside its flights. The AirAsia baggage fees for international routes start at $29 for bringing a single kilo of the luggage.
When you think you want to extend your baggage allowance at AirAsia, you can upgrade your bags by 3kg. This can be done when you book the flight online by tapping on the “Add ons” section on its website. To know more about the same, you may contact the airline.